Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((No problem on both accounts. ))

<Waiting area / Nurses’ station >

Gus caught the wave from Tim as he made sure SG7 moved away from the waiting area and in to the Med bay and walked over to the counter.
    “Yes, Tim?”
    The clerk held a hand over the speaker and spoke in a low voice as he handed over the receiver, “Someone’s got a head wound up in the General’s office.”
    ‘When it rains, it pours…’ With a small sigh, Gus grabbed a pen and a piece of paper, “This is Dr Aaronson. How can I help?”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Spoiler:
      *He was wounded in the side of his chest
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Through the phone came a slightly shaky voice, "Dr. Aaronson, Perris here. I have a Commodore Will MacGregor passed out on the floor of the general's office. He's bleeding from a wound in his side."
        Nick could be faintly heard. "Pulse is rapid and little unsteady. Breathing is shallow and fast. Semi-conscious."
        Galen repeated the information and asked. "Anything we can do before the medics arrive, doctor?"
        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

Gus nodded and scribbled on the note, trying to focus on both Perris and Nick’s voice in the back ground, “Not much you can right now. Just make sure he’s got a free airway and see if you can find something to keep pressure on the wound.”
          He changed grip of the phone, squeezed it between his ear and shoulder, flipped page on the note pad and wrote some more on it before he pushed it towards Tim.

‘Cmdr. Will MacGregor’s file??

Get medic on call there!’
          Tim gave him an affirmative nod and moved over to the radio to page the medic and started to pull up files on the computer for the CMO to see once he’d finished talking.

“I know Callista keeps a first aid kit in the office; see if you can find something in there to use for the wound. Nick probably knows where to find it.” Gus walked around the counter to be able to read over Tim’s shoulder as he continued to speak in a calm, reassuring tone, “I’ve got people on the way as we speak, and please don’t move him until they get there.”
          That last part was probably unnecessary, but one never really knew how non-professionals handled an emergency. He’d been around for to long to take anything for granted and it also let him keep track of things up there until his staff arrived.

Last edited by Northern Girl; 25 June 2010, 05:32 AM.

Comment

<<from hangar bay & locker rooms >>

A quick detour via the locker rooms ensured Julianna was now back in her USAF uniform (with white lab coat over it), officially ready for duty. The clothes felt like home and she'd sighed happily putting them on again. Home, this was home! The happy feeling soon made way for a professional calm however, as the doctor entered the Infirmary and saw all the people gathered there, in the waiting area. Oh my lord, what is going on?

She gently pushed her way through the crowd, muttering soft "'scuse me, passing through" noises, and made her way over to the nurses' station. Oh, Gus! There he was! Julianna smiled warmly, and went over to greet him.

"Hey, Gus. Guess who's back? I see they truly weren't lying up there at the bay, it really is a madhouse..." It hasn't changed, she thought fondly and then realised he'd been talking to someone on the phone. OK... focus, Julianna, focus. You *don't* want to get sent back to Foreston, do you?

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'll wait for a little bit back there," Julianna said, smiling a little sheepishly, then retreated in the nurses' small office behind the front desk, waiting there until Gus was off the phone.

Dr Julianna Steele

Comment

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Oranos View Post
              <<Med Bay>>

He'd gotten started and never stopped. He'd blurted out things he wished he hadn't. And now, because he wasn't as strong as his dad had tried to make him, he had Josh's overwhelming sympathy. It made him sick.

He slumped over, defeated, and wishing he'd been more cautious in his retellings. Did Josh need to know how much he looked up to and admired Stevens? Did Josh need to know that he was torn between waging a small war to get her back and forever shoving her out of mind?

But what was done was done, he figured. Besides, he continued to reason, running a hand through his already disheveled hair. Josh could probably have made an educated guess about this team's dynamics. If Captain Crescent was her right hand, then he was the sometimes stubborn and uncooperative left.

So he might as well continue. After all, there was still the somewhat prevelant sense that, as much as he hated this, he was doing the right thing. He took a small step of faith.

"No." His blue eyes lost their focus. "I don't know."

Robert shrugged. "There's my own blood, the one that trained me, that made me what I am today, and beat me, but claimed I wouldn't amount to much. But then, I know that I wouldn't be here without him."

He remained expressionless, his face a complete blank, like an artist's white canvas. "Or the one that took a chance on a young marine lieutenant. She accepted me, attitude problem and all, and stuck with me. I guess I meant something to her, too, since she was so willing to put up with my crap."

When he thought of it that way, it seemed stupid that he'd ever side with that *******. He and Stevens hadn't known each other nearly as long, obviously, but he still thought of her as his mother. But maybe that was because he just wasn't used to people giving a damn about him. "It's not like she ever said what she thought of me, though. We had our share of disagreements, sure, and I tended to completely overreact, but she was more than patient. My dad would have godsmacked me into next century."

