Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Staff Office]

Julianna felt her mouth open involuntarily at the shocking news that Steven had been the one to punch Gus. Somewhere at the back of her mind she had a feeling that was what the CMO was going to say, but she was still suprised. "You mean, Steven did this barely 24 hours after extensive brain surgery! I guess we can ignore all those complaints about how much pain he's experiencing." She shook her head briefly recovering from her initial reaction to the news. "Sorry, Gus. Guess, I'm just not quite sure how to deal with this yet." The doctor said quietly.

Julianna sighed and offered the other doctor a half smile when he brought up the very subject that she hoped he would forget. "I know I should be. But you know that I can barely stay out of here for more than a couple hours without going crazy. Everytime I do leave, my head just stays in here." The woman tilted her head from side to side a few times, trying to relieve some of the tension in her neck, suddenly realizing just how tired she was feeling. She reached one hand around the back of her neck to massage at a praticularly sore place, and continued. "Captain Bystronski is back there fighting for her life. We owe it to her to try and figure out what's wrong, and try to fix it. I mean, these readings are....puzzling, to say the least." Julianna indicated the file on top of her desk with a wave of her hand.

NPC – Julianna Steele, MD
    Dear Journal
    My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

< Staff office >

“I know. That makes more or less three of us since I just kicked Carrie out of here as well. I think we all have that problem to actually drop what is happening here when we do get a chance to leave this mad house. But for your own sake you have to get out of here Julianna, and at this point, I’m actually considering pulling rank on you and ordering you to get out of here.”
      Gus carefully bowed his head forward and dabbed a piece of gauze under his nose to check if the bleeding had stopped ‘Okay, looking good...’ then slipped a sigh and reached over towards the file before looking back at Julianna.
      “If it’ll make you feel better I’ll have a look on Natasha’s file and get back to you if I find something. Now go... please…”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

post reference

[Recovery Room #2]

“Genetics, that’s what it is. She is closer to my genetics than you are, but you are half of your father. You look like him and his sister.” Alex said. “You and Rachael will come to have a very unique relationship. You know this you can sense this. She has my memories and can answer many of your questions.”

“I understand how you feel,” Alex said, trying to reassure Nat of her. “You remember Janus that is good. Tell me what else do you remember, journey through your mind and find him.”

‘This is going to take longer than thought. I hope I can hold on that long.’
        Alex thought, “You cannot say such things, you were brought to this time for a reason. Janus saw something that even I couldn’t see.”
        sigpic
        Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

[Staff Office]

Julianna knew that Gus was right, she did get away from the madhouse for a while. If she wasn't fully rested, then she would be of no use in the infirmary anyway. Besides, the last thing they needed to worry about was having one of the doctors collapse from exahaustion. Part of her wanted to argue that she knew where her limits were and she would rest and eat when she absolutely had to. But the other part of her, the more rational part, knew that it was better to be in top form all the time, not barely hanging on by a thread. She sighed and offered Gus a tight smile. "Ok. You don't have to order me, I'll go."

She listened to his promise to let her know if they figured anything out about Bystonski, and nodded slowly. "Alright, I'll have my beeper." The doctor relented. Julianna made quick work of logging off her computer and cleaning up some of the clutter around her desk, before standing up to head out the door. "Gus...." She started, turning around briefly to meet his eyes. "I'll see you later." She finished the sentence lamely after deciding that she wasn't really sure what she wanted to say.

She knew that the look in her eyes would tell the CMO everything that he needed to know. She was sorry for her reaction in the OR. She was sorry for not handling this situation better. She was sorry she hadn't noticed anything off with Steven long before any of this happened. And she was greatful, greatful to Gus for not giving her a hard time about any of it, and greatful that he knew enough to know when to step in and make her get out of the infirmary when she needed to.

Julianna walked confidently out of the staff office, past the nurse's station, and out of the infirmary. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Mary smiling as she changed the doctor's status to 'out of office for the rest of the day'.

