No announcement yet.

General Blue's Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claire hopped into the outer area of Blue's office, giving Cal a nod and noticing a close door, "Busy day huh?" she asked as she shifted on her feet and took a seat.

So far it seemed Blue had been in two meetings and who knew countless other base personals coming in and going, sighing she dropped her head back, on her seat, "I'll wait. I got nothing better to do anyway other than go bored out my mind," she cracked a half grin. And help Ashwood out.

Which she knew wouldn't take too long, after that she might watch a lame DVD out of the collection that was in the lounge just for the heck of it. She could either go bored out her mind in the infirmary or by watching a boring movie. The latter suited her more, decided on that she racked her brain out for a movie she could watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
      Jen entered the inner office, standing firmly at attention. General Blue didn't sound furious, but her ears were still ringing from Colonel Sharp, so her perception might be off.

"Major Stevens, reporting as ordered, sir." She saluted properly, this was not the time to let courtesies slip. After a return, she tried to explain. "Colonel Sharp ordered me to see you, sir, after a bad opening to SG-5's training mission. I didn't intend to alert the entire base, I honestly never thought anybody else would respond, sir."
      "At ease, Major," Blue said lightly, "So, Col. Sharp hustled up there, too?"
      He got up and walked around the desk to sit on the corner, "I didn't expect you to make a base-wide intercom call. Using your team's radio frequency would have been a better idea. Out of idle curiosity, how many people showed up?"
      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
      sigpic

Comment

Jen stood at ease, but toyed with her wedding ring while her hands were overlapped behind her back.

"3/4 of the SFs, several of the 302 squadron, various other personnel, all but one from my team, several members of SG-1, SG-2's commander came in from outside. A lot of people, sir. Lt. Hughes barely beat the SFs, but he had warning, sir."

"There's a lot of ways I could have done this a little better and still tested their reaction time, sir. Still kicking myself."
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Yes, there were," Nick agreed, "and next time you'll think of them, Major."
          He stood up and, with a touch on Jen's shoulder, herded her toward the door, "Consider yourself suitably chastised ... this time."
          Blue reached around her to open the door, "Oh, by the way," he tapped his own chest, "You told the one person you really needed to tell. I assumed you were taking them out before starting the exercise. My mistake as well."
          Last edited by Gen Blue; 23 December 2007, 03:32 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Jen was surprised that she wasn't getting round two. "I will, sir. On both counts." Jen backed out of the office, ready to go back to the surface and meet with her team. If they did what training told them to do, they should be on line for a possible ambush. 'Should be interesting to see how they've started. God help my second if she still hasn't appeared.'

"I promise we'll go very far away, sir, and everyone will come back in one piece." She paused, analyzing that in light of the weird stuff they got into. "That is, five separate pieces." Very far away seemed like a very good idea.

((to Hangar Bay))
            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

After Major Stevens departed, the General's inbox chimed indicating he'd received a new mail from a department head.

General Blue: After evaluating the performance of Hutchinson's combo weapon design based upon his mission reports and my own independent testing, I feel it's ready for more expanded testing at the SG-team/marine squad level. I have approximately ten of the zat mounting brackets completed, with parts on hand to fabricate a couple dozen more. It seems at least some of SG-4 as well as a few other individuals seem to be interested in firing range testing, possibly field manuever training tests as well. It's my recommendation that we proceed pending your approval. Also, in order to expedite paperwork on the new weapon, I've tentatively called it the "Z-90" to reflect it's hybrid nature as well as simplify requistion forms, again pending your approval, sir.

Respectfully Submitted,
              Sgt. Dean Andrews, Alpha Site Armorer

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

(("Z-90"? You actually used "Z-90"? ))

Comment

(( Hold off on showing up in the office for a little bit. I've got two other things that need doing before Nick sees anyone else. ))

