Atlantis Extinction revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis its stuck on earth because:
    1: there is no sufficient energy to travel.
    2: the city its trashed as Sheppard mentioned at the end of enemy at the gate, and could take centuries to earth people understand how the city works and fix it. the only way would be create a FRAN replicator with the entirely Atlantis database downloaded and ask her politely to fix the city. earth would not do that never.

3: Atlantis cannot take flight without alerting the whole earth population about the Stargate program and of course Atlantis since they cannot fly with cloak since there is no shield and there is no atmosphere entering the space.
    4:earth official retreat from Pegasus when the Sheppard team was kidnapped and threatened with them being dump on a planet then take the Stargate and the DHD. after that all against the wraith just stopped if you think about it.

5: it does not matter how much teyla and ronon whine about taking the ancestors city back to Pegasus, probably they will be dump on Pegasus if they keep bugging the sga team.

6: if they take Atlantis out of earth, now with the chair destroyed, there would be no defenses at all. so th IOA or AOI or whatever its spelled it would not allow it never.

Comment

The bottom line is, leave the city on Earth. Move it out to the middle of the Pacific Ocean or back to Antarctica, but leave it on Earth.

Comment

I actually like the dark side of the moon idea, it would probably take less power to keep the shield up in space than it would to keep the cloak up indefinitely, and there's no chance of anyone finding it by accident there. It's the reason for going back to Pegasus that I hate, I'd rather the team just came up with a way to defeat the Wraith on Earth, the IOA denies them, then they just go rogue and steal it to fulfil their obligation (as they see it) to the people of Pegasus.

Comment

Atlantis was not made to land on planet surfaces. only on water. that would destroy the city. the moon idea its stupid. since programs like Google earth show us pictures of the moon updated. so in the Stargate universe would look really weird to see a city in the middle of the moon.

plus the city needs air and water. Atlantis was made to sustain a small trip from earth to Lanita at full speed. a longer period its not possible unless the sga team discovers how to live without air or water. they must make the same grab system that the ancients did on Lanita and submerge Atlantis with the shield. and cover the city with rocks (with the shield on) so if anyone goes that deep or the Google feature to watch underwater its not able to be detected. and of course put it on a restricted water area or the Antarctica.

Comment

Originally posted by SILLYFAN View Post
            Atlantis was not made to land on planet surfaces. only on water. that would destroy the city. the moon idea its stupid. since programs like Google earth show us pictures of the moon updated. so in the Stargate universe would look really weird to see a city in the middle of the moon.

plus the city needs air and water. Atlantis was made to sustain a small trip from earth to Lanita at full speed. a longer period its not possible unless the sga team discovers how to live without air or water. they must make the same grab system that the ancients did on Lanita and submerge Atlantis with the shield. and cover the city with rocks (with the shield on) so if anyone goes that deep or the Google feature to watch underwater its not able to be detected. and of course put it on a restricted water area or the Antarctica.
            Where, praytell, are you getting this information from? If the city isn't flying through space...then the power can be used to power the shield. And if you remember, they found the city on the bottom of the ocean...where it had been for thousands of years. Last time I checked...the bottom of an ocean is part of the surface of said planet submerged under water. So, why could it not be on the surface of the moon?
            Last edited by LtColCarter; 20 July 2011, 04:11 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

probably Atlantis has some sort of converter water=to=air or the grab mechanism had some sort or pipes on the main land to take air and take it to the city. since atlantis cannot just create clean air and water. the filtering systems has its limit. (the life support we can say).

and its not the same go really slow to the bottom of an ocean and be grab with the grab mechanism and stay there over than fly from earth to the moon and land on the moon witch the city will go with a lot of force probably squashing herself when touching the hard surface of the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                No you've nitpicked because you can't handle it. You can't change it so why bother complaining so much. You can expect as much as you want but never EVER EVER will your complaints change a THING!
                So what? If we don't complain, if we don't have a line to cross, it's the equivalent of not thinking for ourselves at all. The point of an episode or movie should be thinking, not having people shell out money to satisfy short attention spans.

When you tell someone the expect quality out of any kind of art that has become commercialized, you are essentially saying 'yes, more bull**** please' and you waive your right to expect quality of any kind. If you don't push shows to put in minimal efforts of common sense and intrigue, you have no right to expect anything to blow you away since you just teach producers you'll settle for crap.
                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999% correct!

Comment

Hows about land it on Mars! Insta mars base!

Comment

probably Atlantis has some sort of converter water=to=air or the grab mechanism had some sort or pipes on the main land to take air and take it to the city. since atlantis cannot just create clean air and water. the filtering systems has its limit. (the life support we can say).

and its not the same go really slow to the bottom of an ocean and be grab with the grab mechanism and stay there over than fly from earth to the moon and land on the moon witch the city will go with a lot of force probably squashing herself when touching the hard surface of the moon.
                      I would really like to know which orifice you've pulled your information from...

As for landing on the moon...I don't see it any different than coming to rest on the bottom of the ocean.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Hows about land it on Mars! Insta mars base!
                      Now that's an idea...but I'm sure someone will make negative comments about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

first, its easy. its not the same to park a car on an empty parking lot going to 400 kilometers per hour than park a car going like 1 kilometer per hour. thats the difference between Atlantis when was on the Lanita ocean and went slowly down to the grab mechanism. its not the same land on a hard surface (not water) since the city could be destroyed because it goes too fast and there is no water to absorb the impact, as a dampener we can say.

mars unless it has an ocean its discarted. unless it does not have a big mass of water so Atlantis can land then its not possible to land there.

Comment

first, its easy. its not the same to park a car on an empty parking lot going to 400 kilometers per hour than park a car going like 1 kilometer per hour. thats the difference between Atlantis when was on the Lanita ocean and went slowly down to the grab mechanism. its not the same land on a hard surface (not water) since the city could be destroyed because it goes too fast and there is no water to absorb the impact, as a dampener we can say.

mars unless it has an ocean its discarted. unless it does not have a big mass of water so Atlantis can land then its not possible to land there.
                          Again...where is the source of your information? I've seen only conjecture on your part. Until then...land it on the moon or mars!

And when you find a car that goes 400 kph...let me know...I'd like to see it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Again...where is the source of your information? I've seen only conjecture on your part. Until then...land it on the moon or mars!

And when you find a car that goes 400 kph...let me know...I'd like to see it.
                            McKay is always nervous about land the city on dry land. i think on first strike its mentioned when talking about the new planet choosed. i don't think it was nervous just because Atlantis looks better on water.
                            Asura was stationed on water on the Asuran world. probably created by the replicators BEFORE doing the city.

the rouge replicators that made the copies of Sheppard team and Elizabeth Weir, also the city was in the middle of an ocean.

the bottom of the city its the center as a base and the rest of the 6 extremes are more up with supports on angle. i don't think that was made to land on dry land. it would be like trying to land a goa`uld mother ship with pyramid shape placing the top tip on the land and spect the whole ship be supported without moving or destroy the ship on the process.

Comment

Did we all forget that Atlantis launched from Antarctica, Earth, several million years ago? The city is capable of landing on solid land mass, Sheppard and Beckett just aren't skilled enough to land a flying city on land. With water, there is room for error.

Comment

WRONG.
                                Atlantis was done on earth. it was on the outpost. probably was done first the center to support all the weight, then the other parts, then was launched. it was not done in another place then landed on the Antarctica. so still the same probably its not possible to land the city on dry land. maybe if a special structure was placed like the outpost where was done (that apparently fit under Atlantis main tower?)

Comment

Working...
                                X