General Blue's Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
    Blue shook his head and grinned, "Yes. The human body still needs regular downtime." He waved Bellano away, "You go get some, Ray. That's an order."
    Ray Bellano

Ray grinned, feeling a little to tired to make too much of a joke out of it

"Yessir, although breakfast is going to come first." best to fall asleep on his plate than be kept up by the noise from his stomach. He felt a twang of guilt, Tracey would feel a little more vulnerable, even with Bisenti locked up. And he was the only one who knew in the Hanger Bay crew, so there would be no support from them.

Apologies will have to wait. I'm not much use if I'm falling asleep on my feet. She's managed this far, one more day can't make much difference.

With that in mind he headed to the Mess.

-To Mess Hall-

"I once thought it better to be right
    But now I have finally seen the light
    Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
    I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
    Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

[Outer Office]

Hearing what the General said to the airman at the desk, Kylie felt a small hint of guilt at bothering the already busy General. But it was only going to take a minute for her to ask what she had come to the office to ask. She grabbed one of her crutches from against the wall and pulled herself up to stand so that she would be able to get the General's attention before he had a chance to step back into his office or the airman could ask her to leave.

"Sir, if I may. I know that you're really busy, but I just have one really quick request. It will only take a minute. And then I promise, you can get back to your work." Kylie gave General Blue a kind, hopefully smile that would let him know that she was being sincere with her request.

Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

The general glanced over to Kylie, wondering what she could possibly want. He held up two fingers, "Two minutes, Ms. Stevens. Only because Dr. Aaronson and Col. Marshall aren't here yet."
        The man waited for her to precede him into the office.
        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

Kylie hobbled into the General's office and waited for the man to take a seat behind his desk before speaking. "Sir, thank you for seeing me. I'll make this quick. I was recently injured in an accident on sublevel 10, and am under the care of Dr. Svensson due to some resulting infections. But I really just feel like I need to get off the base for a few days and go to Foreston. I've already spoken to Dr. Svensson and she has approved me medically, under the condition that I see the nurse there to moniter my injuries. I also have an open invitation to stay in Dr. Williams home as needed while I'm there. The only other thing preventing me from leaving are these crutches. It's not a good idea to try to hobble one's way all the way to Foreston. So, I was wondering, if you would approve the use of a humvee? It would only be a short trip to get there, and an SF could bring it right back to the base, and I would radio when I was ready to leave. Please, sir? I would really appreciate it. I understand that normally the humvees are for emergency use only and that fuel is a valuable resource now, but there's no other way for me to get to Foreston." Kylie smiled sweetly at the General, hoping that there was some way that he would allow her to take the humvee to Foreston. She really needed a couple days to herself and this was the only way to do it.

Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Blue leaned back in his chair and laced his fingers over his stomach. "Ms. Stevens, why should you be privledged to get a ride to Foreston? Even I walk unless it's an emergency."
            He leaned forward and placed a hand, palm up, on his desk, "Do you have some source of fuel for the vehicles that the rest of us don't know about?"

(( Actually, the F302s don't use the same fuel as the humvees. They use aviation fuel and the hummers use diesel. ))
            sigpic

Comment

Kylie swallowed hard and met the General's eyes. "Sir, with all due respect, I don't think that I deserve any special privialeges and under normal circumstances I would be happy to walk. But these aren't normal circumstances." She tilted her head in the direction of her broken leg.

Kylie looked down at her feet for a minute as she listened to the General speak. "No sir. I don't know anything about fuel sources." Her voice was quiet and she met the General's eyes once more. She bit the inside of her cheek knowing that the General was ready to deny her request. She wasn't sure how she would handle the denial. Right now the most important thing to her was to get away from the base where she would have a chance to clear her head, and think about things a little better.

Dear Journal

Comment

Nick studied the woman's downcast expression and asked gently, "You were planning on going with someone, weren't you?"
                sigpic

Comment

Kylie didn't know what part of her body language had given away her disappointment at not being able to spend the time with Devin, but she nodded anyway. "Yes, sir, I was. You'll probably hear about it eventually, so I'll go ahead and tell you now before you hear about it from someone else. Dr. Devin Almodeus and I have started to talk as more than just friends." She didn't go into any details, hoping that the statement was enough to answer the General's question.

Dear Journal

Comment

"I guess it was none too soon to revise the regulation then, hmmm?" Nick looked away from Kylie for a moment, thinking about options.
                    "Mr. Perris," he said, raising his voice slightly.
                    Perris appeared at the door, remembering the admonishment earlier about the meaning of 'aide', "Yessir?"
                    Blue held up a finger to Stevens, telling her to hold it a moment. "Mr. Perris, check the schedule for shipments to Foreston, please."
                    "Right away, sir." The man vanished and they could hear the tip-tap of computers keys.
                    sigpic

Comment

Kylie smiled slightly and blushed at the General's mention of changing the regs. It was true that the change had come just in time to give her and Devin a chance to start a relationship without any reprecussions of doing so. As long as they kept it to Foreston and their leave time.

