Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Game, THIS COULD be groundbreaking!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drew494949
    very true, i had a temporary moment of insanity and forgot about rainbow six, however, I think if they do it right, they could truly take team play to the next level where you get to use both modern weapons of warfare combined with Zats and other weapons of choice. OHHH, maybe we'll get to use those nifty sling-shot devises from that one episode on Atlantis. Like you get disoriented, find yourself in a holding cell on a gould prison camp and you are forced to build one to escape.... won't happen, but it could make a decent puzzle.
    Well that was fairly... Spoiler-filled...

And no, I'm guessing there will be no SG:A involvement, especially since the storyline is mainly SG-1 related.
    Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
      Well that was fairly... Spoiler-filled....
      Those weren't spoilers, just speculation.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
        Sorry, but this isn't groundbreaking, it's been done before. Haven't you heard of a little series called "Rainbow Six"? I think the game has the potential to be very good, but this isn't anything new. Playing in co-op teams online isn't new.
        I'm so glad someone brought up Rainbow Six in response. I love that game, I even have the SGC map for Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. I will always be personally biased towards computers as far as gaming platforms go. I know some people may argue that the consoles are just as good or better, but I can't agree with that statement (it's a personal opinion of mine). However, one of the biggest things that I've always liked computer games for is modding. I truly believe modding can extend the life of a game, almost indefinately. There are many old games that I drag out from time to time, because I a new mod was released, or I find one I haven't tried before. PLease, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard of modding for consoles.

That having been said, there could be some serious potential with this game if the developers support modding. That seems to be a growing trend these days, with developers releasing developer kits to the public so they can modify and create certain aspects to the game. I'm pretty excited about this game, but for now, I'll hold off untill we hear more about it in the future.

Comment

I'm expecting a lot of this gane. Hope their engine will be nice ! Even if i think they should have bought the hl2 engine ... it could make a great game anyway ... if the community is there !
          - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
          - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
          - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by po134
            I'm expecting a lot of this gane. Hope their engine will be nice ! Even if i think they should have bought the hl2 engine ... it could make a great game anyway ... if the community is there !
            Bzzt, wrong. They have the Unreal Engine 2X as their engine.

Better physics, close-quarters combat-enabled, enhanced customizability... Yeah, this game will rock.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

I actually prefer games on consoles because you know when you buy it, your console will be able to run it, and to the perfect level. It won't be slow or choppy, and you won't have to turn the graphics down if you haven't updated your computer in a year or two. I also find controllers easier for some games, and I could never be bothered to buy one for my PC.

Some games are a lot better on PC. The Sims, Warcraft, those types of games. Using a mouse is a lot easier.

I'm not totally happy about this game as it's not being released on the 'Cube which is the only console I own and I won't be buying another console for one game, although I did think about it. *embaressed*

To be honest though this game suites the PC more anyways I would imagine. Should be cool, we'll all have to go kick some Jaffa butt, even the rebels.

I've said it before but all I want in the multiplayer is the ability to dial the Stargate and run from the enemy. Team-mates would have to help you survive whilst dialing as well. But as long as you didn't dial the SGC, and the enemy saw the address, they could follow you. They could just follow you through the wormhole if it stayed open for 30 seconds after the last person went through. By then though you'd be long gone into the forest of the alien planet.

Comment

So if this new game gets put on the gamecube, will we get to get the sword of Power and then vanquish our enemies with light tipped arrows while saving the princess? and if the machines really do run the earth and we are supplying the energy for their massively insane idea of protecting humans from Will Smith and the "virus-like" oracle program, does that mean when we step through the event horizon on missions we really aren't leaving the planet and that is why most planets RDA visits have a lot of plant life and the whole universe looks like Kansas?

Sorry... just digressing into insane thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                  Bzzt, wrong. They have the Unreal Engine 2X as their engine.

Better physics, close-quarters combat-enabled, enhanced customizability... Yeah, this game will rock.
                  We can only hope

I just finished building a new PC, and to have a year wait I dont really think it will need upgrading because it can run the unreal engine amazingly good

Comment

I dunno about this game. Personally im not expecting much because well look at other tv show to video games we have had. *Cough, Cough* X-Files. I mean like have any of you even heard of this company? Maybe if it was picked up by EA or some other big good company it can be.Hey maybe I am
                    being to sceptical already, but all i am saying is don't count on it being that great....

Comment

Well, personally, I don't like the company: JoWood. Need a better company to design it.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                      Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                      "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                      My deviantART profile

Comment

The game certainly does have the potential of becoming groundbreaking. If the producers do a good job of it I think it will be a great game. The screen shots look promising Lets hope the actual gameplay is just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
                          Well, personally, I don't like the company: JoWood. Need a better company to design it.
                          Hm what`s your problem with my company?

And to the topic "canon": The FAQs were released by the same guy writing here now, so they are VERY official...

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
                            JoWood is publishing it. Not making it (thank god)
                            Enter my game site...

Comment

The big problem will be the graphic, they should have buy the Source engine ... really ! That could have make a awesome game !!! I saw the new pics and we can see the the circle aren't even circle !!!! Damn come on ... Even if the gameplay is good, now the company have to create a nice engine with is eye-candy because it's like that everywhere and we buy new computer, so we want more advance graphical game !!! they took the same damn **** that hl1 engine and boosted it ... come on guys we're in 2005 soon !!!! why taking a 1999's engine ?
                              - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                              - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                              - The Nox

Comment

*fangirl squee* me, the most I know about video games is the sims (and jeez, that damn game is obsessive and addictive. note to all, stay away), but I'm really excited about this game. Since it's made by Australians, perhaps we'll get a chance down here of actually getting it! yay!

Of course, yay for the groundbreaking stuff. Stargate and australia related stargate stuff so needs more recognition in the public. It's fantastic stuff. Why more people aren't obsessed is beyond me....

Comment

Working...
                                X