Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Med Bay, Dean's Bed]

Dean looked up from his book, he had just taken it off the night stand again. It had taken them a while to answer, but he just smiled and nodded.

"Yes, nurse ..." He peered at her name tag. It read G. Fuentes. Odd name. Wonder where she's from ? Sounds Spanish, or something... "Fuentes. Um... As you know, I'm a deputy. I work in Foreston. And I was chasing the shooter that had ended up shooting Miss Simmons instead of the General. I kind of failed to catch him ... And you know, I was wondering if I could visit her. She might appreciate that, and I figured it was also part of my job ... you know ?" He hoped she would understand.

Comment

< Med bay -> Recovery 2 >

Gloria offered him a grin, “Of course, I’m on my way to her now, so I’ll ask her as soon as I can. I’m sure she’d love to see a familiar face from the town.”
      She picked up the tray to leave, “She might feel too tired for a visitor though, she’s been through quite a lot these last 24 hours, so try not to be disappointed if she says no at this point. I’ll let you know as soon as I can Deputy,” with a grin and a nod she then exited the Med bay.

After having left the tray in the pantry, she proceeded to Recovery 2, where she probably would remain for the rest of her night shift.
      Shaking her head slowly at the sight of who sat in the room, she walked over to stand beside the doctor “Carrie…” taking in the atmosphere in the room together with the readings from the monitors.
      “Mhh? Hey… Had a good break?” Carrie eased her feet down from the stool and placed the lap top on the night stand, earning a grunt and a raised brow from the head nurse.
      “Alright, alright…” With a sigh, she slipped the feet in her sneakers and placed said computer back on the desk, “Better?”
      “Much better,” Gloria replied, now with a hint of a satisfied grin twitching in the corners of her mouth, “and yes, I had a nice dinner which will probably last for the better of the night. By the way, what happened in here while I was away?”

Taking a deep breath Carrie gave Brihanna a long look before answering, “I wasn’t here, but according to Sam, Kevin pushed Gus a little bit to far, making our CMO manhandling him out of here, leaving me no other option then to sedate Brihanna so that she wouldn’t follow and aggravate her injuries. It’s all in her chart now by the way…”
      Gloria nodded, “I was afraid it might come to that, Dr Aaronson finally having enough of Mr. Cooper…” She gave Carrie pat on the arm and a sympathetical look, “Listen, don’t beat your self up about this, it sounds like you didn’t have much of a choice.”
      Carrie shrugged unhappily, her eyes never leaving Brihanna’s still form, “I know I had to act like I did, but doesn’t make me feel any better.” Taking another breath, she looked back at Gloria, “… and I didn’t pump her up to her gills, so I guess she should come around pretty soon even with the added effect of the pain meds she's on…”

NPC - Gloria Fuentes, RN, head nurse

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

[Med Bay, Dean's Bed]

He listened to her words, but before he could conjure up a reply, she was already gone. Dean sighed, reached for the curtain and pushed it open just wide enough so his face could peek through.

"I can wait until tomorrow!" He said, to her disappearing back. Then decided to repeat it, a little louder this time, just in case she hadn't heard. "HEY! I SAID I CAN WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW! JUST SO YOU KNOW! OK?" Dean grinned and then fell back on the bed, wincing as his injured ribs moved against the pillow. Right... guess it's nearly time for another dose... I can wait on that as well... He snorted at it all and just laid there, staring at the ceiling.

Comment

<<Brihanna Simmons ~ Recovery Room Two>>

The murmur of voices weren't coherent at first. They swirled about in a muddled heap as she struggled to piece them together. Brihanna held her eyes closed in an attempt to at least decide where she was. Her chest ached and throbbed. Feeling as if she had been mugged and beaten.

The voice she searched for was not there. She slowly opened her eyes in hope he was there and just silent. There was the doctor, the nurse and no one. No one else. No Kevin. The tears slowly made their way from the corners of her eyes, along her cheeks and plummeted to the pillow below.

At first she wasn't sure precisely what it was that inspired the water works. The pain, the furstration, the let down that he was gone. She knew he wouldn't be back. There would be no visits. No Visitors. Who else beside Kevin would there have possibly been? The pain became exaggerated with her every agonizing thought. "Why didn't you just let me die?" Struggled its way from her lips. Closing her eyes again, her long, lush lashes littered in droplets.

Last edited by aintright; 11 May 2009, 08:59 PM.
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

They both reacted instantaneously as the heart rate went up according to the monitor, shutting up and moved a little closer to the bed, slipping back in to the “professional mode.”
            Carrie groaned inwardly at the silent comment, exchanged a look with Gloria and then sat down on the side of the bed, careful not to jar any of the tubes and wires snaking in and out of the bed.
            “Because it’s not an option??” She gave Brihanna a sad smile and accepted the napkin Gloria held out with a thankful nod and then slowly dabbed her wet cheeks before placing her hand on Brihanna’s, gently stroking it with her thumb.
            “Brihanna, you’ve just had about the roughest 36 hours one can have in life, so I’m not surprised you feel like this, most sane people would... Now I’m not going to make any promises, but I’m pretty sure that you’ll feel a lot better in the morning.”
            Carrie winced as she continued, “I know it’s tough to be here, being injured, away from home… Having to watch your boyfriend being kicked out of here but… Maybe we can work something out…? Something to make your stay here more bearable?”

