Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Recovery Room #2]

Natasha continued to try to release herself from the place inside her mind where she was "locked". She kept knocking furiously at the mental door that separated her from the outside world as a way to brake through it. Her life signs had improved much since Rachael left and now she lied in a delta sleep like state. Her mind was active again. She could feel that whoever gave her that chance to wake up, that lifeline, was still somehow close. Though unknown to her Rachael had already left the room.

((OOC - Time to begin to wake her up.... ))
    Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

((OOC-at first i am going to play it that Alex is pretending to be Rachael)

[Recovery Room #2] -

Alex stood close to the bed looking over Natasha, she could feel that she was beginning to feel signs of her regaining some of what she had lost. 'She still needs much guidance, this would of been easier had she know from the start.' She smiled down at her than took a step closer to her and reached out and touched her arm, moving her hand down her arm finally ending and clutching her hand.

Waiting for her to clutch it back, "Nat," she whispered in a low voice, a familiar voice that of Rachael's. "You can wake up now. It's alright."
      sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

((OOC - OK))

[Recovery Room #2]

Suddenly Natasha's surroundings changed. She opened her eyes and saw Rachael in the recovery room by her bedside. Was it just a crazy dream? She remembered getting to the Infirmary with Claire and Carrie. She remembered the deafening sound of many voices piercing through her mind and then she remembered being trapped in that dark room.

'Am I free? Am I awake or is this my crazy mind playing more tricks at me?' Natasha thought to herself and decided to give the situation the benefit of the doubt.

"What's going on? Where are we? Is this some part of the base's Infirmary? I don't get to be in Infirmaries much, you know. Just the pre and post mission checks...." She told Rachael, not sure what to say or to believe.

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

Alex held on to the hand, "Its alright, you are in the base recovery room," she tried not to give to much away in her voice, "You have had a rough couple of days, we almost lost you, several times."

Looking down at her she said, "Let me help you sit you." She helped her to sit up than moved the bed position to the upright. "I know you have a lot of questions, and there will plenty of times for answers."

She than let go of her hand and pulled up the a chair and sat down in it, "I can help you come to grips with the reality that you have face." Alex bowed her head for a moment, than looked up at her. 'She is so beautiful I wish I could really be there for her.' She thought still feeling a connection to the one she left. 'This would be so much easier on the three of us if I was.'
          sigpic

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

"Recovery room? I guess my little brake down wasn't so little after all." She said still a little unbelieving of the situation, but willing to accept it as true.

"Thank you, Rachael." Natasha said as her friend helped her sit, but something felt out of place. "The answers I seek no one can give me, my friend. I mean the ones I'd really wanna know." She said with a grief filled tone.

The next phrase made her realize that something was indeed off with that scene. "What are you talking about?" She asked Alex. 'How does she know I've been struggling with myself? I know I was quite vague when we talked about it yesterday.' She thought.

Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 15 July 2008, 07:26 PM.

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

"Yeah you had me worried." Alex said with genuine concern.

'She is beginning to see,' Alex thought, 'Now I must push her.' Alex looked directly at her, "You have the answers to those questions, I am merely here to help you find them." She said in a vague tone, still trying not to give to much away, 'She has to realize on her own. I can't tell her.'

"Why do ask questions to which you already know the answers?" Alex said to her, "Search through your own mind, you will find the answers you seek. I can help you if you let me in." Alex moved the chair a little closer to the bed.
              sigpic

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

"I'm sorry for worrying you."
                Natasha said with a genuine concern in her tone of voice. She wasn't used to people worrying about her well being. It was all too odd.

"No I have no idea where I came from or why my parents abandoned me to the good will of other people. I have no idea why I'm such a freak!" Natasha shouted at Rachael not caring what she would think about it or her mental stability. Natasha somehow felt the answer to those question were within arms reach at last, but still not close enough, not clear enough.

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

Alex closed her eyes for a moment, 'Emotional outbursts, could be a good sign.'

