Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help save Stargate Video games (Worlds and Resistance)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, just released a new blog post, it is a podcast talking to the leader of the Stargate Movies Campaign!!! Lot's of good stuff in there!!

Check it out here: http://savestargate.org/blog/
    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Stargate Worlds was the only game that had promise, Resistance was just chopped off bits of it that they hastily pasted together to get some kind of game out before the courts shut it all down. Unfortunately, MGM didn't do their due diligence when allowing a dev access to their IP, and unfortunate gamers who bought it are stuck with the mess.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
        Stargate Worlds was the only game that had promise, Resistance was just chopped off bits of it that they hastily pasted together to get some kind of game out before the courts shut it all down. Unfortunately, MGM didn't do their due diligence when allowing a dev access to their IP, and unfortunate gamers who bought it are stuck with the mess.
        thus why it's not worth going down with the ship sometimes. no matter how noble you feel the cause is.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Alliance looked to be extremely good before it was canned.
          "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
          - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Actually I should quote the three of you above me... if yo uwant to know the truth about what happened, and why it happened. Read the article I post a link to at the bottom. Also it will tell you about Resistance and why it came out the way it did.

http://savestargate.org/blog/jim-brown-part1/
            Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Stargate resitance is a good game. I played it for a while and after a bit i got tired of it. was gonna re install it and play it again but servers seem really dead. guess they are shutting it down.

Comment

Although my time with Stargate Resistance was limited due to real life concerns, I can honestly say that it wasn't worth the money.

With every new patch to fix old glitches, came new glitches. Only one new map was released in the 10 or so months that it was available (not counting next month when it's death is official). The gameplay had been done better in other games from other companies (*COUGH*Team Fortress 2*COUGH*), and even with its brief stable time, the servers were empty.

Giving the game license to an up and coming company with an ambition for making an MMO (SGW) or a third person action shooter (SGR) was a mistake.

The Stargate franchise is perfect for an FPS, and Alliance was practically finished when MGM told Perception to pull the plug because MGM wanted to "take a risk" with a different genre of gaming.

So no, I will not sign your petition to save a game that would have been a financial flop in the first place.

If only MGM had given the license to EA, then we could have had at least 3 different Stargate FPS's by now, which could have saved the franchise as a whole.
                Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                  I've been hoping for a Stargate game since they started working of Alliance and I've had nothing but disappointment every time one has been started. I don't see a petition changing a thing. Good luck with getting those signatures though.
                  You could try the stargate mods that they have.

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                    Actually I should quote the three of you above me... if yo uwant to know the truth about what happened, and why it happened. Read the article I post a link to at the bottom. Also it will tell you about Resistance and why it came out the way it did.

http://savestargate.org/blog/jim-brown-part1/
                    Came out the way it did. You mean bad?
                    Shame about Worlds it looked like it would have been fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                      If only MGM had given the license to EA, then we could have had at least 3 different Stargate FPS's by now, which could have saved the franchise as a whole.
                      That's assuming EA would want the licence. A lot of people seem to have a very elevated idea of the stargate franchise's popularity and appeal to companies. When they're putting out games based on original ip's of their own which are more popular than the stargate franchise as a whole, there's really not a lot of an incentive for these large companies to make a stargate game.

If a publisher like EA had bought the license, it would have just foisted the licence on one of the smaller development teams anyway. The idea that publishers like EA and Activison would let their top developers like Bioware, DICE or Infinity Ward anywhere near the franchise is ridiculous. It simply isn't worth the money to them. The games were always going to be developed by small developers, even if EA had bought the licence, as anyone large simply wouldn't be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                        If a publisher like EA had bought the license, it would have just foisted the licence on one of the smaller development teams anyway. The idea that publishers like EA and Activison would let their top developers like Bioware, DICE or Infinity Ward anywhere near the franchise is ridiculous. It simply isn't worth the money to them. The games were always going to be developed by small developers, even if EA had bought the licence, as anyone large simply wouldn't be interested.
                        Sad, but true.

But hey, if one of the fans here would like to pay for the development and license costs, maybe EA can have DICE or Bioware work on it...why not?
                        (then again, w/ that kind of cash, you can probably cover the cost for the 2 SG movies... )
                        Sadly, I don't think we've seen an SG fan win the lottery, yet...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                          Sad, but true.

But hey, if one of the fans here would like to pay for the development and license costs, maybe EA can have DICE or Bioware work on it...why not?
                          (then again, w/ that kind of cash, you can probably cover the cost for the 2 SG movies... )
                          Sadly, I don't think we've seen an SG fan win the lottery, yet...
                          2 SG movies? Anyone with $30 million dollars on hand to finance these companies could finace 4 or 5 movies easily.

Comment

No video game company would want to come near Stargate because its too bloated for them to consider at this point. Plus the stargate stories dont offer anything new that will add to the gameplay.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                              No video game company would want to come near Stargate because its too bloated for them to consider at this point. Plus the stargate stories dont offer anything new that will add to the gameplay.
                              That makes no sense. If that was true no videogame company would go near Star Trek or Star Wars, which isn't true, they turfed out tons of games. But Stargate is a lot smaller than those two franchises and was never going to have the big developers work on stargate games, it was always going to be small developers that were attracted to the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                                There is more mythology in stargate than any other scifi show I know. There's plenty in the franchise that stargate could offer

Comment

Working...
                                X