No announcement yet.

Mess Hall / Commissary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermione closed her eyes and swored under her breath. Trust Jensen to waltz off and leave her to pick up the pieces. She opened her eyes slowly, wincing slightly as she told him. "Major Howard has been released from her quarters on medical grounds."
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Blue laid down his fork and took a sip of his juice. "Dang, you scared me there for a minute, Min. Winchester put that in his proposal as well. I didn't really want to confine her to her quarters but, I thought that was the only way to keep her out of Anderson's."
      He shook his head and sighed, "I didn't forbid them to have a relationship, I just asked for discretion. Nooooo, they can't be bothered. The whole d**n base probably knows they slept together. She had the ***** to come down here a get breakfast in bed, for TWO. Like no one was going to notice. Sheesh."
      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
      sigpic

Comment

"By my understanding, it wasn't Anderson's they were in anyway," grinned Hermione. "I'm sorry, you're right. But I'm not sure it's a case of effort. I just don't think she's used to having to be discrete. She's always worn her heart on her sleave. I don't think she quite grasps it." Hermione took a much needed mouthful of her coffee. "I still stand by what I said, I think her excessive attachment to James stems from her fear of losing him, like she did with Thomas and Joanne. Hopefully his return from this mission will help her to realise how unfounded those fears are." She set the cup on the table and smiled. "But I'm glad Jensen showed. She adores that man. He used to be the only person who could bring a smile to her face."

Comment

"It's irrelevant who's quarters they were in," he snapped, "This is first and foremost a military base. I cannot and will not have my personel blatantly fornicating like rabbits."
          Nick pushed his half empty tray away, "I even gave them an 'out'. Take it off-base and off-duty. That's what ticks me off the most."
          sigpic

Comment

"Nick!" hissed Hermione warningly, looking round and the numerous pairs of eyes that were now watching them. "Calm down! I know it's not ideal, and I know you gave them an "out", but it wasn't really, was it? I mean, they didn't have anywhere else to go, did they? I've told you this before."

She waved her hand any shook her head. "Anyway, enough. It's a moot point. Last I heard, she ended it. It may not seem it, but she thinks very highly of you. There are few things in life that would stop Caitriona doing what she damn well pleases."

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              "Nick!" hissed Hermione warningly, looking round and the numerous pairs of eyes that were now watching them. "Calm down! I know it's not ideal, and I know you gave them an "out", but it wasn't really, was it? I mean, they didn't have anywhere else to go, did they? I've told you this before."
              Nick lowered his voice but was still angry, "She had the forethought to take Dobson and your daughter off the base. Why didn't they just do the same. Everybody has been camping around here. There would be no questions asked."

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              She waved her hand any shook her head. "Anyway, enough. It's a moot point. Last I heard, she ended it. It may not seem it, but she thinks very highly of you. There are few things in life that would stop Caitriona doing what she damn well pleases."
              "It doesn't make a difference if it's Howard and Anderson, Clayton and Dobson or anybody else. If I have to be the ba***rd to draw the line, so be it." He pushed the tray further away and growled.
              sigpic

Comment

"Eat," growled Hermione in response, pushing the tray back towards him. "And it's all very well you being the ba****d to draw the line, but I'm the one that has to pick up the pieces. As for going camping, I have my theories."

Comment

Nick picked up the fork and pushed the beans around the plate. Finally he asked, "Why didn't they go camping?"
                  sigpic

Comment

"It was James who went to her quarters," she said. "Fighting, most likely. We all have difficulty controlling our own emotions, distancing ourselves from the situation. You asked why she didn't have the 'foresight' like she did with Rowena. She wasn't involved with that situation. She saw Rowena and Richard, removed them as quick as she possibly could."

She took a sip of coffee. "From what I understand, I think James went to speak to Caitriona, furious with her for what happened in the infirmary. There's a fine line between rage and passion. They never planned on sleeping together, they didn't have that foresight, they crossed the line. Rowena and Richard wouldn't have stopped themselves, they needed Caitriona to do it for them. There was no-one there to give them that prompt."

She shrugged. "It's just a theory. Now, stop playing with your food and eat it."

Comment

He started chopping the purple beans with the side of his fork. "I can buy the line between rage and passion. But. Traipsing through the corridors to bring back breakfast in bed? That's just rubbing salt in the wound."
                      He mixed the beans with the noodles and started eating again.
                      sigpic

Comment

"Oh, come on, Nick," grinned Hermione. "Where's your romantic side?" She sighed and rested her chin on her palm. "You're right, though. I suppose she just... I don't know. I really have no idea." She shrugged. "So, how are you holding up? Still not taking that vacation, I see."

Comment

Nick tried to stifle a smile, "I have a romantic side. At least I used to."
                          He finished his dinner and started sipping the juice. "Maybe I'll go camping. On the beach."
                          sigpic

Comment

Hermione couldn't help but giggle. "Who are you taking camping, then? Callista?" She tried to regain her composure. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. But you really should get out there. Camping on the beach is an excellent idea."

Comment

Blue rolled his eyes at her suggestion of a companion. "I'm sure she'd appreciate a break from me," he paused, "No. I'll take a week by the ocean by myself. Go native if I want to."
                              He laughed, "I can be a scary sight when I haven't shaved for a few days."
                              sigpic

Comment

"Only when you haven't shaved?" Hermione smiled at him. "It will do you so much good to get away from this place. I mean that." She drained the rest of her coffee. "So how long until we get rid of you?"

Comment

Working...
                                X