Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Hiveships/Wraith.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
    the 2500 meters length of the wraith cruiser is also canon. i'd say the consensus is more important than canon here
    How is it canon?
    Even the 11 km length isn't canon, really. It's just assumed to be a reliable figure, but there's just about as many 5 km figures as well found in the show. It seems that there's been confusion between teams based on the old chart (featuring a boxy sort of hive ship), who didn't know between feet and meters.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      How is it canon?
      it is mgm licensed and thus canon just like the novels.
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

i'm not sure, but Novels and magazines are not considered canon here. mostly because the Novels have no impact on the TV show verse, nor do the Magazines contain anything useful. mostly it's some random specs with some nice-sounding technobabble that makes no sense.

so no, the general consensus : the only things canon are SG1, SGa and SGu tv shows

Comment

you just said that official canon overrides fan consensus
          i agree that they shouldnt be canon but the novel authors say on their site that its canon and theyre licensed by mgm. ergo its canon
          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

no.

i said that dialogue in the series overrules fan's length calculations. yes they got it wrong themselves. but a hive was said to be 11km and thus is.

i've seen a page from the magazine some time ago, stated the Oddy had defector shields, and what not, and i could only puke from the amount of crap in there.

also, novels have no impact on the TV show universe whatsoever, so obviously i don't see that as canon.

"you blew up a solar system"

"only 5/6th"

"and you went through a giant quantum mirror!"

"huh? i did? "

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              no.

i said that dialogue in the series overrules fan's length calculations. yes they got it wrong themselves. but a hive was said to be 11km and thus is.

i've seen a page from the magazine some time ago, stated the Oddy had defector shields, and what not, and i could only puke from the amount of crap in there.

also, novels have no impact on the TV show universe whatsoever, so obviously i don't see that as canon.
              canon > common sense. you cannot selectively choose your canon no matter how unreasonable it is. if it is licensed by mgm, it is canon, period. the only way it can be overriden is if the show explicitly contradicts it
              R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                canon > common sense. you cannot selectively choose your canon no matter how unreasonable it is. if it is licensed by mgm, it is canon, period. the only way it can be overriden is if the show explicitly contradicts it
                Technically, no. The only things that are canon are the things written by TPTB, unless stated otherwise by TPTB. This applies in all shows.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

ah
                  R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Yes, the highest canon is the show, and associated TV movies. Therefore the people who define what is canon are handling the shows. Their final scripts are canon, their episodes are and movies. What they openly said to treat as canon were the worlds of that Stargate MMO. The rest is pretty much not considered canon, even if it may be thought or had been thought to be by the people responsible of it like novels and dated RPG stuff.
                    Now is taking the production note from artists or else right to define canon? Not really, but then consider this an acceptable source for an inferior canon for SG "scholars" if you want, something which has more chances to be correct and fit with the show. So taking the 11 km example, there's good reasons to accept it, especially since it has been verified a couple of times in episodes, although sizes are non consistent.
                    But again it's nothing absolutely firm either. Still, as the VFX teams do in fact use some charts at times, it's quite a good thing to pay attention to what they say.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

does anyone have scans of the magazines about the Deadalus and such, their tech files? i can distinctly remember them but not find them

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        does anyone have scans of the magazines about the Deadalus and such, their tech files? i can distinctly remember them but not find them
                        Not a magazine, but this used to be on MGM's site: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/File:..._Schematic.jpg
                        + others.
                        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

[1]
                          [2]
                          [3]
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

thank you.

let me begin sum up the inconsistencies and idiocies:

"Railguns are naquahdah-powered energy-beam cannons"

EPIC FAIL. a railgun is NOT a RAYgun. a railgun is a linear magnetic accellerator, which uses lorentz force to shoot projectiles.

furthermore, it constantly talks about how it has energy weapons when we never had any aside from the one the asgard gave us.

mmm.

where are the ones of the Odyssey. cause that one had "advanced deflector shields" even though all shields are always absorber shields

Comment

i already agreed it wasnt canon, previously i was led to believe that it was canon because it was mgm-licensed
                              R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

and the model they used in thos meg pictures is way off what swith the uber amount of missle silos lol theres only 2 rows.... not 3 like the meg pic has lol

Comment

Working...
                                X