Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Dr. Julianna Steele-Nurse's Station/Office]

Julianna sighed with resignation. "Yeah, for now." She nodded respectfully to Tim, and took her leave knowing that the pile of paperwork on her desk wasn't going to get any smaller. "I'll be in the office if anyone needs me."

Quickly heading for the staff office, Julianna mentally went over all the patient files that still needed to be updated. Once she arrived at her desk, she took a few minutes to make a neat stack of each file that needed updating, and ordered them according to priority. And hopefully by mid-day tomorrow the only patient left would be Capt. Natasha Bystronski. David, the SF, and Julia were all ready to be moved into their own quarters.
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

When James brought back her dinner, a grin spread across her face. She eyed the food hungrily that was plonked in her lab. She attacked it with gutso. She was pleased to see a chicken sandwich and fruit salad, along with the bottle of juice that she had requested.

"I haven't heard anything new since you left. I hope we get to see him soon, as I have team stuff do tomorrow," Astra said, munching away on her sandwich.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
      My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

< Nurses’ station >

Sam headed out to the nurses’ station and after a careful look around and one glance at Tim he sat down next to him. ‘Vengeance is sweet’ hovered in the back of his head.
        Tim lifted his gaze from the screen as Sam sat down.

“Hi, everything went well in there?”

“Yeah, for being Williams that is, forgot his dinner plate and tucked himself in instead.” Sam shrugged “But I’m not his “mom” you know. Anything new out here?”

“Dr Steel came by and said you could let Williams colleagues in…” Tim did a motion with his head and looked at his watch “…about now.”

Sam sighed and got up “No rest for the wicked uh?”

“Nope” Tim watched him leave and then returned to his report, an idea of a suitable pay back was beginning to take shape in his head; it just needed a bit refinement.

<Waiting area>

Sam went over to the two linguists by the waiting area.
        “Hi, just wanted to let you know that it’s ok for you to go inside and see Dr Williams now if you’d like. He’s the only occupant in there at the moment so he wouldn’t be too hard to locate”

NPC – Sam Walker, RN

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

[Med Bay]

The Med Bay was empty, safe for him, David saw, when he decided to look around again. The male nurse who had brought him his dinner had since disappeared. He eyed the nightstand, upon which stood said dinner, untouched. David smiled, and pulled the stand towards him. Lifting the coverplates off the food, he looked at the meal savouring the smell, and began to eat from it, using the cutlery provided. The lemon chicken was definitely delicious, he mused, enjoying it a lot.

He sat there eating, and enjoying his solitude. The excited hubbub of the other rooms in the Infirmary had long since died down totally, and it was once again quiet as a mouse. It made him enjoy the food all the more since he was able to focus totally on the smells and taste.

Comment

[ Dr. James Parkers - Infimary ]

Astra explained to James that she had received no news on the status of David. James nodded and told Astra about the mess hall,

"There's something happening in the mess. It's off limits at the moment. Looked like some sort of meeting." James shrugged, "Don't know." He took a bite of his sandwich and welcomed the taste. He was very hungry and it satisfied his appetite. Taking a few more sips of his water he sat back and waited, still eating his food. He couldn't help but imagine what was happening in the Mess but reminded himself that it wasn't important. Just an inconvenience. Sighing he finished up his sandwich and threw the packaging into a bin.

Then a nurse came over and informed them that David was ready to receive visitors. Thanking her James rose from his seat and waited for Astra to take the lead.
            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
            LOVE HIM-> DT
            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

"I wonder what's going on in the mess and why it's been shut off from everyone?" She wondered.

When the nurse came over and told them that they could go and see David now, Astra jumped up quickly and headed towards the med bay area. She put her rubbish in the nearest bin for she'd finished her dinner before the man came over and spoke to them.

"Hey, David," Astra greeted, when she walked over to the linguist.

"Next time go to bed if you're tired," she scolded gently. "You gave us all a scare!"
              Last edited by Stargate78fan; 27 January 2008, 11:58 AM.
              sigpic
              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

"Oh, hi," David smiled at Astra, a bit weakly.
                "Yeah. I'm very sorry about that. I don't know how it happened, to be honest. One minute I was looking at books, next thing I know I wake up here. Oh well. What's happened has happened, and I'm hoping to get discharged tomorrow morning."

He looked at the man beside Astra. "Hi James. Thought you'd have gone to bed by now. Isn't it getting late?"

Comment

Astra smiled at David.

"We were very worried about you, knowing that you haven't been well lately. I'm glad we get to see you and I seriously have no idea what the time it is. I should stop playing mother hen as I guess you'd be getting that from the nurses," she said grinning.
                  sigpic
                  My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

"Hey, I think the linguist department needs a bit of a mother hen! Especially when the nurses aren't around," said David with a wink, though there was a touch of seriousness under that. "Seriously. As my case has shown, we need someone to remind us to eat and all that stuff. Would you like that job?" He grinned, liking her a lot. She had that happy-go-lucky air about her. "All in fun, though, I don't know... it's necessary.". He hated being cryptic like that, but he didn't really want to put her in a position that she didn't like.

