Atlantis Extinction revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SILLYFAN View Post
    McKay is always nervous about land the city on dry land. i think on first strike its mentioned when talking about the new planet choosed. i don't think it was nervous just because Atlantis looks better on water.
    Asura was stationed on water on the Asuran world. probably created by the replicators BEFORE doing the city.

the rouge replicators that made the copies of Sheppard team and Elizabeth Weir, also the city was in the middle of an ocean.

the bottom of the city its the center as a base and the rest of the 6 extremes are more up with supports on angle. i don't think that was made to land on dry land. it would be like trying to land a goa`uld mother ship with pyramid shape placing the top tip on the land and spect the whole ship be supported without moving or destroy the ship on the process.
    Need more info than that. In The Tower...Atlantis' sister city is discovered. Where is it discovered? OMG! Its discovered ON LAND!
    sigpic

Comment

WRONG.
      Atlantis was done on earth. it was on the outpost. probably was done first the center to support all the weight, then the other parts, then was launched. it was not done in another place then landed on the Antarctica. so still the same probably its not possible to land the city on dry land. maybe if a special structure was placed like the outpost where was done (that apparently fit under Atlantis main tower?)
      How am I wrong when all you can offer is conjecture?

Comment

Atlantis was not made to land on planet surfaces. only on water. that would destroy the city. the moon idea its stupid. since programs like Google earth show us pictures of the moon updated. so in the Stargate universe would look really weird to see a city in the middle of the moon.
        Actually, this isn't true. Atlantis was on the bottom of the ocean on Lantea for 10,000 years. That means it was on a solid surface for all those years, even though it was underwater. With the proper control of its descent, it could possibly have landed on solid ground. Nobody ever said it could not land solid ground. And if you watched "First Strike" you will recall that the city was sunk to the bottom (meaning solid ground) of the ocean before it took off from the planet. Sure it had it's shield around it so nobody would drown, but it still went straight to the bottom and sat there until it was decided to leave the planet. The shield would also more than likely protect it when landing on solid ground, and then the shield could be lowered. How do you explain the sister city in "The Tower" being on solid ground if land on the ground wasn't possible?

Also, given enough power, the could have both the shield and the invisibility cloak around the city, so there would be no need to cover it with rocks or anything of the sort. The problem is finding another ZPM or two or three to allow both the cloak and shield to operate.

If it were on the moon, it's easy enough to land the city on the far side of the moon, which we never see from earth anyway, so it won't be detected there.

I can't figure out how you could have watched the series and come away with the conclusions you have come up with.

plus the city needs air and water. Atlantis was made to sustain a small trip from earth to Lanita at full speed. a longer period its not possible unless the sga team discovers how to live without air or water. they must make the same grab system that the ancients did on Lanita and submerge Atlantis with the shield. and cover the city with rocks (with the shield on) so if anyone goes that deep or the Google feature to watch underwater its not able to be detected. and of course put it on a restricted water area or the Antarctica.
        While I don't know about getting an air supply to the city, they can while on earth, extract drinking water from the ocean. In a Season 1 episode, Pete Grodin commented on the city's system of doing exactly that and that it was was operating and so they would have sufficient water for all sorts of things.

WRONG.
        Atlantis was done on earth. it was on the outpost. probably was done first the center to support all the weight, then the other parts, then was launched. it was not done in another place then landed on the Antarctica. so still the same probably its not possible to land the city on dry land. maybe if a special structure was placed like the outpost where was done (that apparently fit under Atlantis main tower?)
        Where are you getting this information? Are you just guessing? Or is there a source you can provide a link to?

Originally Posted by SILLYFAN
        McKay is always nervous about land the city on dry land. i think on first strike its mentioned when talking about the new planet choosed. i don't think it was nervous just because Atlantis looks better on water.
        McKay was nervous about landing on the new planet because they were coming in too fast, and he was worried about the impact they would make on water, which if they were going too fast would likely cause damage or destroy the city. Also, McKay worries about everything, whether it's justified or not.

