General Blue's Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
    Kylie waited nervously as the General looked over the shipment schedule that the airman had brought to him. She almost squeeled like a Jr. High school girl in pig tails when the General announced that there was indeed a shipment coming from Foreston the next day. She bit her tongue and waited for the General to finish speaking before she reacted to the news.

"Yes Sir, I understand." She beamed at the General to show her appreciation. "Thank you so much for this, Sir. I'll stay in contact with Dr. Williams via e-mail and the linguists hub while we're away. I really do appreciate this, Sir, and if there's anything you ever need, I'll be glad to help however I can." She continued to grin widely and waited for the General to dismiss her, before she left to give Devin the good news. She didn't even mind so much that they had to wait an extra day, and it wouldn't be too much of a problem she hoped to find someone willing to bring them back to the base in a few days, if the price was right.
    Blue wished his own personal life could be aided so easily. "I would suggest that you work on your transport home as soon as you get to Foreston. The townsfolk don't come this way often."
    He decided to ask the Mayor about setting up a more formalized mode of transportation between the areas.
    "Now," he said with feigned impatience, "get out of here and let me get back to work."
    He waited until she stood up and added with a small smile, "And, Ms. Stevens, keep this to yourself, please. I don't want everyone assuming that they can 'hitch a ride' with official vehicles."
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

((Ack, what a time for the computer to go wonky? Should be fixed now. ))

Kylie smiled once more at the General as she prepared to leave the office. She nodded her head in acknowledgement of the General's request to let him get back to work. "Yes, Sir. And I'll pass that message along to Devin as well. Thank you agian, Sir."

She re-balanced her weight between the two crutches and headed out of the General's office, pausing briefly at the airman's desk to request her leave passes to Foreston, as well as some military scrip so that she and Devin would be able to arrange for a ride back to the base.

The airman handed the linguist the requested items. "Here you go Ma'am. Leave passes to Foreston beginning tomorrow, complete with the official ok from the General to ride in the supply truck to get there. The deliverys are pretty early in the morning, so just don't be late, or it will leave you behind. And....500 scrip. Have a good time, Ma'am." The airman winked at Kylie to let her know that she was lucky and to never agian expect this kind of exception to be made by the General.

"Thank you so much." Kylie said as she accepted the items that the airman handed her. She double checked the leave passes to be sure that everything was in order then folded the items and put them into her pocket for easy access, and where she would not lose them.

She smiled at the other two women who still waited in the outer office. She knew that she didn't have to say a word to Nat for her to know that everything had worked out ok after all. She checked the clock on the General's wall and decided that she would let Devin sleep a little longer before talking to him, in the mean time, she could try to get some more work done in the linguistics lab. "I'll see you both later. I've got some work to finish up in the lab before leaving, otherwise I'd stick around and chat some more."

There was a slight spring to Kylie's hobble, if that was possible, as she headed toward the elevators.

<<To Linguistics Lab>>

Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan View Post
        [Outer Office]

A few moments later, Kylie stood and left towards the inner office. Natasha gave her a big encouraging smile. She hopped Kylie would get what she wanted and when things started to look promising, she smiled again and sighed. Now she focused her attention on Claire. She went and took a seat next to Claire once she sat down again after handing the notepad back to Perris.

"Wanna talk about it? You looked pretty jumpy during our conversation."
        Natasha simply asked in a friendly tone, knowing she'd get a negative answer, but she felt she had to ask anyway for her conscience. She carefully chose her words not to reveal anything in case Claire didn't know. It didn't take a psychic to know that something really bad was troubling Claire's mind.

Claire smiled at Natasha, "Am I that obvious?" she asked, realizing since she was, it was something she couldn't help herself with. The whole mission had left her all shaken, confused and with question without answer.

She maybe unexperienced in the world regarding the Gate, but she was still young with enough mind of her own to deal with it. She tried, and look where she ended up.

Looking at Nat thoughtfully, she was about to speak when Blue's office door opened, losing her words she was going to say, Davis settled for, "I would very much like that but right now, it's not the time nor the place." she spoke low enough for Natasha to hear.

