Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help save Stargate Video games (Worlds and Resistance)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
    I'm all for Stargate games, I'm just not sure if CME should be the one to make them.
    Agreed. I'd rather pay money for someone else to put together a good quality FPS.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

I only support campaigns that have a chance of succeeding. Given the circumstance this one will never work so sorry
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

To be honest this is more about SGR than SGW ... And the main issue behind CME was Gary Whiting and his scheme, which has now been removed.
        Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

as much as we would all love a stargate game, it just wont officially happen.

now if you could find a way to do a huge part of the work for free then MGM might listen to you.

Comment

I've seen really good Stargate mods. It's astounding that a developer can't seem to make a decent Stargate game.

Bungie just got off its Halo high-horse. Maybe a suggestion should be made?
            sigpic
            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Hopefully they can take the money from SGU's cancellation and put it into the video games.

That would really stick it to all the selfish people who don't want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                Hopefully they can take the money from SGU's cancellation and put it into the video games.

That would really stick it to all the selfish people who don't want to help.
                don't even joke about it! SGU is way better than a video game and it hasn't been cancelled yet

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  as much as we would all love a stargate game, it just wont officially happen.

now if you could find a way to do a huge part of the work for free then MGM might listen to you.
                  actually , people are missing this. In the petition we have 4 options we are giving them. 2 of them cost nothing. One is that they release the server info and we host our own servers. Another is that They release the source code and we can mod it and host it.
                  Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    don't even joke about it! SGU is way better than a video game and it hasn't been cancelled yet
                    yes and we don't want anything bad to happen to stargate, we want it to grow! SGU is a good show, and has its great qualities.

Don't think of it as supporting games that may or may not be good. Think of it as supporting the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                      I've seen really good Stargate mods. It's astounding that a developer can't seem to make a decent Stargate game.

Bungie just got off its Halo high-horse. Maybe a suggestion should be made?
                      Honestly, I hope not, seeing as Bungie are Activision's butt monkeys now.

Comment

Speaking from someone who was on the Stargate Worlds forum back in Feb 2006(Look on the member list for proof of thats If I'm still there)

I entirely object to the saving of any game produced by that company.

Basically like everyone else on the forum I signed up to have a chance to play the Beta, they basically strung the community along with falsehoods and promises they couldn't keep.

I started to lose interest in this game and in respect lost interest in the community associated with the game and quite simply gave up.

I do not believe this developer is capable of producing a decent Stargate game in a decent amount of time.

I have nothing against Stargate games being produced, I just don't want to see anything from CME or anyone associated with them. I would rather a company like Cryptic although Star Trek Online is a snoozefest it'd be relatively entertaining if they produced a semi decent Stargate game. They're decent enough developers.

The amount of falsehoods associated with this game is a major turnoff to me.
                        I love Stargate, and everything associated with it, just the way they have acted is disgraceful no wonder they aren't doing very well.

Like others assumed it wouldnt surprise me if they used already developed assets from Worlds and ported it to Resistance, that FPS game lol.

Comment

Honestly, I hope not, seeing as Bungie are Activision's butt monkeys now.
                          Halo is a good game. So is Call of Duty. Get over your petty differences.

Point is, if the folks behind Starcry (Far cry mod for Stargate and other pop-culture Sci-Fi plots) can make a completely professional-looking game, then an actual developer should have no problem.

Yes, there's this whole "licensing" issue, but really people? MGM needs money...any money. I wouldn't put it past them to make a deal with a major developer.
                          sigpic
                          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Yes, there's this whole "licensing" issue, but really people? MGM needs money...any money. I wouldn't put it past them to make a deal with a major developer.
                            You know. Stargate should have a decent FPS developer at the helm. It'd do wonders.
                            Unless the dev has online game experience they should stick with offline FPS games.
                            Just have a rookie SG team save the world + generic story with SG badguys, somehow involve a visit to Atlantis and you have an epic game right there.

Comment

Halo is a good game. So is Call of Duty. Get over your petty differences.
                              Halo was a good game. Call of Duty (1) was a good game.

Today all Activision is interested in is bleeding the consumers dry and re-selling the same thing as often as possible, paired with a consistent series of dick moves (removing dedicated server support for MW2 is a notable one) that shows a complete lack of regard for the audience. It's incredibly sad that Blizzard is now working for these people.

Comment

Halo was a good game. Call of Duty (1) was a good game.

Today all Activision is interested in is bleeding the consumers dry and re-selling the same thing as often as possible, paired with a consistent series of dick moves (removing dedicated server support for MW2 is a notable one) that shows a complete lack of regard for the audience. It's incredibly sad that Blizzard is now working for these people.
                                I thought Blizzard and Activision merged? I see no reason why they would work for them. They've likely made billions off WOW.

Comment

Working...
                                X