No announcement yet.

Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jen jumped forward in time, to the rescue. "It was after Ares died, Nemesis seized his assets, what he didn't lose on the planet anyway. The increase in power was enough to worry the Tok'ra, they passed intel to the SGC about an address not known to the other Olympians where Nemesis was stockpiling.

"Colonel Richardson took the team in with Marine back-up to capture her, and it all went to hell. They were ambushed and captured, and I'm sure you know what happens when you anger a goddess of vengeance." Jen was rotating her ring by now. "They broke out of lock-up and the lieutenants sedated her before she ribboned the colonel to death." Jen rolled her eyes. "After she was gone, I had to see Dr. MacKenzie, that was a lot of help. I don't like shrinks, never have."

"What about you?"
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Kate sighed. She knew it would come to this eventually. "Where do you want me to start?" she asked. "And where do you want me to finish?"
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Jen tightened her grip some and relaxed. "How did it happen? And how did they get you back?"
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Kate shifted uncomfortably, she didn't like the way this conversation was going. She hated reliving this story, but it had to be done, and Jen had to know.

"I worked for the Royal Navy heading up the diplomatic unit assigned to deal with the international oversight committee and the Stargate programme in general," she said. "I was only ever meant to oversee the department, it was just a desk job. But we received a distress call from the Beliskner, I was only just back from maternity leave, and when we heard that it was the replicators, we all raced down to Portsmouth to try and set up some sort of rescue operation."

Kate sighed. "Somehow Nut had infiltrated our ranks, she thought that having a host with that sort of knowledge would gain her power and respect amongst the system lords. Obviously attacking someone in the SGC was too high risk, and she'd been waiting for the perfect opportunity."

She swayed a little, gripping onto Jen for support. "I was beamed up to a cloaked ship, then taken back to one of Nut's worlds for the ceremony. It seems that in the pandemonium in Pompey, noone noticed I was gone. The diplomat on the British team at the SGC recognised me on a mission, they radioed to say they'd found me but I... she... I killed them."

Kate grimaced and swallowed. "Eventually the Tok'ra freed me, took them bloody long enough. There were supposedly operatives in there the whole time, but it took them two years to get around to removing that..... thing. Apparently the information was too valuable to free me earlier."

She tried to calm herself down. She hated the Tok'ra for making her wait so long, putting her through that. She realised how hard she was gripping Jen, and relaxed a little. It wasn't fair to take her anger out on Jen.

"The navy had told Tom that I had gone on some diplomatic trip and he was furious... I'd left him stranded with a newborn baby. He didn't understand when I got back, so he told me to leave," she sighed. "It was a blessing in disguise, I guess. If it wasn't for that, I'd never have taken up the post at the SGC."

Kate sagged as she finished the story. "The thing is, that wasn't the end of it. Geb and his minions won't leave me alone, they seem to think my knowledge is worth too much. He killed my husband, I watched him kill my husband, and then took Jo, who killed my girls."

Comment

Jen gripped her friend tightly, so much more horrible than what she had suffered. "I couldn't begin to imagine that level of nightmare, Kate. My worst is if she'd killed them, or if she'd gotten back to Earth, but it was threats and torture in reality." Jen held Kate, careful not to aggravate her injuries.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Sometimes mental and emotional pain is far worse than the physical," Kate replied softly, "just like torture can be far worse than death."

Comment

"I was having flashbacks from stress a while back, when we first learned what had happened, but it's better. The colonel and I talked about it, he noticed I was a little off." Jen shifted a little, getting more comfortable. "How long are the docs going to keep you here?"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Kate grimaced at the word 'flashback'. Always caused problems in her mind. It wasn't something she'd had to deal with personally, though she had suffered from nightmares. She shrugged, then winced at the pain in her shoulder. "I suppose they won't let me go until they're convinced there's no major brain damage. I was fairly groggy at first, you see. I don't think any of it's particularly bad, apart from the head. And that doesn't seem to be bleeding much anymore."

Comment

"You seem fine, no behavioral difference that I can see. But I'm not a doctor, it's up to their judgment. I'm really glad you're doing well, Kate." Jen patted her friend's back.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"I've pulled through worse," she sighed, squeezing Jen's waist and kissing her on the cheek. "I'm really lucky to have you here. I'd forgotten what it was like to just... chat with someone."

Comment

"It's really helped me, too. Being able to talk about everything."

"I ought to go, you probably need to rest and I have equipment to gather. Already have my traps, but there's some other stuff I need. Field identification guides and things. Or do you still want my company?"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Go," said Kate quickly, squeezing her friend again and kissing her hair. "You have stuff to do, you can't be expected to hang around looking after me all the time. Just... just be careful, ok? And for the love of God, don't bring anything bigger than a pig back through that gate."

Comment

"That was the only time my pets got loose!" Jen paused. "Okay, so some winged monkeys and carnivorous squirrels too, but those were the only times. I'm a very responsible researcher." Jen slid off the bed and stood next to it. "Rest up, don't aggravate the doctors. They have ways to cause unimaginable suffering." Jen patted Kate's good shoulder. "See you later, Kate. And good luck." Jen walked out, waving to Kate as she slipped out the door. "Get some sleep."

((to Quarters))

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Kate reluctantly let Jen go and then leant back against the pillows. She smiled to herself at how much the younger woman had opened up, how different she had seemed, if only for a little while.

She was tired, but she didn't want to sleep, there was too much buzzing through her mind. She just wanted to be held, wanted someone there to comfort her and rock her to sleep. But there wasn't any chance of that happening.

She turned her head to one side and sighed gently.

Comment

>>>>From Armoury. ((Is it just me, or do 2/3rds of the people that come in here come from there?))

Jim walked slowly up to the infirmary doors, it just so happened then that Gus stood up from rearranging the cupboard.

'Ah, finally finished. When that emergency comes, it will be grab and use, none of this looking about crap...I'll have to inform Juliana of this however.'

Gus saw Jim from the corner of his eye and then turned around to face him.
                                He walked over slowly and Jim stood outside, looking in.
                                "Well, don't just stand there James, come on in. You're one of the few guests allowed."

Jim nodded and said "Thanks Gus."
                                Gus stepped aside and Jim walked in, moving quickly and silently towards Kates' bed.

Jim stopped at the bed and stood there, looking down at her.
                                He was slightly afraid that she might be asleep and he might wake her up.

He was tempted to wake her up, but instead he slowly sat on the edge of the bed so he wouldn't disturb her and began to run his hand through her hair, slowly stroking softly and gently.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                                X