This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
    Can someone tell me what particular qualities she possesses to believably justify her character becoming a permanent presence instead of a recurring one?
    she was in farscape. nuff said.

claudia is a good actress and i feel for her. no matter what they do with her character it will not go over well.

keep her as OTT as she has been she'll grow real old real fast, tone her down and she'll lose that irreverance that folks seem to love.

she's caught in a Catch 22

ooh, and notice this
    <i>Stargate SG-1 becomes the longest-running SF drama on U.S. television and will mark its 200th episode in the upcoming season.</i>

didn't take them long to start pimping SG as 'longest runnig' did it????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      I like Vala too but am curious how this will affect both SG1 and SGA. SciFi ain't gonna give us another minute of show, so they're going to chop somebody's dialogue or air time somewhere...

And now, what does this mean about Amanda on SGA? I love SGA as it is, and am concerned the writers could botch it up in both galaxies.
      of course they will. Presuming that the press release is correct and Vala is a regular - as in each eps - characters will be reduced to make room for her. Whether or not the recuctions are noticible is dependant on the skill of the writers.

again, good for CB, i'm sure she's happy to have landed the work. Will it be good for Stargate? only time will tell.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just because someone is a regular, it doesn't mean they will be in every episode. Beckett is a regular this season on Atlantis and he's hardly been seen outside his bug arc. Before all the anti-Vala people start swearing off SG1 maybe they should give the writers a chance to prove they can intigrate Vala into the SG world.
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Yay!

But does that mean that Sam is only getting half a season on SG-1 and another half on SGA?

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
          I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
          Spoiler:
          Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Wow- at this rate they will have a cast bigger than LOST!

Hmm going to be interesting to see how they add her to the mix and who will strangle Vala first (my money is on Teal'c - you always have to watch the quiet ones! )

So pleased though Claudia has a regular gig!

Comment

I'm really happy about seeing Vala again! But I DO NOT want to see Carter getting pushed to the side. Carter is my favorite of all time and I don't want to see her participation with SG-1 go down. I don't want to see her on Atlantis either. But yes, Vala will be an awesome addition to SG-1! Hopefully we'll see a change in her, I think we will!

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                Wow- at this rate they will have a cast bigger than LOST!

Hmm going to be interesting to see how they add her to the mix and who will strangle Vala first (my money is on Teal'c - you always have to watch the quiet ones! )

So pleased though Claudia has a regular gig!
                Bidding has begun for the Stargate Deathmatch...
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...60#post4688060
                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  she was in farscape. nuff said.

claudia is a good actress and i feel for her. no matter what they do with her character it will not go over well.

keep her as OTT as she has been she'll grow real old real fast, tone her down and she'll lose that irreverance that folks seem to love.

she's caught in a Catch 22

ooh, and notice this
                  <i>Stargate SG-1 becomes the longest-running SF drama on U.S. television and will mark its 200th episode in the upcoming season.</i>

didn't take them long to start pimping SG as 'longest runnig' did it????
                  I agree, CB is an excellent actress. And they seemed to have found a happy medium for her character by the middle of her S9 arc. I just don't see how, storywise, it makes sense for her to be around THAT much. But as someone mentioned, Beckett's an SG-A regular and his appearances are more like that of a frequently recurring character, so perhaps we may see that here.
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                    Yay!

But does that mean that Sam is only getting half a season on SG-1 and another half on SGA?
                    Which would suck, as I like her on SG1 and wonder who will lose screentime on SGA to compensate for her 'guest starring' that much on SGA? Besides, they've got a resident genius on SGA - McKay - no need for two, and what will SG1 do if they need a genius???

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                      Yay!

If so I hope they won't use Vala as a replacement for Sam again!!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                        Bidding has begun for the Stargate Deathmatch...
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...60#post4688060
                        LOL!!

Comment

I like Vala, so it will be good IMO to have her back.

However they do it, S10 is shaping up to be different. Here's to hoping for good chemistry, a mix of old and new characters, and some good shows.

Comment

Woot! I want to be very glad about this, as Vala is a new favorite character of mine, and I warm up to very few characters fast. (It took seven seasons before I really started to like Carter).

I just don't know if I'm that trusting of TPTB... thye are going to have to be VERY careful if they want this to work, and Vala is going to have to evolve a bit to make it happen. She can't get boring, but she has to calm down a little- SGC has bigger problems to deal with than her personal entaglements involving shiny treasures.

Altogether, I think they can pull it off. But if they start to get the idea that a Daniel/Vala ship is okay... well I will bring a protest such as hasn't been seen since John Lennon died.

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                            Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                            (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Yeah. SG-1 will now be accompanied by a thief whom loyalties are somewhere... elsewhere. Ain't this nice. Why won't they bring a Wraith from Atlantis, let's call him something like Jeff, and incorporate him as part of the SG-1.

This is plain stupid, first of all, the season nine has been boring as the battle of sand crabs and now they are converting Stargate into Fargate. Maybe they should bring in Adama with this Galactica and make a super cross-over episode where Wraith are fighting againsta Cylons in the Asgard galaxy while the whole universe is being devoured by a giant larvae.

I don't know, on a personal level I found Vala to be annoying. As a character, she's full of nothing. Why didn't they brought Jonas back... that I will never understand and I sure do hope that our dear Amanda will be spending more time in Pegasus galaxy. Because Atlantis is something worth watching it hasn't become ridiculous yet.
                              In the fullness of time. Expect me when you see me.

Comment

Well I don't see her as being the sex object all the time, Beachhead did a nice bit of developement on her and seems she and Teal'c have the sort of relationship Jonas and Teal'c had. She would be useful to the SGC as she has all sorts of contacts and has just began to bond with the SG1 team. I am all for it because I'm sure I'll be missing her tomorrow on SG1.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X