Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

['Auinala Mahina snack shack]

"Uh, no. You can't prove anything. In fact, the only thing you've ever heard from us is our orders so far. These are not the droids you are looking for. Move along." Waving two fingers and stealing a certain Jedi Master's famous line, Devin bid the waiter adieu.

"As for parting with this little piece," Devin held the Kennedy up in a two-fingered grip, "it's gonna be in your company should I lose it, so it won't be getting very far from me."

"I dunno how to say this without restating the obvious, but... you know what I'm gonna say anyways, not like it's any big secret." Devin took Kylie's hands in his and whispered in an ironically conspiratorial voice, "I love you."

Comment

Kahana was somewhat puzzled by Devin's odd reaction to his attempt at a joke. But nonetheless he offered the man a smile in challenge. "I spent much of my time on the island while growing up, and did not venture to the mainland very often, so I do not know how you do things there. But I do know that on the island, Jedi mind tricks do not work on the akamai. Better luck next time haole."

Kylie had to stifle a laugh at Kahana's comeback. If had been her, she would have simply would have quoted directly from the movie, instead of personalizing it like he had done. But it wasn't too late to get her fun in, while they were exchanging lines from one of the most popular movies around the globe. She spoke to Kahana, and indicated Devin with a nod of her head when it was necessary. "Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the one you call haole."

The comment caused Kahana to let out a jovial laugh. "The wahine's strength flows for her ku`uipo. But beware. Once she starts down that path, forever will it dominate her destiny. Many great lessons, we can learn from these movies. Wouldn't you agree?"

Now it was Kylie's turn to be confussed. She had understood the native words Kahana had chosen to use, but had no idea why he was sharing the wisdom of the words with them. "Yes I would agree." She said slowly.

Before they could continue the conversation any further, Kahana turned and headed back for the kitchen. Once he was out of earshot, Kylie focused her full attention back on Devin. His comment about never being far from him, brought a smile to her face. "I really hope you're right about that." Realistically, she knew that if and when she was ever able to go off world with her team, they would be seperated for awhile.

Kylie instantly banished the thought from her mind at Devin's touch, and squeezed his hand gently. "Ka Honi Mai Me Ke Aloha. And with love is a kiss." She said first in Hawiian and then translated to English for Devin's benefit. Bending slowly toward him, she planted a small kiss on his cheek. A simple act, but one that promised there would be more to come later.

Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"You know what I mean. Short of getting a working healing device or a sarcophagus, I don't think you're going to be leaving this planet any time soon." Devin told her, nodding towards where her broken leg was, as a counter-point.

Devin's cheeks ever-so-lightly flushed a rosy color from the gentle kiss. "And also with love, is serenity. So sayeth the wise man, aka me."

((You won't get long posts. You'll NEVER get long posts. Muahahahahaha!))
        Last edited by Vampyr; 26 July 2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Kylie shruged at Devin's gentle reminder of her broken leg. She hadn't forgotten about it completely, but it was still depressing to think of it holding her back from going off-world with her team. Why had she ever volunteered to help clean up some of the damage after the 'quake? On second thought, if she hadn't volunteered, then she never would have met Devin. Or least, not as quickly. She supposed that she could handle the leg, if it meant falling in love too.

Devin's blush caused Kylie to smile even wider. "And who said you're such a wise man?" She challenged playfully.

Just then, Kahana returned from the kitchen with two plates of food and placed them in front of the two lovers who had decided to visit his restaurant that day. "Straight from the kitchen. Enjoy." He grinned at the two, and hurried away, not wanting to interrupt what was obviously a delicate love scence.

"Muhalo." Kylie told the man in thanks, before taking a bite of her choy bread.

Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"Who says I'm a wise man? I do for starters, and if that doesn't convince you, too bad, this is all the confirmation you're getting." Devin stuck his tongue at out Kylie. "After all, how many purported wise men were worshiped without any actual confirmation. So I therefore submit that I shall be treated as a man of infinite wisdom should I claim it."

Taking a bite of his meal, Devin smirked at his little joke. "Hmm... Maybe that could work."

Comment

Kylie gave Devin a quizzical look at his reasoning. "I'll give you that historically there have been alot of men worshiped who seemingly did not deserve it. But there was always something more to it. Some could preform magic tricks that led their followers to put some of their confidence in them. Others had philosphical and scientific theories that were ahead of their time. So, tell me, Sir Almodeus, what is it that you possess? The ability to create laughter in seemingly hopeless situation? Or is there more to you that you have yet to reveal?" Kylie challenged continuing the playful nature of their conversation.

Dear Journal

Comment

"Yes, I do have the powers of comedy at my disposal. There's also the fact that in strategic places in the base's ventilation system I've placed cans of psychotropic drugs that can bend other peoples' will to my own." Devin speared a piece of beef.

"Are you in? Or am I going to have to find another evil henchmen... er woman?"

Comment

"So that would explain the sudden urge I have to believe your every word, regardless of my own practicle knowledge. But I must ask, why share the secret now?" Kylie smiled shyly at the man she loved, and blinked a few times flirtatiously.

She ate a few bites of the macaroni salad, suprised at the richness of the dressing. Devin's next question was one that she had seen coming from the beginning, and she was prepared with an answer. "Oh, I think I'm already in far above my head. Couldn't go back now even if I wanted to. Now tell me, what's in it for me? As your first henchwoman, I do deserve something." Her voice had taken on an odd quality that she wasn't use to hearing in her own words, but one that she hoped Devin would appreciate. It wasn't her usual seriousness, but instead it was what she would have described as a girls-just-want-to-have-fun tone.