He could have become someone without those lessons, the ones that taught the harsh realities of life and imparted the many skills he would need to follow in his father's footsteps. But without those same skills and training, officers on this base were getting along just fine, and were succeeding, while he was left floundering. But with them, and with some rededicated effort on his part, he had the potential to be better than good.

If he ever saw her again, though he didn't for a second believe that he would, he promised that he'd be the officer she deserved. But he swore to start sooner than that. There was only one problem. He'd already begun to consider throwing his silver bars on the general's desk.

He looked at the chaplain funny, hit with a sudden thought. "This conversation doesn't leave these curtains, does it?" If he was going to keep talking about this, he needed certain assurances, and he realized that he really didn't know how this sort of thing worked.

Hughes, his usual skeptical self, amended his earlier question. "If you believe God's listening, that doesn't count."

Chaplain Josh McGregor ~ In search of SG-5

"Aye, I think ya do know." Josh shared a deep sincere look with the man. It was so much easier to deny or push away the feeling for another when you were faced with such painful circumstances.

"So Lt. Hughes, who is it that you credit with your current situation?" Sure he had suspicions of the answer. Yet, he knew the man before him needed to share it, state it, face the answer that seemed so obvious.

Again the words of deep fondness for the Major bubbled to the surface. Again the Chaplain fell silent and allowed them to spill over.

Then again the attempt to cover and protect the vulnerability he revealed, "Of course, you have my every confidence. This chat is just between us." A snicker followed to the man's final comment. "Ach, I know HE hears all. HE knew of what we would speak before we even met." There was a light in his eyes and a tone in his voice that now revealed his fondness and vulnerability.

sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

The archaeologist was surprised to see Vincent, but didn't get a chance to greet him before he was whisked off to be treated.

' I will have to catch up after the mission to see how he is going,' she thought to herself.

Astra listened to the CMO Major Aaronson when he approached them, addressing all of them and she then went into the Med Bay area where she found an empty bed. The archaeologist hoped up onto the bed and didn't have to wait for long for a Nurse to attend to her.

"How can I help you?" The Nurse asked her gently.

"A premission check up please," Astra replied.

Astra watched as the Nurse gathered her equipment and it wasn't long before the medical was over.

"Well, that was quick and painless," Astra said pleased.

The Nurse chuckled. "We try to make them as painless as possible. You're clear to go." She assured the other woman.

"Thanks," Astra said.

After her medical she went and waited for her team mates. She sat in one of the chairs to wait for her team.
                Last edited by Stargate78fan; 26 June 2010, 07:33 PM.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Markus Redd listened to the orders given by the CMO and he moved to the Med-bay. And like the CMO said, a nurse was with him shortly.
                  "I am guessing you are here for your premission check-up." said the nurse looking at Markus' file.

"That's right." Replied Markus, "This is my first mission."

"First mission? Well, that means that your check-up will be pretty fast. Seeing that you will have no prior wounds and other things I would normally have to check." stated the Nurse as he began the Check-up.

A little while later, Markus had completed his check-up and was ready for the next pre-mission step. He waited for the rest of the team to get done with their check-ups.
                  Aftermath RP
                  Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                  Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                  SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                  Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                    <<from hangar bay & locker rooms >>

A quick detour via the locker rooms ensured Julianna was now back in her USAF uniform (with white lab coat over it), officially ready for duty. The clothes felt like home and she'd sighed happily putting them on again. Home, this was home! The happy feeling soon made way for a professional calm however, as the doctor entered the Infirmary and saw all the people gathered there, in the waiting area. Oh my lord, what is going on?

She gently pushed her way through the crowd, muttering soft "'scuse me, passing through" noises, and made her way over to the nurses' station. Oh, Gus! There he was! Julianna smiled warmly, and went over to greet him.

"Hey, Gus. Guess who's back? I see they truly weren't lying up there at the bay, it really is a madhouse..." It hasn't changed, she thought fondly and then realised he'd been talking to someone on the phone. OK... focus, Julianna, focus. You *don't* want to get sent back to Foreston, do you?

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'll wait for a little bit back there," Julianna said, smiling a little sheepishly, then retreated in the nurses' small office behind the front desk, waiting there until Gus was off the phone.

Dr Julianna Steele

Gus turned towards the well known voice of Julianna and gave her smile. He covered the mouth piece, whispering “Welcome back Julianna.”
                    There were a few moments of muffled conversation at the other end of the line before Perris got back with a ‘Thank you’ and then hung up.
                    He placed the phone on its charger and gave Tim a questionable look.
                    “Medic and orderlies are on their way.”
                    “That’s good. Thank you Tim.”

