No announcement yet.

Infirmary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hi." Liam said, looking up. "My name's Lt. Liam Harris and I was wondering if it would be possible to visit Natasha Bystronski..."
    Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
    SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

[Waiting Area-Nurse Mary Irving]

Mary noded at the man's introduction. The Captain certaintly had been popular with visitors today. "I can let you in to see her for five minutes, Lt. But if you want a longer visit than that, you'll have to ask one of the doctors. Are you a teammate, or just a friend?" The nurse asked out of curiosity.
      Dear Journal
      My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"We're friends, and we served on SG8 together." he replied softly, getting to his feet.
        SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Waiting Area -> Recovery 2-Nurse Mary Irving]

Mary smiled and led the way down the hall toward the recovery rooms. "I see. I'm sure the doctors will let you have a little more time, in that case." Teammates, even previous ones were usually given a little more visitation privialeges. She started to open the door, but stopped just short of opening it all the way. "I'll be right out here if you need anything." That being said, she opened the door fully to allow Lt. Harris entrance into the the room.
          Dear Journal
          My contribution to the Stargate Rewatch experience. Will be updated nearly everyday, and will cover all episodes, and characters.

Comment

"Thank you ma'am." Liam said respectfully as he entered the room and stood by Natasha's side. "Hey Natasha." he said softly, feeling a little foolish that he was speaking to someone who couldn't answer him.

Sinking down in the chair next to her, he considered his next words. "I know it's been awhile since we were on SG8 together, but you're one of the only friends I have. You're a fighter, Natasha. You've got to fight this and wake up."

Feeling a burning in the back of his throat, he paused. "We still have a lot more songs to play on the guitar...you never did teach me that James Taylor song you were going on about. I'll write you something if you wake up, how's that? Sound like a good deal?"

He waited, then sighed. He was a fool. "I'll take that as a yes. Just...get better soon, okay?"

Getting to his feet, he walked out of the room and nodded to the nurse. "Thanks for letting me see her."
            SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

CMO's Office

She nodded in understanding on what Gus had said, but it did help her by realizing that the last push would have come from her own talk made her fell shallow, when Carrie mentioned the ladies room talk it was then it hit her what she was missing, "Well," she said it carefully, looking at Gus then Carrie then back to Gus, "When I meet the Captain in Blue's office the other day I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Too much going on in here," she spoke softly and tapped her temple. Carrie would know what she was talking about, "I told her about her counterpart whom I meet in the AU. The other version had the gift of Empathy, and knew about it. Since both versions are the same, I know our version has the gift as well. But I’m thinking that our version doesn’t have the full control of her powers unlike her counterpart who does.

Another thing I noticed was that the AU Nat’s nine month old daughter seems to be one heck of a smart kid for her,” she added a moment later.

Hearing the door she looked at the face Gus was yelling at, knowing she had seen him somewhere before Claire couldn't remember where. Even his name escaped her mind for now.

((D4D no offense about Claire not remembering who Liam is. I guess we will get a chance to RP sometime soon ))

Comment

[Outside Recovery Rooms-Nurse Mary Irving]

Mary positioned herself several feet down the hall from the recovery rooms in order to allow Lt. Harris some privacy as he visited with Bystronski. As she waited she could just make out several voices coming from inside the first recovery room, one of which she recognized as Gloria's. If the head nurse was involved, then it had to be important. Soon, she saw the door open and a very frustrated Jennyfer lead two men out of the room. She knew that one of the men was the chaplain, and from the other nurse's expresion, she probably didn't want to know who the other man was.

It was only a short time after the small crowd passed that Lt. Harris emerged from his visit with Nat. Mary offered the man a sympathetic smile. "It was my pleasure, Lt. You're more than welcome to stick around until one of the doctors is available to allow you a longer visit." She began, not sure if he wanted to stay longer or not.

[CMO's Office]

Gus was suprised when Clarie started talking about the Nat from the AU. He agreed that chances were pretty good that their Nat would have the same empathtic capabilities the AU Nat seemed to possess. And the revelation did make more sense in the context of Julianna's theory. "Oh, boy." He said with a sigh. "So, she finds out that everyone who went to the AU now knows that she's an empath, and she was already having a hard time dealing with it, without anyone else knowing? I'd probably crash too, if it were me." Gus admitted, trying to clarify and sort everything out in his head. How exactly did one go about treating an empathetic semi-ancient, if that's what she was? Did she still have the empathetic capabilities while unconcious? He had seen stranger things in his years as CMO for the Alpha site, but he still had no idea how to handle the situation.

The CMO looked between Carrie and Rachael briefly. "Did either of you know about this?" Maybe, if Rachael did know, that's why Nat responded to her. Rachael may just be the one someone that she could talk to, and confide in, someone she trusted.

[Recovery 1 -> Staff Lounge-Nurse Jennyfer Santiago]

Jennyfer led the way to the staff lounge in silence. She was content to simply let Josh and Kevin talk to one another during the short walk. The chaplain's reaction had suprised her, and she honestly didn't know how to take it. Just when she was getting use to dealing with the councilman, and counting on the chaplain to back her up. She smiled at Mary as they passed the younger nurse in the hall. They had never really been close friends, but after finding out everything that happened with Steven, she had to sympathize with the other woman.

