No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris looked up at Lance knowing he may have crossed a line but at the moment he didnt really have concern for that. He was enjoying Lena's company and conversation. He looked directly at Lance and spoke.

"Sorry lieutenant I'm not going to deny I do find her attractive. We were just enjoying each others company. Lighten up a bit we were just talking."

He cracked a smile at the last comment thinking to himself.

I know I'm probably going to get yelled at being so bold as to speak to a team commander like that. I wonder if my flirting has made this guy jealous?

He turned back to Lena and locked her eyes with her and smiled.

"I apologise if I have caused any trouble for you. I will be quiet now and let yall talk."

With that he sat back in his chair and put his hands behind his head.
    1LT Chris Barden United States Marines
    Alpha Site Security Team member

Aftermath RP:
    1st Lt. Chris Barden

Teal'C and Major Lorne -SSU RP

General Hammond: Colonel O'Neil what the hell are doing?!

O'Neill: In the middle of my backswing!?

Comment

Now that was the time for Ovcharenko to blush very fast. When Chris' eyes met her, she quickly decided to study pattern of the floor tiles instead of looking at him.

"It's okay, Chris, we'll talk later."

Elena addressed Tallon next.

"I... I'm sorry, Comrade Lieutenant. That was probably an effect of the lack of any good company for almost a year. Besides, you all were silent, so I thought that a little talk won't spoil our meeting. It's just another trait of the Slavonic people - tendency to idle chatting. That won't happen again. Please, forgive your executive chatterbox."

She cautiously looked at her CO with an apologizing expression on her face. Then she spoke in a low voice as Lance did, accepting privacy of the conversation.

"Insertion? What kind of insertion are you talking about? What, we're going to spy on somebody?"
      Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 14 December 2009, 10:05 AM.
      Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Chris looked in Lenas direction and smirked slightly.

"I'll be looking forward to it. I'll be on radio. Call me when you have some free time. Let me take my leave and let yall talk about the mission. Captain Oxford thanks for haveing me here."

He got up and looked in Lena's direction one more time giving her a smile as he walked away. He checked his weapon to make sure it was on safety. He turned around to head out of the mess when he noticed Ryn sitting and eating alone. He thought to himself.

No one should eat alone. especially someone with injuries.

With his renewed sense of being around people he walked up to Ryn's table.

"Afternoon Gunny. Mind if I join you?"

He stood waiting for a response.

Aftermath RP:
        1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

Originally posted by 1LTBarden View Post
          Spoiler:
          Chris looked up at Lance knowing he may have crossed a line but at the moment he didnt really have concern for that. He was enjoying Lena's company and conversation. He looked directly at Lance and spoke.

"Sorry lieutenant I'm not going to deny I do find her attractive. We were just enjoying each others company. Lighten up a bit we were just talking."

He cracked a smile at the last comment thinking to himself.

I know I'm probably going to get yelled at being so bold as to speak to a team commander like that. I wonder if my flirting has made this guy jealous?

"We can discuss that later, lieutenant. In the meantime, keep your hands and eyes off the members of my team." Satisfied he'd suitably dealt with the retreating marine, he turned back to his XO.

Originally posted by Vagabond Serpent
          Spoiler:
          Now that was the time for Ovcharenko to blush very fast. When Chris' eyes met her, she quickly decided to study pattern of the floor tiles instead of looking at him.

"It's okay, Chris, we'll talk later."

Elena addressed Tallon next.

"I... I'm sorry, Comrade Lieutenant. That was probably an effect of the lack of any good company for almost a year. Besides, you all were silent, so I thought that a little talk won't spoil our meeting. It's just another trait of the Slavonic people - tendency to idle chatting. That won't happen again."

She cautiously looked at her CO with an apologizing expression on her face. Then she spoke in a low voice as Lance did, accepting privacy of the conversation.

"Insertion? What kind of insertion are you talking about? What, we're going to spy on somebody?"
          Tallon snickered a little at his blushing XO. "Please tell me you're not actually interested in him. I mean, I'm a guy and I can tell that he's shallow."