5: it does not matter how much teyla and ronon whine about taking the ancestors city back to Pegasus, probably they will be dump on Pegasus if they keep bugging the sga team.
        Teyla and Ronon never made any complaints about whether to take the city back to Pegasus. They went willingly with Atlantis back to earth, and that was the end of it. We never heard anything about their thoughts on staying on earth.
        Last edited by hedwig; 20 July 2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Actually, this isn't true. Atlantis was on the bottom of the ocean on Lantea for 10,000 years. That means it was on a solid surface for all those years, even though it was underwater. With the proper control of its descent, it could possibly have landed on solid ground. Nobody ever said it could not land solid ground. And if you watched "First Strike" you will recall that the city was sunk to the bottom (meaning solid ground) of the ocean before it took off from the planet. Sure it had it's shield around it so nobody would drown, but it still went straight to the bottom and sat there until it was decided to leave the planet. The shield would also more than likely protect it when landing on solid ground, and then the shield could be lowered. How do you explain the sister city in "The Tower" being on solid ground if land on the ground wasn't possible?

Also, given enough power, the could have both the shield and the invisibility cloak around the city, so there would be no need to cover it with rocks or anything of the sort. The problem is finding another ZPM or two or three to allow both the cloak and shield to operate.

If it were on the moon, it's easy enough to land the city on the far side of the moon, which we never see from earth anyway, so it won't be detected there.

I can't figure out how you could have watched the series and come away with the conclusions you have come up with.

While I don't know about getting an air supply to the city, they can while on earth, extract drinking water from the ocean. In a Season 1 episode, Pete Grodin commented on the city's system of doing exactly that and that it was was operating and so they would have sufficient water for all sorts of things.

Where are you getting this information? Are you just guessing? Or is there a source you can provide a link to?

McKay was nervous about landing on the new planet because they were coming in too fast, and he was worried about the impact they would make on water, which if they were going too fast would likely cause damage or destroy the city. Also, McKay worries about everything, whether it's justified or not.

Teyla and Ronon never made any complaints about whether to take the city back to Pegasus. They went willingly with Atlantis back to earth, and that was the end of it. We never heard anything about their thoughts on staying on earth.

first, we know ancients did the city to scape from the decease send in by the ori. that was said several times on sg1.
          second, i am not saying the city cannot touch land as if i where saying if the base of the city touches ground its going to explode.
          its not like landing an helicopter. the city its too big and its too difficult to slow it down the necessary so they can land it on the surface of the planet since it would crash, in the water it does not really matter since the impact gets dampened and in the worst case the city will sink a little into the ocean then it will pop out again.

third, in the episode of the tower, McKay mentions that the most likely case that this city was landed on water, then the continent was created around since the shield probably protected it (probably from lava coming out from the bottom of the planet making the continent) when the ZPM was depleted the shield collapsed and the city was covered by the nature. this probably was a rogue replicator Asura city, since we know only Atlantis was made by ancients.

and now you are making stuff up we can say, McKay explained there can be just 1 type of shield. not for energy requirements because the shield emitters can only do one kind of shield at the same time: or shield or cloak. NOT both. that said by McKay.
          and what i mean that Atlantis cannot be on dry land, i will be more explicit:
          it cannot land on a hard surface. the city goes too fast and even with the shield even expanded below the city a tiny bit, the huge shake could be like an earthquake for the city and collapse the buildings or make it fall on a side demolishing half of the city.
          yes thats my theory based on the shape that the bottom of Atlantis has.

Comment

Can you cite episodes to backup your argument? I'm very familiar with the show, and a lot of what you say... I just don't remember from any episodes.

Comment

well, its hard for me to remember since i watch sg1 and sga episodes when they where aired and sometimes also repeated. i just got on my pc my favorite ones. so its hard to pin point stuff i watched years ago.
              but here i go:
              McKay says that there can be the shield or the cloak not both because the shield emitters can only do one kind that was the first time the cloak was used. probably around the last 5 episodes from season 1 on sga of course.

what i said of the tower being on water until it was dry out and the continent got created around in the episode "the tower".

the issue of landing on water not dry land was addressed by Elizabeth Weir on first strike and mentioned trough all the seasons. i remember clearly on first strike that Elizabeth said that McKay was nervous to land the city on the surface of a planet. thats what i clearly remember (i got first strike on my pc ).