"You are far from a freak, Natasha." Alex said trying to reassure her. "Don't try and break through the barriers that separate you from the answers you seek. They will come down, but you have work through them."

Alex again looked directly at Natasha and pushed at her own mental blocks in her mind, 'I guess I am going to have to force this out of her, force her to see.'

"Do not think they did not love you, your mother loves you more than you know. I truly know this." Alex said no longer able to fight back the flood of emotions that began to engulf her. 'I would of done anything to keep you with me. Anything.'
                  sigpic

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

"That's a question of point of view I guess. Maybe it's normal to you what I do, but.... something is wrong here. You're not Rachael." Natasha said with an incisive voice once Alex pushed through her mental blocks.

"She said the same when I told her about me, but didn't feel the same way that you do. Who are you? Why are you playing tricks with me looking like Rachael? Don't I suffer enough? What do you want from me besides delivering a pack of lies?"
                    She asked not believing in her eyes. What was going on? If that whatever thought Natasha would believe so easily in that little story about the woman who abandoned her, she didn't know Natasha at all.

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

"Sometimes someone else point of view should matter more than your own. Others see you for more than what you are, but what you could become." Alex smiled at her, "Finally some honesty, from you."

Alex cloths started to change subtly as they talked more, "No I am not Rachael, I chose to carry on this faced for a while. It was easier on you, you had to realize and see who I am. Look deep inside yourself and you will know."

Alex finally let go of the emotions that she had held in her and tears welled up in her eyes, "I am playing no tricks on your mind, not any that your mind has not already created. I was simply playing along." She than pushed the chair back and stood up, lowering her head for a moment and her cloths changed completely, to a long dress light blue (Similar to what the woman on Sanctuary wore). When she lifted her head her hair changed to straight long red hair and her eyes showed the wisdom of her eyes.

"I do not lie to anyone, you least of all. For you can see through them." Alex said, "Now look inside your mind and tell me who I am." 'I wonder if she will remember my name, or her name.'
                      sigpic

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

"Yeah, like what? A glowy squid of doom? Thanks, but no thanks. Everybody dislikes them deeply. Though they still keep some bewilderment about the whole idea of Ascension. I don't really care. I just wanna be myself. Whatever that means, I really don't know." She said with honesty and a bit of sarcasm.

"I'm almost always honest. Well, I omit a lot, but I don't lie.... too much." She said a bit ashamed, but knowing it was inevitable. She couldn't be entirely honest with everybody, could she?

When Alex's clothes began to change, Natasha began to get uneasy. She felt like shrinking away into nothingness. Alex began to frighten her. As a soldier she had to fight, everything she knew told her to fight. "It was easier to lie to me? OK. So I'm supposed to know you?" Now Natasha was just fighting for the sake of fighting.

Looking at the morphed figure beside her, Natasha let go of her fighting instance when she saw the tears fall from Alex's eyes. Her pain seemed genuine enough to be believed, but it was just too hard to believe in her at the same time. Natasha didn't know if she should listen or shut that woman off her mind. The doubts began to crumble upon themselves as she let go and began to drift at the sound of Alex's last words.

The room began to morph again as it did before, but this time Natasha knew that she was the one causing the change unlike before. She was now standing by the corner of a baby room. It somehow felt and smelled familiar. It was an old memory. She could recognize it as such.

'Who can remember themselves as babies? Oh dear! Is that even me? Yes, it is me.'
                        Natasha thought as the scene happened again as she remembered it. She kept her eyes on her 6 month old baby self as the woman who was talking to her, Alex, walked inside the room and talked to the baby dearly and painfully like saying an unwanted goodbye for the billionth time. She was talking in a language that felt strange, but all the same familiar and known to Natasha. A mix of Latin and German sounds. As she kept watching the scene unfold, the language barrier vanished and she remembered what those words meant. At this point both Natashas began to cry.

