Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall drank up, but it didn't help.

"Okay, symptoms...I've got a pounding headache. Its been like this for a few hours. And I'm really fatigued; been feeling like I'm gonna pass out for about a day now, even after getting some sleep and some food. I don't know what it could be."

Comment

Gus raised his right eyebrow but lowered it again soon after.

"Have you been doing anything that has been physically exerting on your body? Have you changed your regular habits of eating? To be honest Paul, there's not much I can do for a headache, possibly a migraine with the limited resources we have."

Gus stood there for a moment, scratching his chin with is hand.
      'Possible treatments...Hm, there's always painkillers, but I’d much rather not resort to that level of treatment...'
      Gus gave Paul a quick glance and continued to think, also awaiting his response to his previous question.

((OOC: White Knight, as much as I’d love to do this, a little help please? Is this linked in anyway to anything special? Or have you just decided your character will feel ill?))

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

((OOC: Its mainly just something for my character to do, since I'm not sure what else is going on and my team isn't going on a mission for a little bit.))

"Nothing out of the ordinary," Marshall answered. "I'm sleeping a lot more, but that's 'cause I'm getting so tired lately."

Comment

Gus stopped scratching his chin and looked the young captain up and down.
          He sighed, he was very tempted to kick this young lad out of his infirmary and tell him to eat and drink more.

But instead, he did the kind thing and said "You can stay in here for a while. You should eat and drink more, try getting some rest. If the headaches get any worse, tell me. I can give you some aspirin; it should ease the pain a little."

He looked at the Captain for a second.
          "Paul, if you need anything just give me a call. If you don't mind, I have a medical cupboard to completely rearrange." At that, Gus nodded and walked over to the cupboard.

He gave it a quick glance and saw that several things were still unorganized.
          'How did I ever let this get this bad? If a emergency were to arise...Oh, the consequences.'

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Kate smiled gently. "Life history? I feel I've barely scratched the surface with you." She stroked the redhead's hair, a tear falling down her face at how genuine she sounded about being able to talk.

She was mildly surprised at how Jen picked up her hand and held it. She had never had her down as the comforting type. Kate kept her other hand running lightly through her hair.

"A bit," replied Kate to the pain question, trying to understate it a bit. She didn't want Jen worrying about her, even if it did hurt like hell. "They gave me something earlier for my arm, but it doesn't really cut it with the headache from hell and the ankle to match. As for the shoulder..... nah, it's not as bad as it should be, the meds have numbed it a bit, but I doubt they'll let me take anything else for a good while."

Kate wrinkled her nose. "I assume this means you're going now?" she asked sadly. She loved spending time with Jen, wished she could help her more. Somehow she felt very protective of her, wanted to look after and mother her.
            "I'll stay, I have my gear already put together and gave the yahoos orders to gather what they'll need. Which will mean stacks of reference books, all the coffee MacDoreign can scrounge, and a Gameboy to keep our junior entertained. Archaeology types, you know how they have to keep their caffeine-to-blood ratio on the caffeine side."

Jen shook her head, thinking of the group. "Crescent, the new one, has some of the same interests, I'll have to poke both of them to eat something when they get lose in ruins. Turn those types lose with rocks and they think food and sleep are optional."
            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Well, you can hardly blame them," chirped Kate excitedly. "You get so involved in a translation, get in the right frame of mind, find the right style and register, you've started to elicit various words and syntactic framework... when you're on a roll, a five minute break can ruin everything, especially when you're working with those elusive paradigms, trying to find one conveying the exact connotations and entendres."

Kate smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry... I mean, bad historians. Causing trouble for their CO." She paused and looked at Jen, still running her fingers through her hair. "Don't tell me you never get involved with your research."
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Jen was tripped up a little there. "That's, that's different. Mine's alive, animals that have never been seen before, or are extinct on Earth. Would you believe I saw a Raphus cucullatus, a dodo bird, on one planet? And you get so many useful things from plants, I just made five jars of hair dye from a plant native right here on Gaia. Five different colors from one plant. Even though the plant is classified wrong, some idiot put in genus Indigofera." Jen snorted, then looked at her dye-stained finger. "Got this from making some red dye from blue flowers."

((OOC: The verbal stress is intended on "five," the scientific name is in italics because of convention, not verbal stress.))
                "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

((I know. I may now be a dumb linguist, but I'm not totally without brains ))

"Jaime will love it," Kate said, eyebrows raised in amusement. "And languages are just as alive, just as fluid. You can see the etymology, the evolution in the words, how it links in to earth. Because language is how we interact, the ties between language and society are very telling. We can learn a lot from other languages, more than people give us credit for."

She paused and shook her head slightly, then remembered how much it hurt her to do it. "I'm ranting again, aren't I?" Kate said good naturedly. "But that's a lovely thing to do for Jaime, she'll be really pleased. You're a softy deep down under that military exterior, aren't ya?"

Comment

Jen opened her mouth in a fish-look. "How'd you guess it's for her?" Jen shook her head. "Of course, she's the only person who would use it. I just thought it would be a nice 'Survived your first off-world' present. But try to keep it confidential, I've already got two people sworn to secrecy who saw me working on it. Colonel Henderson saw me making it and I hijacked some of my material from Chief Swanson."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"I know discretion isn't exactly SG-7's strong point, but I'll do my best," laughed Kate, pulling Jen close again. "She'll find out eventually, you know... she's a curious one, that Jaime."

She rested her chin lightly on Jen's head, a tear falling down her cheek. It was cruel how chances had been ripped away from all of them, how this warm and generous woman never got the chance to have the children she wanted. But she still had time.

Kate sighed slightly as the tears continued to fall. The accident had reminded her that she wasn't as young as she once was. Sure, many women didn't start having kids til her age, but for Kate, it seemed like her life was already over. She had had it all... then had it all snatched away.

Comment

Jen felt the older woman's tears. "What's on your mind?" She said softly.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"It doesn't matter," Kate replied, holding Jen a little tighter. "I'm just being silly, that's all." She didn't want the redhead to worry about her.

Too late for that, she thought. You can't go playing crash test dummies without someone showing a little concern.

She pulled away from Jen and lay her head back on the pillow, consciously avoiding her gaze. "I feel so... old."

Comment

Jen snorted. "Old? I wouldn't let General Blue hear that. If you're old, what would he be? You are definitely not old, Kate."

"Don't think of it as an end, think of it as a beginning. Everything boils to down to a circle, a constant cycle of life, death, and re-birth. The wildfire burns the woods, but from scorched ground, new plants grow. Am I making any sense here?"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

"Thanks for trying," sighed Kate, still averting her gaze, "But you can't apply your plant talk to everything. I never said that I was old, just that I felt it." Kate paused. "All I ever wanted was to get married, have kids, watch them grow up, watch them get married and have grandchildren."

She glanced quickly at Jen. "I guess that sounds weird to a scientist and career girl like you, but it was all I ever wanted. Now I'm never going to get that."

Comment

Jen shook her head. "It doesn't, Kate. Not at all." Jen ran a hand through her hair. The resignation papers that had been in the works when she'd went off-world on a unremarkable diplomatic trip were on her mind along with the day two weeks before that she'd stopped her medication. Now here she was in a position she'd planned to turn down if it was offered when the colonel left command of the team. "Look to the future, you can still have that."

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
                                X