Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if something does not change with her character in season 9 I think I'll stop watching SG-1.

Dex and Quinn were different, they were logical. Quinn was a good guy all around and wanted to make up for what happened to Daniel. I will admit I was unsure of Dex at first and TPTB did do a good job fitting him in on the team but I can't think of anyone more different from Vala. Dex has honor, he's had military training and he knows the Wraith when Atlantis knows so little.

Anyway just the fact that she stole Promie should of been enough for the SGC to of locked her up and throne away the key. The ONLY reason she hung around as long as she did was because she was connected to Daniel. So my question again is what could possibly be the logic behind the SGC letting her stay? They have never been so forgiving before.
    Last edited by GatetheWay; 21 November 2005, 08:54 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Ah, in reading the original SciFi.com press release, they really need to get a dictionary

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33347

Grammar folk will recognize the error
      Yep. Definitely need a dictionary. *sigh*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        Well, if something does not change with her character in season 9 I think I'll stop watching SG-1.

Dex and Quinn were different, they were logical. Quinn was a good guy all around and wanted to make up for what happened to Daniel. I agree I was un sure of Dex at first and TPTB did a good job fitting him in on the team but I can't think of anyone more different from Vala. Dex has honor, he's had military training and he knows the Wraith when Atlantis knows so little.

Anyway just the fact that she stole Promie should of been enough for the SGC to of locked her up and throne away the key. The ONLY reason she hung around as long as she did was because she was connected to Daniel. So my question again is what could possibly be the logic behind the SGC letting her stay? They have never been so forgiving before.
        Speaking of Quinn, if they have the money to append a new character to the main cast, why not Jonas instead? I could think of a thousand reasons for his reappearance. He's a scientist, he's got that mysterious biology angle, the Langarans need to know about the Ori threat, and they'd probably send Quinn to the SGC to protect their interests.

What's Vala got? The hots for Daniel and a mysterious kid that may herald the jumping of the shark. Maybe she's got something else, but I don't see it.
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I am so THRILLED I love this actress and I truely enjoyed her character at the beginning of the season.
          I think Claudia and Vala will be a great addition to SG-1 team
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Oh boy..... I cant say that I like this. Personally, I didnt like Vala. I thought the character was stupid and annoying. I also think Daniel, and the SGC were stupid and trust her and let her just move on in. If I were Daniel, I would have already shot her and thrown her into the gate "splash" when it opens. The storylines involving Vala were a waste of time. I can only imagine that Vala will be the downfall of SG1, only because they fall for her games and stupid ideas all the time. Sure, she saved SG1 and the prometheus, but I was glad to see her go!

Comment

I like Vala too but am curious how this will affect both SG1 and SGA. SciFi ain't gonna give us another minute of show, so they're going to chop somebody's dialogue or air time somewhere...

And now, what does this mean about Amanda on SGA? I love SGA as it is, and am concerned the writers could botch it up in both galaxies.

Comment

wooohooo
                regular vala
                and the rest stays too

Comment

I have seen nothing to convince me that Vala would make a good regular and the fact that this peice of news arrives after the conformation of the rumors that AT is going to be spending sometime on SGA has me seriously concerned for Sam.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

This wonderful news. I'm really looking forward to seeing Claudia again. I'm sure there are a lots of adventures waiting for all the Stargate characters.

A.
                    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

I for one am thrilled I have complete faith in Claudia Black's ability to evolve the character of Vala into something I look forward to each week.

The more time Vala has to grow the better the character will become and Claudia has already proved to me as a fan that she can take any character and make it grow.

I would hope that TPTB do realize that Vala needs to grow and fill out and hopefully they won't be *Boys* and turn this lovely actress into a cardboard dress up doll. Claudia is a gorgeous woman and I can definitely understand wanting to have some fun with wardrobe and with the banter but I hope TPTB can also grow and with these new cast members begin to mature, stretch and grow the show more
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

That's so cool!! I'm really looking forward to see season 10 and VALA
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I would still like to know what Vala brings to the mix that justifies making her a regular. Sure she's had some wonderful moments as a recurring character, but I can't see how this character can supply enough to be a consistently permanent presence. Much less something that I could see a military installation allowing...
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

To be honest, I have mixed thoughts about this. I like Vala, but on small doses. I like her for a few episodes per season (like in season 9). I'm not sure about having Vala in all the episodes or in most of them, like it'll happen in season 10...

Don't get me wrong. I do like her a lot, and I love the Daniel/Vala banter. I'm just not sure at this point about having her in 20 episodes...

But to be honest too, I had some doubts in the past when hearing about some casting decisions and all of them turned out to be great, so I trust the writers and producers at Bridge Studios (I know many fans will disagree with this last sentence, but in my case I like what they've done so far, and I don't have any reason to think otherwise).

Anyway, all the other S9 regulars (Amanda, Michael, Ben, Chris and Beau) are also returning as regulars for s10, so I'm not complaining. I don't think Vala as a regular will prevent me from enjoying the show as much as I've done so far, so it's OK... And it might turn out to be a really great thing. So, overwall, I'm a happy camper here

Comment

Count me in as another one who is very happy to hear this. I love Vala. I love her energy, her humor, her wit, and the way she keeps everyone off balance. I love the fact that there's hints of tragedy in her past. Even if she's toned down a bit (and she'll probably have to be), she still adds a lot to the show.

In my most humble opinion, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by lily
                                To be honest, I have mixed thoughts about this. I like Vala, but on small doses. I like her for a few episodes per season (like in season 9). I'm not sure about having Vala in all the episodes or in most of them, like it'll happen in season 10...

Don't get me wrong. I do like her a lot, and I love the Daniel/Vala banter. I'm just not sure at this point about having her in 20 episodes...
                                I know what you mean! It would be boring for me to see Vala in every episode!! But it's great that she will be in season 10!!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X