Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Med Bay, Dean's bed]

"Just hope that ain't nothing contagious," Dean muttered when the officer in the other bed started coughing. It all sounded quite disgusting, too.
    The clerk's antics did bother him a little though he didn't show it. "Can't have a cold AND cracked ribs, or whatever the heck *he's* sufferin' from..." But the young man had already left. The deputy shook his head at the level of competence of the man, and settled himself up in the bed a little. He looked at the books on the table and picked one up. Hmmm. 2001. Can't say I've read that one... OK here goes...

Comment

Spoiler:
      < Recovery 2 >

Carrie raised her brows a little about the ‘Foreston-acquaintance’ comment, “Oh, okay… Well, she had some surgery yesterday, but she’ll be fine… Eventually…”
      At this point it was all the information she felt she could give out and still maintain the patient-doctor confidentiality.
      “Come on, let’s step out in the hallway for a talk, and let e rave some peace and quiet.” She guided him out of the room, leaving the door wide open though.
      “So, what’s with the shoulder?”
      Carrie reached up and adjusted one of the straps, “Does the sling bother you or is it more pain-related?” She took a step back and gave him a grin accompanied with a sympathetic look.

<<Zachary Black ~ Recovery Two>>

Surgery! No duh. He guessed Carrie wasn’t planning on divulging anything. He understood; the whole patient/doctor thing. He figured he best tread lightly since Carrie and Claire, well women. They talk and stick together and all. He gave Brihanna one more gaze and followed the doctor out of the door.

Shoulder, oh yeah, he was here about the shoulder. “I ummm, you uhhh, I forgot to ask.” He was being as graceful as an elephant in a china shop. “The pain, how long should it last? How quickly should it be going away? And yeah! The sling is very annoying. It gets in the way of doing things.” A smile crossed his face as he thought of Claire. Her little crooked grin as she had told him not to worry she would take care of things. As if it was possible for Carrie to read his mind he began to blush.

“Any suggestions on sleeping with this thing? Not to mention dressing, eating and other basic necessities. I guess a time frame to look forward to would be nice.” And then a time frame on how long before my supposed new girlfriend gets over her ex would be good too. Again his eyes caught hers and he blushed.

Last edited by aintright; 29 April 2009, 01:32 PM.
      sigpic
      SCORE!!
      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

< Just outside Recovery 2 >

With a frown about his sudden change of face color, Carrie then shot a look through the door towards Brihanna before answering “Most of the pain should be gone by tomorrow night, and the sling…”
        She sighed and shrugged, “Annoying as it is, I’m afraid you’ll just have shake hands and make friends with it for a few days, your shoulder needs the rest. For the nights though, it’s okay to take it off, the body is usually kind of protective, favoring the injured part while asleep. As for the every day life…”
        She offered him grin and used a deliberately innocent tone, “How about letting someone help you out more? Maybe Claire. I’m sure she’d love to if you’d let her… at least with most of the things …”
        Being right handed and said arm to no good use could be a real pain in the... Carrie did her best not to giggle or blush, doctor or not...

((OOC: What? Don't laugh! I know what it's like to have my right hand in a cast for 6 weeks...))
        Last edited by Northern Girl; 01 May 2009, 10:38 PM.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

<<Zachary Black ~ Recovery Two>>

Josh listened in a distracted manner. His mind and eyes kept drifting back into the recovery room. He really didn't like the response he was getting anyways. One day I really need to learn to be less of a klutz. Rolling his eyes at himself as he sighed. "Thanks for the prognosis doctor. Anyway to get something to help me sleep?" He somehow doubted he would get the Claire prescription again anytime soon.

“How about letting someone help you out more? Maybe Claire. I’m sure she’d love to if you’d let her… at least with most of the things …”

He flushed further at her grin and comment. A sly grin crossed his face, "Can I get that in writing. I mean can I say that its 'doctor's orders'?" Zach shook his head at the grinning doctor. An overwhelming desire to ask if she had a spare nurses outfit to give Claire. Before the thought even completed within his mind he could feel both Claire and Carrie smacking him. He snickered slightly.

