No announcement yet.

Briefing Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((Sorry I haven't responded. My stupid Internet has been a b!t*h ever since last about 9:30 p.m. Computers! Maybe I should use a hand device on it! ))

*Stevens got up, nodded to Mckay and MacDoreign, and quietly walked out.*

((To Infirmary))
    Last edited by DragonGate; 20 November 2005, 06:47 AM.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Jogs Outta the door to the infirmary

Comment

*Turns to follow her team*

<<to quarters>>

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
        Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
        (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Blue watched SG-5 walk out. Their dazed, shocked expressions were all too familiar to him. Some mornings he still saw it in the mirror. He glanced toward his office, where now 2 people were waiting.

< to Blue's Office >
          Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
          sigpic

Comment

"SG-4 to the Science Lab 1, SG-4 to Science Lab 1."Says Dr. Lanstar over the intercom then he adds, "all Stargate team scientists to science Lab 1 if interested"
            I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

((from Hangar Bay))

Jen entered the room, Gaius following. "Have a seat, we both I'm just human, so no bowing."

The Roman watched her. After Nemesis' defeat, her Jaffa had turned wholesale against the Goa'uld. That had been helped by seeing their goddess drop like a rock when shot by the Tau'ri soldiers. "Her memories still exist, but they aren't dominant, your speech collapsed after the heat of battle had left."

She waved a hand, "I have flashbacks, there's an SF outside the door if you need anything. I'm trusting you to not start anything, mostly because you saved SG-3, and I have a soft spot for the marines. I have to go get a Jaffa leader and you two can talk amongst yourselves. We'll try to track down your friends here and the general will join the gathering." Jen left, warning, "No trouble from you, understand?"

Gaius' voice had a fine lacing of sarcasm, "Your divine command is law, goddess." As she left he contemplated this fluke, someone free of a symbiote. 'She doesn't even know why she doesn't trust me, it is Nemesis' memories.' He sat calmly, hoping to see Captain Tyler again, he'd admired the woman's fighting in the battle.

((to brig))
              Last edited by DragonGate; 10 February 2006, 08:10 PM.
              "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
              " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
              Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((from brig))

Jen returned with Sophrus. The Roman and the Jaffa immediately glared at each other. Jen had to roll her eyes. "You two apparently don't notice that you're doing what she'd want you to do." Jen sat them on opposite sides of the table, directly across from each other. Then she sat down and waited for the General. "Sergeant," she addressed the SF on guard. "Go find Captain Tyler and First Lieutenant MacDoreign and bring them here. Tell them their friends would appreciate their presence, as well as would their superior officer."

"Yes, ma'am, but what about the prisoners?"

"I have a ribbon device and my sidearm and they're unarmed. Go find Tyler and MacDoreign." He set out to obey the order.

((I'm going to wait for Blue now. If Jen seems overconfident, blame it on the Goa'uld memories.))

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<from locker rooms>>

Ka'te hurried into the briefing room, pulling her wet hair into a quick bun.

"Reporting as ordered, Captain," she said to Jen. Her eyes, however, were on Sophrus as he sat glaring at Gaius.

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Jen nodded. She was not a diplomat and this could turn ugly. Ka'te, however, very much was. "Lieutenant, you already know Sophrus Marcipor. This is Centurion Gaius Justinius, leader of the Free Romans. They don't like each other much and I wanted your diplomatic skills as well as that you're Sophrus' first contact here."

Jen looked at the clock. Blue would be here soon. 'If anybody can negotiate these two into moving to the same planet, it's Ka'te.' "Have a seat and catch up with Sophrus."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Ka'te nodded to Stevens, but didn't sit. Instead she crossed to Gaius and bowed slightly. "Pax vobiscum," she greeted him. Turning to Sophrus, she said, "Ba'ja'kakma'te."

Sophrus still looked suspicious of the high-ranking Roman, but stood and bowed as well. Ka'te then sat, motioning for him to do the same. Translating into Latin for Gaius, and Goa'uld for Sophrus, she explained to them the Free Roman and Free Jaffa, and how they sought the same thing- freedom from false gods. She told them about the Free Jaffa base on Dakara, and that they could use any number added to their ranks.

"As I have said, Ka'te Taurilla," Sophrus replied, "I will send the Jaffa who serve under me to this place. As for myself, I will stay in the ranks of the Roman Goa'uld until which time I die, or every Jaffa has seen the deception of those they call gods."