Last edited by Northern Girl; 12 May 2009, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Blinking away her blurred vision. Simmons willed away the flow. Her eyes focused on the doctor were lifeless. Missing their earlier twinkle that was there when he was.

"Home, what home. There is no home. There is no boyfriend. No visitors, you took care of that. There is nothing to work out." She looked away and attempted to cough. Her throat was dry and sore. It had not been worth it. Her eyes rolled behind her lids as she tried to fight the agony of the pain that resulted. She groan mutedly.

"You may as well put me under again. There is no one for me to be awake for. Then there will be no need for anyone to babysit me. Just leave me to the machines." She fought another cough that came as she had tried to talk. She tensed in anticipation of the threatening pain. It was too late. Again the wretched waves of anguish took control.

sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                [Dr. Julianna Steele-Med Bay]

Julianna returned Hutchinson's wink with a friendly smile. His words were a big compliment to her. After all, it wasn't every patient that thought to thank the doctors for their work. "You're welcome. Just don't make a habit of needing to be fixed up, and we'll call it even."

The doctor nodded at the comment about the wheelchair. "Yes, it is. I've agreed to let you visit with Valentine for a short time, as long as you don't mind doing so from the wheelchair." The doctor gave him a pointed look before continuing. "As for your release, you'll be happy to know that you can probably be out of here as soon as tomorrow morning. We'll moniter your ankle for infections tonight, and if you can master a pair of crutches in the morning, you can be on your way. I don't want you trying to walk on that leg just yet and risk tearing the stitches out. Let your ankle get a little stronger first." Julianna added the last bit as clarification to her decision. As she waited for the Captain to respond, the doctor prepared to explain herself further if it became neccesary.

Capitan Larry Hutchinson

[Medical Bay]

Larry chuckled at Julianna's comment.

"Deal." The grin staying with him. "Actually, I always have wanted a go in a wheelchair. Probably something to do with those guys whole play wheelchair basketball."

"Yeah that's fine, overnight I can manage, couple of days and you might have me going stir crazy with boredom." It was the truth, but he still manage to say it in a typically Hutchison joking kinda way.

Last edited by Vincent; 18 May 2009, 09:18 AM.
                "I once thought it better to be right
                But now I have finally seen the light
                Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

‘No boyfriend?! Then what the heck was Cooper then? I can’t have misinterpreted him that much now, can I? Or… maybe it’s just one-sided…?’
                  Carrie felt herself frown at the statement and the sense of guilt didn’t exactly diminish at the accusation.
                  From her own point of view and probably most of the staff around here, Cooper had brought this down on himself, but this was Brihanna’s interpretation of the situation, so she let it slide for now. It would do no one any good in trying to explain at this point.

Without any hesitation, Gloria elevated the head end a little bit more and poured a glass of water when Brihanna started coughing, “Take it easy now dear. Nice and easy breaths you know,” then put a straw in the glass hand before offering it to the young woman.
                  “Tell you what; I think I might have a solution to at least one of those problems. Visitors. Because “putting you under and leave you to the machines” as you said, is just not going to happen.”
                  Gloria held the glass steady, offering her a grin as she spoke, “We’ve got another patient from Foreston here, a Deputy Dean Holmes. He was injured in the pursuit of the shooter and he’d very much like to come and see you…”
                  Carrie shot the nurse a thankful look before focusing back on Brihanna, “And maybe I can help a little bit too on the visitors front. I’ve got a request from someone who met you in town this weekend, Zachary Black?”

((OOC:...and this was my 2500th post...oups... *giggle* ))
                  Last edited by Northern Girl; 15 May 2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Brihanna thought to refuse the water at first. However, she had become fond of Gloria and her ways. She slowly wrapped her lips around the straw and sucked out a sip or two. She sighed and breathed slowly as the coughing subsided.

She rolled her eyes at the mention of visitors. Dean, he was always a nice guy, "Is he alright?" Why in the world would he want to see her? "Did he catch the shooter." Her mind was foggy but for some reason she knew she should know who the shooter was. Why? Yet, it was stuck in the back of her mind somewhere. "Sure, I suppose he has questions."

Her head rolled to the side as she looked away from the woman. It still wasn't like having Kevin there. All of the sudden she was fighting the water works again. It wasn't like her. It must be the medicine.

At the mention of Dr. Black her eyes revealed a small glitter of light. "Zachary, he is here." She tried to hide her interest. Although the way his name had rolled off of her tongue had been a give away. "That would be kind of him." The memory of their kiss found its way to the surface.

sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

Carrie slowly shook her head, “No, I’m afraid they didn’t… So the thought of walking to town doesn’t sound too appealing at the moment…”
                      She got up to adjust one of the iv-lines that didn’t look satisfactory, “So are you up for any visitors now? As Gloria said, Dean is down here and Zach is only a radio call away. Any wishes on who to call first?”

