Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Good answer.

Gotta go with the colt. That thing is bad@ss!

Do you prefer Dean and SAM in suits or in street clothes.
    Great answer yourself! I actually thought of the question because I just watched an ep with the Colt and I was wonderinf if I was the only person that got giddy and started grinning like a crazy person everytime Sam or Dean pulls the Colt. I don't care if it makes them too powerful, I LOVE that thing!

Tough answer for yours. I think they look goooooood in suits (especially Dean in It's a Terrible Life), but I would maybe end up saying street clothes because they look so much more Sam and Dean-like. That make sense? Plus something about the blue-collar look appeals to me more than white-collar.

Hmmm. Question, question....hmmm. I WAS going to ask "Do you spoiler?", but since I see most of you here on the spoiler thread, I think I already know the answer! How about: Considering this shows amazing track record at NOT creating gaping plot holes, is there one they did that totally drives you nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
      Great answer yourself!
      Thanx.

I actually thought of the question because I just watched an ep with the Colt and I was wonderinf if I was the only person that got giddy and started grinning like a crazy person everytime Sam or Dean pulls the Colt. I don't care if it makes them too powerful, I LOVE that thing!
      Your not the only one. It's an incredibly beautiful piece of weaponry. The attention to detail is amazing with all those designs etched into it. I love that it's really old, the mythology associated with it is pretty cool and I love the pentagram carved into the handle too. Prop Master Chris Cooper claims (in the S3 companion guide) that the Latin inscription on the barrel, non timeho mala, translates to: Hear no evil. However this site says it's I shall fear no evil... which sounds better, more appropriate. Maybe the "H" was a typo? Also, the bullets are pretty wicked looking with all that detail, the etchings. And they're numbered, love that!

Tough answer for yours. I think they look goooooood in suits (especially Dean in It's a Terrible Life), but I would maybe end up saying street clothes because they look so much more Sam and Dean-like. That make sense? Plus something about the blue-collar look appeals to me more than white-collar.
      Yeah, agreed.

Hmmm. Question, question....hmmm. I WAS going to ask "Do you spoiler?", but since I see most of you here on the spoiler thread, I think I already know the answer! How about: Considering this shows amazing track record at NOT creating gaping plot holes, is there one they did that totally drives you nuts?
      I cannot think of any atm...sorry.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Your not the only one. It's an incredibly beautiful piece of weaponry. The attention to detail is amazing with all those designs etched into it. I love that it's really old, the mythology associated with it is pretty cool and I love the pentagram carved into the handle too. Prop Master Chris Cooper claims (in the S3 companion guide) that the Latin inscription on the barrel, non timeho mala, translates to: Hear no evil. However this site says it's I shall fear no evil... which sounds better, more appropriate. Maybe the "H" was a typo? Also, the bullets are pretty wicked looking with all that detail, the etchings. And they're numbered, love that!
        Actually, the typo's in the Latin. It should me 'Non Timeo mala' which means 'I fear no evil'. As in the famous quote from the Trojan war epos that every student of Latin comes across at some time: Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes (I fear the Danaens even if they bear gifts.) It supposed to be a great example for some grammatical gimmick or other, but I forgot which one. It's amazing how much I remember even though I had no interest in the language at all when I had to study it for five endless years. I get almost all of the exorcism spell, for example.

I cannot think of any atm...sorry.
        Neither can I. Well, not of a plot hole per se. There are just a few inconsistencies that have always irked me. For example, in Monster at the End of the Book after they check into the 'ToREadaR' motel (always loved that twist!) Dean goes to 'park the Impala'. I mean, it's a motel, the car sits right outside their door, so why would he take it to an off-site parking lot where he can't keep an eye on it?

Maybe somebody else can come up with a proper answer. Or did you have a certain one in mind when you asked, Crichiel?

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
          Actually, the typo's in the Latin. It should me 'Non Timeo mala' which means 'I fear no evil'. As in the famous quote from the Trojan war epos that every student of Latin comes across at some time: Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes (I fear the Danaens even if they bear gifts.) It supposed to be a great example for some grammatical gimmick or other, but I forgot which one. It's amazing how much I remember even though I had no interest in the language at all when I had to study it for five endless years. I get almost all of the exorcism spell, for example.
          I also thought that it was a typo too (I had 5 years of Latin, but I forgot most of it), but it isn't, it's an old Latin version of Psalm 23,4. The b in timebo irritates me every time I see it, though.

To answer the question: it's not a plot hole per se, because it is explainable, but for me the story line with the special children doesn't make much sense.

Spoilers S5:
          Spoiler:
          If it was always clear, that Sam would be Lucifers vessel, why did Azazel need to make this whole search for the super-kid, and risk Sams life by this way? It is explainable, I know, but it just feels not totally consistent.

Imagine the series ended: do you think that the writer should explain everything or is it OK, when they leave out some explanations even if they know the answers to themselves? (Like: where are John and Mary?)
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Hope it's okay to carry on the discussion here - not really the topic of the thread, I know...

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
            I also thought that it was a typo too (I had 5 years of Latin, but I forgot most of it), but it isn't, it's an old Latin version of Psalm 23,4. The b in timebo irritates me every time I see it, though.
            *facepalm* I didn't realize that it's part of the 'valley of death' psalm. In that case 'timebo' makes sense since it's the subjunctive clause. Sort of 'I would not fear evil'.

[quote]To answer the question: it's not a plot hole per se, because it is explainable, but for me the story line with the special children doesn't make much sense.

Spoilers S5:
            Spoiler:
            If it was always clear, that Sam would be Lucifers vessel, why did Azazel need to make this whole search for the super-kid, and risk Sams life by this way? It is explainable, I know, but it just feels not totally consistent.