Last edited by aintright; 04 May 2009, 08:41 PM.
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

< Just outside Recovery 2 >

Carrie dug up a note pad from her pocket and started writing with the wall as support, “Leave this note at the nurses’ station and make sure you’re able to lay down for a period of at least 6 hours whenyou take it ‘cause it’s kind of effective,” tore off the note and handed it over “I don’t want you to wander off and hurt you anywhere else, and about doctor’s orders…”

She leaned her back at the opposite wall, holding her hands behind her back and letting her have a free view of the recovery room, “Just tell her it‘s a trail for the future and if she’s having trouble with that; send her down here and I’ll talk to her. I’ll probably stick around here for the rest of the evening and night anyway…” ‘except for that little thing called a mission briefing’ a little annoying voice whispered in the back of her head, ‘Yeah, yeah, what ever…’

Last edited by Northern Girl; 04 May 2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Vincent View Post
              First Lieutenant Vincent Valentine

[Wherever I left him last]

Cigarettes have numerous effects on the human body, some of the better know include lung cancer and emphasyma. Less well know causes include Carbon Monoxide poisoning and the paralysis of ciliated epithelium in the oesophagus. This paralysis stops mucus from being wafted up the windpipe, however a short break from smoking the paralysis wears off and a large amount of mucus is wafted up.

This is the reason for the smoker's cough, and why they have to smoke to get rid of it.

It was also the reason why Vincent woke. Painfully.

The coughing fit sent shock waves of pain through his brain, he coughed and spluttered for half a minute or so, then collapsed back into the bed his eyes screwed up and one hand rubbing his forehead.

"Urg..." The moan was cut off by a single cough. Vincent sighed and accepted defeat. He sat up and looked around the room. Then reached for the laptop, already bored of sitting around.

"Behave or it's the floor for you." He mumbled at the machine, powering it up. It was a few moments in when he remembered how much he hated the mousepad of laptops.

He opened the schematics the alters had given them and read through some of their notes, rubbing the stubble on his face absently.

Captain Larry Huchinson

Larry woke at the sound of another patient's coughing fit, he sat up, running a hand down his leg to the old wound. Now re-stiched and clean, courtesy of Dr. Steele. He'd have to find her and praise her work.

He heard a familiar voice from nearby him, possibly said louder than intended. He put two and two together. Valentine was up again. Good news, no one liked to see a member hurt but Larry especially.

After a moment's thought he hit the call button, knowing better than to just get up and visit the Lieutenant.

"I once thought it better to be right
              But now I have finally seen the light
              Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
              I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
              Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

<<From Quarters (?) >>

[Dr. Julianna Steele-Nurse's Station -. Med Bay]

Julianna knew that she had agreed to take the rest of the day off, but she hadn't been able to get a lot rest with the persistent announcements about the power fluctuations that were happening throughout the base. When the first flickerings had happened, it took everything in her not to dash immediently to the infirmary to make sure the backup generator was working like it should. If there was a major problem, she knew that the nurses would page her to come assist with manuel monitering of the patients. She mentally ran through a complete list of everyone in the infimary. After about thirty minutes, no call came, and so she accepted the fact that everything was working correctly in the infirmary, and they didn't need her to come help.

An hour later, Julianna still hadn't been able to get her mind off her work. It was both a blessing and a curse. The doctor finally decided to make one quick trip to the infirmary, just to make sure, but she promised herself that after she had the reassurance she needed, she would go work on some of those sudoku puzzles she had hidden in the desk in her quarters. At least it was a better way to pass the time.

Julianna spied Tim McGee, the medical clerk, coming from the direction of the med bay and wrinkled her forhead in curosity. Before she could ask him what was happening the clerk rushed up to her with a bright smile on his face. "Dr. Steele, I'm glad to see you. Holmes, the Foreston deputy, buzzed the nurse's station. Uh, there wasn't anyone else available, so I went to check on him. Anyway, I wrote down a note for you. Here."

The man handed her a piece of paper, and Julianna smiled as she read the writing on it. "Thanks, Tim. I'm not really here officially, but it looks like you can use the help. I'll go talk to him." Glancing at the switchboard that indicated which bed had buzzed the nurse's station, Julianna realized that more than one light was flashing.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know...that you weren't here-here. I can..." Tim started to apologize, but was quickly interupted by Julianna.