Dear Journal

Comment

"There's plenty of perks to being my right hand woman. There's the fact that you're one of the few attractive women I'll ever meet, not many of your type in my line of work." Devin fidgeted in his chair, body language returning the compliment. "I'm sure I could find a... Actually, I can't go into specifics because I'm not sure I could resist a Freudian slip, a horrible pun, or both." Devin was glad he'd caught himself before he'd said that bad an innuendo in public.

Comment

Kylie now felt that she was the one blushing. In an effort to hide the color on her cheeks, however, she quickly took another bite of the macaroni salad, and following Devin's lead changed the subject, before she was the one to say more than she meant to say in such a public place. "So, what's the plan for the rest of the day? A little window shopping, and then Jack's for a little more fun tonight."

Dear Journal

Comment

"Ahm, yeah that sounds like a plan. But what kind've fun you got planned? I doubt you'll be doing any sort of dancing as you are unless I've got a tighter grip on you than E. Coli has on our digestive systems." Devin took a gulp of his drink to break eye contact momentarily from yet another developing awkward conversation.

((Making sense- do I have to? ))

Comment

((below's where I last left him, somewhere on page 113))

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                          [Main Street, near Entrance]

"Have a good day, folks. Major - I would appreciate if you kept me up to date on the proceedings. I'm sure the mayor would appreciate it as well."
                          With a final tap on the hat, the Sheriff then turned around and headed back home, walking slowly. He was tired. It had been a looooong day. He looked forward to sleeping in tomorrow, then remembered he would have to check with the base for Dean's status. Hmmm. I'll have to phone them...

[Sheriff's Residence, main street]

Mike turned over in his hammock, and snored peacefully. It was driving Sandra mad. Usually she was quiet as a mouse, but today had been a very ennerving day. Ever since the chopper appeared she'd been frantic. And no one had thought to tell her what had happened. So naturally, she'd bugged Mike soon as he came home - finally. That had been at 2pm. Straight after, he had headed into the garden, and he had promptly fallen asleep.

Sandra sighed. There'd been a few calls already. Most came from Cooper's "inner circle", demanding to know what was going on. She had tried to politely tell them to shut it. But the last one... she had just slammed the receiver down. And ignored the next ring. And the next.

Determined, Sandra walked toward the hammock. There was but one man now to sort this mess out. Again, he was needed.

"Mike."

*snore*

"MIKE!"

*....*

"MIIIIKE! Don't let me get the cold water!"

*sno...* "Mwah... ?"

The Sheriff blinked away and looked at the lovely face of his wife. Its lines were edged with worry and distress. It made him feel almost guilty if he wasn't so filled up with cobwebs in his head.

"Finally," she hissed, seeing him awaken. "There is a whole town out there. They need you. You need to make house calls, Mike. I got a list."

And she threw him the notes she'd made about the first three calls and then turned and walked away, obviously angry.

Confused, Mike stared at her retreating back and the piece of paper, and back again. He finally read the names on it and groaned, now instantly awake.

He sighed deeply and stared at his hammock for a while, forlornly. From the kitchen window, Sandra watched, feeling guilty for waking him up. He'd obviously been worn out by today's events. She knew he wasn't the youngest anymore. Mike was nearing fifty, and he liked an afternoon nap. He always said it rejuvenated him.

Now calmer, she flashed him a soft smile as he came back in, reached for the hat and the belt, kissed her and left the house.

Sandra smiled again at the closed door, then returned to her housekeeping, wondering which needed more work, their house or the town.

Mike sighed deeply closing the fence. He looked at the paper again.

Alright. I'll pick door number one, Bob.

And he headed off to the "Auinala Mahina", to have a little word with its shop keeper.

Sheriff Mike Anderson

Comment

Kylie grimiced at the mental image that Devin's words brought to her mind. "I could really have done without the references to nasty bacterial infections while I eat." She teased him lightly. Returning to the orginal subject, however, she offered him a coy grin. "You'll just have to wait and see what I can do to have fun." And again, the conversation had taken an uncomfortable turn toward inappropriate.

"So, you know what this place reminds me of, besides the obvious of course." She said in an effort to change the subject. "In college, I had a friend that liked to collect seashells, and she decorated her entire dorm room with seashell wall paper and a seashell comforter and bed sheets. She even had a seashell lamp."

Dear Journal

Comment

"This place reminds me of home." Devin put a finger up. "Bear with me here. This place is bright, it's supposed to have a sort of tropical feel to it. Back home wasn't the case. Frigid was the best word to describe the place, pretty much 24/7/365 it was cold cold cold."

"This place reminds me of home because it's almost a complete one-eighty to it. Funny how stark a difference can still bring up thoughts of home."

Comment

"Believe it or not, in some strange way, that actually makes sense. The human mind is programmed to think of things in pairs, and a lot of the time those pairs are opposites. On, off. Hot, cold. That sort of thing. Missionaries on Earth were constantly faced with the harsh reality of meeting people who did without, and were painfully reminded that they would never know what that felt like, because they had always been one of the lucky ones who always had enough. I guess this is the same thing, only backwards." Kylie offered her opinion, and chewed the last few bites of her macoroni salad thoughtfully.

Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X