This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feli
    Did he sniff her hair or not has been an ongoing debate among Stargate fans since the season 3 ep Into the Fire. Similar to the old blue vs green discussion on the old delphi forum. Don't take it too seriously, it's just a great way to wind up certain people; which is why I nearly fell of the couch when I heard a 'sniffing' reference on the audio commentary.
    Ah, the great blue V Green debate....those were the days....

I'll have to listen to the Chimera commentary again, I can't believe I missed that comment!!!

Comment

Maybe she was wearing perfume or something. Sam's feeling a little girly because of Pete, who knows? Guys can be quirky about that sometimes. I am a shipper, but I don't necessarily see sniffing as shippy. More like Jack's way of mocking Sam because of the "guy" who his sixth sense is detecting.

Comment

I went back and watched Chimera again and really if Feli hadn't mentioned the commentary I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but keeping the commentary in mind you can see where he does kind of sniff her hair as she leans past him to push the elevator button. I love it, that's classic!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
          I went back and watched Chimera again and really if Feli hadn't mentioned the commentary I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but keeping the commentary in mind you can see where he does kind of sniff her hair as she leans past him to push the elevator button. I love it, that's classic!
          Once you've noticed it it's difficult not to interprete it as sniffing, isn't it?

And to whoever discussed it, I personally don't care whether sniffing can be interpreted as shippy or not - to me this scene is just one more of RDA's quirks on film and I'd love to know why he made that move.

Comment

i don't know if anyone said this but maybe he was sniffing to see if she smelled like Pete's cologne? anyway, i think it's cute, whatever it was!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
            Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jules-
              i don't know if anyone said this but maybe he was sniffing to see if she smelled like Pete's cologne? anyway, i think it's cute, whatever it was!

Wait. How does Jack know what Pete's cologne smells like? Is there something going on between the two of them that we don't know of? Maybe he was getting jealous of Sam
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                Wait. How does Jack know what Pete's cologne smells like? Is there something going on between the two of them that we don't know of? Maybe he was getting jealous of Sam
                LOL. I can see it now. And in a sudden plost twist Pete dumps Sam and elopes with Jack.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Previously on SoapGate SG-1

*Sam sees Pete holding a ring*
                  Pete: I have something to ask you Sam.
                  Sam: What is it Pete?
                  Pete: I was wondering if you think... Jack would like this ring and marry me?

^^

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                    I've finally had the chance to listen to the audio commentary for Chimera and almost couldn't believe my ears when the director said: "Look, he's sniffing her."
                    And indeed, at the beginning of the long elevator scene Jack leans forward and sniffs Sam.

Okay, so it's five years after the original scene that caused our lovely debates but isn't it nice that we've finally got proof?
                    Couldn't resist making this for you...

Token ~

Comment

maybe she changed her shampoo..because she's worth it!
                      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

JACK DID NOT SNIFF SAM

not in Chimera nor in Out of Mind

In the first instance, he wouldn't because he's her CO, they were on duty, and he's not that unprofessional.
                        In the second instance, he was too buy trying to save both their lives to suddenly divert into 'ooooh that's a lovely fragrence'.

HOWEVER

I can willingly believe that Richard Dean Anderson did sniff Amanda Tapping in both instances. For RDA there was no life and death situation, he was just acting, and from what I've heard that's the sort of thing he's likely to do, ditto in Chimera. And that's what the Director was referring to.

So there, Feli, na na na naaa na pffffffft.
                        sigpic

Comment

I remember that being said in the commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                            JACK DID NOT SNIFF SAM

In the first instance, he wouldn't because he's her CO, they were on duty, and he's not that unprofessional.
                            In the second instance, he was too buy trying to save both their lives to suddenly divert into 'ooooh that's a lovely fragrence'.
                            No life-and-death situation in "Chimera", though. But I don't really get it either.

Thanks a lot to Token for putting it up for all of us to see!!

Comment

He didn't sniff her in Out of Mind. Fact, and I'll glare sternly at anyone who says otherwise.

In Chimera It's hard to tell*. Assuming he did sniff, he didn't have the "mmm, bisto" look, or the "she's wearing Impulse, better nip out for a bunch of flowers" look; so I'm guessing she had just been fixing her bike and had that engine oil aroma

*Largely cos I can't be bothered to watch it.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                                JACK DID NOT SNIFF SAM

HOWEVER

I can willingly believe that Richard Dean Anderson did sniff Amanda Tapping in both instances. For RDA there was no life and death situation, he was just acting, and from what I've heard that's the sort of thing he's likely to do, ditto in Chimera. And that's what the Director was referring to.

So there, Feli, na na na naaa na pffffffft.
                                I will agree with you here. I can't imagine the script saying "O'Neill: {lean in to sniff Carter}." But I also believe it is one of the many RDA quirks that make Stargate enjoyable for me and give us endless debates of fun.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X