Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be leaving anytime between now and 6 to go out for dinner. Will try to post to keep event going.

Comment

I'm off to bed myself

Night night everyone
      If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
        I'm off to bed myself

Night night everyone
        *waves* Night...

Off to bed myself, but will be about tomorrow. G'night all.
        Last edited by Isolde; 06 May 2009, 02:13 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

For the attention of Fandom Addict.

I'm off for the night as well. Thought I'd better announce it just in case you come on after I've gone.
          sigpic

Comment

All right, i made a post to continue the event. I'm going to assume we're waiting for guests, but left my post open ended so it can work if A) we ARE waiting for guests still, or B)everyone has arrived.

I'm compiling a list of who responded and who arrived. If you or any character you roleplay hasn't "arrived" at the party yet, please do so. They're getting hungry i can imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
              I'm compiling a list of who responded and who arrived. If you or any character you roleplay hasn't "arrived" at the party yet, please do so. They're getting hungry i can imagine.
              The only guests who haven't arrived yet are Spike and Afa who are run by Fandom Addict but she didn't come on at all yesterday. I'm guessing real life has hit her. In post 48 dated 2nd May she said -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....3&postcount=48

I'm going to try to around more now, hopefully, but work is still a bit hectic.

I've read that last post you made and it's left things open for Devon saying that they can't delay the start of the event any longer. Boris's crew, Jean-Luc, the Hippies and Mar would all be getting worried by then, however, so how about something like this?

If Fandom Addict hasn't come on by the time you really need to get everyone out of the Meditation Centre, Boris asks Devon if he can contact his ship and the planet to arrange for a search party. We wouldn't have to role play the search party's activities in the On Board Hive 95 thread - all Boris would need to do is report the arrangements he's made to the others.

There's Bob, Gordon and Darrell at the Pirate Camp, and some more crew members on Boris's hive ship. If Draygon agrees,(a) the Scottish Wraith can fly darts and might even have parked some away from the Hill Fort so Boris could say he'd had a word with Connolly and (b) Boris could also report that Gowen has asked Solma to help. I can always add a bit in the guides about the Hippies, Pirates and Scottish Wraith having a sophisticated version of a laptop hidden away and there could be some kind of computer near the Meditation Room and Spa. (I don't think we've ever established what kind of distances Wraith telepathy works for in our game world either.)

I could then send Fandom Addict a PM to tell her that the Grand Opening had to go ahead without Afa and Spike and there's now a search party out looking for them.

Draygon's already had Michael expecting something to go wrong so I'm sure she could have him saying something like "I knew it!"
              Last edited by ciannwn; 06 May 2009, 10:44 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Have just thought that we might need an 'in game' reason for Spike and Afa being very late so how about this -

They run into a strange space/time anomaly which sends them into the 'in game' time future - how far into the future will depend on when Fandom Addict can get on GateWorld.in 'real life' time.

1: If Fandom Addict comes on while the opening ceremony is happening in the game it's one hour.

2: If Fandom Addict comes on after everyone has started eating in the dining room it's 2-3 hours.

3: If Fandom Addict can't get on until the Grand Opening event has finished it's twelve hours or even a day. Spike and Afa will then have missed out on the party altogether.
                sigpic

Comment

You've got my permission to use either the Scottish wraith or have Gowen contact Solma for search parties

Hope it doesn't come to that...
                  sigpic

Comment

I won't be on as much this evening (UK time). I'm giving Draygon and Draco-Stellaris permanent permission to role play my game alter ego, Ciannwn, if ever it becomes neccessary.

The Character Owner's guide has now been updated so ciannwn, Draygon and Draco-Stellaris can all role play the following characters -

Kit, Ciannwn, Boris, Erik, Archimedes, Finlay the Fey, Jimmy, Neo, Fred, Gawain, Gabriel, Shawn, Zakkik, Ellia, Fern, Hector, Jean-Luc
                    Last edited by ciannwn; 07 May 2009, 09:33 AM. Reason: made an addition
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                      The only guests who haven't arrived yet are Spike and Afa who are run by Fandom Addict but she didn't come on at all yesterday. I'm guessing real life has hit her. In post 48 dated 2nd May she said -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....3&postcount=48

I'm going to try to around more now, hopefully, but work is still a bit hectic.

I've read that last post you made and it's left things open for Devon saying that they can't delay the start of the event any longer. Boris's crew, Jean-Luc, the Hippies and Mar would all be getting worried by then, however, so how about something like this?

