No announcement yet.

Briefing Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rowena hadn't known how to answer the Jaffa when he pointed out his mistake. To be honest, it was a common one; if she had a dollar for every time someone mistook her for a twelve year old boy, she'd be a rich woman. When Blue dismissed her, she scurried out into the hall after Cal.

"Sergeant," she said, looking a bit sheepish. "I just wanted to say thank you."
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue
      << from Control Room >>
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1293

"Actually, I knew that," Nick commented over his shoulder to Bystronski as they entered the briefing room, "but thanks anyway."
      Dexius jumped to his feet when he heard Blue's voice.
      Blue nodded to Cal and Rowena. "Thank you, Sergeant. Cadet. If we need anything, we'll give you a call."
      "Sir." Cal saluted and left via the hallway door.
      Nick took his usual seat at the head of the table. "Centurion, would you like to fill us in on what's happening?"

(( TJ - I didn't know if you were going to respond to Dexius or not. ))
      Natasha followed Blue into the Briefing Room, saying "I thought you did, but I just wanted to be sure. You know that old saying. Better safe than sorry."

Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Dexius took a deep breath and tapped his fingers on the table once. "I'll start from the beginning, if you don't mind."
        At Blue's nod, the Roman launched into his story. "For millennia we have wished to be free of the false gods. On Dakkara we have that freedom." He nodded thanks to the Tau'ri. "But, there are many among us who say that we have traded one set of masters for another. The Jaffa from our ranks were welcomed with open arms. WE," he emphasized, "had to negotiate for a place. We are told that we must live under Jaffa laws. Our customs and rituals are scoffed at. Not openly by the Council, but in the streets."
        He gritted his teeth to hold back his anger. "A large group has moved away to found their own city. The Tribune went to meet with them to hear their grievances and to have them send a representative to Council."
        The Centurion looked down in seeming embarassment, "I should have been with him. It was my place. He gave me leave to stay with my daughter, who was birthing my first grandchild." He banged a fist on his knee, "I should have gone. Her sisters were there."
        Dexius held up a finger, asking for a moment to calm himself. "Justinius was supposed to return in 3 days. When he didn't, we searched. He was traveling on foot. 'A training march for Hastati', he said. We found his new recruits. Dead in their camp. Justinius was not among them."
        He stopped again, staring at his reflection in the helmet.

Last edited by Gen Blue; 17 September 2006, 04:56 PM.
        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Rowena hadn't known how to answer the Jaffa when he pointed out his mistake. To be honest, it was a common one; if she had a dollar for every time someone mistook her for a twelve year old boy, she'd be a rich woman. When Blue dismissed her, she scurried out into the hall after Cal.

"Sergeant," she said, looking a bit sheepish. "I just wanted to say thank you."
          "You're welcome?" Cal was uncertain for what she was being thanked. She shrugged sheepishly as well.
          "I want to apologize for that," she motioned toward the Gate room, "I didn't expect him to drag you down there alone on your first day."
          As the two continued down the hall, she added, "Think of it as a compliment. He figured you could handle whatever came up."

<< to General's Office >>

sigpic

Comment

"You mean he was trying to scare me and take me down a peg or two," Rowena corrected quietly as they continued on their way to the office. She bit her lip, glancing sideways. "You know, I don't think I can do this. I'm not good at being all nice and friendly like you. In there with that Jaffa guy... had I been you, I'd more likely have smacked him one." She flapped her arms helplessly. "I just can't do this."

>> to Blue's Office
            Last edited by Tracy Jane; 21 July 2006, 01:42 PM.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Dexius took a deep breath and tapped his fingers on the table once. "I'll start from the beginning, if you don't mind."
              At Blue's nod, the Roman launched into his story. "For millennia we have wished to be free of the false gods. On Dakkara we have that freedom." He nodded thanks to the Tau'ri. "But, there are many among us who say that we have traded one set of masters for another. The Jaffa from our ranks were welcomed with open arms. WE," he emphasized, "had to negotiate for a place. We are told that we must live under Jaffa laws. Our customs and rituals are scoffed at. Not openly by the Council, but in the streets."
              He gritted his teeth to hold back his anger. "A large group has moved away to found their own city. The Tribune went to meet with them to hear their grievances and to have them send a representative to Council."
              The Centurion looked down in seeming embarassment, "I should have been with him. It was my place. He gave me leave to stay with my daughter, who was birthing my first grandchild." He banged a fist on his knee, "I should have gone. Her sisters were there."
              Dexius held up a finger, asking for a moment to calm himself. "Justinius was supposed to return in 3 days. When he didn't, we searched. He was traveling on foot. 'A training march for Hastati', he said. We found his new recruits. Dead in their camp. Justinius was not among them."
              He stoppad again, staring at his refletion in the helmet.

Natasha frowned umperpectibly at Dexius' unusual behavior, thinking 'well this is a difficult situation, he feels like he has failed Justinius, but something...' She decided to stop thinking about it and go down to business.