The room morphed back into the base Infirmary recovery room and Alex was still there. "So you were saying the truth." Natasha gave up fighting altogether now. "I remember some more now." She said in a small voice, full of pain. "You're Alexandria Lessari, my mother. You called me Varia. You were afraid that you'd loose control of your mind at any time and leave me alone. There was nothing that you could do to stop it or so you thought. You also talked about your older brother, a man named Janus, who was to be my guardian once you were gone. That's all I know. All I can remember. At least now I know why the name of Blue's symbiote sounded so familiar. That's also the name of my uncle." She said in a detached tone. It was still hard and painful to believe. She really didn't want to dig more, but she had a feeling that mom wouldn't give her a choice.

Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 15 July 2008, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                          [Staff Office]

Spoiler:
                          Julianna mirrored Gus's posture perfectly, but didn't return the grin. "Nope, not a chance. My first guess would be a civilian afraid of getting a flu shot. If it had been anyone with military training, there's no way your nose wouldn't be broken."

The doctor squinted her eyes, trying to read the expression on the CMO's face, which was difficult since most of it was covered by the ice pack. But his eyes were widely available for her inspection, and truth always lay in the eyes. "Hmm......" She sighed, and relaxed back into her chair, as if giving up on trying to figure what the other doctor was thinking. "It's ok. I don't have to know. And I'll reserve passing judgement for now."

Julianna had known Gus for far too long to think that he was done talking to her. No doubt, he was going to use this opporunity to lecture her about what she was still doing in the infirmary. After all, she would do the same thing to him.

NPC – Julianna Steele, MD
                          < Staff office >

Gus tilted his head back again, to let it rest on the backrest and closed his eyes. ‘Better fess up sooner rather then later, she’ll find out anyway.’
                          “I made an utterly stupid mistake. I forgot the psych ward 101; Keep your distance when dealing with violent patients.”
                          He took a slow and tentative breath through his nose ‘Yep, still there, still working’ before continuing.
                          “I released Steven for a neuro check and a trip to the bathroom… He tripped on his way out of the facility and his fist accidentally made contact with my nose. The SF that was in there zatted him and he’s now resting comfortably in his bed, restrained and with no signs of further trauma…”

Gus adjusted the cold pack slightly and opened his eyes so that he could make eye contact with Julianna again and spoke with a soft voice.
                          “Now, tell me; what’s your excuse for still being here? I can understand that you stayed to help out during the surgery and we all really appreciate that you did, but that was a while ago, and since you had the nightshift, you should be in your quarters by now. Resting.”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

“The beginning of a journey is the hardest part to pass through.” Alex said standing behind her as she looked over at herself, than seeing herself through the eyes of her child. The pain of the memory of that day was still very fresh in Alex’s thoughts, one of the few that she could feel in this existence, or rather one of the few she could draw on from the link with Rachael, and there will be many other memories that would help Natasha along her own journey. “I used the faced of Rachael, because as you yourself can see, she looks very much like me, because she is my descendant, and because she carries my memories all of them.”

“The mind is an extraordinary tool my dear, Varia.” Alex said wiping the tears from her face that escaped her eyes. “You just have to learn to use it.” She took a deep breathe, “There was nothing I could do to stop it, to stop what was happening to me. Trust me, I would have done anything to prevent myself from leaving you behind. My last thoughts were only of you, and the life that you would lead. I may have ascended that day, but trust me my love for you never left. I never truly left your side, I was always there.”

“You remember much, but you can remember more.” Alex said, “You mind is still fragile but you have to push it. Your life depends on it, more than you know. There is no easy way to do this, not for you. Had you grown up with the rest of us, you would not have this problem; we would have recognized your gift and taken steps to help you develop it, so that it would not have taken over you.”
                            sigpic

Comment

[Recovery Room #2]

"It's really a remarkable resemblance. She looks more like you than I do." Natasha said feeling the complex of the adopted child who finally meets with the bio parent and recognizes someone else got there first. "Somehow I always felt that the Ezekiel's were the answer for my loneliness, my lack of true ties with the universe... Now it makes sense." She said drifting off, her wounds were beginning to get exposed.

