Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep the Gate Open (MGM official content supporting a Season 11)!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post
    Am used to it, not gonna stop us whining about it though
    sigpic

Comment

Not a stupid question at all I found it when Iwas visiting her profile on the MGM website, I don't know if there's a specific way to find out where the other submissions are
      Ah okay.

Can you PM me the link?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        Ah okay.

Can you PM me the link?
        Done

Comment

This is absolutly rediculous. They give not nearly enough time and then they discriminate against non-US people. Just wait i'll be we won't even have access to this season 11 if it happens. Some AMerican company big shot will find a way to stop the rest of the world from ever seeing it. Just you wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
            This is absolutly rediculous. They give not nearly enough time and then they discriminate against non-US people. Just wait i'll be we won't even have access to this season 11 if it happens. Some AMerican company big shot will find a way to stop the rest of the world from ever seeing it. Just you wait.
            How would this contest stop the show?
            I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Please stop accusing MGM of wrongdoing in excluding non-U.S. residents.

Contests generated by U.S. companies are governed by strict laws of how they can be conducted and among whom.

It's not any sort of discrimination, revenge, or other evil plot. It's just them following the law.

(sheesh)

Comment

So now the future of SG1 is dependent on fan vids? O...kay...

MGM is starting to tick me off. If they're going to do something with SG1, then they should be polite enough to inform the fans they're apparently so dependent on now. All these "you can save it if you do X" odd requests appear to be just leading on fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

MGM is starting to tick me off. If they're going to do something with SG1, then they should be polite enough to inform the fans they're apparently so dependent on now. All these "you can save it if you do X" odd requests appear to be just leading on fans.

I found the contest odd as well. To begin with there is not much time to make the video and send it in. Usually contest last more than a month. I'm not sure why they are doing it when they have already approved 2 movies. One which leads to another spin off. It makes no sense to me.

Even if they run a season 11--it would most likely be on DVD or internet--not broadcast.

The only reason I can think of doing the contest is to see what type of response they get from fans. It would have made more sense to run the contest right after Skiffy cancelled the show and then send all tapes to skiffy.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

I don't blame MGM for the exlusion of Non-US residents, it's an external company organising the contest, and I should imagine that as there is a cash prize, there are all sorts of legal issues. That's not what I'm upset about.

Bottom line - all the vids, websites, letters, etc. etc. aren't ultimately going to save the show, it's down to ratings. If the ratings for season 9 in syndication are high enough, the show might get a season 11. What the rest of the world produce in ratings doesn't matter, it's only the USA. If you live in the US and wan't the save the show, watch Season 9 in syndication 'live'. That's what's going to do it. The rest of us are depending on you, 'cos no matter how hard we scream, holler, moan, whinge and whine, our voices do not mean a thing.

Gosh-darn, reading back what I type above sounds very negative.

That doesn't mean I'm going to curl up and give in. None of us should, but please, can someone somewhere get it through their head that SG1 is watched and loved worldwide, you know, other countries, those other bits of land on this planet :-)

On a more cheery note, good luck to all of you who can enter, and do the rest of us proud.
                    Last edited by DeltaFlyer; 13 November 2006, 06:54 AM. Reason: incomplete post

Comment

I don't blame MGM for the exlusion of Non-US residents, it's an external company organising the contest, and I should imagine that as there is a cash prize, there are all sorts of legal issues. That's not what I'm upset about.

Bottom line - all the vids, websites, letters, etc. etc. aren't ultimately going to save the show, it's down to ratings. If the ratings for season 9 in syndication are high enough, the show might get a season 11. What the rest of the world produce in ratings doesn't matter, it's only the USA. If you live in the US and wan't the save the show, watch Season 9 in syndication 'live'. That's what's going to do it. The rest of us are depending on you, 'cos no matter how hard we scream, holler, moan, whinge and whine, our voices do not mean a thing.

Gosh-darn, reading back what I type above sounds very negative.

That doesn't mean I'm going to curl up and give in. None of us should, but please, can someone somewhere get it through their head that SG1 is watched and loved worldwide, you know, other countries, those other bits of land on this planet :-)

On a more cheery note, good luck to all of you who can enter, and do the rest of us proud.
                      The main question is whether USA care about the rest of the world... quite often I doubt it very much. I'd love to be wrong in this particular case.
                      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                        The main question is whether USA care about the rest of the world... quite often I doubt it very much. I'd love to be wrong in this particular case.
                        Far, I can't answer for anyone else, but there is at least one American that does care, very deeply, about the rest of the world. I have not only lived overseas for several years, I have great friends all over the world, and am an active member of several world conservation charities and organizations.

I'm also a Gater from the beginning, and I will now make sure to watch Season 9, in syndication. And trust me, I'm constantly spouting off to peeps here about SG-1 and Atlantis and have made us a few new fans!

Hope that makes you feel a little better about us Yanks. I know many of "us" are bores, but trust me, you can find people like that in every country.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                          Far, I can't answer for anyone else, but there is at least one American that does care, very deeply, about the rest of the world. I have not only lived overseas for several years, I have great friends all over the world, and am an active member of several world conservation charities and organizations.

I'm also a Gater from the beginning, and I will now make sure to watch Season 9, in syndication. And trust me, I'm constantly spouting off to peeps here about SG-1 and Atlantis and have made us a few new fans!

Hope that makes you feel a little better about us Yanks. I know many of "us" are bores, but trust me, you can find people like that in every country.
                          Definitely

BTW, Vala/CB thread is still waiting for your little report

BTW2, HERE you can find the list of channels airing season 9 in syndication in USA now.
                          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Just to let you guys know, there are now 2 more music files available (#2 & #3)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post

Hi Lida,

I wasn't getting at you guys, my comments were aimed at the corporates. It is they who seem to ignore the rest of the world, I guess they don't get as many 'bucks' from us for showing the shows on TV the 'other' side of the pond.

We, as SG1 fans need to stick together, I get the impression that there are some on the boards who are put about not being able to enter the contest for 'it's not fair' reasons rather then 'we need all of our voices to be heard' reasons. Myself, I'm with the 'I want my voice to be heard' brigade, and I'll use the means available to me, which is what the rest of us should do, constructively, rather than just whinging, although, I guess I might come across as whingy, but all I'm trying to do is raise awareness, not bash MGM or you guys who do care

I said it before, and I'll say it again, I hope the guys who can enter the contest do the rest of us, and of course, SG1 proud

Sorry it's a bit convoluted, and that you get my drift, the last thing we need is a war among the fans, there are enough of those going on on other threads

Delta

Comment

What if it's a few seconds over? I know it says 2 minutes...but what if you've squeezed the crap out of it and it's still 2 minutes 6 seconds?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X