No announcement yet.

Briefing Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The only way they're going to work together is to give them a common adversary. And I'm going to be that adversary.' Jen gave a haughty snort, "Centurion, your 'us' and 'them' attitude is a drawback to fighting the gods, but laudable if you want to continue to be slaves to the gods who cultured that attitude. As I always said, 'They spurn and squabble with each other, they won't notice they're all cannon fodder for us.' " Jen laid back in her chair.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
      'The only way they're going to work together is to give them a common adversary. And I'm going to be that adversary.'
      ((Um... this is Gaius speaking, I presume? It seems like he's all the sudden against working together but maybe I'm confused, so I'll just go with it.))

Sophrus snorted in disdain at Gaius' comment. "We have enough trouble with the Goa'uld as an adversary, working to undermine them without disclosing our own. We have come this far without the help of the Free Romans, and will continue without them if they are unwilling to accept our support," he told MacDoreign in Goa'uld.

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
      Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
      (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Ka'te took off her glasses and rubbed the bridge of her nose. Just when it seemed like everything was going well, people had to pull rank. That was why she had loved working in the Stargate Program, because people there understood that there were more important things than how many bars were on your jacket. Now that Gaius and Sophrus knew about each other, an argument between them could shatter the rebellion among the Romans. She had to get them to agree to something.

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

((OOC I think 'The only way they're going to work together is to give them a common adversary. And I'm going to be that adversary.' was jen thinking, due to the format she used.))

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
            ((OOC I think 'The only way they're going to work together is to give them a common adversary. And I'm going to be that adversary.' was jen thinking, due to the format she used.))
            ((Well, yeah, it was in 'thought' format. But if that's the case, it makes no sense. So that's what I'm asking. Because they already have a common adversary, it doesn't seem to be working, and the last thing they probably need is for their moderators to become their adversaries. So, um Jen? Help.))

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

"You do realize she's laughing in her grave right now? By spurning each other, you are doing what the gods want." Jen rested her arms on the table and ran her right index finger around the crystal of the ribbon device. She had called Ka'te here to be the negotiator and touchstone for Sophrus, Tyler to give Gaius a trusted presence, and Jen was going to keep them focused on their common enemy. "But work together, and that will break a lot of the hold the Goa'uld have on you. You'll be doing exactly what they're afraid of, seeing that, hey, we're all squashed under the same sandals, and the ones doing the squashing are the worthless snakes who set us against each other to begin with." Jen laid her hands palm down and placed the right over the left.
              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<< from General's Office >>

Blue straightened his uniform as much as BDU's could be straightened. At least his stars were on the collar points. He couldn't do anything about the strip of bandage on his forehead or the fading black eye, both souvenirs of his less than stellar performance in the 'Battle of the Gate Room'. I wish I knew how Hammond did it for all those years.
                He walked over to his seat at the head of the long table and waited to be noticed.
                The SF guarding the door was the first to realize that something had been added to the mix in the room.
                "Ten - hut!" He boomed.
                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                sigpic

Comment

Jen jumped to attention, saluting the general. "Sir, I feel we're making progress." Jen looked at the group. "Gaius, Sophrus, this is our leader, General Nikolai Blue."

Gaius looked to the slightly worse-for-wear Tau'ri. "You must be quite proud of your warriors for deflecting an attack of the magnitude Zeus brought down. They fought well." Gaius glanced quickly at Kym, then looked to Blue.

Sophrus bowed his head. "It is an honor to meet he who holds together the last of the Tau'ri."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Cr@p, which one do I acknowledge first? It's going to darn well insult the other one.
                    Blue returned the salute, then nodded at the men. "Gentlemen. It is an honor to do battle with such worthy opponents." He waved at the chairs before sitting down and folding his hands on the table in front of him, unknowingly mimicking Capt Stevens. "Please. Be seated. Captain, you were saying?"
                    sigpic

Comment

"I feel we're making progress, sir." Jen looked at the two leaders. "There's some prejudices to be worked out, but I think they see that by being hostile to each other, they're doing what the Goa'uld want."

Sophrus spoke slowly. The woman had a point. "I would be willing to send my brothers to a free world, and the Centurion's people with them. That is if the good Centurion's men can stomach being around 'us Jaffa.' "

Jen growled. "Your picking at each other gives the Goa'uld power." She waved her ribboned hand. "How many times have the Goa'uld pitted Jaffa against Roman in fights to the death, just to entertain their bloodthirsty nature? Hundreds, I'm sure. I bet both of you have lost kin and comrade to entertain a bunch of snakes!"

Both looked at each other. Then Gaius said, "By cooperating to re-infiltrate the ranks of the loyal, we will accomplish far more than we could separately and spite the false gods in the process."

Sophrus thought about that. "True, but we work as equals, not as superior to subordinate."

Jen smiled, "See, you can work together." She relaxed and said in a low voice, "The b**** would really hate this if she was alive."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

(( OOC - You're doing a great job at this. Blue is just here to put his stamp of approval on it. ))

I knew if I waited long enough, they'd solve the the issue without me. (( ))
                        Blue spread his hands out, palms up to the two men, "You see, gentlemen. You have the same goals. Freedom for your people. A wise man once said, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'. You have the same enemy, we all have the same enemy. The Goa'uld."
                        He rose, walked over and stood between the two opposing leaders, laying a hand on their shoulders. "We can begin as comrades-in-arms for this battle and end as friends at the victory."

(( OOC - My God, that is SO sappy. ))
                        Last edited by Gen Blue; 12 February 2006, 04:36 PM. Reason: You'd think I'd know how to spell Goa'uld by now. OY!
                        sigpic

Comment

MacDoreign stood and saluted the general, then sat amazed as Gaius and Sophrus seemed to come to an agreement just with the superior officer's presence. She didn't know much about General Blue, but she decided then and there that he was certainly the right man to head up Alpha Command.

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

(( I may have messed up your post. Sorry. I think it's out of order is all. ))

Gaius and Sophrus stared at each other wordlessly, neither wanting to be the one to give in.
                            The centurion felt a sharp dig in the back. The fury who spins my life. He took a deep breath and stood. Holding out his sword hand, he said, "General, we shall be comrades ... we shall be brothers-in-arms with the Tau'ri."
                            After taking the General's arm, he turned to Sophrus, "Master Sophrus, and with the Jaffa as well."
                            When this little 'bonding' ceremony was done, Blue pulled over another chair and sat between them. "Now we begin to plan our enemy's defeat. Starting with finding a place for your families to be safe."
                            sigpic

Comment

((No problem, I shifted the position.))

Jen looked out the glass window at the gate. "Lieutenant, you're the best memory on the team when it comes to gate addresses. What's the gate address to Dakara? We'll send word ahead that others who deny the gods will be coming. Everyone will gather in the gate room and we send them home." She paused and looked at the General. "With your permission, sir, of course."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

With your permission, sir, I'll go send the message to the Council on Dakara. I'll report back in they okay us to come through with our new friends.

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Working...
                                X