<<To Quarters Stairwell>>
          Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 18 July 2008, 07:12 PM.
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
            <<Kevin Cooper ~~ Brih's Room ~ Infirmary>>
            <<NPC ~ Joshua Samuel McGregor SG Chaplain ~~ Brih's Room ~ Infirmary>>

Spoiler:
            Josh closed his eyes and lowered his head. He was grateful for the warmth and company of the nurse. The thought of taking this alone with Cooper and Fuentes, well. He fought the sudden urge to laugh out loud. He began with an audible prayer of thanks in his calm, confident, soothing voice. He expressed gratitude that Brihanna had such wonderful care, that her condition was one that could be tended to, that she was blessed with the company of a 'boss' (a little emphasis on that part) that showed such concern for her welfare. He then suggested that each continue in quiet prayer of their own thoughts. In which he did.

Kevin was okay with all the stuff that the Chaplain had quietly shared with all in the room. When it came to the do it on your own part he suddenly froze. As the others bent their heads he made eye contact with Fuentes. He was apprehensive, could she read his face. Did she realize he hadn't truly bought into all of this stuff? He quickly squeezed his eyes closed in total discomfort. It had been a little strange when they had all held hands. He had felt a little contrite holding Jennyfer's hand after his earlier feelings. It was obvious that she was doing it on the utmost, above board of conditions. Then it hit him if there was a GOD and he was here now at the request of prayer he was hearing all that was running through his mind. It caused him increased duress that started to raise his blood pressure again. He began taking short deep breaths and then screamed within his own mind, If you are real, if you are really out there. Then why? WHY? Why would you allow this to happen to her. She was innocent.

Little did he realize that his hands were now perspiring. His breath was ragged. He was lost in his shouting match with someone, something he wasn't even sure existed.

< Recovery room 1 >

Gloria walked over to stand a bit to the side as the small prayer group locked hands with each other. She considered herself a firm believer in the higher powers, and having worked as long as she had in this line of duty, she’d seen her fair share of what could be miracles; but there was a time and a place for everything, and right now it was time to attend to the physical care of the patient. In her opinion, the spiritual part was not her responsibility; after all, there were those that were professionals about that.

She gave Cooper a reassuring smile when he made eye contact and even though she wasn’t really sure about how to interpret his facial expression and body language, she silently went over to him and gave him a squeeze on his shoulder, and whispered to him
            “I know it’s hard, but try not to worry too much sir. We’ll take care of her… That’s what we’re good at…”

NPC - Gloria Fuentes, RN, head nurse

Comment

< Staff office -> Staff lounge>

Gus made an attempt to grin as he waved towards Julianna, though the grin was probably more of a grimace due to his throbbing nose “Yes, catch you later. Like tomorrow.” and then watched her retreating back.
              With a deep sigh, he got up from the chair and headed for his office to get a change of clothes, maybe some more washing up and a closer look in the mirror; something he did not look forward to, but still, he didn’t want to frighten anybody he might meet looking the way he did now and then might have something for the pain… And a new cold pack…

About ten minutes later he walked out of his office with his lap top and Natasha’s chart under his arm and moved on to the staff lounge to get a bit to eat while he caught up with the last events on the captain in recovery 2.
              After some rummaging around he found a pasta salad, some bread and a bottle of water and sat down by the table in the middle of the room, spread out the surprisingly small amount of previous medical records on the table and booted up his lap top to be able to search the data base if needed.

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

Spoiler:
                “Genetics, that’s what it is. She is closer to my genetics than you are, but you are half of your father. You look like him and his sister.” Alex said. “You and Rachael will come to have a very unique relationship. You know this you can sense this. She has my memories and can answer many of your questions.”

“I understand how you feel,” Alex said, trying to reassure Nat of her. “You remember Janus that is good. Tell me what else do you remember, journey through your mind and find him.”