"Tell me about it." Natasha just said in a small voice taking in the new information and trying to process it all.

"I was afraid you'd say that...."
                              She said when her fears became true. Alex wasn't going to let her scape by the tangent. "I don't know what to do. What has already happened cannot be undone and I don't know what to do with myself now." She said bitter and then her tone changed into a resolute one. "Maybe it's better for everyone that I don't wake up anymore."

Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 16 July 2008, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by Northern Girl View Post
                                < Recovery room 1 >

“I’m sorry chaplain, but I am not joining you in your prayer today” Gloria said with a firm smile on her face and took control of the curtain “I think our good Lord will be forbearing wit me for that and; the curtain stays open. Thank you!”
                                She slowly moved the curtain back to its original position, careful of not making any loud noises, before facing the chaplain again.
                                “Now, I’ll expect this to be a peaceful and quiet moment. Agreed everybody?”
                                She let her eyes wander between the members of little group as she spoke. That one of her staff, and especially Jennifer, wanted to join in on something like was not to uncommon, and as long as it didn’t interrupt the work; she had no problems with it.

NPC - Gloria Fuentes, RN, head nurse

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                                [Nurse Jennyfer Santiago-Recovery 1]

Jennyfer had a feeling that the closed curtain would not be something that Gloria would agree to, but she had to give the chaplain credit for at least trying to give Cooper some of the privacy that he had requested. The nurse's thoughts froze when the head nurse met her gaze. She knew the infirmary rules about staff getting involved in 'such matters' as many other nurses would put it. And she hoped that her return gaze to Gloria indicated that she would not let it interfere with care for the patient. The two had already had more than enough talks about the place prayer had in the healing process to know exactly what the other was thinking.

Jennyfer sighed when Gloria's gaze finished its path around the circle gathered next to the small bed. Noticing the contact between the chaplain and Brihanna's still hand and the look in the man's eyes, the nurse smiled shyly and allowed Josh to take her left hand into his right one. She squeezed the chaplain's strong hand briefly to indicate that she was ready, and bowed her head slightly. Her nurse's training didn't allow her to close her eyes, but she knew that God wouldn't mind as long as her heart was sincere and humble as they prayed for the patient's healing. Jennyfer wasn't aware of the silent communication passing between the two men, as she began her own mental prayers for Brih.

<<Kevin Cooper ~~ Brih's Room ~ Infirmary>>

<<NPC ~ Joshua Samuel McGregor SG Chaplain ~~ Brih's Room ~ Infirmary>>

Josh closed his eyes and lowered his head. He was grateful for the warmth and company of the nurse. The thought of taking this alone with Cooper and Fuentes, well. He fought the sudden urge to laugh out loud. He began with an audible prayer of thanks in his calm, confident, soothing voice. He expressed gratitude that Brihanna had such wonderful care, that her condition was one that could be tended to, that she was blessed with the company of a 'boss' (a little emphasis on that part) that showed such concern for her welfare. He then suggested that each continue in quiet prayer of their own thoughts. In which he did.

Kevin was okay with all the stuff that the Chaplain had quietly shared with all in the room. When it came to the do it on your own part he suddenly froze. As the others bent their heads he made eye contact with Fuentes. He was apprehensive, could she read his face. Did she realize he hadn't truly bought into all of this stuff? He quickly squeezed his eyes closed in total discomfort. It had been a little strange when they had all held hands. He had felt a little contrite holding Jennyfer's hand after his earlier feelings. It was obvious that she was doing it on the utmost, above board of conditions. Then it hit him if there was a GOD and he was here now at the request of prayer he was hearing all that was running through his mind. It caused him increased duress that started to raise his blood pressure again. He began taking short deep breaths and then screamed within his own mind, If you are real, if you are really out there. Then why? WHY? Why would you allow this to happen to her. She was innocent.

Little did he realize that his hands were now perspiring. His breath was ragged. He was lost in his shouting match with someone, something he wasn't even sure existed.
                                sigpic
                                SCORE!!
                                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Working...
                                X