Seeing Kylie come out, Claire sat waiting where she was.

Comment

(( Okay, I'm going to start the process of rolling up the Bisenti story. Sorry, SR. Claire is going to have to wait longer. ))

After Stevens left, Nick read the other scrap of paper that Perris gave him. "Great, someone got a night's sleep."
          He rubbed a knuckle over his jaw, feeling the slight stubble there. At least I can look like I've not been up all night.
          The general went to the outer office and stopped by the desk, "Perris ... Galen, I'll be gone for about 15 minutes. Please ask Dr. Aaronson and Colonel Marshall to meet me up here. They'll know why."
          The other man unobtrusively pointed to waiting area, "Shall I schedule them for tomorrow, sir?"
          "Please." He walked over to where Claire was sitting, "Lt. Davis, I'm sorry to keep putting you off but, we have a situation that's taking precedence over almost everything. You'll be first on the list for tomorrow. Airman Perris will give you the time."
          From the look on Davis' face, whatever she wanted to discuss wasn't going to be quick.

<< to Quarters >>
          sigpic

Comment

(( ah Ackers but that's okay ))

Outter Office

She looked at Blue, calmly listened to what he said, Tomorrow? Ah well!! In this way she could get her words sorted out. She would speak to her CO, once the process of the transfer was already under way. She doubted Sharp would try stopping it.

Inhaling deeply she nodded, "Yes, sir," her voice way oddly enough controlled, and she managed a small smile, "first thing in the morning." Hopefully.

Claire turned to Nat, "I guess we got time for talk unless you don't," she commented, "and have other commitments."

Comment

Perris made a call and dispatched two runners to find Aaronson and Marshall. Then he looked over Blue's schedule for the next day.
              "Lt. Davis," he said, trying to catch her attention, "The General will be back by 1100 tomorrow. I've put you in first for the day."

(( Does anyone know where the heck Gus is? ))
              sigpic

Comment

((He's in Mess Hall))

Outer Office

At Perris's voice Claire got her feet, nodded to the other man, "Thank you Perris. I'll be here in time." She would be. This was something she wanted it to get done and over with.

Tucking a hand in her pocket to make sure her little note was still there, finding it she gave a mental nod to herself. Titling her head towards Nat, "I'll wait outside should you still want to talk."

Comment

[Outer Office]

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                  She smiled at the other two women who still waited in the outer office. She knew that she didn't have to say a word to Nat for her to know that everything had worked out ok after all. She checked the clock on the General's wall and decided that she would let Devin sleep a little longer before talking to him, in the mean time, she could try to get some more work done in the linguistics lab. "I'll see you both later. I've got some work to finish up in the lab before leaving, otherwise I'd stick around and chat some more."
                  Natasha smiled back at Kylie as if saying 'You got it, girl'. "See you, Kylie. I've got somewhere to put my nose at too. Not that I was actually invited, I kinda invited myself..." She said.

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                  Claire smiled at Natasha, "Am I that obvious?" she asked, realizing since she was, it was something she couldn't help herself with. The whole mission had left her all shaken, confused and with question without answer.
                  "Yes and no. You're clearly nervous about something though and I'm very perceptive even when I'm not...." She trailed off in the end. What was she supposed to say? Reading you? "I just thought that talking it out could help, but I understand if it's a personal matter you don't want to discuss with a total stranger. Unless you know me more than I know you somehow, which means you have an advantage over me." She added with a joke at the end that just didn't sound as funny after the deal with Kylie from minutes ago.

Looking at Nat thoughtfully, she was about to speak when Blue's office door opened, losing her words she was going to say, Davis settled for, "I would very much like that but right now, it's not the time nor the place." she spoke low enough for Natasha to hear.

"I understand."
                  Natasha said and nodded to Claire in a affirmative way.

Claire turned to Nat, "I guess we got time for talk unless you don't," she commented, "and have other commitments."
                  "I don't really have to be anywhere and the person that is waiting for me will get so distracted in work that she won't notice if I get there 15 minutes later." She said honestly.