‘This is going to take longer than thought. I hope I can hold on that long.’
                Alex thought, “You cannot say such things, you were brought to this time for a reason. Janus saw something that even I couldn’t see.”

"Yeah, the mystery of Genetics. I've read a bit about it and a lot of other stuff too. It's just.... never mind." Natasha digressed at the end, not really wanting to get there right now. She had to solve the mess in her mind before she could deal with the one in her heart. She finished with a simple "I know, somehow I always did know..."

"I don't recall much about him except that he seemed to be a big man, but that's probably because I was too small at the time..." She said as the image of her uncle came from her memory. "He also used to say that time was all that we had like he could control it somehow." She added as something else came to her mind.

Once more the room morphed as another memory emerged in Natasha's mind. Not anymore they were at the Gaian base, but at a forest's skirt in some Milky Way world by the planet's Stargate. An old man was holding the little Varia in his arms, trying to make her stop crying. The little baby missed something, a feeling, a sensation, a presence that was no longer there by it's side. That pain of loss also pierced Natasha's heart as she remembered that moment. Until now she couldn't recall how much her younger self had hurt before the pains that were fruit of her chosen job and the loss of her adopted parents.

"That man is Josiah, my grandfather. He wasn't all that good with children or maybe I was a little too much for him at the time. He was old, maybe too old. Is that why Janus became my guardian instead?" She asked curious.

As the memory played in her mind, the Stargate came to life and the chevrons began to light up as the inner ring spun. Varia, the baby, just began to cry more and more. A small gateship, a puddle jumper, emerged from the event horizon and parked just in front of the gate. Josiah walked to the back compartment as it opened and a big, handsome man, dressed in the typical Ancient style walked out of it and greeted them wholeheartedly in a mix of sadness and joy.

"It's Janus, my uncle. He arrived to pick me up from the world I was born at in a ship. As seen in the gate chevrons the ship came from that same world where the Tok'ra took Maybourne." She said to Alex who stood beside her. "I've seen that ship... at the SGC! It's a time ship. That oval device is the time warp controller." She added as she looked inside the jumper as the scene unfolded and the two men decided the fate of little Varia. Alex wanted her to go with Janus since he was still young for an Alteran, calm and had no family of his own. He'd be the perfect guardian.

Janus took Varia and caressed her head, gaining a beautiful giggle and a smile in return. It was the very beginning of his guardianship of her. He said goodbye to Josiah and closed the jumper's back compartment. Now Natasha's and Alex's view changed as they moved from the outside to the inside of the back compartment of the jumper. Janus placed the baby in a beautiful makeshift crib over the second seat beside his and caressed her again. His caring ways made the baby feel safe and Varia stopped crying as he activated the ship and took them back to Maybourne's planet.

After they jumped through the gate, the room morphed back into the Infirmary recovery room and other thoughts filled Natasha's mind. "Oh my!! Some things begin to finally make sense. Time travel! That's how I got here, to this time frame! But why?" She said as it hit her. A lot began to make sense all at once, so much confusion unraveling in her mind. Now what she didn't understand was why such a loving man and careful guardian as Janus left her to the good will of the Bystronski. Something told Natasha that it would be a memory better left buried in the past, but she knew she wouldn't have that choice.

"What are you talking about?"
                Natasha asked to Alex's last words.
                Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 17 July 2008, 12:01 PM. Reason: Fixing a few mistakes
                Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

>> from Quarters >>

“See if you can find Gus, the more brains, the better, I’ll go this way” Carrie took right as they exited the stairway and headed for his office, the most likely place for him to be with no real emergency going on.
                  No such luck though, so she continued down the corridor and shot a glance inside the staff office just to be on the safe side and then walked over to the SF outside recovery 1.
                  “Have you seen Gus... Umm, I mean Dr Aaronson lately?”
                  “Yes, ma’am.” He smiled and made a motion with his head towards the end of the corridor. “Try the lounge, I think he went in there a while ago…”
                  Carrie returned the smile and took off again. “Thank you!”