Comment

She remembered how Brian used to do that with her and the kids, now it seemed like it would be her playing the role of mother hen.

'Brian would find it amusing. He always did have a twisted sense of humor,' she thought.

"Hey I can do the job!" she said with a cheeky grin and a wink. "Though we should be looking after each other seem as we are a small group of people on this Base."
                      Last edited by Stargate78fan; 27 January 2008, 12:36 PM.
                      sigpic
                      My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

[Infirmary Intercom]

The intercom in the infirmary started to blare as a yet another call of someone in distress was announced to any and all available staff.

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan View Post
                        [Outside Steven's Cell]

He reached for his radio with shaking hands. [radio]"Infirmary, this is SF Malscout from the Brig. Steven Bisenti is unconscious with multiple injuries of unexplained origin. Please DO hurry!"[/radio] He blurted out into the radio.

[Dr. Julianna Steele-Office/Nurse's Station]

Julianna jumped up from her chair at the sound of the call, not hearing either the name of the SF who had called in the report, nor the name of the injured person. Just that someone in the brig was severely injured and in need of assisstence, STAT. She knew that Gus was still busy with research in his office, and Carrie and Jensen were off-duty. That left her to respond to the call.

She ran through a mental check list of available rooms as she dashed toward the nurse's station to grab Tim. There was no doubt that he would once again come in handy on this emergency run. As she neared the nurses station she called out to the medic. "Tim, grab a gurney, and your supplies and meet me in the elevator!"

As she passed the waiting area, she nearly ran into Sam. This was beginning to become a habit. "Sam, get Iso. 4 ready. We're going to have company, and I would rather not disturb Dr. Williams and his visitors in the med bay."

That being said, she rushed the last few meters to the elevator and held the doors open until Tim arrived.

<<To Brig>>
                        Dear Journal
                        My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

[ Dr. James Parkers - Infirmary ]

James shrugged at David. Having no answer to his question. Instead he stepped back and allowed him to talk with Astra.
                          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                          LOVE HIM-> DT
                          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

<Nurses station>

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan View Post
                            [Outside Steven's Cell]

[radio]"Infirmary, this is SF Malscout from the Brig. Steven Bisenti is unconscious with multiple injuries of unexplained origin. Please DO hurry!"[/radio]

“What the…!?” ‘Bisenti??’Tim saw and heard Dr Steele come dashing around the corner, shouting.

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post

[Dr. Julianna Steele-Office/Nurse's Station]

As she neared the nurses station she called out to the medic. "Tim, grab a gurney, and your supplies and meet me in the elevator!"

That being said, she rushed the last few meters to the elevator and held the doors open until Tim arrived.

<<To Brig>>
                            “I’m on it!” He grabbed one of the backpacks from under the counter and ran out in the hallway outside the iso rooms, took the nearest gurney, and was back by the elevator in less then a minute.
                            The door closed behind them, and Tim turned to Dr Steele with a bemused expression.
                            “Mind telling me what this is about? Steven Bisenti? Isn’t that one of the nurses down here?”

>>to the Brig>>

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

[ CMO's Office ]

[radio]"Infirmary, this is SF Malscout from the Brig. Steven Bisenti is unconscious with multiple injuries of unexplained origin. Please DO hurry!"[/radio]
                              Gus looked up from his reporting as Bisenti's name finally penetrated into his brain. "NOW what?" he muttered, standing up, grabbing his jacket, and heading out the door. He caught Julianna holding the door open and stepped aside as TSgt Foster came whizzing by with a gurney.

"Want some help?" he said grimly, stepping inside the elevator with them.

<< to the Brig >>

Comment

[Med Bay - Astra, James, David]

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
                                She remembered how Brian used to do that with her and the kids, now it seemed like it would be her playing the role of mother hen.

'Brian would find it amusing. He always did have a twisted sense of humor,' she thought.

"Hey I can do the job!" she said with a cheeky grin and a wink. "Though we should be looking after each other seem as we are a small group of people on this Base."
                                "Yeah. I think that should be our MO, you're absolutely right." David said. "It wouldn't be wise to put all that strain on just one person! And besides, you're off to missions soon anyway, so... Well, um. Did you guys get any further with that freaky tablet?" Something in him told him not to tell them of his decision to go back to Foreston just yet. Maybe because he wasn't really ready to go there, but also because he wanted to explore some more as well, see if there really was a beach. Still, he'd tell them sometime. Or maybe I'll just send an e-mail, yes, that might be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X