Tucking a hand in her pocket to make sure her little note was still there, finding it she gave a mental nod to herself. Titling her head towards Nat, "I'll wait outside should you still want to talk."
                  Natasha raised a respectful finger. "No need. I'm going with you now if you want. I didn't come to see Blue anyway. So I'm not even frustrated at the situation." She said honestly and stood up as Claire did. "Where to?" She asked as they crossed the doorway out of the General's Office.

Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Outer Office

Claire sighed and nodded at Nat, "How about the basketball court?" she asked wanting to get out the base for a bit. Usually she didn't mind staying indoors and with her beloved work.

But right now she found no comfort in her work. "I have no desire to stay in the base for a bit. Fresh air could help." The last line was added absently as she walked out he office and into the hallway.

<< To Hanger bay>>

Comment

[Outer Office]

"That's great." Natasha answered with a smile. She knew she had to do everything possible to cheer Claire up a bit.

"Fresh air is always a good idea. It and the nature outdoors helps us to put things into perspective. The problems seem smaller outside." She said offering her perception.

<< To Hanger bay>>

(( OOC - Sorry, last post for the night. I'm almost falling from the chair due to currently being a sleepyhead. ))
                      Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

<< from Mess Hall >>
                        Danny Marshall figuratively dragged himself into the General's office and over to the file cabinets in the corner. Without a word to Perris, he rummaged around in the bottom drawer until he found what he needed. Standing up with the bottles of painkillers and eyedrops in his hand, he growled to Perris, "Can you run that stupid machine? I need a double dose of the good stuff."
                        The airman jumped to his feet and went to the coffee maker, "Yessir. I can't make it do a double but, I can make you two cups."
                        "Whatever," Marshall sighed, "Just give me something." He sat one bottle on the edge of the desk and tilted his head back to apply the eyedrops, hissing as they stung his bleary eyes.
                        "Here you go, Colonel," Perris took the drops from Marshall's hand and replaced them with the steaming cup.
                        Not caring that it was really too hot to drink, the other man gulped down the contents. Maybe the pain will keep me awake. The second cup he sipped, taking the aspirin.
                        "Thanks, Perris. You're a lifesaver," Marshall said as he went to Nick's door, "He back yet?"

Lt. Col. Danny Marshall - Head of Security
                        You're never too old to do something goofy.
                        sigpic
                        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

<< from the Mess >>

Gus walked in and spotted Danny gulping down coffee and aspirin. On closer inspection, he looked tired and bleary-eyed, and the small bottle of eyedrops in his hand didn't escape Gus's attention.

"Don't make me put you on medical leave for exhaustion," he told the lieutenant colonel sternly. "You look like hell, Danny."

Comment

"I second that opinion, Colonel. I've ordered one person to get some sleep today, you could be number 2."
                            Perris jumped, startled at the general's sudden appearance. Mykonos is right, he should wear a bell.
                            Blue led the way to his office and sat behind his desk. "Danny, was the eyestrain worth it?"
                            Perris came in with 2 more cups of coffee and a cup of chai. "I'll hold your calls, sir. Mayor Goodwin has acknowledged that you may be late for the meeting."
                            "Thank you, Galen. Good job."
                            After the airman left and shut the door, Nick said, "Alright guys, how do we do this?"
                            sigpic

Comment

Marshall blinked and wiped the moisture seeping from his eyes. "Yes, it was well worth it."
                              He dug into his leg pocket and pulled out a few sheets of paper. "He was the only person in the stairwell at the time Hawkins was assaulted. I've also got some other footage of him harrassing other women. Nothing prosecutable in and of itself but, enough to establish his behaviour patterns."
                              He took a deep drink of his third cup of coffee in last 5 minutes.

Lt. Col. Danny Marshall - Head of Security
                              You're never too old to do something goofy.
                              sigpic
                              Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Nick flipped through the notes with satisfaction, "Excellent. Good job, Danny."
                                His ammunition safely tucked away, he turned to Gus, "How is everyone doing this morning? I understand Bisenti took a hostage and shot an SF? More fuel for the fire."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X