This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was asking you.
    There's a quote of Einsteins that involves wholsesale violation of thermodynamics?
    And theoretically the one particle would have expanded and split.
    One particle cannot become two unless the mass of each is halved.
    The quote of Einsteins' works around the premise that each particle is the size of a universe, not a particle in the universe.
    Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

In theory it is possible or theoretically it is possible are just as good as I have theorized, because they all mean the same thing and it doesn't really matter who has theorized it. If it was a well known scientist I would state their name. But if I say theoretically possibly, it does not mean that someone has actually written a theory.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
        In theory it is possible or theoretically it is possible are just as good as I have theorized, because they all mean the same thing and it doesn't really matter who has theorized it. If it was a well known scientist I would state their name. But if I say theoretically possibly, it does not mean that someone has actually written a theory.

Owen Macri
        No, I disagree. The wording "In theory" suggests that a theory (of reasonable consistency) has been produced which supports your argeument. In 100% of the cases I have put to you so far it has been purely your own belief with no scientific basis whatsoever. You're being misleading by not stating that something has been theorised without making clear it's your own theory. You'd be shot down in flames if you tried to publish a paper using the same format as most of your posts.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Ok, perhaps I was not as clear as I could have been, I appoligize.

Owen Macri

Comment

Well in order to "do the homework" for these producers of the show and theorize as to how might this "ZPM" device be a real possibility we have to figure out what the answer to this thread title question is.
            a) How much energy does the ZPM produce?

b) Then we have to find an effect in real life that matches that amount of power.
            c) Then we have to use our imagination as to how it is designed so that it resembles the unit as depicted on the show and citing any real world references that we can.

The device has to:
            1) Produce the effect
            2) Reliably channel the effect into the circuit which it is connected to
            3) Do so many years without breaking

In post #39 on the "real world science items...." thread I have guessed at the power level, which is around 130 to 300 giga watts(a).

I believe I have found an effect in real life which matches that based on temporary lithium to Helium beta-decay which is 49.6 GW per gram at 100% efficient and 100% participation of the lithium atoms(b).

I suggested some ideas as to how it might be constructed but basically left it open (c). There are some sea creatures that make remarkably strong structures out of silica that resemble towers. This type of construction idea could be used in the ZPM so as to include a small radioactive element, the lithium, superconducting channels, proper arrangement so that the gamma rays are absorbed within the immediate vicinity, and the temporary helium is somehow contained within microstructures within these "crystals" until it collapses back into lithium and how it gets recombined into part of the structure again.

If the device weighs for example 7 pounds and the beta decay source (lithium) makes up 65 percent of the weight and the other 45% is structual, superconducting microchannels, radioactive isotope, and simple but highly informed microsensors and microactuators, how many grams of lithium is available to us to use as the source of the PROTELF effect assuming a 99.95 percent efficient but only a 85% participation of the atoms of lithium. We would probably have to also include some super tiny solar powered circuit somewhere on the crystals or base that is only switched on when the unit is plugged in, in order to start out the process. Otherwise if the thing was producing the effect all the time McKay would get his hand Arc welded into ash from carryuing it around.

If you think about it, this PROTELF effect is our best candidate so far. It certainly would explain how the system degrades over time resulting in less and less of the atoms of lithium available to participate in the PROTELF effect. The one big "advanced trick" here is how it is designed in such a way so that the effect produces only the higher powered helium isotope that beta-decays and not the lower powered helium isotope.

Comment

If we had something to compare it too, then we could calculate the amount of energy produced, the ZPMs that they had when they got to Atlantis had powered Atlantis for ten thousand years, but that is only a rough estimate, with the length of time that the ZPM had run, and the amount of power consumed be whatever the ZPM was powering we could still only get an estimate, but a closer one, we have to factor in "lost" power.

Owen Macri

Comment

Ok, I have just figured something out, I beleive it was this thread where people were discussing the possibilty of energy calculation of the Zero Point Module using references in "Zero Hour" as to calculate the explosive force.

Any calculations would in fact not be the energy of the Zero Point Module, it would be the energy released by the substance which tainted the ZPM.

It was only that substance that, once introduced to an electrical current would explode. By the time the Zero Point Module exploded, its' lock on its' self-conatained region of subspacetime will have been lost because whatever was holding the lock will have been destroyed.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                X