Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do give you a spot on both shows, even though it says one or the other. They don't have to though. They also don't have to use any footage of you in the show.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
      They do give you a spot on both shows, even though it says one or the other. They don't have to though. They also don't have to use any footage of you in the show.
      Of course the 'you' could be anybody. I'm still having problems signing up as they say my handle and password don't match; never mind that it gets me into scifi every day. I know someone who gave up entirely as they couldn't even sign up as the SciFi site obviously has some, er, bugs...

Comment

Does anyone know exactly what "per day" means? Does that mean after you enter you can't re-enter within 24 hours or after midnight? And if it's midnight, what time zone do we go by? I want to enter as many times as possible but if you enter more than once "per day" they ignore your entries.
        Major Kristen Blanchard
        Chief Medical Officer
        5th Fleet Battlestar Daedelus BSR-08
        52nd Fighter Squadron
        MKII Viper 05017TX "Styker"
        http://jedimstrkris.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by JediMstrKris
          Does anyone know exactly what "per day" means? Does that mean after you enter you can't re-enter within 24 hours or after midnight? And if it's midnight, what time zone do we go by? I want to enter as many times as possible but if you enter more than once "per day" they ignore your entries.
          Because I can't honestly expect that anybody (except someone with no life outside the computer) can log in at the same time each day, I suspect that within a 24 hour time period (midnight to one minute before) you can enter just once.

If you can enter. Still getting the stupid error message and I'm not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
            If you can enter. Still getting the stupid error message and I'm not the only one.
            I'm not getting an error message. I entered yesterday and today with no problems.
            Major Kristen Blanchard
            Chief Medical Officer
            52nd Fighter Squadron

Comment

I'm not getting an error message. I entered yesterday and today with no problems.
              I remember this happened last year. A lot of folk could enter, a lot of folk had problems. Last year I had no problems, so, go figure, this year I got nailed. Sigh.

Comment

weeeee nice contest wish i could entry but being canadian forfits it boo urns on that. has there been any contest for sg for only canadians? not to my knowledge but either scifi should open it to all fans, or mgm hosts these contests and make it open.

Comment

Originally posted by Borg154
                  weeeee nice contest wish i could entry but being canadian forfits it boo urns on that. has there been any contest for sg for only canadians? not to my knowledge but either scifi should open it to all fans, or mgm hosts these contests and make it open.
                  I have seen contests hosted in, of all places, the United Arab Emirates(!), to visit the SG set, so there MUSt be a contest somewhere for canadians to enter. I would keep an eye out on your local stations/affiliates who air Stargate, or heck, even start Googling. You'd think they'd allow some nice polite Canadians to visit

SciFi can't open up to everyone due to legal issues. I had actually asked Showtime once why Canadians coudln't access their SG site and got back an answer full of legalese. Needless to say, it's all about laywers, and yeah, money.

Comment

Of course the 'you' could be anybody. I'm still having problems signing up as they say my handle and password don't match; never mind that it gets me into scifi every day. I know someone who gave up entirely as they couldn't even sign up as the SciFi site obviously has some, er, bugs...
                    I'm one of those other ones having trouble. It's really aggravating. I emailed scifi about it, as if I would hear anything back from them. So not fair.

As long as it's fixed by September; if it only took N8 one entry, there may be hope...
                    GateFan67 aka GateFan810 www.gatefan.org

Help support my convention habit. Buy Avon from my website
                    www.youravon.com/lorourke

Comment

Originally posted by GateFan67
                      I'm one of those other ones having trouble. It's really aggravating. I emailed scifi about it, as if I would hear anything back from them. So not fair.

As long as it's fixed by September; if it only took N8 one entry, there may be hope...
                      Yeah, if Scifi EVER answers their email. Did you write them?

[email protected], [email protected]

I sent to both.

Comment

I'm still not having any problems, Thank GOD. I've entered every single day. What exactly is it doing that's not allowing you to enter?
                        Major Kristen Blanchard
                        Chief Medical Officer
                        52nd Fighter Squadron

Comment

I'm still not having any problems, Thank GOD. I've entered every single day. What exactly is it doing that's not allowing you to enter?
                          telling folks their handle and password don't match what they have in their database. never mind that those same things get you into the boards and other parts of their site...

Comment

telling folks their handle and password don't match what they have in their database. never mind that those same things get you into the boards and other parts of their site...
                            Have you tried getting a new Handle and Password?? I think that when I tried it the first time thats what it said, but I wasn't even sure if I had signed up for anything, so I signed up again anyway.
                            Major Kristen Blanchard
                            Chief Medical Officer
                            52nd Fighter Squadron

Comment

Have you tried getting a new Handle and Password?? I think that when I tried it the first time thats what it said, but I wasn't even sure if I had signed up for anything, so I signed up again anyway.
                              Yup, used a new email, new handle, new password. It's stupid to have to go through that when I have an existing password, but heck, want to enter. Won't be using that other addy though.

Comment

Yeah, if Scifi EVER answers their email. Did you write them?

[email protected], [email protected]

I sent to both.
                                I sent an email to the first one. Thanks for the second one, I will email that one too. Not sure if it's deja vu, but didn't this happen last year?
                                GateFan67 aka GateFan810 www.gatefan.org

Help support my convention habit. Buy Avon from my website
                                www.youravon.com/lorourke

Comment

Working...
                                X