If Fandom Addict hasn't come on by the time you really need to get everyone out of the Meditation Centre, Boris asks Devon if he can contact his ship and the planet to arrange for a search party. We wouldn't have to role play the search party's activities in the On Board Hive 95 thread - all Boris would need to do is report the arrangements he's made to the others.

There's Bob, Gordon and Darrell at the Pirate Camp, and some more crew members on Boris's hive ship. If Draygon agrees,(a) the Scottish Wraith can fly darts and might even have parked some away from the Hill Fort so Boris could say he'd had a word with Connolly and (b) Boris could also report that Gowen has asked Solma to help. I can always add a bit in the guides about the Hippies, Pirates and Scottish Wraith having a sophisticated version of a laptop hidden away and there could be some kind of computer near the Meditation Room and Spa. (I don't think we've ever established what kind of distances Wraith telepathy works for in our game world either.)

I could then send Fandom Addict a PM to tell her that the Grand Opening had to go ahead without Afa and Spike and there's now a search party out looking for them.

Draygon's already had Michael expecting something to go wrong so I'm sure she could have him saying something like "I knew it!"
                      Ok... Sounds like a plausible explanation for Spike and Afa's absence. Being that I myself may not be on as much either, maybe we'll "pause" the game for tonite. That may give AFA a chance to post if real life is preventing her from doing so. I would say by tomorrow, if AFA is unable to post, we'll go ahead with this plan. I just rememberedm thoughm that I won't be around tomorrow afternoon, evening, and most of saturday due to going on a trip with friends. I'd hate to pause the game forever, but what if waited until Sunday sometime to resume? Let me know what you think.

The good thing about the "in-game" time system is that you can essentially "freeze" a story if people can't actively participate for a day or so. When things resume, all you need to do is just a quick skim of the game thread and you'll be up to speed as to what needs to happen next. This circumstance may work well for us for the weekend. (And today).

Have just thought that we might need an 'in game' reason for Spike and Afa being very late so how about this -

They run into a strange space/time anomaly which sends them into the 'in game' time future - how far into the future will depend on when Fandom Addict can get on GateWorld.in 'real life' time.

1: If Fandom Addict comes on while the opening ceremony is happening in the game it's one hour.

2: If Fandom Addict comes on after everyone has started eating in the dining room it's 2-3 hours.

3: If Fandom Addict can't get on until the Grand Opening event has finished it's twelve hours or even a day. Spike and Afa will then have missed out on the party altogether.
                      Ok, good explanation and we'll use it if we need to.

Comment

I'd hate to pause the game forever, but what if waited until Sunday sometime to resume? Let me know what you think.
                        I think that pausing the Hive 95 event until Sunday would be a very good idea. If some of us want to role play until then we've got other characters in the Boris's Hive and The Planet role playing threads to be going on with.

Ok, good explanation and we'll use it if we need to.
                        Thanks. Hopefully we won't have to use this strange space/time anomaly if the game is paused until Sunday.
                        sigpic

Comment

I can see the positvies of pausing the Hive event for the time being.
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree with the pausing until Sunday.

That means of course also that our characters are "stuck" there and we can't use them for other role playing.

Don't get ballistic at me but I'd like to suggest that - since we have different threads - we could simply say that the event is already over and resume our normal playing in the other threads?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
                              That means of course also that our characters are "stuck" there and we can't use them for other role playing.

Don't get ballistic at me but I'd like to suggest that - since we have different threads - we could simply say that the event is already over and resume our normal playing in the other threads?
                              The Hive 95 role playing thread is the only one which is officially running under 'in game' timing at the moment. We've just been experimenting in the other role playing threads ourselves. I don't see why we can't pretend that the event is over in The Planet and Boris's Hive role playing threads as long as we don't have our characters say what's been happening at the party because we players have no idea what will happen yet.

While there's just a handful of players at the moment maybe we should keep proper 'in game' timing just for special events. If we want to have a party at The Lab, for example, we could use The Planet role playing thread as the 'in game' timing one for a few days. Hope this makes sense.
                              sigpic

Comment

The Hive 95 role playing thread is the only one which is officially running under 'in game' timing at the moment. We've just been experimenting in the other role playing threads ourselves. I don't see why we can't pretend that the event is over in The Planet and Boris's Hive role playing threads as long as we don't have our characters say what's been happening at the party because we players have no idea what will happen yet.

While there's just a handful of players at the moment maybe we should keep proper 'in game' timing just for special events. If we want to have a party at The Lab, for example, we could use The Planet role playing thread as the 'in game' timing one for a few days. Hope this makes sense.
                                Yay! It absolutely makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X