She knocked on the doorframe, just as a precaution as she entered the room, not to startle her boss and slumped down on a chair opposite him.
                  “I think I might kn… What the heck happened to you?!” Carrie stared at Gus’ as he looked up to her, holding a cold pack against his face.

Comment

<< From Quarters >>

Delen took some time to find a shadow to follow her around to the Infirmary, but she couldn't scape the lengthy stream of questions from the guy to which she had to answer every one of them before giving one step forward towards the place she wanted to go.

Maybe it would've been better if she'd said she was sick from the get go and faked some ill being. That wouldn't be difficult for someone with Delen's knowledge, but now it was too late. The unending questioning was over and Delen and the SF were already inside the nurse's station as the Aran woman had requested.

"Hello, I'm Delen Treisa. I'm looking for Dr. Carrie Svensson. She asked me to look for her here by this time." She said with her heavy alien accent just after both doctors had entered the Infirmary space in search for Gus. A minute less and they would've met with Delen at the entrance.

Delen Treisa - Aran refugee

((OOC - Sorry for taking too long to get her here. Yesterday was chaos here.... ))
                    Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 20 July 2008, 08:55 AM.

Comment

[Nurse's Station, Nurse Mary Irving]

Mary watched fascinated as first Carrie, and then Julianna burst from the elevator and took off in opposite directions. Obviously something big had happened that prompted the return of the off-duty doctor. Shaking her head to herself, she quickly changed both Carrie's and Julianna's status to 'In Office'.

Before she could get a chance to process anything further, another face appeared at the nurse's station. She smiled warmly at the new comer, and listened as she explained that she was here to see Carrie. "Ok, Ms. Treisa, you can have a seat in the waiting room over there I'll page Dr. Svensson for you..." Mary said, pointing in the direction of the waiting room. She knew that it could be awhile before Carrie was finished with whatever business prompted her speedy return to the infirmary from her lunch with the Major.

************************************************************

<<From Quarters-Stairwell>>

[Infirmary Entrance -> Nurse's Station]

"Last time I saw him, he was in the staff office." Julianna called after Carrie. She wasn't sure if the the other doctor heard her or not, so took off toward the left. Eventually Gus would show up.

After a minute of searching, Julianna guessed that Carrie had found him and headed back toward the nurse's station in hopes of meeting the two of them there. She arrived just in time to hear Mary offering to page Carrie for a woman standing at the nurse's station. "Sorry to interrupt, Mary, but unless there's some kind of emergency, we're a little busy at the moment." Julianna told the nurse meaningfully, hoping that she would understand to do whatever she could for the visitor and to hold off on paging Carrie for the moment.

The doctor then turned toward the woman and with a practiced eye, checked her for any outward sign of injury. She vaugely recognized the woman as being one of the Aran refugees that the Romans had brought through the 'gate the day before.

Last edited by JacksonMiracle; 20 July 2008, 02:08 PM.
                      Dear Journal

Comment

[Nurse's Station]

"I'm sorry to intrude, but maybe I can help with your emergency? I'm what you call a General Practitioner, a Doctor too. Svensson called me down here during breakfast to help in what she called a challenging case. I couldn't let that one pass. You know, I haven't exercised my profession since we were forced to leave Ara. It seemed like a good idea to lend a hand." Delen said to Mary and Julianna in her typical direct way after accidentally eavesdropping on their conversation.

"But if you feel it's best that I stay here and wait for a while, no problem. As a refugee, I don't have much to do or anywhere else to go." She added waiting for Julianna's reply.

