Science Lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by max_omega
    Rachael pointed to a small hologram floating above the device and said, "This is a smaller version of the AI, she is helping me access her program. She is from what I can tell complete harmless. She has showed no signs of being hostile as of yet."

John look at the computer screen, "I just came to see the AI myself."
    "Yeah, I can see why you would. This is interesting..." She said to respond to John while approaching the AI.

"Is there a reason why I couldn't see it at first? I mean I can see it now, but not untill you talked about its presence. Weird !!!" She let it escape without thinking much and then realized what she said. "Of course, I just wasn't paying attention or was too excited, I guess. There is no reason at all for me to notice it just after you said it was there..." She drifted and then decided. "Well, you said small version? Does that mean there is a big one? That is something I'm curious to see." She said like a curious kid, her eyes shining while appreciating the design of the device as if nothing else existed in the room.
    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Rachael look at the eager young mind, "Well Lyra, as we call her, she can manifest herself in any form. I have only seen her as a child, but I was told that she can change her form to go along with the mood of the people around her." Thinking for a moment, "As for not being able to see it at first, you probably just did not notice it."

John look at the screen again and pointed at it, "Rach, look at this, its a subroutine that keeps popping up. Can you find out what it does?'

Rachael look at the screen than moved the mouse and opened up a file, "It is just one of the reoccuring data files, I believe it organizes the information that Lyra stores." she look again over at the captain, "Well I can tell from your face that you are amazed."
      sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Rachael look at the eager young mind, "Well Lyra, as we call her, she can manifest herself in any form. I have only seen her as a child, but I was told that she can change her form to go along with the mood of the people around her." Thinking for a moment, "As for not being able to see it at first, you probably just did not notice it."

John look at the screen again and pointed at it, "Rach, look at this, its a subroutine that keeps popping up. Can you find out what it does?'

Rachael look at the screen than moved the mouse and opened up a file, "It is just one of the reoccuring data files, I believe it organizes the information that Lyra stores." she look again over at the captain, "Well I can tell from your face that you are amazed."
        Natasha drops out of her alternate plan of existence with Rachel's voice. "Yes, Doctor Ezekiel. It's very impressive. I imagine the programming job to get something like this going. Lyra must have thousands and thousands of intrincated lines of code. Very interesting... Does she talk to you? I mean, has she expressed the ability to talk to people? Can I talk to her? Perhaps I could learn something usefull or she, who knows?" She says joking in the last part, leaving the device and going where the Ezekiels are.

Comment

"Sure she is completely interactive." Rachael look at the small hologram, "I have not really talked with her much, but she is quite curious about us as well. So if you do talk with her she will have just as many question for you as you do for her."

((If it is a question specifically for the hologram you will have to wait for Proxy to respond.))
          sigpic

Comment

"Sure she is completely interactive." Rachael look at the small hologram, "I have not really talked with her much, but she is quite curious about us as well. So if you do talk with her she will have just as many question for you as you do for her."

((If it is a question specifically for the hologram you will have to wait for Proxy to respond.))
            Natasha turns and looks back at the hologram. "So who is gonna turn out to be worse: you or me?" She talks to the device, then turns back again. "What kinds of things has she talked about already? I wonder... If I ask will she tell me who built her and why?" She asked Rachel.

Comment

"I already ask her who built her, she doesn't know that. As for why they built her, I am not sure if anyone has asked that." Rachael said.

John look over at the eager Captain and said, "I am sure it won't turn out that bad for here, Captain. You already have made two friends."

((Be back on later this evening have to run.))

((Edit: looks like Major Gambit is in the mess hall, we should probably go over there so he can meet his team members.))
              sigpic

Comment

Sharp was mindboggled from all the people coming in.

"Major, Captain" He did a casual salute to botth of them.

Sharp sat back down at his computer and after a few seconds tapped it.
                "That subroutine, its not data storage, its power regulating.." sharp turned to her.
                "Just thought I'd let you know." He said shrugging.

Sharp turned around to their small audiance.
                "Right, so, she's basicly like a person, a really smart person, crammed in a box, and given a projector to show herself in any form she wants.."
                sigpic
                Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

"Hi, sir." Natasha says saluting back to Sharp. "Lyra is a really interesting piece of tech, sir. Perhaps I'll be back to see her again, but I have to leave now." She said leaving the room.

<<To Mess Hall>>

Comment

"Okay, I'm all confused," Claire shook her head, "Who's accessing what?" She looked at Sharp, then at Zack, "What have you found so far in the text?" she asked him.

Comment

Rachael look at the subroutine again, "Oh, you are right it is power regulation."

John still standing by Rachael said, "I had better not distract you anymore, sis. It was nice meeting you Colonel." John than turned around and walked out of the lab, headed to the Mess hall.

<John to Mess Hall>
                      sigpic

Comment

The minihologram watched as John approached her, since the primary hologram was off at the General's office, the smallish version wasn't able to take on Lyra's actual personality but the minihologram smiled at him. "Connection terminated. Analysis complete, template downloaded." The minihologram said then disappeared.

Comment

Zach grabbed Claire by the arm and pointed to the text, "There, something about a huge power source. I'm just going by what we've previously found, i'm guessing a ZPM, but i'm not quite sure. I'm just wondering how Lyra is powered?"

(Sorry guys, been doing my history coursework, in for today and lots of exam revision.)

Comment

Sharp started humming the tune to 'What to do With a Drunken Sailor?' while he was scrolling through the text. He could translate things, but they made no sense, they had symbols he didn't reconize but he could tell they worked some what like the greater than or less than signs (<,>).
                            'I wonder if those things even have a name..' he thought as he scrolled though, just looking it over untill something popped out to him..
                            sigpic
                            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Proxy
                              The minihologram watched as John approached her, since the primary hologram was off at the General's office, the smallish version wasn't able to take on Lyra's actual personality but the minihologram smiled at him. "Connection terminated. Analysis complete, template downloaded." The minihologram said then disappeared.
                              Rachael was looking at the screen when all of a sudden the screen went blank. Than on the screen popped a summary of the analysis program. She scrolled through the data reviewing all of it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shovar
                                Zach grabbed Claire by the arm and pointed to the text, "There, something about a huge power source. I'm just going by what we've previously found, i'm guessing a ZPM, but i'm not quite sure. I'm just wondering how Lyra is powered?"

(Sorry guys, been doing my history coursework, in for today and lots of exam revision.)
                                Claire blink at the text, then at Zack, "ZPM? Kiddding right?" she moved to her papers and when throught them, re-reading her own translations. "All I found is that, she is some sort of experiment. Nothing relating to ZPM."

Running her fingures through her hair, she blew out a breath, then went back to fluttering some more papers around, "I have translated what is she a experiment of, but no power source on how she is....well, sustained," she looked at everyone in the room, "Unless, she is being charged from some sort of sub-space power, after being well," she looked at Zack, "coming in touch with the ATA gene."

(( I think I just blabbled on Do I make any sense I'm what I'm talking about? I sure don't ))

Comment

Working...
                                X