"It's ok, really, if I didn't go talk to Holmes, I'd end up doing something else anyway. By the way, is anyone checking on that other call?" She indicated the switchboard with a nod of her head.

"No...it wasn't there earlier...must have just came in....I hope it isn't that guy who sounds like he's coughing his lungs up." Tim confirmed the bed number quickly. "No, it's not him. This is from Bed 4. Do you want me to check on him?"

Julianna shook her head. "Actually, that would be a bit of a help while I talk to Dean. I know it's not your job Tim, but we all appreciate the help wherever it comes from. Who was the coughing patient you mentioned by the way?"

Tim checked the bed numbers quickly before answering. "Bed 4...Valentine."

"Ok, I'll check on him as soon as I'm done with Dean."

Tim nodded his understanding and watched as the doctor grabbed one of the clean white coats from behind the nurse's station and followed her to the med bay.

Julianna entered the med bay, and took a casual glance around all the beds, before her gaze landed on Dean's bed. She smiled at the Foreston Deputy as she approached. "Hello, Dean. How are you feeling? Tim's note said that you were 'better,' but do you think you can be a little more descriptive than that for me. Please."

[Medical Clerk McGee-Med Bay]

Tim McGee stopped at Captain Hutchinson's bed and stumbled through an introduction to the man much as he had done with Dean earlier. "Hi. Can I help you? I'm Tim, by the way...I'm not really medical personnel, but maybe I can help. Uh... I can take a note or something for you to give to the doctor...? She's uh...busy now, but she'll can come check on you in a minute if you want her to...?" He concluded with an uneasy shrug.

((Hope that all made sense, I'm little out of practice ))
                Dear Journal
                My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Captain Larry Hutchinson

[Med Bay]

Larry looked up at the man who responded to the call, Tim.

"No worries Tim, it's not hugely urgent. Just wondering how long it might be until I can get out your way. And if that's not soon, if I could visit Valentine for a short while, we're team-mates." He gave Tim a small smile, despite his nerves he seemed a nice enough guy. "And don't do yourself down, everyone here is as important as the next. Officers won't bite your head off unless you're being a total a$$, and those that do are the a$$e$ anyway."

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

((*clap clap* you sure don't look(read? ) it JM ))

[Med Bay - Dean's Bed]

Dean looked up from his book when the doctor entered his curtained area, and then listened carefully to her words, filing everything equally carefully to memory. To him this was a matter as natural to anyone else as breathing was.

He put the book away, and looked at her, and smiled.

"Well, uh, doctor. Thanks for stopping by. I just woke up about half hour ago, I think. I felt fairly good, so I pushed that button to tell you guys. You ask me now to describe 'good'. Well ... I'm not dizzy or anythin'. My head feels normal. No cotton wool feeling, no nothing. Not even a headache. Though, that last could of course be attributed to the pain killers you're giving me for my ribs." He grinned a little, still quite appreciative to the fact that he was feeling no pain anywhere. This aside, the deputy knew very well he wasn't in a state fit to be released yet, but he asked anyway.

"OK. Now that you know what's what. What can you tell me will happen to me in my near future ? How long will I have to stay here on the base, and will I be mobile ? I guess once I can walk, I'm supposed to go straight back home ... still, I am curious. I wanna see more of this place." Holmes was still quite curious about the military base and its workings. He'd only been here once - with his arrival through the Gate and then right out to Foreston. Which had been such an event in and of itself, that he had forgotten most of the details of the base's layout. Dean hadn't really wanted to come back here, but now that he was here, he felt it his duty to snoop around. After all, one needed to know one's enemies. Not that he personally figured the military were his enemy, but there were people in the town that he had sworn to protect, that did think along such lines.

Comment

[Dr. Julianna Steele-Med Bay]

Julianna picked up Dean's medical chart as he was talking and made a few notes in it. The lack of pain was good, but it was definately due to the drugs, she thought to herself, noting that his last dose of painkiller had been introduced to his IV less than two hours ago. At least it was working. Dean definately seemed to be thinking more clearly than he had been the last time she had seen him. He also seemed to be breathing slightly better, she noted with satisfaction. "I guess you really are doing better. Not great, but definately better." She said in a kind voice, but was quick to clarify before the deputy got too carried away. "I'm actually very pleased with your progress so far. Just keep taking it easy, and those ribs will be healed sooner than you know."

