Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help save Stargate Video games (Worlds and Resistance)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
    Halo was a good game. Call of Duty (1) was a good game.

Today all Activision is interested in is bleeding the consumers dry and re-selling the same thing as often as possible, paired with a consistent series of dick moves (removing dedicated server support for MW2 is a notable one) that shows a complete lack of regard for the audience. It's incredibly sad that Blizzard is now working for these people.
    Blizzard don't work for Activision they are owned by Activision Blizzard which is the parent company of Activision and Blizzard Entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
      Blizzard don't work for Activision they are owned by Activision Blizzard which is the parent company of Activision and Blizzard Entertainment.
      Same difference.

Vivendi owned Blizzard. Vivendi merged with Activision and Activision's CEO was put in charge of the resulting company.

Comment

Signed the petition, hopefully MGM will reconsider since the game looked promising. I've played the trial a couple of times, the content wasn't great at that moment but they kept improving the game. A new map Leonops, two new character models, Commando and Jaffa and they had some nice updates scheduled like a new maps and Zats. I was waiting for more content to be released before I would have bought the game, but now it's probably too late.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DB10 View Post
          Signed the petition, hopefully MGM will reconsider since the game looked promising. I've played the trial a couple of times, the content wasn't great at that moment but they kept improving the game. A new map Leonops, two new character models, Commando and Jaffa and they had some nice updates scheduled like a new maps and Zats. I was waiting for more content to be released before I would have bought the game, but now it's probably too late.
          I must agree with you. Hopefully like MGM has emerged from Bankruptcy with new hopes and goals. SGR can also come out of this lull with better goals and hopes too! And increase the game over all! Thank you DB10 for signing
          Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
            Same difference.

Vivendi owned Blizzard. Vivendi merged with Activision and Activision's CEO was put in charge of the resulting company.
            Nevertheless Blizzard remains a separate entity with its own management and has continued to put out quality products. And they really don’t work for Activison, they work for Vivendi, Kotick is just a cog in the machine, a cog in the machine who may be replaced, there are rumours on the grapevine that he’s not to popular with the head honcho’s at Vivendi, being a walking PR disaster, and the fact that apart from Call of Duty, the Activison side of things is doing very poorly.

But anyway regardless people are kidding themselves if they think companies like Activison or EA, and developers like Bungie, Bioware and Infinty Ward would be interested in any way in a Stargate game. These companies and developers own their own ip’s like Call of Duty and Mass Effect which are more popular and make more money than Stargate does. It makes no sense for them to have to shell out money to buy the Stargate license to make a game, when they create their own IP and sell millions anyway. It’s like wondering if James Cameron is going to direct and episode of Stargate, and if Leonardo DiCaprio will star on the next stargate series. It’s wishful thinking that isn’t going to happen. If there is any chance of a successful stargate game being made then it will probably have to be done by a much smaller developer, such as one of the East Europeans ones.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              Nevertheless Blizzard remains a separate entity with its own management and has continued to put out quality products. And they really don’t work for Activison, they work for Vivendi, Kotick is just a cog in the machine, a cog in the machine who may be replaced, there are rumours on the grapevine that he’s not to popular with the head honcho’s at Vivendi, being a walking PR disaster, and the fact that apart from Call of Duty, the Activison side of things is doing very poorly.

But anyway regardless people are kidding themselves if they think companies like Activison or EA, and developers like Bungie, Bioware and Infinty Ward would be interested in any way in a Stargate game. These companies and developers own their own ip’s like Call of Duty and Mass Effect which are more popular and make more money than Stargate does. It makes no sense for them to have to shell out money to buy the Stargate license to make a game, when they create their own IP and sell millions anyway. It’s like wondering if James Cameron is going to direct and episode of Stargate, and if Leonardo DiCaprio will star on the next stargate series. It’s wishful thinking that isn’t going to happen. If there is any chance of a successful stargate game being made then it will probably have to be done by a much smaller developer, such as one of the East Europeans ones.
              Please drop this discussion from this thread. Make a separate thread if you wish to continue your discussion about blizzard and activision this is about SGR and SGW and the petition to save them. Thank you.
              Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

FOlks

Let's leave folks alone in here to plan their petition or campaign or such.

You think it's a waste of time, well it's their time to waste, so just leave them be to do it please.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Senel View Post
                  You know. Stargate should have a decent FPS developer at the helm. It'd do wonders.
                  Unless the dev has online game experience they should stick with offline FPS games.
                  Just have a rookie SG team save the world + generic story with SG badguys, somehow involve a visit to Atlantis and you have an epic game right there.
                  It'd do more than wonders, I'll tell you that much (^.^)

Even an Xbox Live Arcade Game would bring money in by the shovel-loads.

I won't be signing the petition to save it though. CME isn't hardy enough to handle the game.
                  sigpic
                  ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    FOlks

Let's leave folks alone in here to plan their petition or campaign or such.

