The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
    I can't. I seriously just tried and came up with at least half a dozen, for all different reasons. If you're interested, I'll list them (and why they're favs) tomorrow when I have an actual computer. How about you, stars? (Or anyone else), what's yours?
    Sure, go ahead, would love to see that list. I think mine is What is and what should never be. It's the perfect synopsis for this episode, and the fact that it's named after a Led Zeppelin song (for we all know how much Dean adores him) is another perk.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

-In My Time of Dying- For same reason I love WIAWSNB. Zeppelin reference and fits the episode so well.

-Everybody Loves a Clown- 'Cause I love the UNtruth of that statement.

-Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things- Because it shows that the writers have great knowledge of the horror genre, and seriously, how funny is that name?

-A Very Supernatural Christmas- The cheesiness of the title goes great with the humour of the episode.

-Malleus Maleficarum- Just fun to say. Rolls off the tongue.

-Lazarus Rising and Lucifer Rising -together because I like the 'full-circle'-ness of naming the first and last episodes like that.

-Criss Angel is a Douchebag- the sheer bravery of them using such a fantastic title AND the fact that they got it past the censors!

-The Monster at the End of This Book- because it was one of my favourite books as a kid.

-Jump the Shark- Because they just flat out say what they are doing with the ep.

-Free to Be You and Me- Another great childhood reference.

Told you I had a lot!

I like the favourite quote of the season question. Season 2 favourite anyone?

Comment

Excellent choices, all of them. Although my (very close) 2nd choice is not on the list. No Rest for the Wicked - because Dean is just... well, WICKED!

But to your question. Off the top of my head - cause if I start reading up on quotes my family will go hungry tonight because I'll forget to cook - I'm torn between two again, but I'd say I'll go with Folsom Prison Blues:

Sam: Dean, does it bother you at all how easily you seem to fit in here?
        Dean: No, not really.

Wanna know no. 2?
        Spoiler:
        Tall Tales:

Dean: How could it get any worse? I mean, some alien made you his b**ch.

Same question.

sigpic

Comment

Off the top of my head? I would say:

"Dude, I full-on Swayze-d that mother!"

My second?
          Spoiler:
          Dude, you're not going to poke her with a stick!"
          both of these made me laugh out loud.

Season 3 quote? (and anyone else who wants to weigh in on 1 and 2, I'm fine if you back-track!)

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
            "Hey, you better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I’ll haunt your @ss."

IMHO the show gets very creative with their episode titles. You got a favorite?
            Love most of the titles as well. I kind of like Dark Side of the Moon as its a Pink Floyd Album.
            And also On the Head of a Pin. I like that it comes from the saying... How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Maybe someone could ask Cas that question someday?

Off the top of my head? I would say:

"Dude, I full-on Swayze-d that mother!"

My second?
            Spoiler:
            Dude, you're not going to poke her with a stick!"
            both of these made me laugh out loud.

Season 3 quote? (and anyone else who wants to weigh in on 1 and 2, I'm fine if you back-track!)

Ah well ...the stick one gets me everytime... That's still my favourite.
            sigpic

Comment

LOL, my son just provided my answer during dinner. From Ius in Bello:

Hendrickson: I shot the sheriff...
              Dean: But you didn't shoot the deputy.

I wonder if that was another ad lib?

Tell me what you've got.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                LOL, my son just provided my answer during dinner. From Ius in Bello:

Hendrickson: I shot the sheriff...
                Dean: But you didn't shoot the deputy.

I wonder if that was another ad lib?

Tell me what you've got.
                An ad-lib huh?

Well, there's this bit from Bloodlust...

Dean: World Weekly News...
                Sam: Weekly World News.
                Dean: World -
                Sam: Weekly World -
                Dean: Weekly... I'm new.

Jensen had messed up the line and Jared was helping him...they left it in the scene. I read it or heard it somewhere.

Favorite Dean shirt? Sam shirt?
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Apart from the GTOY and the white hospital tee that I just love because they're a bit more revealing than his usual outfit...

Okay, tee shirt the tan long-sleeved one he wore for example in Clown.

And for shirt shirts, the dark red one from No Exit. Don't know why exactly, but that really did it for me.

Can somebody else please answer the 'Sam' part? I'm sorry, but I don't pay that much attention to him... *runs away and hides*

sigpic

Comment

Ooh, sorry. I have only noticed the couple of Sam's shirts I DIDN'T like (white button down with the odd red desigin on it). WAIT! Going from memory here, but wasn't Sam wearing a great tight-fitting grey (?) t-shirt when Dean and Bobby found him in Lazarus Rising? That was pretty nice.