about the decease from the ori from the episode that the ancient was found frozen on the Antarctica with the crazy decease was mentioned until the Atlantis matter calm down on sg1 and the ori was the hot topic.

in the first episode "rising" you can see the city taking off from Antarctica (with ice but thats producers and writers problem not mine) and in a short shot the city looks that it takes flight and under the main tower was the Antarctica ancient outpost. probably used to sustain the main tower and base while it was being build. some sort of outpost/main foundation i guess. and my theory its the shape that has was not meant to be land on a surface. look for pictures on line of the atlantis base and you will see what i am talking about. i will try to add some.

and something that has said several times and apparently everyone forgot about it:
              the city when it was underwater for 10.000 years was NOT because it was "landed" there. the lanteans placed a mechanism that grab the city in place. in a resume Atlantis was supported with handles to the ocean floor.
              were as tongs grasping each end of the city, and I assume, also grabbed the main tower's base that is deeper rather than the 6 points.

without that mechanism, the city would go down stay a few seconds or minutes and slowly would go up like a cork placed on the bottom of a pool.

here one shot from first strike, as you can see, only the main tower would touch the ground, leaving the 6 extremes of the city on the mid air if it landed on the surface of a planet.
              plus as you can see, the shield does not cover all the city, where the star drive and angines are placer are outside, probably to make the city move faster.

normal_atl_320_1339.JPG
              Last edited by SILLYFAN; 20 July 2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

well, its hard for me to remember since i watch sg1 and sga episodes when they where aired and sometimes also repeated. i just got on my pc my favorite ones. so its hard to pin point stuff i watched years ago.
                Perhaps you should go back and rewatch so you can refresh your memory. Some of us have much clearer memories of episodes than you do.

the issue of landing on water not dry land was addressed by Elizabeth Weir on first strike and mentioned trough all the seasons. i remember clearly on first strike that Elizabeth said that McKay was nervous to land the city on the surface of a planet. thats what i clearly remember (i got first strike on my pc ).
                "First Strike" was the last episode of Season 3. And just because Elizabeth said McKay was nervous about something doesn't make what he's nervous about a fact. McKay is nervous about pretty much everything. She didn't say that McKay said landing on a solid surface was impossible; she just said he was nervous about it - there's a big difference.

about the decease from the ori from the episode that the ancient was found frozen on the Antarctica with the crazy decease was mentioned until the Atlantis matter calm down on sg1 and the ori was the hot topic.
                I don't understand what you are talking about here. The Ori did not show up in the series until Season 9 of SG1, and they were apparently not present in the Milky Way Galaxy until we alerted them to our presence in it. The ancient found frozen in Antarctica was Aiyana in Season 6, SG1, "Frozen", and Janet determined that she had been there for nearly 3 million years (IIRC).

in the first episode "rising" you can see the city taking off from Antarctica (with ice but thats producers and writers problem not mine) and in a short shot the city looks that it takes flight and under the main tower was the Antarctica ancient outpost. probably used to sustain the main tower and base while it was being build. some sort of outpost/main foundation i guess. and my theory its the shape that has was not meant to be land on a surface. look for pictures on line of the atlantis base and you will see what i am talking about. i will try to add some.
                Your words in bold "my theory". It sounds like you are stating all of this as though it is fact, when actually it is no more than a theory you have come up with. You use a lot of "looks like", "I guess", "my theory". There are other theories as well, but none that are fact.

and something that has said several times and apparently everyone forgot about it:
                the city when it was underwater for 10.000 years was NOT because it was "landed" there. the lanteans placed a mechanism that grab the city in place. in a resume Atlantis was supported with handles to the ocean floor.
                were as tongs grasping each end of the city, and I assume, also grabbed the main tower's base that is deeper rather than the 6 points.
                Where do you get this notion? When the city was submerged in "First Strike" there was no indication of any mechanism that grabbed the city when it reached the bottom. And again, you say "I assume", so you don't know any of this for sure.

without that mechanism, the city would go down stay a few seconds or minutes and slowly would go up like a cork placed on the bottom of a pool.
                Unlikely.

here one shot from first strike, as you can see, only the main tower would touch the ground, leaving the 6 extremes of the city on the mid air if it landed on the surface of a planet.
                plus as you can see, the shield does not cover all the city, where the star drive and angines are placer are outside, probably to make the city move faster.
                ?????

