Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game update.

Wormhole-Xtreme! has now been added to the Games, Pastimes and TV shows guide. As this is quite an important aspect of our game world, I'll post what the guide says here. Our game world characters don't go to Stargate conventions because their version of Stargate is Wormhole-Xtreme!

Wormhole X-Treme!: This is a very popular TV series on Earth which is shown in many different countries. It features a team of Earth humans who operate from a US military base. The team travels though wormholes to other planets and, in a later season, an expedition of Earth humans went to another galaxy and ended up in a technologically advanced sunken city which they managed to raise to the surface. One of the alien races in this galaxy is the Wraith who have long white hair and dress in black leather. Many Wormhole-Xtreme! fans think that the Wraith are very sexy and love to dress up as them at Wormhole-Xtreme! conventions. Although the series is a breach of security, Earth authorities in the know regard it as useful cover for what's being kept secret from the general population because any information leaks will never be taken seriously. TechnoWraith from Hive 95 was an ordinary human until he attended a Wormhole-Xtreme! convention where he was abducted by Wraith using a beaming device. (See TechnoWraith in the Hive 95 Character Guide.)
    sigpic

Comment

Game guide updates..

The nymphs and dryads Character Guide entry now has the extra information we decided on. They can change size and travel long distances in the blink of an eye.

Character Owners guide entries for nymphs and dryads and Scottish Wraith now say that they can be Borrowed for role playing without having to ask for permission.
      sigpic

Comment

My monitor has died. I've borrowed my husband's computer to post this but I can't use it for long because everything is set up differently to mine. His desk and chair kill my back after a few minutes. I'm hoping it's just the power cable,
        sigpic

Comment

I'm back. We switched power leads and both monitors are working now. It could be that my power lead had worked itself loose for some reason.
          sigpic

Comment

Can I please have people's opinions about those rules amendments I suggested in Post 83. I can't just go ahead and change anything unless I know that people agree.

If you do agree just make a post in OOC chat saying that you agree with my suggested changes for the rules. If you don't agree please say what's wrong with them so we can have a discussion about it.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm fine with the changes...
              If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                Well, I'm fine with the changes...
                Thanks. That's one in favour of making the changes to the rules. Anyone else?
                sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, the changes... Sounds good.

Just to clarify about the roleplay in-game time system:

Remember for the Grand Opening of Deveareax, that the game will (or at least should) progress at the pace at which people post in the On-board Hive 95 thread. Real-time/Real-life will not apply to this game event. This may be a bit of an adjustment to all of us. In the end, by running "in game time" we're not pressured into rushing the event because someone has to leave in an hour. The event will progress as each new post comes in. Just remember to try and stay active if possible, as an event will come to a halt otherwise. Real life things happen, and people *do* have lives outside this forum. Perfectly acceptable. (Again, the OOC guidelines in Post #83 will be adhered to for this event). At the least, i would like input on what you guys think of the in-game time system. Tell me what worked or what didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith View Post
                    JPerfectly acceptable. (Again, the OOC guidelines in Post #83 will be adhered to for this event). At the least, i would like input on what you guys think of the in-game time system. Tell me what worked or what didn't work.
                    I've noticed that we seem to be experimenting with in-game time already. I think I'll add that OOC content at the bottom of posts can include things on the lines of this example -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=191

(OOC: Have to leave now, don't know yet if I'll be online tonight because of the weekly horse riding.)

I don't know how other role playing gamers go about it but I think OOC comments like that would suit us thunk thread regulars better than using OOC chat to say we're going to bed or whatever. There was a bit of a hiccup with this, however, because we got used to saying goodbye or good night to each other. I'll have to add that if we want to say goodnight to someone who's just announced they're off to bed we should do it as a visitor message on their profile.

People will need to watch what I post too. Just because I type out the rules doesn't automatically mean I'll never forget I'm not in the thunk threads any more.
                    sigpic

Comment

This entire roleplay is new to all of us. With having been so used to running things the "other way" on the thunk thread, the new in-game time system is something most of you will need to adjust to. I've rp-ed quite a bit in the past, so the in-game time system is nothing new to me. The Grand Opening for Deveareax will be a chance for us all to work the kinks out and get used to the i-game system. ^.^

Comment

I've had another go at amending the rules. The bit in red could be deleted because I've now said that OOC chat comments at the bottom of role playing posts can be used for two things.

The exception to this rule is real life doing unexpected things when you're participating in a role playing session. If your sudden disappearance is going to confuse others put a brief explanation in OOC chat - eg. "There's somebody at the door. I'll be back in a few minutes" If you don't have time to do this and you find that the game has been held up when you come back put the relevant explanation in OOC chat - eg. "My computer threw a fit and I had to restart it."

c: OOC content in role playing threads which is permitted.

The best way of explaining it is by giving two examples. This one is from TechnoWraith in the Boris's Hive role playing thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....1&postcount=83

At the end of the post is -

(OOC: in reality, the event will post on tuesday, but the exact time won't likely be 7pm EST, US. But sometime in the late afternoon or evening).

If something in a role playing post requires an explanation, an explanation can be presented in the above format at the end of the post as long as it is short and precise. An explanation which requires more than this should be posted in OOC chat.

The second example is from Draco-Stellaris in the Boris's Hive role playing thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=191

(OOC: Have to leave now, don't know yet if I'll be online tonight because of the weekly horse riding.)

The above is immediately noticeable and saves people having to check OOC chat all the time in case somebody's left the game. Do not make an OOC comment at the bottom of your own post saying "Goodnight" or "By for now", though. If you want to say goodnight to someone leave a Visitor Message on his/her profile.

What do people think? Shall we try that for now when we have to leave the game? Should we also use OOC comments at the bottom of posts to explain sudden absences such as "My computer threw a fit" or would it be better to post explanations for unexpected absences in the OOC chat thread?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it's sometimes easier to make a OOC comment, since you may have vanished from only the one thread and only need to explain your sudden absence there.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it's sometimes easier to make a OOC comment, since you may have vanished from only the one thread and only need to explain your sudden absence there.
                            Your comment has helped me see a flaw in my cunning plan.

This is a multi role playing thread game and one player can have a few of their characters doing something on Boris's Hive while the rest are doing things on The Planet - we'll soon be having characters doing things in the Hive 95 thread as well. If a player has to leave the game for a long time it means he/she will have vanished from all the threads he/she has been posting in. The OOC message will have to be posted to all the threads a player is in just in case another player has all their characters in one thread and doesn't see an absence warning in another thread.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              Your comment has helped me see a flaw in my cunning plan.

This is a multi role playing thread game and one player can have a few of their characters doing something on Boris's Hive while the rest are doing things on The Planet - we'll soon be having characters doing things in the Hive 95 thread as well. If a player has to leave the game for a long time it means he/she will have vanished from all the threads he/she has been posting in. The OOC message will have to be posted to all the threads a player is in just in case another player has all their characters in one thread and doesn't see an absence warning in another thread.
                              Ah. In those sorts of cases then, I think posting here would be a wise move (so long as everyone one notices)
                              sigpic

Comment

Ah. In those sorts of cases then, I think posting here would be a wise move (so long as everyone one notices)
                                That would be OK for me because I have my thread subscription set to instant email notification.and use an email notifier which alerts me to new emails as soon as they come in. This means that I don't have to keep checking 'My Controls' to see if any new posts have been added to threads I'm subscribed to. People who don't use my system would have to keep checking via My Controls to make sure that nothing's been added to this thread.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X