LA Times: Jason Momoa injured in attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    you're welcome. no matter who started the argument, ending it by shoving a glass in someone's face is just plain *wrong*. plus the guy's got a gun charge? sheesh.
    I know. It seems this guy is one of those idiots who can't and won't learn to control his temper or repress his violent tendencies.
    I sincerely hope he doesn't manage to have his lawyer BS him out of a stiff sentence.
    Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
    Thanks for posting the update. But I just gotta say... 140 stitches... 15 stitches? Uhhh... no comparison.
    Yes.This guy will heal a helluva lot faster than Jason .I don't think his poor widdle knuckles will need reconstructive surgery.

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Words should never escalate into violence, but to do something so obscenely violent is inexcusable, no matter what preceded it.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Are there any pics of Jason Momoa now?

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
      Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Originally posted by Aeyame View Post
        Are there any pics of Jason Momoa now?
        Only from the Burbank con... and he was wearing sunglasses the entire time to protect his eye. There are lots in the Burbank con thread. Here's one of mine.

Comment

Wow. He looks a lot better than i expected.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
          Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            you're welcome. no matter who started the argument, ending it by shoving a glass in someone's face is just plain *wrong*. plus the guy's got a gun charge? sheesh.
            Unless I've misread any and all law I've studied and expierenced over the years, I blieve that the guys previous charges may carry weight on this. He can't be tried for hitting Jason with the glass just because of the gun, but I believe the judge and/or jury will take it into consideration if Jason's lawyer is worth it. It can used to establish previous and/or current behavior of the jerk in question. He was right in stating that every fight has two sides, but with what we all have seen and heard about Jason, I find it unlikely that he would have goaded the jerk into doing it. It just dosen't fit.

And thank you for the updates! Didn't realize we had this thread here till I stumbled across it!

sig by DG .
            I can be found here:

Comment

Originally posted by vatazes View Post
              Unless I've misread any and all law I've studied and expierenced over the years, I blieve that the guys previous charges may carry weight on this. He can't be tried for hitting Jason with the glass just because of the gun, but I believe the judge and/or jury will take it into consideration if Jason's lawyer is worth it. It can used to establish previous and/or current behavior of the jerk in question. He was right in stating that every fight has two sides, but with what we all have seen and heard about Jason, I find it unlikely that he would have goaded the jerk into doing it. It just dosen't fit.

And thank you for the updates! Didn't realize we had this thread here till I stumbled across it!
              Jason doesn't have to have a lawyer for this. The guy will be tried by "the state" because it was a criminal act. Jason can file a civil suit against him if the hospitalization, surgery, and/or injuries/scar result in a loss of income or some other monetary loss, but I doubt he'll go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by vatazes View Post

To be fair, are we ever likely to hear anything bad about one of the actors personalities anyway, even if they are a bit of a <Snip>?
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 October 2009, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  To be fair, are we ever likely to hear anything bad about one of the actors personalities anyway, even if they are a bit of a <Snip>?
                  True, we're not likely to, but from what I've seen and heard from him in person, he's very easy going, doesn't take himself seriously, and has a very "live and let live" attitude. *shrugs* He could turn into a poop at times, but who doesn't? I've behaved badly before, but I've never been assaulted.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 October 2009, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                    True, we're not likely to, but from what I've seen and heard from him in person, he's very easy going, doesn't take himself seriously, and has a very "live and let live" attitude. *shrugs* He could turn into a poop at times, but who doesn't? I've behaved badly before, but I've never been assaulted.
                    I think that's the crux of it. Even if he is a <Snip> (which, BTW, in my own experience, he's not) what does that matter? There is never any excuse for glassing somebody. Ever.
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 October 2009, 12:25 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      I think that's the crux of it. Even if he is a <Snip> (which, BTW, in my own experience, he's not) what does that matter? There is never any excuse for glassing somebody. Ever.
                      Nope. It's damaging and potentially lethal. No excuse.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 October 2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

make a speedy recovery and let's hope Bando gets banged up for a long time
                        [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][/FONT

Comment

http://ontheredcarpet.typepad.com/on...son-momoa.html

or
                          http://tinyurl.com/ybvg2ul

Man sentenced for assaulting ‘Stargate Atlantis’ star Jason Momoa

A 22-year-old man from Venice, CA pleaded no contest today to one count of assault, stemming from a 2008 fight with actor Jason Momoa. Momoa is best known for his roles as Jason Ioane in Baywatch Hawaii and as Ronon Dex in Stargate Atlantis. He's also the father of two children with former Cobsy kid Lisa Bonet.

According to the District Attorney's office, Dominic Bando got into a verbal altercation back in November with the actor at the Bird Cafe in Los Angeles. Bando hit Momoa in the face with a pint beer glass. Momoa needed 140 stitches during reconstructive surgery.

Bando was given a five-year state prison term

Comment

I would have given that jerk more for what he did to Jason. 140 stitches ouch.
                            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                              5 years in prison is good IMO
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                                5 is a normal number. Too much more and it may seem like the punishment doesn't fit the crime. You don't give long prision sentences for an assualt. If anything I thought 5 was a little high
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X