Callista sighed, "Way, way busy. Get comfortable. The general has two people in front of you."
                  She watched as Major Stevens came out and hurried into the office before anyone else could. "General, there's someone waiting for you in the holding room," she said as fast as possible.
                  Nick stopped and sat on the edge of his desk, "Who is it and why are they in the holding room?"
                  "A Brian Hunt from Foreston," Cal quickly filled him in on who that was and what he wanted.
                  "Just what we need," Nick commented sarcastically, "The NID."
                  He moved around to sit in his chair, "He's waited this long, he can wait until we get done here."
                  Cal sat on the other side of the desk, asking, "You want me to negotiate with the Iberians? As the chief negotiator?"
                  "Absolutely," Blue answered as he passed over his notes, "This is what you need to talk about."
                  The woman read the pages, "I see why Major Howard isn't with us for this. I'm sure the Iberians will be happy to help her."
                  She read a little farther before slapping the papers down, "You want to do what? With all due respect sir and, speaking strictly as a female, that ain't gonna fly. None of us are going to abandon our posts just because we're pregnant."
                  Nick rubbed a hand down his face, "We need the option, Cal. A bolt hole in case we're attacked again."
                  Cal leaned over the desk and said firmly, "I'm. Not. Going. Period."
                  Blue put his face inches from hers, "If you're pregnant with my child, you're not staying here during an attack. None of the women will."
                  She glared at Nick, "You'll have a fight to make us go. We'll discuss this at another time, though."
                  Leaning back, Cal picked up the papers and straightened them out, "I'll get you your bolt hole, sir."
                  "Thank you," Nick said sincerely, "That's all I ask. The option to bolt. Have you picked your team?"
                  "I have and we'll be ready to go as soon as I can change clothes. I'm going as Lady Callista, the others will be in Class A's."
                  The man reached out to gently squeeze her hand, "You'll be great. I don't know anyone who can do the job better."
                  "I'll do what I can," Cal pulled her hand free, "That's all I can promise."
                  "That's all I can ask." Nick sat back, not wanting to push the discussion. "You have a go, Lady Callista."
                  sigpic

Comment

(( double post ))

Mykonos entered her section of the office and picked up the ringing phone. After a moment, she hung up and walked back to Blue. "Sir, Mr. Hunt is demanding to see you immediately."
                    Nick checked his schedule and sighed in exasperation, "Fine. Major Johnson missed her appointment. He can have some of her time. Send him up."
                    "Colonel Marshall is with him now," Cal advised, "neither of us have a good feeling."
                    "Great," Blue growled, "Have them both come up then."
                    "Yes, sir." She turned to go, "Watch your back ... sir."
                    "Always. You too."
                    "Always."

A quick phone call to the SF and Cal shut down her computer. "Lt. Davis, the General has to see someone else first. You can stay here or you can come back in 30 - 45 minutes. He knows you're here."

sigpic

Comment

Claire turned her head when Cal came back out, hearing that she had another 30 to 45 minutes of waiting, she got to her feet used the crutches, "I'll come back, just gimme a buzz when he's ready to see me," she smile at Cal.

She didn't want come back and find out Blue was still busy, putting her talk off for bit more longer suited her just fine. "I'll see you later then," and ambled off towards the lounge.

Just help me out here dad
                      , she asked silently.

<<Back to Lounge >>

Comment

Sharp came up to Blue's office just to hear Claire's last words.
                        "Oh, busy eh?" He looked down the hall to Cal. "Mention me if you could, nothing urgent." He gave her the thumbs up and jogged back down the stairs
                        sigpic
                        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Brian walked up to the General's office with SF in tow and over to the Sergeant he had seen before "I believe the General is expecting me?"

Comment

<< from Briefing Room >>

"Sorry to stop you, Sergeant," Marshall said courteously since the woman was obviously on her way out, "Per General Blue's request, Mr. Hunt to see him."

Lt. Colonel Danny Marshall - Head of Security
                            You're never too old to do something goofy.
                            sigpic
                            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Callista looked up from where she was scribbling a note about Colonel Sharp. "Colonel. Mr. Hunt," she acknowledged them, "I'll let him know that you're here."
                              She took the two notes, Lt. Davis' and Sharp's, into the office. "Yes, I'm going right now," she answered the unasked question, "Colonel Marshall and Mr. Hunt."
                              "Send them in and plant Perris at your desk. He can sit inside as well as in the hall." Nick put away the sensitive material and some of his personal possessions lying on the desk.
                              The woman stopped by the doorway and gestured them in, "Gentlemen, please."
                              Once out in the hall, she told the SF on duty, "You've been promoted temporarily. Answer the phone, screen visitors and keep a close eye on what's happening in the General's office."
                              "Yes, Ma'am ... Sergeant." Airman Perris came in and sat at attention behind Cal's desk. Why did I switch with Jerry today? The monitor room is safely boring. If anything happens to him, she'll skin me alive.

<< to Quarters >>

Last edited by Gen Blue; 12 October 2007, 03:22 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Brian walked into the Generals office a bit nervous but was able to hide it very well"Hello General, as you obviously know by now my name is Brian Hunt, Special Agent Brian hunt to be specific. I wanted to thank you for fitting me into your busy schedule"

Comment

Working...
                                X