He sat down by the computer and skim read Will’s file before turning towards Julianna, “Not that I’m not grateful for you being back, but I believe I told you to stay away until 7 am tomorrow morning.
                    Gus grabbed the stack of clipboards from the counter, placed them in front them without opening them and looked at Julianna with grin, "Was Foreston really soboring that you had to get back here ahead of time? If that's so, then I'll have to revoke all upcoming LOA's for my staff..."

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by Ryn View Post
                      << Med Bay >>

David had been dozing a little, and had almost fallen asleep when the curtain got rudely pushed aside. He startled, blinking himself fully alert. When she got "physical", he pushed her hands away from him and pulled his shirt back down.

"Doctor! Leave me alone, I'm not wounded, okay?! I'm fine, just waiting to get cleared so I can go back to my lab. The lieutenant refuses to talk to me, and Stevens is missing, and Kari..." He looked up at her, indignant yet scared too, in a way.

"H... how is she? She's not... she's not dying, is she?"

David really wanted an update first, it'd been too long without news. Kari's wound hadn't looked fatal, but he really didn't know anything about staff weapons nor what kind of damage they could do to a person. For the first time ever, David wished he knew a little more about weapons than just some photographic memory-related things.
                      It was weird in a way how focusing on this kept the mission-related panic at bay. During the chat with the shrink, it had sunk to the background but was now back to the front, just because he was concerned about Kari. He did of course not know her all that well yet, but her own background was similar to his and that had given them the beginnings of a possible friendship. And of course she'd served as a buffer between him and the snide comments from Hughes...

He bit his lip and looked up at the doctor, thoughts running wild.

<<GRRRRRRRRRR!>>

Startled at the shove, Kinagi stepped back. She looked over the notes on the chart. Finding the chair in the corner she sat down and crossed her legs. "Okay, we can get back to that."

Listening to the man it was obvious he was in anguish. Her heart tore slightly for him. How had things become so turned around. She felt her palms began to sweat.

"The LT is with the Chaplain. They did seem to be talking, I can have him visit with you afterwards if you like. Kari will be fine, she is in excellent hands. Her wound will take awhile to mend. But, before you know it she will be like new." She forced a small smile of sympathy.

Taking a deep breath to broach the subject of the Major, "Stevens is tough, very tough. I have seen her overcome so much. She will find her way home. Of that I am certain. Until then, she will need you to remember everything you can. Any and every clue you can provide the rescue team will expedite her return." She looked deep into the man's lovely eyes. "Do you think you are ready to work on that?"

Cocking her head to one side she awaited his response.

sigpic
                      SCORE!!
                      The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

<< Nurses' station/office >>

Julianna smiled again, a sure sign of just how happy she was to be back.

Watching Gus and Tim, she leant back against the nearest file cabinet, crossing her arms, although her face showed nothing but smiles and maybe a hint of irony in her voice.

"No, not boring at all. In fact, I was having so much fun back at Jack's, I probably wouldn't have heard the alarm in the early morning and thus, gotten in late... Plus I hate walking through a dark forest to get here, so I decided to get back this evening. Night shifts usually are quiet, aren't they?"

He deposited the stack of files in front of her. She mentally groaned, although not that whole-heartedly, and really, she couldn't wait to tackle 'em. Really.

"Ooo-kay. Maybe not so quiet. What's the most urgent? Oh, and everything else is status quo? Or are there any other developments I need to be aware of?" Julianna guessed he would've ordered the stack according to urgency, anyway. Gus was like that, efficient as always. She looked up at him expectantly, wondering if anything really exciting had happened in the last five days. What have I missed? Should've strayed a little longer and listened to Werner's gossip... Security folk always knew every little thing going on, it was their job.

Dr Julianna Steele

Comment

<< Med Bay >>

"No, no, not the LT. He hates my guts, that much is obvious. Though, I... no." He had a hard time pulling himself back together. He took a few moments.

"I... " David cleared his throat and started over. "Um. I couldn't tell you any details. I never saw the battle, I was out of harms' way. As per orders, they just.... didn't trust me I guess. Didn't trust me to not get in trouble. Which. Um. Is kind of OK. I wouldn't have trusted *me*, either. So I just sat there and listened. Then got out until it seemed all clear. The... the local Jaffa might know more. They, um, they were a big help to us. Though, of course, that planet is probably overrun by now, maybe we can't trust them anymore. I don't know. I've no idea! No idea." His memory regarding the mission was a huge jumble, the mission-related stress quite taking over whenever he tried to remember something.

He ruffled his hair, then shook the head as if to clear it.
                          "Uh. Stevens. Yes, she's tough, she seems so, arrogant, would be the word, but I guess female military have that way about them, she'll find her way, though it will be without my help, unfortunately, I highly doubt Blue will let me get *out there* again..."