Gloria put down the glass, satisfied that she had at least taken a few sips, “It’s your decision, if you’re feeling too tired then I’m sure they would understand…”

Carrie shot Gloria a glance, ‘Always the protective one uh? The one to look after and protect the ones in your care… You’re good at what you do, I’ll give you that… but I really think Brihanna would be beneficial of a visitor right now.’
                      She knew better then to question a fellow colleague in front a patient so she kept quiet for now, waiting for Brihanna to reply.

Comment

Brihanna kept roaming around inside her mind trying to find the shooter. Why was it that she kept feeling she should know who and why. She moaned a little as she tried to adjust her position. Not caught? "Where is Kevin? They didn't make him walk back to Foreston? Her heart was once again racing. The coughing returned. She didn't know why but, she was fearing his life.

She was again trying to figure out how to get out of the bed. "Someone needs to talk to the General. Can I talk to the General. They didn't throw him out there alone did they?" She didn't even hear the offers of visitors in her state of panic.

sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post

Capitan Larry Hutchinson

Spoiler:
                          [Medical Bay]

Larry chuckled at Julianna's comment.

"Deal." The grin staying with him. "Actually, I always have wanted a go in a wheelchair. Probably something to do with those guys whole play wheelchair basketball."

"Yeah that's fine, overnight I can manage, couple of days and you might have me going stir crazy with boredom." It was the truth, but he still manage to say it in a typically Hutchison joking kinda way.

[Dr. Julianna Steele-Med Bay]

Julianna was thankful for the fact that the Captain was still smiling. It showed that so far, his stay in the infirmary hadn't done anything to depress him as it did for most patients. The fact that she didn't recieve any arguments about either the wheelchair or the overnight stay in the infirmary was also a testament to that fact. Julianna couldn't help a slight laugh at the comment about going crazy from boredom. It was the number one complaint of patients, followed quickly by stiffness from laying in bed for so long, and the lack of good food.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that you'll make it through the night here. I'll go ahead and help you into the chair and wheel you over to Valentine. After that you'll be on your own." The doctor told the man with a kind smile.

True to her word, Julianna carefully helped support Hutchinson as he transferred from the bed into the wheelchair. The docotor was alot stronger than she looked and she usually managed to help most patients out of bed and into a wheelchair without the help of another nurse or an orderly.

A short time later she had pushed Hutchinson's chair across the med bay and over to Valentine's bedside. Parking the chair next to the bed, the doctor looked at each of the two men in turn before speaking. "Alright, if that's everything you two need, I'll be on my way. Just buzz the nurse's station when you're ready to return to your own bed." She told Hutchinson.
                          Dear Journal
                          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

First Lieutenant Vincent Valentine & Capitan Larry Hutchinson

Larry was a little disappointed as he sat in the wheelchair, it didn't meet so many of his expectations. Still it made having a dodgy ankle almost worth it, though he decided Julianna could give a good tongue lashing if she needed to so let her do the work.

He grinned as he saw Valentine, nodding to Julianna as she left.

"You're looking perkier." He said with a smile, and it was met with a smile too, though not at the joke.

"Thanks." Vincent's reply was in his usual deep tones. "I might not remember everything, but I do recall you speaking up for me. Thanks, Larry."

Larry wasn't exactly sure how to react, but scratched his head to distract from his embarrassment.

"Least I could do." He grinned a little self consciously. "I'd do it for anyone."

"I would expect nothing less." Vincent stated, Larry took it as a joke and grinned. "Though if you get a dressing down because of me..."

"Nice try." Larry grinned more.

"I once thought it better to be right
                            But now I have finally seen the light
                            Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
                            I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
                            Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

< Recovery 2 >

‘Oooh crap…!’ Carrie groaned under her breath, ‘Not again! Me and my bedside manner! What did I think? You didn’t think!!’ and then lowered herself down to Brihanna’s eye level as she struggled to get out of bed.
                              Gloria, from her side, reached across the bed and grabbed a hold of what she could get; the back of Brihanna’s surgical gown.
                              “Brihanna! I need you to calm down and listen to me, okay? Look at me!” Carrie took a firm hold of her patient’s face to make sure they had eye contact, “They’re not throwing Kevin out of here on his own, alright? As the situation is I’m sure he has an escort of some sort…”

Comment

[Staff Office-Dr. Julianna Steele]

After leaving the med bay, Julianna heded straight for the staff offices, hoping to update a couple of the electronic patient files and catch up with the status of the patients she hadn't visited. She poked her head slowly around the corner of the office doorway, and breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that the office was empty. At least she wouldn't have to explain anything right away about why she was here instead of taking it easy in her quarters. Actually, if everything went well enough, she wouldn't have to explain her presence at all, and Tim would be the only to know that she was ever in the office today. That is until Gus got the chance to read the electronic files and saw who updated the patient status for the Deputy, the Captain, and the Lieutenent. But she knew that she couldn't just leave the infirmary without noting that she had visited patients.

Sitting down behind her computer Julianna quickly set to work on the files, again hoping that she would have enough time to finish before being discovered by someone, especially if that someone was Gus.
                                Dear Journal
                                My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X