Opening the door to the staff lounge, Jennyfer indicated the center table. "So, any preferences on what you want for diner?" She asked casually.
                Dear Journal

Comment

Liam bit his lip, then nodded. "I need to grab something first...not sure if it'll help anything or not, but I was thinking maybe I could get my guitar...play something for her."
                  SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Hallway by recovery rooms-Nurse Mary Irving]

Mary smiled encouragingly at Liam's suggestion. "I think that would be a very good idea. You'd be suprised at can help sometimes. I'll put in a good word with the doctors for you." The nurse agreed.
                    Dear Journal

Comment

"Thanks." Liam said softly. "I'll go grab it and be right back."
                      SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

[Hallway outside recovery rooms -> Nurse's Station-Nurse Mary Irving]

"Alright. Just go straight to the waiting room when you get back and I'll let the doctors know you're there." Mary confirmed as she started to make her way back to the nurse's station and back to her normal work.
                        Dear Journal

Comment

Nodding, Liam quickly ducked out into the hall and made his way down to his quarters, grabbing his guitar case and stuffing a pick into his pocket before returning to the waiting room.

Eyeing the plastic chair with a slightly wrinkled nose, Liam opted to sit on the floor instead. He didn't know if he'd be able to get out of the chair if he actually succeeded in getting into it!

Waiting for over an hour, Liam decided to just come back later.

<to Outside with a stop in Quarters to drop off guitar>
                          Last edited by dancer_4_daniel; 12 August 2008, 08:44 PM.
                          SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

< The CMO’s office >

Carrie nodded thoughtfully as she listened to Claire’s statement ‘Finally the pieces of the Nat-puzzle are beginning to fit…’ She looked back at Gus and slowly shook her head.
                            “No, I didn’t know anything about this, but I think I’m beginning to understand what’s happened inside of her.” Carrie put her leg down and took a deep breath. “Just before Nat collapsed she said something about wanting something to stop. At that moment it didn’t seem that important or at least I didn’t make the connection to that statement and her collapsing like she did, but after what Claire just told us it makes so much more sense! Here, have a look…”
                            Once again Carrie grabbed the laptop and opened the part of Nat’s medical file containing her fMRI and flipped the screen towards Gus so that he could see it.

“Remember her MRI? Just minutes after her collapse; the FMRI looked like this; lit up like a Christmas tree, activity all over te place... I bet that if we’d had an EEG at that moment the readouts would have been just as frantic as it was later on… My theory is that her brain got completely overloaded due to the massive amount of input she had over the next couple of hours, and if she wasn’t able to process it all, then the only way for her might have been to just shut down, sort of like a reboot of a computer. Don’t ask me how she did it, but that’s what I think happened.”
                            She gave Gus an intense look, hoping that he understood that she meant that it was the attack on Bisenti that finally initiated “the reboot”
                            “And as we said before, when Rachel came to see her, she was somehow able to start to resurface again…”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMiracle View Post
                              [CMO's Office]

Gus could have kicked himself for not thinking to introduce Carrie and Rachael. He had just assumed that the two would have already known each other. But then again, Carrie had been off the base for some time.

The doctor carefully listened to everything that Clarie said about her encounter with Nat on the basketball court. He knew that it had been a long shot, but somehow he was still slightly disappointed that the Lt. couldn't think of anything else off the top of her head. When she finished, he leaned forward from his previously relaxed postion, and met Clarie's gaze. "I see. I'm sure, that you wouldn't hold anything back from us that you thought could help in any way, no matter how small. Keep thinking about it, and if anything sticks out, then let one of us know." He didn't want the woman across from him to feel intimidated or forced to come up with something if there nothing to tell, but at the same time, he didn't want her to hold anything back if it was for the wrong reasons. He hoped that his words conveyed exactly that.

Gus shook his head at the woman's question. "We don't know for sure. It might. We're just trying to cover all our bases, and that includes trying to figure out what Bystronski's state of mind was at the time she collapsed. The body is funny like that. It reacts to our thoughts and feelings in very physical ways sometimes." The CMO knew that he was walking a fine line just by revealing that much, but he hoped that it would be enough to satisfy Clarie's curiosity without being too revealing of the current theories about Nat.
                              CMOs Office- Dr. Ezekiel

Rachael bit the bottom of her lip trying to remember everything that had happened to her since she had met Natasha, "There was one thing that might help, when I got injured the second time and was in the infirmary Natasha came to see me. When she was here I felt better, I can't really explain it but I felt better. It was really weird. She told me that when she left I would again feel as I did."

She began "I didn't understand till Claire said something about her being empathic in the AU. She also told the general the other day about what she can do, something about she sensed Janus in the room. And kept looking for the child, than she finally asked about or something. She than asked me about doing something big for her." She said, letting Alex help her dig up the converstation they had just a few days before.

"I told her that, 'Perhaps you need to sit back and take a deep breathe, I mean you what just found out about this new found abilty, it has to be some what frightening. You just have to learn to live and control it, if you ever need any help I am there for you.'"

Rachael leaned forward in the chair trying to adjust how she was sitting, "I don't know what she wanted my help with, but she knew about what she could do. She could always sense how I was feeling, somehow. She always knew what to say with me. Thats what I remember right now."

She paused briefly than continued, "I was in the room four several hours all morning in fact. When I was told to leave before I left I grabbed her hand and I had the strangest sensation when I did it. I can't explain it, but when I came back down to the infirmary and even when i was in my office I felt like someone was trying to reach me." She stopped trying to find the right words, "It was like hearing your name in a crowd but not seeing where it came from. I felt someone but I brushed it off. I didn't know what it was, it may have been her."

((The references are from the Quarters thread pages 116-118, I didn't copy the whole parts, just picked bits and pieces that were pertained to this.))
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

<from Lounge>

Liam entered the waiting area and sat down on the floor cross legged with his guitar case leaning against the wall behind him. Closing his eyes, he leaned back. He hadn't been on his A-game during the match with Major Johnson and he knew it.

Rubbing a hand across his forehead, Liam wondered if he was doing the right thing.
                                SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X