Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Momoa scores the new Conan the Barbarian film!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    Think we can officially kiss the Atlantis movie goodbye at this point then.

People work around shooting schedules all the time. It's a movie not a tv show, it won't take up all his time. If they get round to making the SGA movie then they'll just adjust the shooting schedules to fit him in.

As for the actual news, this is great, Jason Momoa is a good actor who deserves a big role.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      People work around shooting schedules all the time. It's a movie not a tv show, it won't take up all his time. If they get round to making the SGA movie then they'll just adjust the shooting schedules to fit him in.

As for the actual news, this is great, Jason Momoa is a good actor who deserves a big role.
      Alright, nice one! Well done, Jason
      Newly liberated multi-thunker
      http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
      Julia xx

Comment

Wow, this is really great news. With Jason as Conan, I actually will go to the movie theater to watch! (I am not a Conan fan )

Congradulations Jason!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

The only way this could do some damage to the alleged SGA film (I say alleged, cuz, well, it hasn't happened yet) is that the Conan movie does well. Then guess what happens? Jason will, of course ask for a bigger paycheck.

Meanwhile, it's great to see Jason's name all over the place in the news. Now to just get the rest of them in the news like that too!

Comment

Yes! Jason so deserves this opportunity.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
            I would think if they could convince Jason to come back to film the movie (bet he commands a bigger salary now!) it would make the movie more attractive to produce - they could market it as the one with Conan in it... get a wider audience.
            I agree having Jason as Conan could be a marketing plus for the SGA movie.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post

Indeed this would be very good. Hopefully people like him as Conan, can't of picked anyone better.

All my congratulations to jason!
              Tst

Comment

And also If I were Jason I would do the SGA movie for the sake of it, you don't just spend 4 years on a show to not go in the movie.

Although if he weren't in the movie, it wouldn't be SGA for me
                Tst

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post

Oh yes, definitely. Hmm, suffering through Entertainment Tonight but so far no mention of this casting coupe. COme on, E.T. , get on the ball!

Comment

This so rocks. Jason is the best choice for this movie!

Comment

My comment had nothing to do with shooting schedules, going from a big budget Conan movie to a cheesy scifi DVD movie is a massive step down, one I doubt many actors would be too enthusiastic about making.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        My comment had nothing to do with shooting schedules, going from a big budget Conan movie to a cheesy scifi DVD movie is a massive step down, one I doubt many actors would be too enthusiastic about making.
                        Never underestimate the value of money, people will do anything for it. Besides the film has to be made and then be a hit fist before he has a higher profile.

Comment

Never underestimate the value of money, people will do anything for it.
                          I'm pretty sure that money is the reason he would choose to do the Conan movie instead of SGA...

Comment

Never underestimate the value of money, people will do anything for it. Besides the film has to be made and then be a hit fist before he has a higher profile.
                            The value of money is exactly my point. Higher profile gigs = more money, going from Conan back to an SGA movie doesn't help his career much, and as such would probably see him earning less money in the long run.

Comment

Depends on what else he's being offered at the same time. Nothing lessens the value of an actor more than not being offered any roles at all, whether or not he accepts them.

It also depends on his contract, if he's agreed to participate in any movie that gets made after the series ended, he more or less has to do it unless he wants to pay heavy fines for breach of contract, even if they only give him a walk-on part.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, in that business if you're working and in the public eye, that's good. It also pays the rent And since the SGA movie is in stasis, basically, why would anybody turn down any role?

Comment

Working...
                                X