She watched as he called to the airman that had been sitting at the desk in the outer office and spoke to him briefly. She didn't want to get her hopes up too high just in case it didn't work out, but she was very greatful to the General for at least considering the options that would help her get to Foreston. Butterflies were going crazy in her stomach and her heart lept at the possibilities. But she continued to smile as they waited in anticipation to discover what the airman could find on his computer.

Dear Journal

Comment

Outer Office

Claire saw Blue walk out of office after Bellano, she heard his words and winced. She noted he was still Blue, sounded and acted like the General she knew, aside from the fact he was blended.

Looking at Kylie in surprise, she gave a small smile, getting to her feet she walked to over Cal's desk, "Mind if I leave a note for the General?" she asked Perris.

He nodded and handed her a yellow writing pad and a pencil, then got back his work he was doing. Taking them out his hands, she walked over to her chair again, thinking of way to put her request on the paper. She knew it was something she had to do face to face.

But till such time, she would have to leave the note with Perris. She looked at the blank paper again as she tapped the pencil to her cheek.

Comment

Airman Perris came back into the office and handed Blue two small pieces of paper. "The shipment schedule and a message from the brig, sir."
                          "Thank you, Mr. Perris."
                          "Galen ... sir." He turned to go.
                          "Thank you, Galen," Nick repeated and turned back to Kylie. "There's a shipment of supplies coming in from Foreston tomorrow. You and Dr. Almodeus can ride over with the truck doing the pick-up. You'll have to hire transport back to the base, however."

Perris sat back at Cal's desk and relaxed, pleased that the general wasn't so mad at him that he wouldn't use his first name. It always made him nervous when the brass got formal.
                          sigpic

Comment

Outter Office

She noted Perris getting up and blinked for moment, when the man returned after minute Claire looked back at the blank page on the writing pad in her lap. Sighing she jotted down her request.
                            Spoiler:

Sir,

I would like to request a official transfer from SG-1 to another SG team if possible.

Regards
                            Claire Davis

She tore the note off and folded the piece of paper neatly. Getting up, she walked over to Perris, "Ma'am would like me to pass the note along to the General?" he asked, already seeing the note going into her pocket.

Claire shook her head, "I'll wait and see if General Blue can spare if more minutes. If he's unable to spare some time I'll pass the note to him."

Then made her way back to her seat and waited. Trying not to worry, if Blue went to see Sharp right after reading the note. Seeing the Colonel's reaction in her mind, she bit her lip, he was the only one around the base left other then herself from SG-1.

Comment

Kylie waited nervously as the General looked over the shipment schedule that the airman had brought to him. She almost squeeled like a Jr. High school girl in pig tails when the General announced that there was indeed a shipment coming from Foreston the next day. She bit her tongue and waited for the General to finish speaking before she reacted to the news.

"Yes Sir, I understand." She beamed at the General to show her appreciation. "Thank you so much for this, Sir. I'll stay in contact with Dr. Williams via e-mail and the linguists hub while we're away. I really do appreciate this, Sir, and if there's anything you ever need, I'll be glad to help however I can." She continued to grin widely and waited for the General to dismiss her, before she left to give Devin the good news. She didn't even mind so much that they had to wait an extra day, and it wouldn't be too much of a problem she hoped to find someone willing to bring them back to the base in a few days, if the price was right.

Dear Journal

Comment

[Outer Office]

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                                "Morning, Ma'am" Claire greeted Natasha, as she tried to close her mind of to her thoughts, without being rude to Nat. The woman's counterpart had been kind, so Davis felt she owned this Bystronski a slight chat on the behalf of the twin. She would, once her mind was settled and at peace, right now Claire wasn't sure if it was a right moment to spring the topic up.
                                Natasha gave Claire a small smile and a nod. The other woman had some sense of familiarity towards her that Natasha didn't share. Was it possible that her mind went loose on Claire as it did on Kylie? Was that the reason she couldn't remember Claire, but she could remember her? She decided to free her mind of questions and let this whole thing slide for a while and simply join the two women in conversation as she amazingly managed to do what Claire had asked. Stay out of her mind.

"Otherwise, I'm..." she shifted in her seat, "dealing. Still feel drained thou." The mission hasn't been easy at all.
                                'What mission? Maybe the AU one?' She thought to herself, but resisting her curiosity to find out or ask about it. 'Maybe she just met my AU version. I wonder what kind of b**ch she was for Ryn to have such strong feelings about her. Oh well, I guess this conversation may tell, if I play my cards right....' She continued to think as Kylie and Claire were talking.

