Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Game, THIS COULD be groundbreaking!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triptnx
    *fangirl squee* me, the most I know about video games is the sims (and jeez, that damn game is obsessive and addictive. note to all, stay away), but I'm really excited about this game. Since it's made by Australians, perhaps we'll get a chance down here of actually getting it! yay!

Of course, yay for the groundbreaking stuff. Stargate and australia related stargate stuff so needs more recognition in the public. It's fantastic stuff. Why more people aren't obsessed is beyond me....
    Hi I'm an Aussie and I'm a Stargate addict.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
      Hi I'm an Aussie and I'm a Stargate addict.
      Sounds like you've been to too many Addict programs Nathanaus... time for another?

Comment

WOW!

THE GUY WHO IS MAKING THE GAME IS SAYING ALL THESE GREAT THINGS ABOUT THE GAME!

Who would have thought?!

I mean come on people, it might be better than most games, but still, the guy is making the game and will say whatever BS he can to get it to sell more copies.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I am definatly looking forward to this game but I am skeptical at the same time. i hope it will be amazing but I will not hope for to much. Note fable was not all it was said to be.

nevertheless the screens look cool and it seems to have some promise.

Comment

Originally posted by po134
            The big problem will be the graphic, they should have buy the Source engine ... really ! That could have make a awesome game !!! I saw the new pics and we can see the the circle aren't even circle !!!! Damn come on ... Even if the gameplay is good, now the company have to create a nice engine with is eye-candy because it's like that everywhere and we buy new computer, so we want more advance graphical game !!! they took the same damn **** that hl1 engine and boosted it ... come on guys we're in 2005 soon !!!! why taking a 1999's engine ?
            Didn't you read what I wrote on the other thread? They're using Unreal Engine 2X. It has nothing to do with the Half-Life engine, it doesn't even use the same physics.

Chances are the physics are much more precise in UE2X than Source.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

Hi guys, my first post on the forum.

I just wanted to say that I think some of the comments about Jowood are a tad unfair. If you like fantasy RPG's then Spellforce is absolutely brilliant. I really enjoyed this game and would recommend it thoroughly. If SG-1 The Alliance acheived a similar level of quality then I'll be impressed.

See you round

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                Are you kidding me ? you didn't play source engine yet it is obvious
                The big drill is *BEURK* not even in circle ... I hope like you it ll be a great game but don't be fools, it won't be a farcry/doom3/hl2/mods of these games matches at any time man ! Wish it would ... but as a matter of fact this engine sucks. it is the truth. The texture may be able to help the old engine but ... anyway the gameplay will be awesome so it's sure I'll buy it, not for the solo but for the multiplayer, just to kick your ass
                - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                  Are you kidding me ? you didn't play source engine yet it is obvious
                  The big drill is *BEURK* not even in circle ... I hope like you it ll be a great game but don't be fools, it won't be a farcry/doom3/hl2/mods of these games matches at any time man ! Wish it would ... but as a matter of fact this engine sucks. it is the truth. The texture may be able to help the old engine but ... anyway the gameplay will be awesome so it's sure I'll buy it, not for the solo but for the multiplayer, just to kick your ass
                  If you haven't seen any vids of Unreal Championchip 2, you wouldn't know how smooth and how the physics of the game beat Halo 2 and Half-Life 2 out of the water (for now).

By physics I meant actual motion, recoil, ragdoll physics. Physical appearance pertains to the graphics, something that I'm sure is insanely toned down in order to avoid overdoing it with polygons (as I've stated about 5 times already in multiple threads).
                  You can't make a pure circle in any graphics engine. It's usually many tiny polygons one against another. The end result: even I can't run Half-Life 2 with a P4 2.4 GHZ processor and decent graphics card without having insane lag spikes.
                  Enter my game site...

Comment

I'm pulling this thread up for those of you who haven't noticed there's two new screenshots up at the official site.

http://www.stargate-thealliance.com/

It looks like the game will take place in season 7, considering so far we've seen Anubis's Mothership over Kelowna, Kelowna's big assed drill-ship, and that planet Anubis was creating Super Soldiers on. They might even be able to use Browders character in the game to show how he was a key part of some of SG-1's missions.

I'm beginning to wonder exactly whats the point of having an update counter on their page if they add updates whenever they wish, and they even let the counter go into negative numbers after it gets to 0.
                    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                      Didn't you read what I wrote on the other thread? They're using Unreal Engine 2X. It has nothing to do with the Half-Life engine, it doesn't even use the same physics.

i'm not familiar with these engines youre talking about. Sure, Unreal, if yore talking about the game graphics, had good graphics, but i think the game would do better with Splinter Cell like graphics or at least GTA, of course, i'm a total technical gaming lingo ignoramus. i could be wrong.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                        I'm pulling this thread up for those of you who haven't noticed there's two new screenshots up at the official site.

It looks like the game will take place in season 7, considering so far we've seen Anubis's Mothership over Kelowna, Kelowna's big assed drill-ship, and that planet Anubis was creating Super Soldiers on. They might even be able to use Browders character in the game to show how he was a key part of some of SG-1's missions.

I'm beginning to wonder exactly whats the point of having an update counter on their page if they add updates whenever they wish, and they even let the counter go into negative numbers after it gets to 0.
                        Browder?? aw, geez, the way these people are going, the game will be c**p if they keep straying from the formula. and it shouldnt just take place in a particualr season, you should be able to move through them and even maybe play in spoiler universes.

as long as i get to move and shoot in beautiful looking environments, who cares, right?
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Jack O' Neil
                          I dunno about this game. Personally im not expecting much because well look at other tv show to video games we have had. *Cough, Cough* X-Files. I mean like have any of you even heard of this company? Maybe if it was picked up by EA or some other big good company it can be.Hey maybe I am
                          being to sceptical already, but all i am saying is don't count on it being that great....
                          thats what i was thinking man. i think mostly what these companies care about is thier money. hey, why not just whip up a game, slap up a tardemark name and stick it in GameStop for 50 bucks?

but, maybe they'll surprise us.
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                            thats what i was thinking man. i think mostly what these companies care about is thier money. hey, why not just whip up a game, slap up a tardemark name and stick it in GameStop for 50 bucks?

but, maybe they'll surprise us.
                            I don't know, but when the game is hinted to in the main series, is built on a new graphical/physical engine that doesn't even have a release list (short of the first official game from the creators of the engine), has an incredibly well-known team of mappers, coders, mod makers, and whatnot from the Unreal Tournament community (sorry, I just seem to know these things, I'm a UT freak)

Let's just say that I'm quite satisfied with what I can see. When one of the lead mappers has a tutorial on the net that helped me get introduced into level mapping, he knows his stuff and knows it well.
                            Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine

Nice rendition of Anibus' mother ship though. The little concept art on the side showing a traditional mothership docked demonstrates the size of that thing!

I'm also wondeirng about the update counter then updating well before the counter says the next one is due.

Odd.

Comment

Just a small Christmas surprise, these screenshots were uploaded off our regular schedule...

Comment

Working...
                                X