You think it's a waste of time, well it's their time to waste, so just leave them be to do it please.
                    Indeed it is. Thanks for understanding, in a ... unique enough way, but still thanks!

Ok folks we have decided we are going to run this like a telethon! Let's get 200 Signatures by Monday! You heard it 200 signatures! Share on facebook, tweet, text, email, instant message! Whatever, it's up to you to make it happen, we can't do it alone, so get campainging! Woo Hoo!

Facebook petition! Fast and easy! http://bit.ly/e0jbQt
                    Care2 Petition! http://bit.ly/h7Q35i

NOTE: They are both the same petition and update each other instantly, if you don't see your sig right away check back later it will come!

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                      Please drop this discussion from this thread. Make a separate thread if you wish to continue your discussion about blizzard and activision this is about SGR and SGW and the petition to save them. Thank you.
                      Drop discussion about how to make a successful stargate game? Because I take it from your comment that all you did was read the words "Activison" and Blizzard" in the first paragraph and not bother with the entire second half of my post.

But hey, it’s your funeral. I won’t butt in again with any useful ideas (or useless ideas for that matter). Have fun trying to attract attention from massive companies like MGM, EA and Activison with your petition of 200 signatures.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon
                        Charming. Well I'm sorry, it’s just that most fan campaigns have some other tactics or want to plan something else as well as a petition. The thread title did say help save Stargate Video games. And actually I have mentioned a few idea's, both in my previous post and in other threads. I know they're rather more practical and rather less ambitious than, "let’s get Treyarch to make Call of Duty; Stargate" but they were at least workable and more realistic. But anyway, I'll toddle off then. Shall I take my name of the petition too?
                        No, I'm sorry for flipping out. I just was trying to get the idea across that yes, ideas on how to get other games around and such is great, this is an advertisement thread. and I don't wnat people to get lost in it and detract from the main message. If that makes sense.

Comment

Hopefully they can take the money from SGU's cancellation and put it into the video games.

That would really stick it to all the selfish people who don't want to help.
                          Um... what? They would get no money from SGU's cancellation, they'd lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            Um... what? They would get no money from SGU's cancellation, they'd lose it.
                            Ignore them, they never make sense.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                              No, I'm sorry for flipping out. I just was trying to get the idea across that yes, ideas on how to get other games around and such is great, this is an advertisement thread. and I don't wnat people to get lost in it and detract from the main message. If that makes sense.
                              I get that you don't want to derail the thread with stuff like "Activsion sucks, Blizzard sold their souls by working with them" and crap like that. Gaming threads can derail into their own complex worlds. However I think the thread should be allowed to mention possible strategies for creating future stargate games.

Anyway as I mentioned I signed the petition. I'm as about as hopeful as a pig at the slaughterhouse, but it did me no harm and took 2 seconds to sign up. And while I didn't play SGR, as a hardcore gamer I really want some more stargate games. Ending SGR doesn’t help, and the least they could do is release source code or even the server info to let fans keep it running. To do otherwise is to kick paying customers ,who supported them, in the teeth. And as a gamer, knowing what *******s companies can be towards fans of their games, especially when the companies are going down the drain, I feel the signing a petition is the least I can do.

Hopefully they can take the money from SGU's cancellation and put it into the video games.

That would really stick it to all the selfish people who don't want to help.
                              Without wanting to derail the thread I just want to point out that is not only not helpful, but also not how funding gaming projects works. For licensed games game developers will buy the rights to create a game from the franchise and then use their budget to develop a game. And then possibly give a further portion of the profits back to the licence holders. Funding from the license holders often tends to be minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                                I get that you don't want to derail the thread with stuff like "Activsion sucks, Blizzard sold their souls by working with them" and crap like that. Gaming threads can derail into their own complex worlds. However I think the thread should be allowed to mention possible strategies for creating future stargate games.

Anyway as I mentioned I signed the petition. I'm as about as hopeful as a pig at the slaughterhouse, but it did me no harm and took 2 seconds to sign up. And while I didn't play SGR, as a hardcore gamer I really want some more stargate games. Ending SGR doesn’t help, and the least they could do is release source code or even the server info to let fans keep it running. To do otherwise is to kick paying customers ,who supported them, in the teeth. And as a gamer, knowing what *******s companies can be towards fans of their games, especially when the companies are going down the drain, I feel the signing a petition is the least I can do.

Without wanting to derail the thread I just want to point out that is not only not helpful, but also not how funding gaming projects works. For licensed games game developers will buy the rights to create a game from the franchise and then use their budget to develop a game. And then possibly give a further portion of the profits back to the licence holders. Funding from the license holders often tends to be minimal.
                                Thanks a lot for your support and understand. Like you said, it didn't take long, but ending SGR is only damaging, and it hurts us fans who paid.

That being said. WE HAVE A NEW WEBSITE! Check us out at http://savestargate.org (http://savestargate.com/ works too)

Comment

Working...
                                X