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                                Kylie shook her head when the other linguist revealed that she had spent the night sleeping in the lounge. "The rest of the base probably thinks that linguists aren't even issued quarters. I mean with you crashing in the lounge, and the rest of us up to all hours in the lab most nights...." She smiled slightly to show that she was only teasing.
                                "Scientist and sympathizers too. All the geeks have a tendency to get overwhelmed by their work when they go head first into it." She offered her two cents on the conversation topic.

Kylie knew exactly what the other woman meant by feeling drained, and nodded her head slightly at the comment. "I guess we could all use a little more rest sometimes."
                                "Ditto." Natasha simply said with a sharp military like nod.

Claire gave a light laugh at Kylie's words, "Oh, I have quarters, FYI. I wasn't sleepy when I went to watch a DVD. I think half way through the movie I ended up fast asleep. But lets be glad that my CO didn't find me snoozing on the couch. I would have ended up in my quarters alot more faster than my protest would have had a chance to come out." She knew Sharp only pulled ranks when it was needed. Internally she found herself frustrated again. Crap.
                                "So it must have been a pretty bad movie to draw you to the dreamland." Natasha said joking.

Forcing her mind to stay on the talk she was having,"A little extra rest doesn't hurt, but when do we ever listen? Certainly not me." she gave a wink back, glad that this light talk was helping a bit. As long as AU or Sharp weren't the part of the topic.
                                "Oh, now, we just wouldn't be human if we listened every time our bodies tried to tell us something. Da Nile isn't just a river in Egypt, after all." Kylie inwardly cringed that she had repeated the phrase that she thought had sounded so uneducated everytime that she had heard it back in college.
                                "Maybe you should. Though I have to confess I don't listen too much to the whole 'You gotta sleep' talk. I already totally skipped it this night. Again!" She continued also pleased by the flow of the talk. Nothing important or painful was being brought up. Though Claire was still pretty jumpy all around.

Deciding that a new subject was needed, Kylie came up with the only thing that she could think of to ask. "I seem to remember you mentioning a project that you were working on back in the infirmary. A tablet of some kind? How's that coming along? Anything new yet?"
                                'Why do we fall back to the work topic or joking whenever we would prefer not to be talking at all. These two are so... trapped. OMG! I hope they sort it out. Isn't there a shrink on this base? There must be. All this wrapped emotions cannot be good. I know from experience. Maybe I can slip a small unnamed note to such psychologist. That's something to consider....' She thought as she listened to the other two women. An idea began to form in her mind. Maybe she could use her gift to help the people on the base like Kylie mentioned she should, but wouldn't this be interfering as much as reading their minds to pick up the cause of their emotional discomfort? Maybe Natasha herself needed to talk with the base's psychologist to get a grasp on all this mess. That was another question to consider.

"Yes it's a table copy I got out if my mission," she nodded as she straightened up, "I haven't been in the mood to go back to it, but its coming a bit slow, that's expected. I'm going to try translating it in parts first and then see how it works out as a while. Some of it makes no sense."
                                Natasha heard with attention the description of Claire's latest object of work. 'So her mission was indeed the AU one. OK. She met AU me. Do I really want to know about this?' She asked herself mentally as Claire continued to talk.

"It's more easier to run away from it than face it," and she to herself wasn't talking about the translations, for Kylie it would about the Tablet.
                                'That's so true....Am I running away too?' Natasha mused in her mind without saying anything out loud. She simply nodded with a friendly smile to both women to state her agreement while passing a hand through her hair.

Hearing what the General said to the airman at the desk, Kylie felt a small hint of guilt at bothering the already busy General. But it was only going to take a minute for her to ask what she had come to the office to ask. She grabbed one of her crutches from against the wall and pulled herself up to stand so that she would be able to get the General's attention before he had a chance to step back into his office or the airman could ask her to leave.
                                A few moments later, Kylie stood and left towards the inner office. Natasha gave her a big encouraging smile. She hopped Kylie would get what she wanted and when things started to look promising, she smiled again and sighed. Now she focused her attention on Claire. She went and took a seat next to Claire once she sat down again after handing the notepad back to Perris.

"Wanna talk about it? You looked pretty jumpy during our conversation."
                                Natasha simply asked in a friendly tone, knowing she'd get a negative answer, but she felt she had to ask anyway for her conscience. She carefully chose her words not to reveal anything in case Claire didn't know. It didn't take a psychic to know that something really bad was troubling Claire's mind.

Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 23 November 2007, 04:12 PM.
                                Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X