No announcement yet.

The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I HAD to? A son. It is the tv stereotype to give tough guys a little girl "to show their sensitive side." *gag* Dean shows his sensitive side plenty without resorting to that saccharine sweetness!

I'm not sure it is fair to ask this one, since it might not apply to everyone, but I am curious: If/when you read SPN fanfic, are there certain stories you automatically skip, just from the description? (to illustrate, I'll actually tell you why I am asking. Because for me, it is so hard to find the type of stories I want to read. I don't read slash, crackfic, OC, de-aged, sister fic, or those Brotherhood or whatever they are AU stories)

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
      I'm not sure it is fair to ask this one, since it might not apply to everyone, but I am curious: If/when you read SPN fanfic, are there certain stories you automatically skip, just from the description? (to illustrate, I'll actually tell you why I am asking. Because for me, it is so hard to find the type of stories I want to read. I don't read slash, crackfic, OC, de-aged, sister fic, or those Brotherhood or whatever they are AU stories)
      I stay very far away from Dean/Sam and Dean/Castiel fics. I don't want to see them like that. Love sister fics, hate crack fics...I like de-aged fics if they're written well, done right. I've heard of the Brotherhood AU stories and, seen them but...no desire to read them what so ever. It's hard for me as well finding the types of fics I like to read...

Favorite kind of SPN fic? If you have one...
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        Favorite kind of SPN fic? If you have one...
        I read fanfic to get more "episodes" or to get more of my favourite episode. Which is why I am so picky. If I wouldn't want to see it in an episode on tv, I don't want to read it. So my favourites are missing scene stories or the straight up supernatural/mystery stories that read like a good ep.

Totally superficial, do you have a season where you think the boys looked especially good...or bad? (Doesn't have to be same season for each)

Comment

I read fanfic to get more "episodes" or to get more of my favourite episode. Which is why I am so picky. If I wouldn't want to see it in an episode on tv, I don't want to read it. So my favourites are missing scene stories or the straight up supernatural/mystery stories that read like a good ep.
          Straight up Supoernatural/mystery stories... You'll find them at Supernaturalville.

Totally superficial, do you have a season where you think the boys looked especially good...or bad? (Doesn't have to be same season for each)
          Dean looked his best in Season 5...Sam in season 5. Sam didn't look his best in season 1 (his hair was too short for my liking). Dean, well, he looks good in every season but, season 1, ah, let's just say the boys get better looking with every season IMHO.

Same question?
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Same question?
            Thought of this because I am watching season 4 right now. No offense to any Samgirls, but Jared really isn't my type and I seldom look at him and think, "woo-hoo!" Except season 4. I think he looks really good in season 4. His hair is longer, but not too long. It's too long and thick in season 5 for me. And he's bulked up a little too much for my tastes.

Jensen looks a little too YOUNG in season 1 for me, but he never looks bad! But season 2 comes to mind for some reason. Maybe just because I can think of a couple truly beautiful shots of Dean in season 2 (end of Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things when they are talking on the hood of the Impala).

If you could bring one back: Ellen or Jo?

Comment

Maybe just because I can think of a couple truly beautiful shots of Dean in season 2 (end of Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things when they are talking on the hood of the Impala).
              Oh yes, very beautiful shots indeed.

If you could bring one back: Ellen or Jo?
              Hmm...tough one. Um...Jo. There was something between her and Dean. Would love to have seen what/where it would have lead to.

Same question?
              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 07 August 2010, 12:20 PM.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Same question?
                100% Ellen. I thought Dean had zero chemistry with Jo until Abandon All Hope, but I have loved Ellen as their surrogate mother. She takes no bull from Dean and the way Dean behaves around her (like he does with John) is adorable.

Much as I love 'em, they CAN get a little whiny: who do you find whinier, Sam or Dean?

Comment

100% Ellen. I thought Dean had zero chemistry with Jo until Abandon All Hope, but I have loved Ellen as their surrogate mother. She takes no bull from Dean and the way Dean behaves around her (like he does with John) is adorable.
                  See, this is why it was a tough choice for me. I like your answer and love your reason!