Comment

and now you are making stuff up we can say, McKay explained there can be just 1 type of shield. not for energy requirements because the shield emitters can only do one kind of shield at the same time: or shield or cloak. NOT both. that said by McKay.
                  Please explain what stuff is being made up.

and what i mean that Atlantis cannot be on dry land, i will be more explicit:
                  it cannot land on a hard surface. the city goes too fast and even with the shield even expanded below the city a tiny bit, the huge shake could be like an earthquake for the city and collapse the buildings or make it fall on a side demolishing half of the city.
                  yes thats my theory based on the shape that the bottom of Atlantis has.
                  Again, these are theories of yours. You have provided nothing to support your theories.

Comment

ok im done with this thread. everything i type its over analyzed until it loses its original sense.
                    the only thing i will reply is that the Atlantis shield emitters can only do one kind of shield at a time. or defensive shield or cloaking not both. and its not because energy was required.

true the ori are not mentioned when the frozen ancient with the decease was found. was mentioned that powerful enemies that where the rivals of the ancients send a plague to this galaxy. the ori. was mentioned by Daniel Jackson i think not sure but after the ori where found.

the ascended beings know everything that was, is and its going to be about everything. sure what people do changes every second. more if they interfere. the ori probably send the plague the remaining ancients departure to Pegasus and millions of years passed by. the ori think-ed that the Alterans was dead and thats why they did not pay attention to the milky way anymore. then the Lanteans returned and humans where present there.

thats it. if you want to see episodes to probe me wrong watch all the episodes from all the seasons of sg1 and sga and pay a lot attention to everything said done and show.

Comment

Woo-hoo!
                      sigpic

Comment

the ascended beings know everything that was, is and its going to be about everything. sure what people do changes every second. more if they interfere. the ori probably send the plague the remaining ancients departure to Pegasus and millions of years passed by.
                        Ascension does NOT make you all knowing or all powerful.

Comment

the ascended beings know everything that was, is and its going to be about everything.
                          Actually, the don't. Well, maybe they know what happened in the past, but they don't know what will happen in the future, as that has not happened yet, and given their highest law of non-interference, they know that with free will anything can happen, and they can't possibly know what that will be.

Comment

i was refering mainly to knoloedge. they know everything that was is and will ever be (all about science, tech etc)
                            also they must know what happened in the past, since the destiny was abandoned. they find the answer to their questions with the ascension.
                            and they know everything. remember when daniel jackson ascended again the 2 time, when he meet anubis. they have a paperwork, the news more likely and got to see everything that was happening and was about to happen. (probably a 99% guess for the free will etc) and remember that daniel jackson knew where the stupid Ra weapon was hidden on abydos.

also anubis needed to find tech around the milky way to be able to use all the knoloedge gained from ascension. in other words he could do anything with science and tech, but needed to discover it step by step as he would have done as goa`uld.

Comment

i was refering mainly to knoloedge. they know everything that was is and will ever be (all about science, tech etc)
                              also they must know what happened in the past, since the destiny was abandoned. they find the answer to their questions with the ascension.
                              and they know everything. remember when daniel jackson ascended again the 2 time, when he meet anubis. they have a paperwork, the news more likely and got to see everything that was happening and was about to happen. (probably a 99% guess for the free will etc) and remember that daniel jackson knew where the stupid Ra weapon was hidden on abydos.

also anubis needed to find tech around the milky way to be able to use all the knoloedge gained from ascension. in other words he could do anything with science and tech, but needed to discover it step by step as he would have done as goa`uld.
                              Not ONE of those example indicates that they know EVERYTHING, just that they know a lot.

Comment

Reckoning part 2.
                                when the replicator carter unlocks the ascended knowledge of Daniel Jackson unconscious and starts to extract it, she gets overloaded and gives the opportunity to Daniel Jackson to take control of the replicators and force them to pause, when he says to her that its too much knowledge, since its infinite, she does not say anything, and then she lets him know that she can store infinite knowledge because as the same time she gets the info, more planets as earth are overtaken and more replicators are created in no time to store data.
                                Last edited by SILLYFAN; 21 July 2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X