No announcement yet.

Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The growling of Kym's stomach jerked her out of sleep. What the heck was that? A sharp cramp answered her question.
    "Feeeeed Meeeeee," she joked, imitating Audrey the Plant. A few twinges pulled at the healing burns on her sides as she sat up and swung her feet to the floor. She smiled to realize that she could feel the texture of the carpet. Gingerly and carefully, Kym walked behind the wheelchair to her dresser where she took out sweatpants, teeshirt, socks and underwear. Taking a seat and using her feet as pinchers, she got her moccasins from the closet.
    "Let's try our luck at a shower."

< off to the Locker rooms >
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Harvey exited the elevator and could here the rest of the guys still in the Lounge. For a moment she contemplated rejoining them but then the little voice in her head reminded her of the report she needed to write. She entered her room and closed the door, thanking the powers that be for sound proofing the rooms.

She went to get ready for bed and remembered her boots, cursing she bent down gritting her teeth. She bent over just long enough to pull the laces un done and then shoved her boots off using her alternate foot.

Finally after a bit of a stuggle she was ready for bed. She put her PDA on charge and turned the light off. She tried to get comfy which was easier said than done, fortunatley she was so exhausted she fell asleep before long.

Comment

Harvey woke at 0630hrs dead on, her body used to the early morning ritual. She got her self into her wheelchair and sat at her laptop. Going between the notes on her PDA and Laptop she started typing up the report.

Some hour later she decided a coffee was in order, lucky she had bought her Tassimo with her. It was set up ready to go and she inserted the pod and 30 seconds later she had a delicious coffee. She added sugar and went back to work. Another two hours and a couple more coffee's and she was done. Now time for her to get ready, she grabbed her things and headed to get cleaned up.

After washing the best she could she headed back to qaurters feeling slightly more alive. It was 1000hrs, she started to get dressed hoping that the effort of getting her boots on wouldn't be too painful. It took another hour before she was properly dressed, the majority of her time had been taken up with the painful tasks of putting on boots and putting up her hair! She really hoped that the Tokra Healing device would be used soon and work.

She thought about getting breakfast but decided that between the coffee and all the junk she'd eaten during last nights film she could go with out. She read over her notes again and made a few adjustments before printing it off. She placed it to one side and then decided she would do some research on her computer to kill the time before the meeting.

Finally at 1245hrs she headed off to the Generals office taking her notes.

Comment

Jaime unlocked her door while yawning hugely, closed it behind her without bothering to turn on any lights, and made her way across the room by the glow of the screen saver running on her file server.

Eyes already closed, she sat on the edge of her bed and undressed, lethargically pulling back the covers and crawling gratefully between the cool sheets. Tomorrow is another day, she thought wearily. First a workout in the gym, then hopefully Kym will be up and in the Mess for breakfast...

She was asleep before she could make any further plans for her day.

(( OOC: Just trying to catch up with you, H.... I know you posted because you're gone most of the weekend, hopefully by then we'll all be on the same page again, so to speak. ))

Comment

*Stevens opened the door to the guest quarters and quickly found the bath. She washed, even though SG-5 hadn't come in nearly as rough as the folks she'd seen in the infirmary when she got a physical. 'Poked, prodded, and vampirized, but at least the medical staff knows my needs are different.' Stevens put on plain BDU's and thought about the fact she'd have to ask Colonel Richardson or General Blue about where their gear had been stored. She had a very love/hate relationship with her hand device, but didn't want the tech folks getting overcurious and taking it apart or something.*

"Earth is gone, and we don't even know who did it." *Goes to sleep.*
            "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
            " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
            Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

*Ka'te enters the guest quarters she'll be sharing with Stevens for the time being. She is relieved to find her asleep. She seemed nice enough, but she was very military-minded. MacDoreign had done the whole ROTC thing, but she was a free-spirited historian at heart.*

"They'd better not get so much as a scratch on my sword," she muttered, "It's all of have left of my family now."

*Cleans up and goes to sleep*

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
              Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
              (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

< from Infirmary with Beale >

"I hope I start PT (physical therapy) tomorrow. The only thing that hurts is my @$$ from sitting."
                sigpic

Comment

*When Richardson got to Sub-Level 6, he passed the room that Capt. Jen Stevens was assign to. Jason stop for a moment.

He was attracted to her (and to a lesser extent Lt. MacDoreign), but knowing she was married and knowing military eithics, he didn't even show his feelings. Maybe with Earth destroyed...

Checking himself, Col. Richardson resume his trek to his quarters. When he got there, he was surprised by it's size. After doing 200 hundred push-ups, he washed his face and fell quickly asleep.*

Comment

He chuckels at her reply, as he pushers her into her quarters. "are you going to be ok now?"

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

"Yeah. Thanks, Major." Kym rolled over to the bed and turned on the small light there. "I just have to . . ." she locked her wheels and transferred to sitting on the bed, "get over here and I'm set for the night."
                      She began braiding her "tail", the narrow length of hair hanging down her back. "Thanks again. I'll see you later?"
                      sigpic

Comment

"Yes, you will see me later, anyway now i think i will go and look around" He waves to her as he walks out the door.

<To infirmary>

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

'The first prime whacks Col. Richardson in the back of the knees with the staff weapon. He goes down, mumbling something disagreeable about the Jaffa's mother. Nemesis stands from her throne and slowly walks towards the captive soldier. She activates her hand device.'
                          *Stevens jerks awake.*

"Stress always brings them back," Jen mutters. Now that she's awake, the fact of having not eaten for a day or so drives her to seek the mess hall and food.

((to the Mess Hall))
                          Last edited by DragonGate; 22 November 2005, 04:46 PM.
                          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

*Ka'te checked her watch- she had managed to sleep for a full 3 hours. Lovely. She wanted her katana back, a present given to her at her ROTC graduation. She wanted to know more about what had happened on Earth. But since the only people awake were pretty busy, she decided to kill two birds with one stone, figuring out the base layout by jogging through the halls. As she ran through slate grey halls, she visualized the crimson red of the blood of whoever had been involved in the earth disaster dripping from her engraved blade.*

<<to locker rooms>>
                            Last edited by RockinHobbit; 21 November 2005, 08:28 PM.

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                            Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                            (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

*Stevens stepped into Room 28.* 'I wonder where I can practice. I'll probably go to the gym. The bottom level should be pretty empty.'

She ran a thin white hand through her hair and noticed it really needed brushed. She chuckled to herself. 'One thing about snakey-*****, I didn't have to fuss with making this mane behave' Stevens set to airing out the room. She didn't know where the rest of the team was on Alpha Site, but decided that right now just relaxing would be the best thing to do. 'Even though I really need to practice, but I'm not about to take it out of the Armory without permission from General Blue or Gator.'
                              Last edited by DragonGate; 22 November 2005, 04:47 PM.

Discover a … New Galaxy

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Jaime woke up when her alarm went off, hit the snooze button, and groaned as she forced herself out of bed. Coffee. Coffee would be good... And a hot shower. Hot shower definitely good.

Yawning, she pulled on her PJs, sparing a longing thought for the concept of personal bathrooms rather than locker rooms; traipsing bed-headed thru half the base wasn't her idea of a good way to wake up. She gathered her standard morning bag of bathroom supplies and slid her feet into a pair of well-worn flip-flops, then trudged out the door.

<< to the locker rooms >>

(( OOC: Hey, is Kym gonna join me for breakfast, or shall I wander off elsewhere? I was thinking of trying to scare up Dean at the armory for lack of anything to do... Either way, Jynjyr, its you! ))
                                Last edited by ShelBel; 22 November 2005, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X