X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15
    Originally posted by brihana25
    Haven't we done this thread a few hundred times already?
    Not really, since this one is official.
    Look at the subject line of my post. When I posted, I was actually in a thread called "FARgate?"

Personally, I'm thrilled to hear that Vala will be aboard for S10. She's a liar, and a thief, and a conartist, and a tramp, and there is very little socially redeeming about her that we've seen so far, but I absolutely adore her.
    ~bri~

Comment

Haven't we done this thread a few hundred times already?
      Oh no! Sounds like you've been trapped in a time loop reliving the same day over and over ago. It was only announced to today that Black had signed on to be a regular member for Season 10. (Tell me you didn't seek out your favorite SG cast member and say/do anything embarrassing during one of the time loops?)
      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
        anyone else think that with all these farscape characters they might as well change the name? lol
        they should because that's what they're trying to recreate without paying those pesty royalty fees....but they won't. because if they do then they lose the bragging rights of having the longest running us scifi show...even used something like that line in the press release
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Has the possibility of a drastic turn around in Vala's character been considered by anyone?

She's been stuck in the Ori galaxy for who knows how long, it's bound to have affected her in someway. So instead of the more cliched 'from bad to good' redemption story, what if they had Vala go nuts and present a threat to both the SGC and the Ori? Not actually evil, rather doing what she thinks is right (which happens to be against what the SGC believe). Kinda similiar to what's happened to Ford on Atlantis.

It'd be a great way to have a more personalised 'enemy' for the SGC ('specially Daniel) and I'm sure CB would make a great 'bad' character.
          but, will people still flock to her when she's not the sexually charged ethically challenged vixen that they fell in love with?

for her to be sustainable she'll need to tone down....need to be a bit more, dare i say it, sam like - in the fitting in type of thing.

will she still be 'fun' when she's not changing her clothes every 5 minutes, jumping into daniel's bed, sprouting jack-like lines and acting OTT???

Many people loved urgo...but would they still love him after 20 episodes? adn would he still be urgo after he was toned down to fit in???

yes, this could be good, but it could also be a huge example of 'be careful of what you wish for'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
            Oh no! Sounds like you've been trapped in a time loop reliving the same day over and over ago. It was only announced to today that Black had signed on to be a regular member for Season 10. (Tell me you didn't seek out your favorite SG cast member and say/do anything embarrassing during one of the time loops?)
            Oh no! Sounds like you didn't read the post directly above yours. It's already been stated today that I had originally posted in a thread called "FARgate" that got merged into this one. (Tell me you don't usually put your biting sarcasm and and/or degrading humor to such ultimately futile use?)
            ~bri~

Comment

Good bye Stargate. You were fun while you lasted. But all good things do come to an end no matter how much we try to hold onto it.

Enjoy your season of Sprog\Fargate people.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Look at the subject line of my post. When I posted, I was actually in a thread called "FARgate?"

Personally, I'm thrilled to hear that Vala will be aboard for S10. She's a liar, and a thief, and a conartist, and a tramp, and there is very little socially redeeming about her that we've seen so far, but I absolutely adore her.
                Oops, my bad.

Can't get used to combined threads!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  but, will people still flock to her when she's not the sexually charged ethically challenged vixen that they fell in love with?

for her to be sustainable she'll need to tone down....need to be a bit more, dare i say it, sam like - in the fitting in type of thing.

will she still be 'fun' when she's not changing her clothes every 5 minutes, jumping into daniel's bed, sprouting jack-like lines and acting OTT???

Many people loved urgo...but would they still love him after 20 episodes? adn would he still be urgo after he was toned down to fit in???

yes, this could be good, but it could also be a huge example of 'be careful of what you wish for'
                  But Vala could still be OTT if she was an 'enemy'

Comment

can't be a member of the team if you're an enemy. and not much of an enemy if you're a regular.

they got rid of the goauld because they were to OTT, makes no sense to bring back much of the same.

10:1, vala will return, redeemed and changed by her experiences and might even have caught some of daniel's convenient amnesia since it worked so well last time.

she'll be redeemed, subdued adn a shadow of her naughty self

wonder if she'll remember her affection for daniel or if she'll move her sites onto Cameron????

sigpic

Comment

True, but Vala obviously had enough cunning to take the Prometheus from the military.
                      Which I thought was stupid cause it makes SGC and the military look like stupid morons.

I don't understand. You would think that, a girl, by herself, running around the galaxy and living the way she does, would know a little about defense, and ergo - fighting. Whereas Daniel is a civilian archeologist. I was surprised that Daniel put up that much of a fight.
                      Daniel in comparison to Vala is like a truck going up against a tricycle. Daniel could have (and should have) knocked her out regardless if shes a woman or not. I like Daniel and since Jack is gone, Daniel is more of a favorite now, but I still think he needs to be more authoritive with Vala instead of falling for her crap!

Comment

Should be interesting to see if there's an flash back episode that covers her time as a Goa'uld and the Tok'ra subsequently freeing her. I'd pay could hard cash to hear commentary from her Goa'uld symbiote over Vala's thoughts and wether or not it thought that it had made a bad decision in selected her as a host. If she drives people up the wall, think about what it would have been like for a creature melded with her.
                        "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil
                          Which I thought was stupid cause it makes SGC and the military look like stupid morons.
                          !

yep, that's some crack military group you got there when a single woman with a zat can depopulate a whole space ship manned by the 'best of the best'

obviously the SGC has significantly lowered thier standards of admission

sigpic

Comment

I had hoped that Stargate would continue in a more serious manner. But the Vala character has so far only been annoying. Yikes, really wish this serie could have a more serious and exciting atmosphere. The story is not on its top right now...

Comment

But that doesn't make any sense. When you're one person against a whole galaxy like Vala, you've bound to develop some cunning and defensive skills. In other words, she knows how it works out there, we don't...well, at least not as much.

Comment

Oh well, its just tv show.

But I will say this..... Ive always thought of SG1 as a pretty good show, but with RDA gone and the new characters showing up, if it gets any worse, it will be at the level of "Wormhole Xtreme". I always liked the original SG1 plots, (aliens, alien worlds, technology, weapons and the interaction between them all), but when they had several episodes in a row of nothing but Vala this and Vala that, I thought it was a waste of time. I can only hope that Vala doesnt defeat the Ori by herself. That would ruin the show.

Anyway.... I guess we'll see what kind of stuff the writers are going to throw at us this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X