Foreston - Factory Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Jack's Bar}

Robert swallowed hard. There would have been no way he would have ever been able to write poetry about his parents, let alone even consider it. Yet, CJ obviously cared enough about hers to do so. Robert managed a weak smile. "Yeah. I'd like that."

Comment

[Jack's Bar]

CJ continued to stare at her plate of food. "I'm not really that hungry anymore." She looked up at Robert with gentle eyes that prompted him to state rather he was finished or not, and if so, what they should do next.
      Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

{Jack's Bar}

Robert shrugged. "I wasn't hungry to begin with, so I guess I'm done." He completely missed her expression, asking him what to do next. It took him a couple more seconds to question what they would indeed be doing next. "So, ah, what now?" He was tempted to make a suggestion, but left the subject alone.

((I'll probably be heading off to bed soon. Early day tomorrow.))

Comment

((Does Foreston have a hotel, bed and breakfast, or do they just camp out?))

[Jack's Bar]

CJ met Robert's eyes and smiled mischieviously. "Dancing?" She teased with a hint of humor in her voice. She hoped that Robert would catch the underlying meaning of what she had said.
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

((Ah, yeah, no idea.))

{Jack's Bar}

That was a line Robert remembered from before...and where it had lead. Unable to resist a small smirk, he came up with his reply. "Sure you don't want alcohol?" It was just as mischievous as CJ had been with her comment. It was a simple matter for Robert to return the favor.

Comment

((Um, Blue? Sharp? A little help here, maybe. ))

[Jack's Bar]

CJ laughed shortly at Robert's implication. "Yeah, I'm sure. I think that I would much rather remember everything in the morning." She had been drunk enough times to know that she would much rather be completely sober if they were really going to do what they had been considering all along.
              Dear Journal

Comment

{Jack's Bar}

Robert nodded. "Can't say I blame you." A faint smile was apparent on his visage. "Just say the word," he said, leaving it completely up to CJ as he gazed into her eyes.

((Sorry about leaving you hanging. Been kinda busy with work, dinner, and laptop shopping (Found a couple more intriguing options).))

Comment

((Been crazy here too. I'll be gone for another 30 minutes or so after this post as well. ))

[Jack's Bar---->Streets]

CJ met Robert's eyes, trying to decide something in her own mind. A small smile made it's way across her face, and a small twinkle of humor was evident in her eyes. She nodded her head slowly, but confidently. "Word." Her voice was soft, but it held all the conviction that would be needed for Robert to tell that she was being genuine. She was ready, it would be now or never. She waited for Robert to stand first, then stood and followed him back onto the town streets. She allowed him to lead her through the cool night, no words needing to be said between them. There was a small bed and breakfast not far from the bar, and she knew without asking that was where they were headed. It was where the base personnel always stayed during the occassional trip into Foreston.
                  Dear Journal

Comment

{Jack's Bar/Streets}

Robert laughed silently to himself. CJ had answered almost immediately. It was something he had wondered, how long she would be able to resist. Not that it would have been much different if she was the one requesting the word. Standing, Robert lead the way out into the night. They proceeded to the bed and breakfast in silence. Stopping before the structure, Robert knew that this was it. He met her eyes. It provided a final chance for either to back out.

((*Grumbles* Now I've reached an abrupt halt in my series. Having some difficulty with the dialogue between a main character and another guy. It just doesn't seem to flow as well as it should. *Runs off to do some major editing*))

Comment

[Street in front of B & B]

CJ took a deep breath, and met Robert's eyes one more time. Those were eyes that she could trust. Wordlessly, she reached over and took his hand into hers, but they made no move to enter the Bed and Breakfast. This was her last chance to turn away and run, to flee from the dangerous situation. If they entered that building tonight, there was no way that their working relationship would ever be the same. They would have to use extra caution, but they were the military, they were use to having to pretend about everything, even love. She released the breath slowly. "You sure you ready for this?" She checked one last time with Robert before making the move to enter the Bed and Breakfast.
                      Dear Journal

Comment

{Street}

Robert drew a deep breath. He had provided CJ a final chance to back out, and had been asked himself, in turn. But, how could he turn away from her? He had felt so sure before, still did, yet, if they went through with this, everything would change. Robert knew, though, that this was right. He felt it. Releasing the breath slowly, he nodded. "I'm sure," he replied, his gaze steady. He only hoped that his slight hesitation had gone unnoticed.

Comment

[B & B]

CJ swallowed and knew that Robert was feeling exactly the same thing that she was. But this was right, it had to be. She allowed Robert to hold the door open for her and the two stepped through into a spacious lobby area, still holding the other's hand in their own.

They were quickly shown to a room, and provided with everything that they would need for the night. The room was simple enough. It contained a small bathroom, a large bed, and what appeared to be an odd shaped hot tub in the corner. CJ smiled at seeing the tub. She noticed a small knob on the wall above the tub that would pressumably power the massaging motion that she liked so much about jacuzzis.

The two stood in the middle of the room, taking everything in for several minutes. CJ covered her mouth to stifle the beginings of a yawn. "Sorry, guess I'm more tired than I thought." She met Robert's eyes and smiled teasingly. "So, uh, you want to try out the hot tub first, or should we just, um..." She allowed her gaze to travel to the large bed in the center of the room, knowing that Robert would know what she meant.
                          Dear Journal

Comment

{B&B}

Following CJ's gaze to the bed, Robert finished her sentence. "Get right to it?" He grinned, recalling her yawn from earlier. "You seem pretty tired. Maybe we should just hold off on both," he teased, waiting to see just how CJ would react to that.

((Probably go to bed soon. I have to get up early again tomorrow. ))

Comment

[B & B]

CJ let go of Robert's hand and walked over to the side of the bed, sitting on the very edge of it, with her feet hanging over the edge. "You can't honestly tell me that you'd be able to just fall asleep after the past few days, and not be at least a little tempted to uh....you know." She was silent for a minute waiting for his re-action before continuing. "Besides, I'm never too tired to spend some quality time in a hot tub. You can join me, but if you're getting too tired, then I guess I'll just have to enjoy myself alone." She continued the friendly teasing that had started between the two of them. So far, the evening had been going well, she didn't want it to end so early, and hoped that she knew Robert well enough by this point to know which option he would choose.
                              Dear Journal

Comment

{B&B}

Robert nodded. With everything that had gone on between them the past few days, it was unlikely sleep would come that easily...to either of them. He had only been teasing, though. How was he supposed to resist CJ? "Very well. Your wish is my command," he replied with a bow.

((I believe that I will now try to break free of this addiction known as RP and head off to bed.))

Comment

Working...
                                X