The doctor braced herself for the question that she knew was coming next. Smiling, she thought through how to answer without sounding too much like a prision warden. However, before she had fully formulated her response to the 'When can I leave?' question, the true meaning of Dean's words reached her ears. He actually wanted to stay on base for a days?! Wait. No, that wasn't what he said. What he said was that he wouldn't mind learning more about the base. Well, at least it was a way to make sure his time was occupied with something other than worrying about going home, Julianna thought to herself as she made the decision to go with his suggestion.

"Well, since you still haven't shown any signs of serious internal injuries, normally you would be able to go back home in the next day or two. In this case, however, you're right in assuming that you'll have to be able to walk first. And since it's a relatively long journey back to Foreston, I'd reccomend an extra few days on base just to be sure that you won't collapse half-way there. Rib injuries have a way of drifting in and out when it comes to pain." The doctor explained, hoping that she didn't sound too much like a text book. "In the mean time, I don't think there would be any problem if I had one of the nurses show you around base. There'll be some areas you can't see of course because it's classified, but you should be able to see most of the base. Actually, a little field trip would be good for you. And if you really don't want to stay on base until you can hike back to Foreston, the General could probably arrange for you to accompany the gentlemen who make the supply run on Sunday. You survived the trip here, so I don't think the trip back will aggrivate your ribs too much, and besides by that time, you'll be even better than you are now." She said the last part with a grin and waited for Dean to comment.

[Medical Clerk Tim McGee-Med Bay]

Tim scribbled on his notepad for a second before speaking. Hutchinson....also wants out. He was suprised by the Captain's kind words to him. He wasn't really nervous about Hutchinson being an officer. He was nervous because he didn't feel qualified to really be dealing with patients on this level. When the teams came in for pre and post mission checks, he was fine. As long as nobody was injured too badly. "Well, uhm...thank you, I think, for saying everyone's important." Tim told the man when he could finally find his voice.

He cleared his throat once and then got back to the business at hand. "I'll let the doctor know to come talk to you about release....And Valentine....He's the guy coughing, right? Um, yeah, sure, I don't think that would be a problem..." Tim said, casting a short glance over his shoulder to see if Dr. Steele was available yet. "I'll let the doctor know about that too." Tim scribbled more on the pad. Wants to talk to Valentine.

"Anything else you need?" Tim asked a little more casually than when he had first entered the med bay.
                      Dear Journal
                      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                        Spoiler:

((snip))

He also seemed to be breathing slightly better, she noted with satisfaction. "I guess you really are doing better. Not great, but definately better." She said in a kind voice, but was quick to clarify before the deputy got too carried away. "I'm actually very pleased with your progress so far. Just keep taking it easy, and those ribs will be healed sooner than you know."

((snip))

"Well, since you still haven't shown any signs of serious internal injuries, normally you would be able to go back home in the next day or two. In this case, however, you're right in assuming that you'll have to be able to walk first. And since it's a relatively long journey back to Foreston, I'd reccomend an extra few days on base just to be sure that you won't collapse half-way there. Rib injuries have a way of drifting in and out when it comes to pain." The doctor explained, hoping that she didn't sound too much like a text book. "In the mean time, I don't think there would be any problem if I had one of the nurses show you around base. There'll be some areas you can't see of course because it's classified, but you should be able to see most of the base. Actually, a little field trip would be good for you. And if you really don't want to stay on base until you can hike back to Foreston, the General could probably arrange for you to accompany the gentlemen who make the supply run on Sunday. You survived the trip here, so I don't think the trip back will aggrivate your ribs too much, and besides by that time, you'll be even better than you are now." She said the last part with a grin and waited for Dean to comment.