What Sujie said about Kari, had him looking up again, relief evident in his voice.
                          "Oh, I am glad. Believe me, doc. I think the LT would take it out on me, if she wasn't OK. Hughes is nuts that way. And, and, I ... I liked her, too, yes, I like... her." Correcting himself at the last second. Present tense.

"Uh. Is... is it OK if I, um, sat with her a little? Don't know if she would like it, but, well, I can only try, there's no one else for her, isn't there?" He belatedly realised this could all be explained in a variety of ways. "Oh, it's... um, merely professional. I can't really say she's my friend even, I mean, we've only just met..." He just sat there on the bed, legs dangling down, looking quite lost and confused.

Comment

Elena listened to Aaronson orders and moved to the med bay after she got a quick nod of approval from Lance along with the rest of her team. She landed on an empty bed next to Astra, awaiting for a nurse to show up.

Soon enough a nurse showed up in hurry.

"Hello, Leiutenant, you're waiting for you pre-mission check up, right?"

"Right and correct."

"So, is there anything worriying you at the moment? And were you off-world before?" - Nurse said as she was getting the necessary equipment ready.

"Worries? Well, old wound is itching... Old break in right shoulder is aching a bit, so the weather will change in a day, I guess. .. Nothing else I can think about right now... And last time I was off-world was more than 7 months ago."

"Oh, then we'll be done fast."

Ten minutes later Lena's check-up was completed and she now was waiting for all other members of her team.
                            Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 28 June 2010, 07:48 PM.
                            Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

< Nurses’ station >

“You could have waited to report back to duty, but,” Gus heaved a sigh and grinned, “You being you; I should have made it an order. I’ll remember to do that next time.”
                              He motioned towards the chair next to him, “Have a seat and let’s do this the old fashioned way, shall we? Sitting rounds before the shift start?” and grabbed the first four charts, belonging to SG-7.
                              “Pre-mission checkups. I just had them move in to the Med bay and the nurses there are beginning as we speak.”
                              Gus looked up as the doors closed behind Lance before moving on in the list, getting through the files of SG-5’s members, the latest update of Brihanna Simmons recovery including her encounter with the healing device and finally getting to Claire. “Her MRI-pictures should be ready any minute. Marcia promised to call me when she had them ready for evaluation.”
                              He placed Claire’s file on the top and took a deep breath, “And that is what we’re dealing with right now, but prepare your self for a long night. Dr. Greg Shelder, a newly transferred scientist from Shanstid appears to have developed SSF. Timothy Foster is on his way down here, hence me clearing the waiting area so darn fast. I’ve prepped Iso 4 for them…”

Gus shot a glance towards the computer in front of him, “…and as icing on the cake; a Commadore William MacGregor keeled over and hit his head up in Nick’s office. Medics are on their way.”
                              He pursed his lips and then grinned towards his colleague, “I told you, you should have stayed in your quarters…”

((SSF = Shanstid Spotty Fever ))

Comment

<< Nurses' station >>

"An order?! Oh, really, Gus!" She replied, somewhat mockingly, but her eyes were twinkling as well, enjoying this banter between them.

As Gus started to fire off all the patients, Julianna then started to take mental notes as well as paper ones (on a handy empty notebook she'd found in one of the drawers, it was easy to find if you knew where to look).

Pre-missions, OK. Maybe Gus could deal with them. Brihanna, oh that was good news! She smiled upon hearing it, it would sure go down well in Foreston... SSF? OK, a quick look in the database would refresh her memory, it sure did sound serious, though, given Gus' reaction... And then somebody had hit their head, OK ...
                                She nodded gravely, reviewing the files along with Gus. A chart of an SG-5-member did catch her attention, this staff blast sounded just like what she needed to get back into the swing of things. Surgery just had that way about it.

She grinned a little at the final joke. "What, and miss all the fun? You know me better than that, Gus. Anyway ... Um. I think I should start with this captain Crescent first. She looks like she's been here the longest and a staff blast is pretty serious. Oh. I almost forgot. Where's Carrie? This should be right up her alley, but I see Sujie's been handling this...? What's going on, Gus, is there something you're not telling me?" Julianna wrecked her memory, but couldn't come up with a reason for her friend not being around. It was puzzling, for sure. Carrie wouldn't have left the base again, would she? Julianna fretted, this was unlike her. There'd been no sign of the surgeon in Foreston, and Julianna was sure she would've been told. If not by Carrie, then at the very least the Garrison would've informed her.
                                Where was she?!

Dr Julianna Steele
                                Last edited by Ryn; 29 June 2010, 10:36 AM. Reason: Julianna + Carrie = best friends!

Comment

Working...
                                X