Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantean_Fan View Post
    "And I to meet them." Mohinder said in a honest tone. He was shy, that was a known fact between all people who knew him, but he could make this work and not be an unwanted member of this new team. He knew he could do it.

"I understand. Just give me a call and I'll be there." Mohinder answered in a professional tone.

"Alright. That's good to know. I'll get a radio right away and leave it in the appropriate channel so we can communicate." Mohinder replied remembering he didn't request one yet when he was at the security office the day before.

(( OOC - Sorry this post sucks, but I couldn't leave you waiting anymore, MO. ))

"I will do," John said than stood up, "I look forward to working with you Suresh." He took another drink of his coffee and extended his hand to him again. "I will catch you later."

"The training mission will either begin this afternoon or in the morning, I will let you know as soon I check with the rest of the team. I know there are several of them working on different projects." John said trying to organize his thoughts as to where his team mates would be. Larry will probably be in the armory, should go there first than catch Astra in the linguist lab. Vincent maybe the hanger bay. He walked out of the mess hall not even noticing that Vincent was sitting and talking with Colonel Sharp.

<To Armory>

(That's okay, i didn't get a chance to get on this weekend like I planned. Ended up being real busy. Not the best post ever but you know.))
    Last edited by max_omega; 03 December 2007, 07:02 AM.
    sigpic
    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

>From Locker rooms>

Carrie grabbed a tray and walked over to the counter where the warm food was kept, loading up with pancakes on one of the plates, then continued over the other counter and picked up what appeared what seemed to be some locally made fruit salad and a big cup of ice tea.
      She looked around for some familiar faces, not really sure of if she wanted company or not, but as she recognized the red-haired young woman from the gym the other day, sitting with Kym, she decided to give it a go and went over to their table and stood opposed to the two women.

“Hi. Mind if I join you… or are you discussing something private?”
      One couldn’t really be sure about the military people, some things were, after all confidential, and she was a civilian…

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Leaving it to the higher-ranking person AND officer beside her to answer the doctor, Ryn just slightly shrugged and continued enjoying her tea. They were not discussing sensitive material, at least she didn't think so. Slightly backtracking... Ummm. No; it's fine by me. She remembered the doctor from before in the Infirmary naturally, though wrecked her brain for the name. It was something European, something that sounded really weird. But, it was not the time to ask nor speak; not until Tyler had done so.

Comment

Kym glanced over to Ryn, she was as much a part of the group as anyone. Back into her shell for a while, I guess. She waved a hand at the empty chairs, "Sure, have a seat. We were just chatting. Nothing secret. I'm K'ma Tyler, Captain, SG3."
          She couldn't place the woman exactly. Familiar but not familiar.
          You're never too old to do something goofy.
          sigpic
          Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Ryn caught the glance Kym threw at her, the other woman's eyes had been slightly narrowed in confusion but that had gone in an instant, replaced by the other's usual calm facade.
            Is she worried about me? Why? What's she thinking? Does she want me to speak?
            The redhead was kind of sure she had read that last in the fleeting glance as well. Though not too sure, Ryn decided to take the calculated risk and asked her question.

She cleared her throat slightly and faced the newcomer whom Tyler had invited to sit down, and decided to introduce herself as well.
            "Um... I know you're a doctor, 'n all." She shrugged a little and kept her face blank. "But I forgot your name. Sorry, doc. Uh. I'm gunnery sergeant Ryn Chikozu. Also SG-3.".
            Best not to say anything more just in case it's offensive. See where the convo goes first... Actually, Ryn found it kind of hard to keep quiet like this. She wanted to chat, and be free to talk about whatever to whomever, the kind of freedom she had had in Foreston. But couldn't, not anymore after what had happened there. She had to learn the ropes here, first.

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
              "I will do," John said than stood up, "I look forward to working with you Suresh." He took another drink of his coffee and extended his hand to him again. "I will catch you later."
              "So am I. See you later." Mohinder said as he shook the extended hand with a firm grasp.

"The training mission will either begin this afternoon or in the morning, I will let you know as soon I check with the rest of the team. I know there are several of them working on different projects." John said trying to organize his thoughts as to where his team mates would be. Larry will probably be in the armory, should go there first than catch Astra in the linguist lab. Vincent maybe the hanger bay. He walked out of the mess hall not even noticing that Vincent was sitting and talking with Colonel Sharp.
              "I'll wait for your call." Mohinder said as Ezekiel walked out of the Mess and he went to return his tray.

'I have to get that radio now. The sooner, the better.' He thought as he left the Mess Hall himself.

<< To Security Office - Level 3 >>
              Last edited by Atlantean_Fan; 03 December 2007, 07:10 PM.
              Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                "Sure, have a seat. We were just chatting. Nothing secret. I'm K'ma Tyler, Captain, SG3."
                She couldn't place the woman exactly. Familiar but not familiar.
                Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                "Um... I know you're a doctor, 'n all." She shrugged a little and kept her face blank. "But I forgot your name. Sorry, doc. Uh. I'm gunnery sergeant Ryn Chikozu. Also SG-3."
                “Thanks…” Carrie smiled and sat down, and took a sip of her ice tea before answering Ryn’s question.
                "It’s okay; I have a tendency to forget names too. A lot.... My name’s Carrie. Carrie Svensson.” Then turning towards Kym.
                “You how ever... for some odd reason your name got stuck after I did your post mission the other day." She grinned as she shook her head and shrugged. “Don’t ask me why though, it just did…”

Carrie took a bit of her pancakes and then, with a bemused expression, looked back up at Ryn’s bruised face.
                “Now, please excuse me if I’m too straightforward Ryn, poking my nose into something that might not really be my business… But the way your face looks, that didn’t happen here on the base I hope?” With the “Bisenti case” all too fresh in mind she felt she had to at least ask.
                “And you don’t have to fill me in on all the details if you don’t want to, after all I am off duty, just felt I had to ask you know…”

Comment

Ryn took a few moments to answer that, and sipped from her tea. Finally, she took a breath, and after looking for a confirmation glance from Tyler she explained.

