Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u must remember it not just 1 ship there building an entire fleet! which means alot more ships in the future.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

In the future. Each ship costs billions of dollars. Quite a few weeks of Shep's allowance to pay for a 304.
      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
      VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
      MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
      LANDRY
      : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
      Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
      Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
      Mmm... Green...

Comment

the stargate budget which was 7billion is cut 70%, all that money is going to funneled directly in to the daedalus production line.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Still, it'll take time to build more. It'll be at least two seasons before we have anything close to a fleet.
          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
          LANDRY
          Mmm... Green...

Comment

Eventually I believe that we might have a fleet but definetly not for a while. Maybe they will even do a spinoff on a ship, but then it would turn into Star Trek, and there would be lawsuits, and nobody wants that.

Owen Macri

Comment

i think by the end of S9/S2 earth will have 10 ships, the prommie,and 9 daedalus's (6 gaurding earth and 3 in pegasus.
              that should be enough for the time being.....thne by season 10 end we should have about 30 ships, 8 in pegasus,15 gaurding earth and another 5 liasing between new races and doing the whole exploration deal.
              by season 15 (if i goe that far) earth will have a fleet of around 100 daedalus's, and 150 athena clas vessels ( athena is a ship i designed that will have more sophisicated design,similar to the oniel but with ancient defence technology from atlantis and PJ or similar ancient cloaks expanded for a mothership- it will be the BC-304)

all of this exclude outside ship we steal,claim,borrow,are sent to us, we recondission,buy along the way - for example i strongly think we should get a share of the reckoning leftovers, but does anyone listen! who knows that just my opinion.
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

I don't know if we will have that many...

The shows will definetly go at least that far.

I like the name for the next ship. The technology in it sounds cool.

Owen Macri

Comment

yeah, i thought whats the next cool name we could use and thought athena - god of war and knowledge and wisdom, also a divine protector; what better name to fight wars,gain knowledge and protect earth!
                  the serie IMO will go to aobut 18 series but by then it will be really stretched for new ideas, still it will be at 400 odd episodes.........somewhere along the way earth will make a the SG public and colonise new worlds and become a cross between our aschen future and starwars......with a bit of startrek minus all the weird unpronounsable aliens!
                  atlantis will prevail over the wraith and the asgard will combine force with us to become a super race and to prevent extinction, the jaffa will become our slaves after atlantis flys back to earth and we rule over them like lower beings thanks to the technology it provides and some unscrupulous leaders( kinsey etc). well all have a big war and destroy the galaxy and well end up being destroywed in a massive space battle above earth with every ship in the galaxy up against earth ship ,asgard ships and a fully functioning atlantis and outpost......should be fun!

seriously i have no clue but i hope we reach 250 eps
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

I like the idea of using some female names to name new ships being built. I like Athena, how about Cleopatra or how about honoring Oma de Sala by naming a ship after her (not sure she would appreciate it). I also like the idea of naming a ship after Thor and the Asgard

I banking on SG going 13 or more seasons!. With the new cast in place and all the new storylines that it will bring. This could very well be a new beginning for SG. (lets hope so!)
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

well i think the for now ship will be named after greek myths so cleopatras probley out, maybe gaia would be suitable for oma - the whole mother nature deal.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

How about other names? From other countries, how about an Italian ship? They could name it "The Owen Macri." lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                          How about other names? From other countries, how about an Italian ship? They could name it "The Owen Macri." lol.

Owen Macri

As a fellow Italian/Scilian I'm down with naming some new ships with Italian names.

the Gladiator
                          the Coloseum
                          the Ceasar
                          the Alexander
                          now for some silly names......
                          the paisan
                          the pasta
                          the daygo
                          the Godfather
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Lol, cool. I think those would be good, and there are so many more that we could come up with.

Ciao,
                            Owen Macri

Comment

Who knows? Someday we might have Rama's and Yggdrasil's side by side in a fleet
                              LANDRY
                              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Lol, its a possibilty.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X