No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I don't have a offcial position, but they give me random alien technology and tell me to figure out how they work. Also, I study ancient text on my down time." Markus drinks again from his cup and he leans back in his chair and he stretches.

'Why does she want to know so much about me?' Markus thought as he waited for her responce.
    Last edited by Re1ndeer; 08 November 2009, 01:39 PM.
    Aftermath RP
    Markus Redd - SG-7 Computer Scientist
    Captain Joseph Laport - OSI Agent Stationed at Alpha Site

New Seasons RP
    SGT Markus Redd - SG-3 Medic
    Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

'He doesn't have a position here... Main thing is that he's open for recruitment. But I need to know much more about him, before (and if) I'll recommend him to Lance.' - Lena ticked first position of four in her new-formed Marcus' interview list within her mind.

"I hope you have some time for talking then, because I need to learn few things about you, since I'm looking for a scientist to fill up our team and you aren't assigned with a position already, which makes you a perfect potentional candidate."

She took another sip from her cup, thinking what to ask next. Then looked inside of it dissapointed - tea was running out.

"So, how good are you with these technologies and ancient language, Marcus? I can deal with an alien tech only by shooting or exploding it destroyed, but that's rarely the necessary option. Or I can operate ones that I'm aware of. And languages... Well, I can easily learn new ones to converse not only in Russian or English, but I just don't have time for that usually... And it doesn't seems to be necessary any more..."

Scorpio drinks her tea again, and also leans back in her chair, looking directly into Marcus' eyes and waiting for his answer.
      Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Markus smiles as he listens to her tell him why she is asking questions. 'So that is why she is asking all the questions. Being on a team might be exciting.'

"When the two are seprate, I can figure them out pretty quick. But, when they are together, that is a litter harder. My Ancient is getting better every day. Right now, I am getting the key words and the main idea. That's all that is important. Right? He laughs a little bit and then takes another sip of his coffee.
        Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
        Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

"We've got a linguist already, but that's good if you understand ancient. Really good. And aliens rarely place two different techs in one device, so I doubt that'd be a problem."

She quickly finished her tea and put the empty cup on the tray.

"Are you capable of defending yourself? What about your weapon training or close-quarter combat training?"

'That's probably most important question for me. We may find ourselves in a situation where me or Lance just won't be able to defend them both...' - thought Lena while Marcus was thinking over his answer.
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Markus gets suprised by her next question. "Well in the Boy Scouts, they tought us how to shoot. I won't be able to get a head shot from 100 yards away, but I can shoot a pistol. As for hand to hand," Markus shrugs, "I got self-defence classes when I was 8 to about 20 years old. Not including defending myself from my brothers. I can defend myself that way pretty good."

Markus drinks the last of the coffee in his cup and he stands up."Do you mind if I go refill this?"
            Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
            Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

"No. I don't. I think I'll even join you in that."

Lena stood up and took tray with empty dishes. Then she carried it to the cleaning area, picking up her empty cup from the tray and refilling it with tea, and returned to her table, waiting till Marcus will make himself more coffee and return to continue with his interviewing.
              Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; 09 November 2009, 08:49 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Markus walked over to the coffee container and filled up his cup for the 3rd time this day. He walked back to the table and sat in he origonal seat.

"Well, as I was saying, I am not the best at combat but I can defend my self decently. Do you have anyother questions?" Markus said and shortly after he took another sip from his cup. 'I wonder how well I am looking for this position. Hopefully, I don't look too bad.'
                Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
                Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

"Well, considering your self-defence capabilities, they are fine. I didn't await a commando training from a scientist. And it's rare thing. I mean, scientists who can tell about their self-defense at least what you've told. That'll suffice." - Lena replied to Marcus, taking a sip of tea.

'Or I'll drill you up to reloading your gun in 3 seconds, if it won't,' - Scorpio concluded her phrase mentally.

"And let's continue with final question of our interview." - She smiled and winced to him almost imperceptable. - "What about your field and off-world experience, Marcus? Had you ever been on any missions already, no matter was it before SGC or with us?"

sigpic

Comment

"Does hiking back to a city without a map and through heavy forest when I was 14 count? Otherwise, I have been in offices and labs all of my career. Markus smiled and took another sip of his coffee. He shifted in his seat and got in a comfortable position ans he waited for her responce.

'That is probally a check against my chances of getting the position.
                    Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
                    Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

"It barely counts, but if you'll be able to find your way to the Gate, being completely lost somewhere on alien planet... Well, that'd be good."

Elena leaned back in her chair, thinking over received information.

'Ok. He knows a lot about alien tech, and is good in self-defence. But he lacks off-world experience... Maybe a couple of missions will be enough for him to get used to being in the field. But that's not completely my decision after all...'

"Listen, Marcus. In my opinion your knowledge overweights your lack of field experience. So, I'd take you in the team. But my decision isn't final. My CO, or maybe even your future CO, must say his word. And that word'd be final. So, if you're ready to see him..."

sigpic

Comment

"Well, let's go meet him." Markus said as he stood up, "I mean if that is alright with you. It might be a little hard to find him without you."

As Markus waits for a responce, he takes a sip of his coffee.
                        Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
                        Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Scorpio also stood up and picked up her cup.

"Actually, I've no idea where is he now, so I'd better radio him, if you don't mind. Hold a second, please." - said Elena, triggering her radio on.

sigpic

Comment

{From his quarters, over Ovcharenko's radio}

"Tallon here." He paused... I'll be in the mess hall shortly. Meet me there in ten."

((Just a heads up. I'll have a post for Lance entering the mess hall up much later tonight or fairly early tomorrow.))

Comment

Scorpio listened to the Tallon's responce, than sat back in her chair.

"Well, we can just wait for him here, Marcus. Lieutenant Tallon will come up here." - she addressed Redd, who was standing nearby, ready to follow her to Lance.

Lena took a deep sip from her cup, and sat more comfortably in her chair, waiting for her CO to come.

sigpic

Comment

Markus nods and slips back into his chair. He looks down at his cup and he swirls it around. "So, what do SG teams do exactly?"

As he waits, drinks some of his coffee.
                                Aftermath RP

New Seasons RP
                                Eli Wallace- SGU

Comment

Working...
                                X