Kind of a two part one:
                    SPN has used a lot of the typical and not-so-typical sci-fi ways to cheat death, for Sam, Dean, and many guest stars. 1) Are there any you weren't happy with, where you thought it wasn't necessary to bring the person back, or that the manner in which they did so was just a little TOO much of a stretch? 2) Is there a back-from-the-dead that you thought stood out as being particularly inventive?
                    Last edited by Crichiel; 02 September 2010, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Sorry...just thought of my favorite shirts that I really love on Sam and Dean... On Sam, the black t-shirt with the white greyhound on the front. He's worn it in a few episodes.

And on Dean...his Henley's and flannels. Specifically though, the purplish flannel/plaid shirt he wore in All Hell Breaks Loose Pt.2. He's worn that one a few times.
                      Spoiler:
                      I think the t-shirts are a given. As is that wife beater from The Magnificent Seven.

Kind of a two part one:
                      SPN has used a lot of the typical and not-so-typical sci-fi ways to cheat death, for Sam, Dean, and many guest stars. 1) Are there any you weren't happy with, where you thought it wasn't necessary to bring the person back, or that the manner in which they did so was just a little TOO much of a stretch? 2) Is there a back-from-the-dead that you thought stood out as being particularly inventive
                      Part 1.) The only person I can think of that was brought back from the dead was Adam. I'm sure there have been others but...drawing a blank here, sorry. Didn't quite understand how he came back though. Was happy he was though. So, no, none that I wasn't happy with.

To answer Part 2.) Yes, Dean's raising from Hell by Castiel's hand. Pretty clever if you ask me. And angel going to hell to bring back a righteous man? Hell yeah!

Same question(s)?
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                        Part 1.) The only person I can think of that was brought back from the dead was Adam. I'm sure there have been others but...drawing a blank here, sorry. Didn't quite understand how he came back though. Was happy he was though. So, no, none that I wasn't happy with.
                        Sorry, I should have phrased that differently. I meant is there someone they brought back to the SHOW after killing them off. Not necessarily brought back from the dead. For example, the various ways they've brought back Mary and John even though they died years ago. Or Adam, or in season 5 when
                        Spoiler:
                        they brought back Pam and Ash in heaven. Or Bobby's wife.

Comment

Oh, thanks for the clarification.

@ 1: Actually, I thought the ending of Swan Song fell into that category, especially
                          Spoiler:
                          Bobby's return. I thought it was a little sudden and just too d@mn convenient. Having Cas return, fine. Maybe God really needs a 'new sheriff in town'. But we've seen so far that only very special circumstances cause heaven's powers to interfere to the point of bringing somebody back from the dead, this was a bit too casual. I guess we can 'blame' S6 for that - not that I'm not thrilled we have it. If this had really ben the last episode I can imagine Kripke killing off at least one of them.

@2: The 'Rising of the Witnesses' in the beginning of S4. That was like a trip down memory lane with the boys, seeing so many familiar faces again.

Do you have something - a piece of advice, for example - you've been dying to tell Sam or Dean if you had the chance? And if so, what would it be? (Apart from the fact that they're awesome...)

sigpic

Comment

Sam - While he shouldn't treat you like a baby, there's nothing wrong with your big brother treating you like a baby BROTHER. He had to step in as your Mom and while you get to the place in your life where your relationship changes with your mother, you will always be her (Dean's) little boy. Do you really realise how much of his life he's given up for you? Besides, there have been PLENTY of times where Dean has trusted you and your feelings and where you've "won" the argument. It's not as one sided as you seem to think.

Dean - You have so much reason to be mad at Sam, but he had no idea going in what the consequences of his actions would be. It doesn't excuse him, but his good intentions SHOULD merit complete forgiveness...which means, stop bringing up what he did!! Neither of you has a great track record with your decision making.

AND on the positive side:

Sam - You have more than proven your sorrow and regret for your actions. You don't have to keep punishing yourself for it. You don't have to keeping paying for it.

Dean - You were the reason Sam and John made it after Mary died. Though, in their desire to follow their obsessions (hunting for John, and a normal life for Sam), they inadvertantly overlooked your need for family, you were and are indispensible to the Winchester family.

Same question.

Comment

*removed the dust out of this thread*

My answers would be to the boys at the moment, so I put it in spoilers:

Spoiler:

Dean: Don't mess up with Lisa! That woman is good for you. You don't need to live with her, just keep in touch and care for her, OK?

Sam: I have no idea what happened to you, but please don't forget who was always there for you - and who wasn't! Oh, and if you don't need that ride any more, give me a call, won't ya!

I guess we had this question already, but time has passed, and so some opinions and interests might have changed:

Is there some monster or supernatural phenomenon you'd love the boys to deal with, and which we hadn't had yet?
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

I guess after all the Angel/Demon stuff of the last couple years, I'd like to see some myths, urban legends, etc from other cultures. I really liked when they brought in the Norse, Roman, Hindu, etc gods in "Hammer of the Gods".

Same question.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X