It does raise some questions, but then
            Spoiler:
            the special children were created by Azazel at Lucifer's command, who told him to find a 'special child'. Using Sam was God's plan, and neither of them would have been aware of it. They too were only pawns in the greater game.

Along the same lines - and actually leading into your question - there was that scene in Nightmares where Sam telekinetically moved the chest away from the closet door to free himself. That particular power never came up again. If fear for Dean's life kindled it then, wouldn't it have come back when Sam was drinking demon blood? I can see why the writers didn't pursue that partiucular plotline, though. It would have killed a lot of potentially dangerous situations if Sam were able to shift and zoom things at will.

So to get back to the question:

Imagine the series ended: do you think that the writer should explain everything or is it OK, when they leave out some explanations even if they know the answers to themselves? (Like: where are John and Mary?)
            I like it when questions are answered and loose threads tied up at the end. To me it's a sign of quality (that the writers keep track of their earlier work) or of forethought (raising certain issues with a later twist in mind). Still, I realize that it's impossible to tidy up everything in the end, especially with a show as long running and intricate as Spn. And I'd rather have a strong season finale with one solid story rather than a profusion of expository things that will explain everything.

Same question.

sigpic

Comment

For example, in Monster at the End of the Book after they check into the 'ToREadaR' motel (always loved that twist!)
              Um, okay...I don't get it. Pardon m denseness.

Same question.
              Oh, I need every loose end tied up. Every question answered. I agree with your answer.

After School Special or Yellow Fever? (which do you prefer)
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

After School Special or Yellow Fever? (which do you prefer)

Ooh, yay! An easy one for me! I love Yellow Fever. Some people probably think it's too OTT, but I love seeing Dean like this. And, sorry, but After School Special is one of my least favourite episodes of the entire series. Probably because of the way Dean is portrayed and because of the kid that was cast to play him. I almost never watch this episode.

How about Hollywood Babylon or Monster Movie?

Comment

Um, okay...I don't get it. Pardon m denseness.
                  I meant how they changed the TOREADOR into the RED Motel. Looking back those mixed up latter did look really weird.

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                  Ooh, yay! An easy one for me! I love Yellow Fever. Some people probably think it's too OTT, but I love seeing Dean like this. And, sorry, but After School Special is one of my least favourite episodes of the entire series. Probably because of the way Dean is portrayed and because of the kid that was cast to play him. I almost never watch this episode.

How about Hollywood Babylon or Monster Movie?
                  Monster Movie, hands down. The boys' confusion about being faced by all the clichés they knew were wrong was epic. And Dean in Lederhosen? Being from Bavaria myself I loved it. Especially since the stuff was really authentic too - not like in some other movies I could mention (but won't).

Since somebody mentioned special children... They all had different special powers, and I have a theory that they were a result of certain character traits. Like Sam who was really smart becoming clairvoyant. If it had been Dean who was fed the demon blood instead of Sam, what special skill do you think he would have developed?

sigpic

Comment

I meant how they changed the TOREADOR into the RED Motel. Looking back those mixed up latter did look really weird.
                    Ah, yeah, I liked that too!.

Since somebody mentioned special children... They all had different special powers, and I have a theory that they were a result of certain character traits. Like Sam who was really smart becoming clairvoyant. If it had been Dean who was fed the demon blood instead of Sam, what special skill do you think he would have developed?
                    Empathy. He'd be an empath I think. He's a very emotional guy, even if he doesn't always like to show it - "No chick flick moments..."He does let us see him cry though. We've seen how angry he can get and how passionate he is about his family, and family in general.

If you could be plunked right down in the middle of an episode of Supernatural which one would it be and why?
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

If you could be plunked right down in the middle of an episode of Supernatural which one would it be and why?
                      Monster Movie! Hey, it's Oktoberfest, and I'd love to see Dean in Lederhosen!! Also: I'd ever wanted to know how it is to be black/white

Same question!
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                        Monster Movie! Hey, it's Oktoberfest, and I'd love to see Dean in Lederhosen!! Also: I'd ever wanted to know how it is to be black/white
                        That's a good reason.

Same question!
                        Oh boy... um...think it's a tie between A Very Supernatural Christmas (would love to celebrate Christmas with Dean and Sam) and After School Special (Dean, short shorts. 'nuff said).

Okay, thought of this question last night while trying to fall asleep... If Dean were to get a dog, what kind would he get and what would he name it?
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

hmmm I think it would be a golden retriever named Pickles XD (don't ask, the name just randomly popped into my head XD)

okay uhmm... since we're at pets... do you think Sam is a dog or a cat person?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsu View Post
                            hmmm I think it would be a golden retriever named Pickles XD (don't ask, the name just randomly popped into my head XD)

okay uhmm... since we're at pets... do you think Sam is a dog or a cat person?
                            Hi there, and welcome to our game!

Definitely a dog person. The way he interacted with 'Bones' in Dark Side of the Moon just showed how comfortable he is around dogs. And the dog obviously doted on him.

If you had the choice, which of the females we've seen on Spn until now would you like Sam and Dean to end up with?

sigpic

Comment

H
                              If you had the choice, which of the females we've seen on Spn until now would you like Sam and Dean to end up with?
                              For Dean... Anna...or Lisa Braeden. For Sam...Sara Blake (from Provenance)

And for the record...I think Dean would have a German Sheppard (or, you know, some other kind of "manly dog") named...Zepplin.

Changing Channels or Yellow Fever?
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

thanks! ^^

Changing Channels C: definetly XD

uhmm do you think Dean would rather leave in a house or a flat? x)

Comment

Working...
                                X