Ka'te nodded. "Gaius has made the same commitment. He wants what you want; it would be well for you to work with him to that end."

She turned to Gaius to see what he had to say.

((ooc- Pax vobiscum=peace be with you; Ba'ja'kakma'te=I greet you also.
                      BTW- forgot to mention, I'm assuming ranking officers like Gaius speak Latin, but Jaffa (many of them probably stolen from defeated system lords) speak Goa'uld. I wouldn't expect the higher-ups to teach them Latin, as like Ra, they would be afraid of uprisings.))
                      Last edited by RockinHobbit; 11 February 2006, 01:45 PM.

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Gaius nodded slowly. "It would be beneficial to fight together, rather than following prejudices laid down by the Goa'uld to divide us. I will send my men to this free world and we will return to Olympus to re-enter service and," he gave a small smile, "Find out if Zeus survived or not. One of the ships was destroyed and the other fled."

Jen stayed silent, allowing the leaders to work past the division on their own. 'If Snakey-***** was still alive, she would be PO'ed to see them taking steps to work together.'

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
                          Gaius nodded slowly. "It would be beneficial to fight together, rather than following prejudices laid down by the Goa'uld to divide us. I will send my men to this free world and we will return to Olympus to re-enter service and," he gave a small smile, "Find out if Zeus survived or not. One of the ships was destroyed and the other fled."

Jen stayed silent, allowing the leaders to work past the division on their own. 'If Snakey-***** was still alive, she would be PO'ed to see them taking steps to work together.'
                          (( OOC - Gee - I don't need to run Gaius. You're doing a great job. Kym is in the Mess right now. With 'Little Miss Stick-up-her- ))
                          You're never too old to do something goofy.
                          sigpic
                          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

<< from Mess Hall >> (( I hope I'm not beating the SF back. ))

Tyler was favoring her right leg when she arrived at the Briefing room. Running down the stairs hadn't been the brightest of ideas. She knocked on the door jamb, hesitated a second and saluted.
                            "Captain Stevens? Captain Tyler, reporting as ordered."
                            sigpic

Comment

The SF who had fetched her was back next to the door. He hoped Captain Tyler would ease the tenseness of the Roman.

Jen nodded towards a seat next to Gaius. "At ease, we're the same rank. Have a seat. I wanted you here to give Gaius someone he trusts, since he doesn't know MacDoreign and he has no reason to trust me."

Gaius looked towards her. "Kym, it's good to see you're rested and your wounds are treated." He felt more comfortable now, which he supposed had been the forceful redhead's intention all along.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Gaius turned sharply at the knock on the door. He hated sitting where he couldn't see it. It took him a moment to recognize the woman standing there as his Fury from the woods. I wondered what happened to her.
                                He stood up as she was waved into the room by Nemesis. Stevens, not Nemesis.
                                Since the real discussion couldn't take place until the Tau'ri General appeared, he moved a few seats away from the Jaffa so they could talk. "You look different, Lady," he said with a smile. "I didn't know you without the twigs and leaves."
                                "Call me Kym, please. You didn't like my decorations." she chuckled. "You're looking better, too. I meant to come check on you but the medicine the doctor gave me put me out."
                                "No matter. Other than being quartered with 'them', we're being treated well. Some of my men are willing to serve here just for the food." He enjoyed being able to have a conversation where he didn't have to watch every word he said.
                                Gaius reached out and gently tilted the woman's face to inspect the bruise on her face. "Did I do that," he asked, ready to apologize.
                                Kym touched her jaw. "I don't think so. I have a feeling that you weren't the first person I chased down out there."
                                The Legionnaire saw a moment of confusion pass over her face. "You are 'Furia'. Where was your 'Vigilanza'?"
                                "My what?" Kym was really confused now.
                                Gaius glanced around at the room full of strangers. "We can speak of this later. Without snooping ears about."

(( Furia = Fury, Vigilanza = Watcher. The Legions knew of and had 'Berserkers' in their ranks. I'm postulating that they assigned some poor shmuck to be a guard on them. Tough job because 'Berserkers' had a tendency to kill everything, not just the enemy. ))
                                Last edited by Jynjyr; 11 February 2006, 06:28 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X