No announcement yet.

Quarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(( OOC: Well, I figure, you've been offworld, and came in hot; more than likely you poor saps have had a minimum of actual bathing other than the spot-cleaning most likely given in the infirmary. ))

Jaime grinned and took Kym's hand warmly. "Hi Kym. I'm Jaime Taylor, the resident computer geek. As if you hadn't noticed." She gestured toward the impressive-looking array in the corner around her desk. "Its been too peaceful and quiet around here with you all gone, if you don't mind me saying so. Like a stinking ghost town. I'm glad you're back. Looked like things got a bit hairy at the end, though..."

Comment

(( OOC - more on the order of "what the cat threw up" Although I never said IC, she's got scratches and bruises everywhere too. Kym's not seen a mirror, yet. ))

"Hi, Jaime. Nice to meet you. Yeah. The Alpha site gets kinda lonesome when the teams are out." Kym shook her head and rolled her eyes. "My inaugural mission as part of an 'Alpha-site' SG team. I hope the 'SG-11" jinx isn't sticking to me. I don't want any more exciting missions."
      You're never too old to do something goofy.
      sigpic
      Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Jaime had to grin. "I'd say I wish I had a little more 'excitment' around here, but I subscribe to the 'be careful what you ask for, you might just get it' school of thought."

She eyed Kym carefully. "Umm... I take it you haven't had a chance to really look at yourself since you got in? To be honest... you look a bit worse for wear, if you know what I mean." She had to smile at Kym's blank look. "Kind of like.... you're not sure if you need to sleep, eat, or clean up first..."

Comment

"Doctors never tell you what you really need to know." Kym grimaced and squirmed in the chair. "I'd kill for a shower but, right now, picking up the soap would knock me on my keister."
          A yawn caught her by surprise. "'Scuse me. You'd never guess I've only been up for a few hours."
          She started backing up, "Sorry to run off, Jaime. Can I catch you in the morning?"
          sigpic

Comment

"No problem. Hey, if you need anything, let me know, okay?"

Comment

Harvey excited the elevator and did the short journey to her room. She looked through her locker to find another set of green BDUs and threw them on her bed, she pulled out her spare boots and placed them on the bed too. Next she found some clean underwear and dropped that on the bed. Then she grabbed her shower kit and headed off to get cleaned up.

(OOC - to the locker room)

Comment

Harvey arrived back from the locker room feeling tired, 'boy I could do with a coffee' she thought. She looked at the clothes she'd laid out on the bed wondering how she was gonna do this, the doc had told her to get some help but there was no one around. The difficult bit was gonna be getting her underwear on! With all the strength she could muster she lifted her self out of the wheelchair and onto the bed, it was awkward and painful but she just about managed it. She lay back on the bed and rested for five to get her strength back.

It took her a while but she eventually got herself dressed, she had to take a breather between each item of clothing but it felt good to be clean and warm. The only problem she had was her socks and boots, no matter what she did it was just too damn painful trying to bend and reach her feat. She looked at her watch an hour and a half had passed since she left the Infirmary, had it really taken her that long. "Need coffee" she thought. she stuffed her socks in her boots and manouvered herself back into the wheelchair, pulling her boots onto her lap.

She steered the wheelchair through the quarters looking for someone to help her, but the whole level was empty. So she took the elevator to the next level. She was part way down the coridoor when she noticed the door to room 21 ajar. She peered in to find the young women she had seen in the Infirmary earlier. She was lying on her bed reading. "Err excuse me.." Harvey didnt want to make her jump.

(OOC - thats you ShelBel )

Comment

Kym wheeled into her room and pushed the door shut behind her. Home at last.
                  She flipped on the desk light and began maneuvering around the room to find her nightshirt and underwear. She didn’t have the energy to try for a bath. A washcloth and the half empty bottle of water on her dresser would have to suffice. The infirmary staff washed off most of the grime as they were treating her injuries but that didn’t get the dirt out of her hair or the sticky sweat off her neck.
                  Kym went over by the door to unwrap her braid and brush her hair. Bits and flakes of grass, leaves and soil littered the out of the way corner. The damp cloth did the best it could. Thankful that her burns were above her waistband, she slipped on briefs and her flannel nightshirt. Carefully standing propped up on the side of the bed, she threw back the blanket and flopped face down on the pillow. Reaching one arm out, she keyed on the CD player with her white noise ‘music’, the wind in the pines near her apartment.
                  Curled up in a ball, Kym pulled the blanket over her head and dove into sleep.
                  sigpic

Comment

Jaime watched Kym wheel herself tiredly out of the room and hoped that she'd be okay by herself. When she was satisfied that the lieutenant had made it to her room, she sighed and went back to the bed, picking up her book again.