"Technically I'm still off-duty too. We only just got back from Foreston. I got envolved in a bar brawl. That's how that happened. Dr Winchester treated it.". Ryn hoped it had been a good answer, it had been short and to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                    Lt. Vincent Valentine

Vincent nodded,

"I won't lie and say it's safer in the air, but if I had the choice of taking the Jaffa on in the air and on the ground, I'd choose air every time. And it's not as if these stunts are for nothing, most fighters only fire forwards, so whoever is in front has to do anything to avoid getting hit, whilst trying to get behind the thing that's shooting at them so they can shoot back. Barrel rolls, Cubans, Loops, Stalls, all can be used to do that, plus if something goes wrong it's easier to get out of it if you've done stunts."

Tim smiled “Guess that’s what differ you “flyer boys” from the rest of us ground ridden soldiers then. Solid ground is after all solid ground.” ‘Almost’ he added in his mind, thinking about the quake earlier on

He watched as Vincent demonstrated the manoeuvres with his hands, making it a bit clearer of what he meant and nodded.
                    “Hmm, makes a little more sense when you put it that way.” He frowned and continued to ask to try to satisfy his curiosity.
                    “Okay, about those shields then, can they sort of... focus… I mean being better on your rear where it’s most likely to be hit, then in the front? Or are they just the same all over?”
                    Tim suddenly grimaced and shot a glance towards Sharp before looking back at Vincent.
                    “Or is this some kind of confidential stuff I shouldn’t be asking about…?”

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn_SST View Post
                      Ryn took a few moments to answer that, and sipped from her tea. Finally, she took a breath, and after looking for a confirmation glance from Tyler she explained.

"Technically I'm still off-duty too. We only just got back from Foreston. I got involved in a bar brawl. That's how that happened. Dr Winchester treated it.". Ryn hoped it had been a good answer, it had been short and to the point.
                      "Svensson? Svensson." She shrugged and smiled sheepishly at Carrie, "I really wasn't focusing during the PMP, was I? Nice to meet you, Doc."

Kym tipped her head and looked puzzled for a moment before saying, "You know, those two ... ahem ... ladies didn't stick around to say thanks to anyone for defending them from those jerks." She shook her head in disgust, "How much do you want to bet as soon as the guys get out of the lock-up they'll be hanging all over them again. I just don't understand that kind of woman."
                      sigpic

Comment

Carrie returned Kym’s smile
                        “That’s ok, no one expected you to be focused at that point… You’d just come back from a mission and were after all pretty worn out…well of you were…” She shrugged and grinned as she took a sip of the ice tea.
                        “After all, the main thing was that I was focused at that point, right?”

She slipped a small sigh of relif and took another bite of the pancake. 'At least it wasn't Bisenti then, messing her up like that... She saw Jensen - Let go of it, just for now, you're off duty - Remember?...' then turning her attention back to Ryn.
                        “So, Ryn, Did you do anything interesting while you where in Foreston?”

Last edited by Northern Girl; 05 December 2007, 02:49 AM. Reason: *I shall not make posts before 1230 pm...*

Comment

Ryn looked at the doctor. Obviously she hadn't heard a word Ryn'd said or chose not to further discuss the subject. Didn't really matter.

"Um. Just the fight. Other than that, nothing really special." She wouldn't mention the shopping not unless Kym would. It was still a 'too-girly' experience, even though the stuff she'd bought was really nice.

Comment

"We spent money," Kym said with a smile, "What else do you do on leave? The Market was cool. I didn't realize it had gotten that big. I don't think we saw half of it."
                            She glanced over at Ryn again, "My teammates made one vendor EXTREMELY happy."
                            sigpic

Comment

"More than one," Ryn decided to tell all in one go. "I had a dress made, and bought more civvie clothes, got a bit carried away there I think, though that didn't stop me. Bought some stuff for my room, a rug, a wall hanging, and some wooden figures and stuff. Really nice. They're bringing it over soon.". She was feeling better now, and more relaxed.

Comment

“Nice! Sounds like you had quite a bit of “R n’ R” then after all.”Carrie grinned and then ate some more of her food before continuing.
                                “Spending money’s always fun and getting some new stuff to your quarters definitely sounds like a good idea. This “bunker” could sure do with some more “homey” feeling, you know…” Frowning and looking between the two on the other side of the table.
                                “Not that I’m very good at that interior decorating stuff… But I think just about everything here needs improvement when it comes to that” She chuckled at a memory that popped up in her head.
                                “You know what; I used to email my big sister photos of possible curtains before I actually bought them… Gee I loved that cell phone with built in camera…”

Comment

Working...
                                X