This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, that pretty much covers it!

Asgard ships are incredibly fast, watch some episodes with the asgard, they will be in deep space, Thor will move one of those cool rocks, and then the viewscreen will zoom in on Earth! I would say that is pretty fast, they wouldn't need to sustain this for bery long, they can make the galactic jump between Ida and the Milky way in two or three seconds flat!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      they can make the galactic jump between Ida and the Milky way in two or three seconds flat!
      I know the asgard ships are fast but i don't think they r that fast

Comment

Watch the Season 6 episode "Unatural Selection" I believe that it is this episode in which the jump between the Ida and Milky way galaxy is shown or it could be the season eight episode "New Order Pat I" I am sorry that I don't remember which it is, who knows it could be both.

Suffice it to say there is a scene in an episode when an asgard ship trnasverses a great distance in the time it takes to blink three times.

Owen Macri

Comment

The ep. where the ship travels between galaxies in a few seconds is "Small Victories", but later episodes show Asgard ships moving at a much slower space. In "The Reckoning Pt I" it seems the Danial Jackson is taking quite a long time to get from the battle with the replicator ships to Earth.

Comment

well the one from small victories was a warship that was the flagship of the asgard fleet that was closer to our galaxy( in the void between in fact) so it would travel alot faster than the daniel jackson, which was a research vessel.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

How about we just say, that they are faster than we know, because we don't know how fast they are.

Owen Macri

Comment

ok, so you prove that the zpm has a lot of energy, but what about the naquadah generators, how much energy do they produce. in the siege, part 2 the mention that they were able to increase the output to 600% of the original generators, how much is that in quantity?

Comment

600% does seem like a lot, however the only way they were to achieve this means was by operating the generator at a state of barley controlled overload, which in turn provided its' demise.

We don't know how much energy is released by a naquadah generator, however it is an incredibly small fraction of that which is released from the ZPM.

Owen Macri

Comment

the ZPM can suposable create almost unlimited energy, actoring to some, as such it just show how much energy atlantis requires.
                    600% powered a tiny part of the city for about 2 hours, wheras 5 normal ones powered it for 3 months, doesnt make sense to me.
                    the city need tremendous amounts of energy and the only thing that can meet that is probebly a zpm and therfor can create alot of energy.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

The 600% reactor was needed just to power the chair...
                      -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                      -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                      -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

And then it only activated the chair once, the second time, it broke!

Owen Macri

Comment

they should have brought a back up. but then what fun would the show be if everyone did intelligent things

Comment

Lol, you have a good point.

I don't think that they brought a back up because they only had time to make one, already being aware of the Wraith threat on Atlantis.

Owen Macri

Comment

well they could have had two teams of "Egg Heads" working on one each

Comment

That would be the smart thing to do but as you said

Originally posted by Col. Newman
                                what fun would the show be if everyone did intelligent things
                                Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X