Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, you can dial the gate but how do you know the address unless you happen to know exactly what system Atlantis is in at precisely that moment?

Additionally, if they are in a system that's uncharted how would one relay that address? Wouldn't the system need to perform an update to assign the gate a new address and then how would anyone know what that address is?

Does the gate system automatically update the gates and DHDs as a gate moves from system to system or would you need to dial out in order for the system to make record of the location and add the coordinates to its record?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yes, you would have to know exactly where Atlantis is at that exact time.

Yes, the system normally does that during coorelative updates, what I said in my previous post was that you would need to do a manual coorelative update, which would be a tiny bit difficult. in the amount of time that you would have.

Yes, the gate will automatically update them at the time of activation in a new location, as well as during the coorelative updates.

However it seems logical that the Ancients would not try to contact Atlantis using this method it would be easier to use long range comunication devices. It also seems logical that they would not try to contact Atlantis during transit using the Stargate, simply because they would be aware that Atlantis was travelling.

Owen Macri

Comment

If an Ancient really wanted to get on Atlantis whilst it was in transit, i'm sure they would use the long-range phone to call them... and ask them to stop and wait until they had dialled that position and gated in.

No need for split-second precision timing

I can just seem an awkward situation where an overweight Ancient calls Atlantis saying "hey guys... um i think you left without me"

And on Atlantis, one Ancient whacks another on the head for forgetting to turn off the long range communicator

Comment

Originally posted by YodaMate
          I can just seem an awkward situation where an overweight Ancient calls Atlantis saying "hey guys... um i think you left without me"
          LOL

But honestly, an overweight ancient.. blasphemy! Even if they got fat they could probably zap it out.. hi-tech liposuction.

besides, in Hot Zone, some of those corridors seemed a little narrow. No bubble shaped acients would be strolling through those.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yes, it's always funny to stereotype overweight people as lazy, stupid, and comical. Your "joke" is, frankly, offensive and demoralizing. Personally, I know more thin people who exhibit those qualities, and many overweight people who are the most competant and hard-working people I've ever met.

I'd say more, but I don't want to violate GateWorld Forum rules.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Whoa, a little agressive... Back on topic...

If an Ancient really wanted to get on Atlantis whilst it was in transit, i'm sure they would use the long-range phone to call them... and ask them to stop and wait until they had dialled that position and gated in.

No need for split-second precision timing

And on Atlantis, one Ancient whacks another on the head for forgetting to turn off the long range communicator
              Yes, I agree with you, if someone really needed to board Atlantis while it was in transit, they contact them and ask them to stop. There is no need to have to program everything precisley when you can take your own sweet time...

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                Yes, it's always funny to stereotype overweight people as lazy, stupid, and comical. Your "joke" is, frankly, offensive and demoralizing. Personally, I know more thin people who exhibit those qualities, and many overweight people who are the most competant and hard-working people I've ever met.

I'd say more, but I don't want to violate GateWorld Forum rules.
                Hey, chill out dude, im fat and i thought it was funny

Comment

Before we start arguing about who is fat and who is funny and etctera maybe we should change the subject so that we don't all start attacking eachother with really big knives and possibly P90s. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                    Before we start arguing about who is fat and who is funny and etctera maybe we should change the subject so that we don't all start attacking eachother with really big knives and possibly P90s. lol.

Owen Macri
                    p90 nooooooooooooooooo, i prefer an M-4

Comment

Really, I preffer the P90, I think it is the coolest weapon ever made! But to each his/her own.

Owen Macri

Comment

Really, I preffer the P90, I think it is the coolest weapon ever made! But to each his/her own.

Owen Macri
                        yeah yeah the P90 shoots full auto, and faster but the M-4 uses rifle rounds which means it has more stopping power after all it is the special forces version of the m-16 and the m-16 has to be good to have lasted for 30 years(well almost 40 now) i will be sad to see it replaced by the XM-8

any how what were we talking about? o yes dialing Atlantis when it is in space

Comment

Owen Macri
                          Also it's nothing personal but i hate it when people use the his/her or he/she thing, it's not correct, it is always he or his etc unless otherwise known

Comment

I appoligize I knew that little tidbit, I just didn't want to offend anyone, lol, that backfired!

Owen Macri

Comment

I appoligize I knew that little tidbit, I just didn't want to offend anyone, lol, that backfired!

Owen Macri
                              yeah it did lol

Comment

Lol how about I repost?

Originally posted by Owen Macri (Repost)
                                Really, I preffer the P90, I think it is the coolest weapon ever made! But to each his own.

Owen Macri
                                How about that???

lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X