Delen Treisa - Aran Refugee

Comment

[Nurse's Station -> Staff Lounge]

The doctor studied the refugee woman as she spoke. They really could use an extra head in figuring this one out, and maybe, just maybe, the woman's background could help them. She wasn't sure how much the other woman knew about human physiology, but the doctor knew from experience how similar some aliens were to humans. Besides, if Carrie trusted her, that was enough for Julianna to trust her too. "Alright. No promises on how Gus is going to feel about it, but this is a rather unusual case, and we could use the extra help." Julianna agreed to let the other woman help them. "Follow me." The doctor offered the alien woman a smile and led the way down the hall toward the staff office and lounge.

As they walked, Julianna introduced herself briefly to the other woman, and tried to explain the situation. "I'm Dr. Steele, but please, call me Julianna. We have a patient that seemingly collapsed for no reason. She's never had any history of medical problems to my knowledge. Since collapsing, she's been in a coma, but wth a highly unusual level of brain activity. In fact, at one point, we almost lost her. Most recently, she started to show some signs of coming out of it, but her brainwave patterns are still at the coma level. We're due for another update soon, but don't expect any change." Julianna smiled sadly to herself as they reached the staff lounge.

She poked her head in the door and seeing both Gus and Carrie in the room, entered the rest of the way. "I brought someone that might be able to help." Julianna explained the Aran woman's presence quickly, giving Gus a look to let him know that she knew what she was doing.

Dear Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            She knocked on the doorframe, just as a precaution as she entered the room, not to startle her boss and slumped down on a chair opposite him.
                            “I think I might kn… What the heck happened to you?!” Carrie stared at Gus’ as he looked up to her, holding a cold pack against his face.

Staff Lounge

Gus looked up to from his laptop when he heard Carrie's voice. The round he didn't try grinning, as to the nose was still throbbing and slightly bleeding, "God damn SOB Bisenti's work," he shifted the pack on his nose, as his voice was reasonably cold, "He slammed the damn fist into my face."

Before Carrie could reply, he saw Julianna walk in, listening to what she was saying, he looked at her, "There's no harm in hearing the woman out. I think we might need all the help we can get for this."

Looking at the other woman he waited for Julianna to make some introductions.

((If I'm not playing him in IC I can always edit. Bear in mind that this is my first time in playing Gus.))

Comment

< Staff Lounge >

'Steven did that?? I thought he was tied up.' Carrie winced in sympathy when she saw the battered nose but didn't comment on the CMO disobeying his own orders about having that man in restraintes at all times “Aouch, that got to hurt…” then looked up as Julianna and Delen entered the room.
                              “Oh, hi Delen. I’m glad you found your way down here and just in time too.” She turned back to Gus.
                              “Gus, this is Delen Treisa, one of the Aran refugees that arrived yesterday. I met her at breakfast and it turns out that she’s in our profession, maybe with a slightly different approach to medicine then we have, but in this case I think it might be a good idea to have an outsider look on things, so I invited her here...” Carrie looked back at Delen and made a motion with her hand towards Gus. “Delen, meet Dr Gus Aaronson, our Chief medical officer.”

Last edited by Northern Girl; 21 July 2008, 10:11 PM.

Comment

[Staff Lounge]

Julianna was glad that Carrie was taking care of the introductions, knowing that she was much better at it than she was. The doctor was only mildly suprised to hear that Carrie had met the other woman at breakfast, and hadn't mentioned anything before now. It had been one of those days when the doctors barely had time to breath, much less talk about the aliens they met at breakfast. And suddenly the thought of food had Julianna trying to remember the last thing she had eaten that day. She'd eaten what passed for a Gaian apple just a few minutes before Gus had come in the office with his busted nose, but that really hadn't been enough to fill her up.

Glancing across the room, she spied a fresh pot of coffee and headed straight for it like a bee to honey. After fixing herself a cup, she turned to the rest of the doctors in the room. "Anybody else want some? I've got a feeling this is going to be an interesting discussion. We have tea too." She offered the last part to benefit Delen, not sure if the other woman drank coffee or not.

Dear Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X