He cleared his throat, continuing the private conversation. "Spy, not really. Infiltrate might be more apt." Lance had to take a moment to recall the planet's name. "We're going to Perima. Apparently it's a fortress--one belonging to Zeus--but one of his least defended. We're supposed to access the computer mainframe and upload as much information as we can."

Comment

A shadow fell over her plates and a voice sounded so Ryn looked up. It was an SF. She could tell from the uniform, the sidearm and the lack of a team patch. And what was more, a further look told her it was that officer of earlier. The one with the markings.

"Uh..." Out of habit she looked for a way out but the crowd around prevented a good look at the door, or indeed, an exit altogether. She had no choice but to relent since there was just no quick getaway possible.

She made a dismissive motion with a hand. "Sure, just sit. It's a free base, right." A bit of sarcasm always helped to cover up social awkwardness. At least it had in her past.

Comment

He sat down across from her. Sensing he needed to break the ice abit he attempted to make a joke.

"Have you tried the sludge they try to pass off as coffee around here? Hows the injuries coming along?"

He sat waiting for her to respond. He thought to himself.

I really need to start conversing more with the people on base.

Aftermath RP:
              1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

"Nah, Chief Swanson always gets me the good stuff. Unless everything he's got is good stuff," Ryn replied, not too sure what made her say that. Maybe just to defend the chief who was doing what he could for her.

The question about the injuries did surprise her though, but then again the guy was an SF. He'd probably been on duty that day and she'd been too out of it to notice ? Yeah, that must be it.
                "Uh. They're fine. I've been better, on the whole I can't complain. They dope me up real good when I need it, so I'm good."
                Pain meter check. Currently at ... 2 ? 2.5 ? Either way, it was bearable. No need to go back just yet...

"Anyway, why're you sitting here then ? Thought you was getting all chummy with her over there." Ryn nodded at Ovcharenko as indication as to who she meant.

Comment

He smirked abit before he answered.

"I was but I dont think her CO likes me very much. So rather than get her in trouble I decided to leave and noticed you were eating alone. Thought I would sit down and have a chat. I'm trying this new thing today of actually talking to people instead of just kind of being a fly on the wall. Frankly security work is how should I put it quite uneventful here. Not much going on since the initial influx of people when earth was destroyed."

He sat back wondering.

Why didnt I start trying to make friends sooner? I could definitly get used to haveing people around who actually know who I am.

Aftermath RP:
                  1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    "We can discuss that later, lieutenant. In the meantime, keep your hands and eyes off the members of my team." Satisfied he'd suitably dealt with the retreating marine, he turned back to his XO.
                    Tallon snickered a little at his blushing XO. "Please tell me you're not actually interested in him. I mean, I'm a guy and I can tell that he's shallow."
                    He cleared his throat, continuing the private conversation. "Spy, not really. Infiltrate might be more apt." Lance had to take a moment to recall the planet's name. "We're going to Perima. Apparently it's a fortress--one belonging to Zeus--but one of his least defended. We're supposed to access the computer mainframe and upload as much information as we can."
                    Greg had been distracted momentarily, glancing at the redhead who had entered when he wasn't looking. Kind of pretty, though he wasn't fond of the color and if he had to guess she was probably too young for him. He looked back at his group when coffee was mentioned. "The acute scientific mind doesn't function without coffee. Everybody knows that."

He considered that, the minor slip-up of language. He was polite enough not to say there was a massive difference between "upload" and "download." 'But what if we do upload something while we download information? Do I have enough time to write something?'

Waving a fork at Tallon, Greg's mind was already in a lab behind a computer."You just gave me an idea. Upload while you download. Oxford, after lunch, leave me alone for a couple of hours. I have a surprise to write."

"Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<from quarters>>

Markus enters the mess hall and he walks straight to the coffee machine. He starts to put some coffee as he let's his mind wander. 'I wonder what Lena and Lance are doing.'
                      Aftermath RP
                      Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
                      Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
                      SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
                      Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

((I have no idea how it is abroad, but here they just cut off all cable connection "for maintenance purposes" for 1,5 hours without single warning! ))

"Spy, not really. Infiltrate might be more apt." Lance had to take a moment to recall the planet's name. "We're going to Perima. Apparently it's a fortress--one belonging to Zeus--but one of his least defended. We're supposed to access the computer mainframe and upload as much information as we can."
                        Originally posted by DragonGate View Post
                        Waving a fork at Tallon, Greg's mind was already in a lab behind a computer."You just gave me an idea. Upload while you download. Oxford, after lunch, leave me alone for a couple of hours. I have a surprise to write."
                        Ovcharenko digested received information for several moments, before responding.