No more than a few moments had passed when someone cleared their throat in her doorway. "Err excuse me.."

"Hmmm?" Jaime looked up to find yet another unfamiliar wheelchair-bound SG team member hovering in her doorway. The situation struck her as slightly humorous and she bit back a smile. When it rains, it pours, she thought dryly. And here I was complaining about the 'peace and quiet'.... "Hi!" she greeted the newest arrival, quickly noting her bare feet and the pair of boots perched awkwardly in her lap. "Ummm... I take it you need some help?" she asked with a gentle smile, putting down the book and getting up. Without waiting for an answer, she took the boots from the woman's lap and dug the socks out from within their depths, carefully rolling them onto her feet. "I'm Jaime, by the way."

(( OOC: ))

Comment

"Oh...Thanks would you mind" Harvey had learnt not to be shy when you needed help, there was no shame in it and in the end it got you where you needed to be all that faster. She'd suffered many injuries in her years as a Marine and some alot worse than this.

"I'm Jaime, by the way."The Young woman introduced herself.

" Major Hannah Harvey. Thankyou, its hard to bend when you have a gapping wound in your side" she smiled as the woman toook the boots and socks and started to place them on her feet. "I take it your not military?" She could see no rank or insignia on the young womans uniform.

Comment

"Nope, not military; I'm just your standard run of the mill civilian computer geek." She laced and tied the boots, careful not to pull them too tight. She grinned and stood up, dusting off her knees. "Nice to officially meet you, Major Harvey. And nice to see you out of the infirmary." She extended her hand with a smile. "Seems to be a run on the wheelchairs today, though!"

Comment

"Nice to officially meet you, Major Harvey. And nice to see you out of the infirmary." she had finnished lacing the boots and stood up dusting off her knees. Jaime extended her hand with a smile.

"Please call me 'H', theres no need to be so formal if your not military" Harvey loved the military but could do without the formality, besides it was nice to have a civilian around.

"Seems to be a run on the wheelchairs today, though!"

Harvey shook her hand "Oh these, it was the only way the Doc would let us out of the Infirmary. Their great people and they do a great job, but being cooped up in there drives me mad. So computers eh! I know who to call when the blue screen of death comes calling" she chuckled. Harvey was starting to feel much better now that she was clean, warm and had boots. "Suppose Id better go sort out my hair" she said pointing at the mess tied up roughly. "Thanks for that I owe you. Listen if your about latter maybe we could grab a coffee I dont know too many folks around here yet" Harvey had seen the women in the infirmary early looking lost for something to do, and it was true apart from the other members of her team and SG6 she didnt know anyone, and they were all stuck here now so it made sense to get to know people.

(OOC - what time is it Im totally confused!Harvey is supposed to check in with the doc, but have just thought maybe its the middle of the night in which case Im suffering from some kinda jet lag Thought if Harvey gets to know Jaime to get her on the team)

Comment

(( OOC- I'm thinking its about 1800 hrs, aka 6:00pm. ))

"Thanks.... H." Okay, that's a bit odd, but if that's she prefers to be called... "Coffee sometime sounds great. Still kind of trying to get know everyone myself." She looked at her watch. "Its almost supper time; you wanna sort your hair and stop back, and we'll go get something to eat?"
                            Last edited by ShelBel; 04 November 2005, 02:03 PM.

Comment

"That sounds great, give me 10 minutes and Ill meet you there" Harvey made her way to the elevator.

She took the elevator back to her own level and headed for her quarters. She brushed through her hair and then grabbed the various clips and bands she needed to put it up. After several attempts at a more intricate style she gave up, her range of movement was limited and her side hurt. She opted for a simple plat instead. She took a look at herself in the mirror, not quite to her normal uniform standard but it'd have to do. 'Now I really need that coffee'.

(OOC - OFF TO THE MESS HALL)
                              Last edited by Somnium; 04 November 2005, 02:32 PM.

Comment

<< to the Mess as well >>

Comment

Working...
                                X