"Well, I'm glad to know your settlement is finally a reality, although it shouldn't be necessary for your people to have a separate one from the Jaffa, but this is an imperfect universe. You never get what you want, you only get what you get." She sighs deeply before continuing. "So this is one of those rescue missions in which you don't even know where to look for, because by now he could've even been taken off-world and this is a big galaxy full of stargates. Any ideas where to begin?" She said dishearted. "No matter what, we'll help in what we can, Dexius." She said and looked at Blue's eyes with determination. 'He has to let me go. This one is personal.'

Comment

He stoppad again, staring at his refletion in the helmet.

(((OCC- Sorry if it wasnt clear but the mission was to take place on dakara until the final part. I wouldnt want to send half my team to another world so it would be appreciated if you could change your post so the abduction took place on dakara. Thanks Blue))))

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                  (((OCC- Sorry if it wasnt clear but the mission was to take place on dakara until the final part. I wouldnt want to send half my team to another world so it would be appreciated if you could change your post so the abduction took place on dakara. Thanks Blue))))
                  (( Instead of "quoting" a whole long post, just copy and paste the link. Right click on the number at the top of the post and 'copy shortcut', then paste it into your new post.

They are on Dakarra. When Dexius said they moved away, it was to another area away from the main city. If it had been another world, he would have said that.))
                  sigpic

Comment

Blue recognized the look on Bystronski's face. These people were her friends and she would do almost anything for them.
                    "What has the Council done so far?"
                    "Precious little," Dexius spat, "Youngsters who go and ask half-hearted questions, some overflights of the area. *Phhff*"
                    "What do you expect us to be able to do? You have more people."
                    "My people have gained a great respect for the Tau'ri. They will speak to you. You will see things with different eyes. You will ask questions where we would have assumed answers." Dexius trailed off, unsure what else to say.
                    "I can only spare one team. They can run an investigation but, your people will have to do a lot of the leg work. Will they take commands from Major Rhea?"
                    The Centurion looked up hopefully, "That is so few but," he smiled, "we know what the Tau'ri can do with so few. We will accept your orders in this matter. What do you expect of us in payment?"
                    "Your friendship," Blue answered simply. "Maybe some help in building settlements on THIS world. We can't live under this mountain forever."
                    "There are always youngsters eager for a challenge." Dexius stood up and held out his hand, palm up, "A bargain."
                    Nick laid his left hand over the other man's. "A bargain," he declared.
                    The two sat back down.
                    "Captain Bystronski. You and Dexius fill in Major Rhea and the rest of SG8. Draw whatever investigative gear you think you'll need. You have clearance to leave whenever you're ready. Let me know before you go. I want to see you off."
                    He looked from one to the other, "Any questions?"
                    Last edited by Gen Blue; 22 July 2006, 10:42 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=339

"Not really, sir. I guess we should be on our way as fast as possible. Time is precious in a possible hostage situation like this and so much has already passed since his capture and disappearance. Permission to leave, sir." She said beginning to stand up and half way up raised her index finger in Dexius direction. "One question left actually. Dexius, has anyone come forth to ask anything for Justinius? I don't know, a bargain, a trade? Or just the usual bow before your god Goa'uld crap?" She asked with fire in her eyes, although her last words could be construed as a light joke inside she was p*ssed off, her mood from earlier complitely changed from nice and light to pure anger. Right now she could kill the guys who took Justinius away and probably hurted him with her bare hands. Sometimes her toughts are scary even to herself, especially in the rare moments when she indulges this kind of anger to take over her. It's like she could turn into someone else... But no one else in the room took notice in the bizarre change happening inside Natasha, one she was desperatly trying to repress, after all she knows quite well that this will bring her nothing good and will only get in the way of her mission.

Comment

(( Changed. I forgot about that. ))

Dexius shook his head, "Running there will not help. It has been six days since the Tribune left for Nova Roma. We know he left there early on the third day. We have heard nothing as yet. We can only hope that he still lives and is on Dakara."
                        He made no move to leave, "Will your team come here to talk before we leave?"
                        Blue stood up, "Please, feel free to use the Briefing room as long as you want. I'll be in my office if you need anything."
                        He nodded to Dexius and Bystronski and then went into his adjoining office.

<< Blue to the Office >>

Last edited by Gen Blue; 22 July 2006, 11:11 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

George walked into the briefing room hoping he would not be scolded for interupting. He walked in to find Dexius Flavian siiting there " Hello Centuruion" George said in a bold tone hoping to gain the centurions respect

Comment

The Roman looked at the man addressing him. He hadn't really been paying attention to the myriad of people in the Gateroom and didn't place him.
                            "Hello," he replied quizzically before asking, "Natasha, is this one of your team?"

sigpic

Comment

Without waiting for bystronski to answer him George cut in " Oh yes, i am sorry. Major Geogre A. Rhea, i am the captains commanding officer"

Comment

Dexius quickly translated the strange rank into one he understood. Tribunus Angusticlavus He stood up and saluted with a bow. "Trib . . . Major, pleased to meet you."

(( OOC - Sorry for the short post. On the phone. Got to leave in a few minutes anyway. ))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X