"Perima? Never heard about it. But Zeus... Isn't he the Goa'uld responsible in orchestrating several attacks on us? Now about the infiltration. The word itself suggests fast and quiet operation, but the given objective marks the mission as one of the "Raid for the information and intelligence" type. And Greg is right... rather than we will just get our hands on the information and leave, it'd be nice to leave them a surprise in that mainframe like a nasty virus."

"Please tell me you're not actually interested in him. I mean, I'm a guy and I can tell that he's shallow."
                        She met Tallon's eyes.

"Oh, and few last words about Barden, while he's not around. I feel that I pretty much have him in my hands now, so why should I lose such an opportunity? He'll be a good toy to play with." - She rolled her eyes innocently, than focused on Lance again and talked to him in her sweetest possible voice. - "And, with all due respect, Comrade Lieutenant, I just got a feeling that you're a bit jealous. But I think that we can discuss this topic after the mission."

Lena sat into more comfortable position in her chair after she said everything she wanted. Her cold mind of an experienced soldier had immediately taken over her emotions and was already busy choosing gear for the upcoming mission.
                        Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 15 December 2009, 12:47 AM.
                        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1LTBarden View Post
                          He smirked abit before he answered.

"I was but I dont think her CO likes me very much. So rather than get her in trouble I decided to leave and noticed you were eating alone. Thought I would sit down and have a chat. I'm trying this new thing today of actually talking to people instead of just kind of being a fly on the wall. Frankly security work is how should I put it quite uneventful here. Not much going on since the initial influx of people when earth was destroyed."

He sat back wondering.

Why didnt I start trying to make friends sooner? I could definitly get used to haveing people around who actually know who I am.

"Mmm," Ryn replied, just listening to the man droning on. "Okay. Yeah. Uh." Stalling to find a new subject. She failed to come up with one and tried finding an excuse. "Well. Seems I'm not much of a talker, really. You seen any of my team around by any chance ?" Ryn just wasn't too sure where they were all hanging out at and why she wasn't invited to the party. Her message to the team had failed to produce any kind of response.

Comment

He had opened his mouth to reply, but shut it when the XO started speaking up. He started at the woman as if she had no concept of chains of command. He wasn’t even going too bothered with Tallon and his behaviour. Whispering in front of the higher ranked officer than him, pretty much like the he just did. If this how the two worked, they were going to get themselves killed or be on the death door on their arrival. Christ, he invited Tallon so he could speak to the man regard the mission, his team was undertaking. Not for his XO to start chatting up the security officer as if this was a high school mess period. It irked him that they did not realise that they were in charge of the team, there wasn’t going to be a field grade officer to bail them out of the jam they would land in. He only had to pray for the other members of SG7.

Looking at his food he had pretty much lost his urge to eat. He sat there, waiting and seeing if the two junior officers came to their sense anytime soon. Hearing Greg speak up, Travis nodded, “You have 4 hours. If need more time let me know.

Standing up, he tilted his head to Tallon, “Lieutenant, If and when you and your XO are ready to act like the team commanders, you will find me in my office.” With that he discarded his uneaten food and exited the mess.

Comment

He looked at her and thought for a moment.

"Sorry cant say that I have seen them around. But I should get back to my rounds before I get in trouble for slacking off. It was nice chatting with you Gunny. Have a good lunch."

He stood up and headed out of the mess hall. On his way out he gave one last wink and smile to Lena at the table.

<<To quarters>>

Aftermath RP:
                              1st Lt. Chris Barden

Comment

Tim got out of the stairways and followed the smells of food, still with a small smile on his lips, 'Got to find out more about her. Definitely on the 'interesting' list...'
                                He didn't come any further in his thoughts as Oxford appeared right in front of him, heading *out of the Mess hall?
                                Straightening his features, he stopped, “Sir! You wanted to see me?”

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

Working...
                                X