Much as I love 'em, they CAN get a little whiny: who do you find whinier, Sam or Dean?
                  Much as I love him, Sam.

Okay, I'm gonna ask this one again cuz I wanna hear/see your answer this time... If Dean had a dog, what kind would he have and what would he name it?

Spoiler:
                  We already know Sam had a dog once upon a time, a Golden Retriever, named Bones. In DSoTM.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

I don't really see Dean as a dog person, but if he had a dog it would be no special kind, a mixed breed with a lot of husky in it and its name would be Zeppelin.

Just imagine that Mary never died and they boys did not grow the way up they did: How do you think they'd live?
                    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                      Just imagine that Mary never died and they boys did not grow the way up they did: How do you think they'd live?
                      As in jobs? I think it showed in the first minute of the pilot how much of a daddy's boy Dean already was. I think he would have grown up to be just like he was in WIAWSNB, a mechanic who still lived in Lawrence by his parents, with a beautiful girl. Sam? Who knows? He could have gone any way because if John had never started hunting, maybe Sam wouldn't have grown up so angry and would have admired John in the same way Dean did.

Same question.

Comment

As in jobs? I think it showed in the first minute of the pilot how much of a daddy's boy Dean already was. I think he would have grown up to be just like he was in WIAWSNB, a mechanic who still lived in Lawrence by his parents, with a beautiful girl. Sam? Who knows? He could have gone any way because if John had never started hunting, maybe Sam wouldn't have grown up so angry and would have admired John in the same way Dean did.

Same question.
                        Actually, for me the way the boys were portrayed in WIAWSNB was still too close to their actual selves, so I'm gonna paint a totally different scenario here.

Starting with Dean - obviously. What little we've seen or learned of him as a child showed him as a caring and sensitive kid, and without being thrown into the trauma of losing his mother and being raised on the road as a hunter while bringing up his younger sibling more or less single handedly he would have grown up into a totally different type of person - minus the hard shell around himself to protect his feelings. Yes, he's good as a mechanic, but that's not his only talent. I think he would have been smart enough to get at least through college, and I think his commitment to helping people would have made him choose a medical or social field to work in. Probably something with kids. Who knows, maybe a teacher at a special needs school

Now Sam on the other hand, he admitted that he was angry all the time. Okay, it may have been the demon blood, but maybe he is simply a born rebel. Which in case of a 'normal' childhood may have turned him into the opposite of a compulsive student who was desperate to go to college. If that's what his parents expected of him, he may have turned tail and run in the opposite direction. He would have found his niche eventually, smart as he is, but my money is on him not getting there through the usual channels but making his own way - maybe as a writer.

So, along the same lines - would you be interested to see the boys in a situation where their roles are basically reversed? Where Dean sticks to the straight and narrow and Sam's cutting corners?

sigpic
                        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                          So, along the same lines - would you be interested to see the boys in a situation where their roles are basically reversed? Where Dean sticks to the straight and narrow and Sam's cutting corners?
                          Spoiler:
                          Whoa, spooky, with what we know about S6 now...
                          While it might be interesting...I'm gonna have to say NO. I like our boys just the way they are.

I'm not up for deep thinking right now so... Favorite quote from Season 1?
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

I'm not up for deep thinking right now so... Favorite quote from Season 1?
                            Dude, you fugly.

Same question.

Comment

Dude, you fugly.

Same question.
                              "Hey, you better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I’ll haunt your @ss."

IMHO the show gets very creative with their episode titles. You got a favorite?

sigpic
                              Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                                "Hey, you better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I’ll haunt your @ss."

IMHO the show gets very creative with their episode titles. You got a favorite?
                                I can't. I seriously just tried and came up with at least half a dozen, for all different reasons. If you're interested, I'll list them (and why they're favs) tomorrow when I have an actual computer. How about you, stars? (Or anyone else), what's yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X