[Med Bay - Dean's Bed]

"Great !"
                        Dean grinned as she said he was indeed doing better.
                        "That's great ! I'm glad to see your prognosis is the same as mine !"
                        He then listened to what else she had to say. It all seemed to be fairly reasonable. So reasonable in fact, that somehow he felt sure there would be something unforeseen, some kind of difficulty along the way. Oh, he was being too paranoid ! Can't turn into Cooper... His brain processed everything she had said, and he turned the words this way and that. Sunday. He was going back home Sunday ! That thought did do wonders to the mood. What day was today ? Tuesday ? Wednesday ? Did he really sleep that long ?! Somehow, he didn't think so, but with a concussion one was never really sure.

Belatedly he realised she was still waiting on his response.
                        "Oh, sorry, there were some things to think about, and uh ... thanks. I'll... I guess you'll tell me when or something. I got to ask though. What day is today ? I remember it was Sunday when it all happened. So it can't be further than Tuesday, can it ? How long have I been out ? When was it that I talked to Mike and Betsy, I can remember that ?" It did worry him to have seemingly lost so much time.

(( OOC: I think it is still Monday evening. Maybe 8 pm. Don't really know! That phone call probably happened on Monday morning, I can remember a post about Betsy waking up. ))

Comment

((OOC: It's Monday, like 17 maybe 18, since the SG3-briefing is at 1900 ))

Comment

Julianna watched patiently as the expressions played out across Dean's face. The doctor knew how important it was to keep good relations with Foreston, and if that meant allowing the deputy to tour the more public areas of the base, then she didn't think the General would have a problem with it. And medically, there was no reason she couldn't allow it, as long as he agreed to stay in a wheelchair the whole time and not try to walk until he was more ready to do so. When Dean finally spoke, his response didn't suprise Julianna. Thus far the man had been extremely cooperative with all of the staff, so his acceptance of her words was expected. Although, the fact that he had seemingly lost track of time was a little disconcerting, it wasn't something she needed to be alarmed about. People frequently lose track of time when they drift in and out of sleep for several hours and don't a clock nearby to help them moniter the passing hours. "It's still Monday actually." She told him, then looked at her watch to get the exact time. "About 17:32 actually. I know it probably feels like it's been longer, our brains have a tendency to play tricks on us like that." The doctor explained casually.

After a brief moment of silence, Julianna spoke again. "Do you feel up to eating a little dinner? I'm not sure what the mess has, but I'm sure it's better than not eating anything."
                            Dear Journal

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                              [Medical Clerk Tim McGee-Med Bay]

Tim scribbled on his notepad for a second before speaking. Hutchinson....also wants out. He was suprised by the Captain's kind words to him. He wasn't really nervous about Hutchinson being an officer. He was nervous because he didn't feel qualified to really be dealing with patients on this level. When the teams came in for pre and post mission checks, he was fine. As long as nobody was injured too badly. "Well, uhm...thank you, I think, for saying everyone's important." Tim told the man when he could finally find his voice.

He cleared his throat once and then got back to the business at hand. "I'll let the doctor know to come talk to you about release....And Valentine....He's the guy coughing, right? Um, yeah, sure, I don't think that would be a problem..." Tim said, casting a short glance over his shoulder to see if Dr. Steele was available yet. "I'll let the doctor know about that too." Tim scribbled more on the pad. Wants to talk to Valentine.

"Anything else you need?" Tim asked a little more casually than when he had first entered the med bay.

Captain Larry Hutchison

Larry gave Tim a wicked grin.

"No problem. Yeah that's Valentine." Smokers cough it sounded like, filthy habit, but an addictive one. Larry would let it pass for now, the pilot already had enough trouble on his case. "Thanks Tim, that'll be it."

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

[Med Bay - Dean's Bed]

Food ? It was the last thing on Dean's mind. Though his stomach did wake up at the thought, and told him that it could actually use a little sustenance. Still, he was glad with the responses of the pretty doctor, and smiled.

"OK. Still Monday. I can live with that; and yeah. I could eat a little somethin'. Why don't you surprise me, doctor ?" He smiled at her. The deputy had no idea whatsoever what their mess typically served as food, and he kind of figured it wouldn't quite be the same stuff as he was used to. Betsy's cooking wasn't nearly as good as Swanson's, but Holmes didn't really know that, and had gotten used to her sometimes odd combinations. Which he actually found quite tasty !

Comment

Working...
                                X