Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep the Gate Open (MGM official content supporting a Season 11)!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post

Bottom line - all the vids, websites, letters, etc. etc. aren't ultimately going to save the show, it's down to ratings. If the ratings for season 9 in syndication are high enough, the show might get a season 11. What the rest of the world produce in ratings doesn't matter, it's only the USA. If you live in the US and wan't the save the show, watch Season 9 in syndication 'live'. That's what's going to do it. The rest of us are depending on you, 'cos no matter how hard we scream, holler, moan, whinge and whine, our voices do not mean a thing.
    does anyone know what the ratings have been/are for s9 in syndication?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      does anyone know what the ratings have been/are for s9 in syndication?

sally

Season 9's ratings in syndication have not been good--usually around 1.1 or 1.0, although last week it was 1.3. This is much lower than previous seasons.

I don't know, however, if this is to be expected or not. The ratings for syndication have been going down every year, so I don't know why MGM would even assume that these ratings should matter that much? Maybe MediaSavant would know the answers about syndication ratings?

Comment

I'm also curious about the sudden focus on syndicated ratings. I can understand a push to get high ratings for the end of season 10, but I don't understand the big deal about season 9.

Comment

Personally, I think this is a nice idea by MGM. Let the fans themselves tell them how much they still love SG-1 and want it to continue.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
            Season 9's ratings in syndication have not been good--usually around 1.1 or 1.0, although last week it was 1.3. This is much lower than previous seasons.

I don't know, however, if this is to be expected or not. The ratings for syndication have been going down every year, so I don't know why MGM would even assume that these ratings should matter that much? Maybe MediaSavant would know the answers about syndication ratings?
            Syndication ratings for weekly shows have been declining for years. Every year seems to take another 10% off of all of the shows.

I can't get inside MGM's head on why these syndication ratings are so important, but I do know that one of the biggest trends in marketing is to try to ignite consumers/fans into doing some of your marketing for you. And what would ignite fans of Sg-1 to do MGM's marketing more than holding out the carrot of a season 11?

All marketers have some sort of "viral marketing" thing going these days. This could be MGM's way of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              I'm also curious about the sudden focus on syndicated ratings. I can understand a push to get high ratings for the end of season 10, but I don't understand the big deal about season 9.

It could be a way of recouping the loss/profit ratio of S9. A higher
              rating(s) for it the more markets they can sell it to.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post
                I must admit, as a UK resident, it's getting a bit tiresome constantly being 'excluded' and not-counted.
                Just send it to someone you know or can trust in the U.S., then have them send it. If you have any connections, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by kruegersc4 View Post
                  Just send it to someone you know or can trust in the U.S., then have them send it. If you have any connections, that is.
                  I think someone offered that service in a previous post.

I'm not so aggrieved at the contest thing, it's more to do with not counting in the ratings that I find frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                    Syndication ratings for weekly shows have been declining for years. Every year seems to take another 10% off of all of the shows.

I can't get inside MGM's head on why these syndication ratings are so important, but I do know that one of the biggest trends in marketing is to try to ignite consumers/fans into doing some of your marketing for you. And what would ignite fans of Sg-1 to do MGM's marketing more than holding out the carrot of a season 11?

All marketers have some sort of "viral marketing" thing going these days. This could be MGM's way of doing it.
                    Organizing a contest about season 9 episodes (WITH PRIZES!) open to all around the world audience, but of course mainly encouraging people in USA to watch syndicated season 9 on TV is great idea, too - http://stargatesg1.com/contest/s9scavengerhunt
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

GCBme- Keep The Gate Open Contest Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_LUL3XQtg4

Comment

GCBMedia - Keep The Gate Open Contest Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_LUL3XQtg4

Comment

The one thing I really like about the USA scrapbooking magazine Creating Keepsakes is that most of their contests are open to Canadians (exluding the province of Quebec for legal reasons) and England and Wales. Other fans of the mag have asked many times why can't the rest of the world enter. Answer is always about it has to do with the country and legal reasons within that country. Most USA magazines don't allow Canadians to enter their contests. I just happen to subscripe to this one so know that at least one does.
                          Good luck to everyone who enters!
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

You know, not all the promos are on the site, damn it, I want all 20 promos, please, along with some of the Ori music.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh shoot...anyone know what the piece of music is in the 3rd Music download?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Oh shoot...anyone know what the piece of music is in the 3rd Music download?
                                a 10 minute Goa'uld piece, or something
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X